No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Wednesday of the week leading up to Easter #7557564
04/13/22 07:23 PM
04/13/22 07:23 PM

M
Mark June OP
Unregistered
Mark June OP
Unregistered
M

The plot to kill Jesus was on the radar of the religious and civic leaders in Jerusalem midweek and we know that Christ - fully God, and fully human - was aware of what was happening.
The suffering Servant spoke to the religious Jews quite candidly about what would happen until the times of the Gentiles were fulfilled (Lk 21:23-24).

The Jews did not realize it, but they were actually going to become part of the New Covenant being made effectual through the death of Jesus. All "Wills and Testaments" are made effectual when the person dies, and not before. So as part of God's Creation - Redemption - Restoration plan, Jesus allowed Himself to be questioned, sneered at, and mocked. Even knowing what was to come in two days.

People sometimes ask me during my ministry support "How I could place faith in such an unloving God!"
I ask them to give me the context of what they mean by that because people's reasons make sense to them, oftentimes with great pain associated.
And then, if possible, I share the truth of the Gospel which is Jesus on Wednesday was being mistreated as harshly as could be done, and yet as God He accepted all of it. Knowing He was about to be killed. God. Taking everything people could muster and not wiping the while slate clean merely by His Word.

That's love for others.... us..... that's beyond our ability to understand.

in 33AD, almost 2000 years ago, in the capital of the Jewish people, there was quite a stir going around town long about Wednesday.
Thank God.

Blessings,
Mark

Re: Wednesday of the week leading up to Easter [Re: ] #7557577
04/13/22 07:32 PM
04/13/22 07:32 PM
South Ga - Almost Florida
S
Swamp Wolf Offline
trapper
Swamp Wolf  Offline
trapper
S

South Ga - Almost Florida
Thanks for posting this Mark. I like learning more about such a great story.

Thank God For Your Blessings!
Never Half-Arse Anything!

Resource Protection Service

Re: Wednesday of the week leading up to Easter [Re: ] #7557580
04/13/22 07:36 PM
04/13/22 07:36 PM
Wy
G
Giant Sage Offline
trapper
Giant Sage  Offline
trapper
G

Wy
Thank you for sharing this.

Re: Wednesday of the week leading up to Easter [Re: ] #7557611
04/13/22 08:20 PM
04/13/22 08:20 PM

M
Mark June OP
Unregistered
Mark June OP
Unregistered
M

wink

Re: Wednesday of the week leading up to Easter [Re: ] #7557709
04/13/22 10:34 PM
04/13/22 10:34 PM
South Central Kansas
KsTrapper88 Offline
trapper
KsTrapper88  Offline
trapper

South Central Kansas
Thanks for the post. It is truly an incredible story of redemption. And not only Jews but gentiles like us were now able to be grafted into His tree, how remarkable is that, and that message of redemption has spread to here in North America on the opposite side of the world from where it originated, and 2000 years later we can read a post on a trapping forum and be reminded of our Saviors final days in the flesh. God is good!

Derek
Re: Wednesday of the week leading up to Easter [Re: ] #7557752
04/13/22 11:13 PM
04/13/22 11:13 PM
Central Texas
C
Chancey Offline
trapper
Chancey  Offline
trapper
C

Central Texas
Praise God Almighty. Jesus Christ is our Passover. No need in putting blood on the door; Jesus, the Son of God, already did it for the entirety of man!

For God so loved the world.........

Resident Conspiracy Theorist
Accused Moron, Nazi, Low IQ, and Putin Fan Boy
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread