No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Re: So you want to be a Game Warden [Re: Law Dog] #7558133
04/14/22 12:52 PM
04/14/22 12:52 PM
MN, Land of 10,000 Lakes
T
Trapper7 Offline
trapper
Trapper7  Offline
trapper
T

MN, Land of 10,000 Lakes
Have a nephew who went to school to be a game warden. He was all gung ho about it until he realized that most of the time he'd be working was when everybody else would be hunting or fishing. He dropped out for that reason.

We are told not to judge all Muslims by the actions of a few lunatics, but are told to judge all gunowners by the actions of a few.
Re: So you want to be a Game Warden [Re: Law Dog] #7558140
04/14/22 01:09 PM
04/14/22 01:09 PM
Nevada
N
nvwrangler Offline
trapper
nvwrangler  Offline
trapper
N

Nevada
Had a warden come marching into camp one time demanding to see everyone's license and tags. It was about 7:30 in the evening of opening day, so it was dark and we all had beer's in hand. First guy to respond took all the wind out of the wardens sails when he replied that at this point in time we were camping and didn't need a license or tag to camp and it would be illegal for us to be hunting as we had been drinking alcohol. The warden was told if he wanted to check he could come find us in the woods in the morning. He never did check us and we saw him a couple more times that week.

Re: So you want to be a Game Warden [Re: Law Dog] #7558142
04/14/22 01:10 PM
04/14/22 01:10 PM
MN
Y
yukonal Offline
trapper
yukonal  Offline
trapper
Y

MN
Originally Posted by Law Dog
Papers came today for a summer position along the Missouri River parks system

It’s down in my cat trapping area so that could be beneficial for learning more about the areas and finding possible cat locations and meet some landowners in the areas.

I didn't know you had cats in SD. Just for my knowledge, and to actually LEARN something off this thread...lol...What part of the state will yo be in? North, east, south, or west? Thanks, and good luck with your adventure!

Re: So you want to be a Game Warden [Re: nvwrangler] #7558146
04/14/22 01:15 PM
04/14/22 01:15 PM
MN
Y
yukonal Offline
trapper
yukonal  Offline
trapper
Y

MN
Originally Posted by nvwrangler
Had a warden come marching into camp one time demanding to see everyone's license and tags. It was about 7:30 in the evening of opening day, so it was dark and we all had beer's in hand. First guy to respond took all the wind out of the wardens sails when he replied that at this point in time we were camping and didn't need a license or tag to camp and it would be illegal for us to be hunting as we had been drinking alcohol. The warden was told if he wanted to check he could come find us in the woods in the morning. He never did check us and we saw him a couple more times that week.

That's funny as hill!

Re: So you want to be a Game Warden [Re: nvwrangler] #7558152
04/14/22 01:26 PM
04/14/22 01:26 PM
Eastern W by God V
Crowfoot Offline
trapper
Crowfoot  Offline
trapper

Eastern W by God V

Ya'll woulda been busted in WV. (of course you had guns n ammo in camp ? )
Guy was walking home 1/4 mile from the river with a fishing pole and small tackle box (no fish). GW stopped and asked for his lic. He had none. GW did not witness the guy actually fishing so he couldn't write that ticket. So ...... the guy was charged with Possessing fishing paraphernalia afield without a valid fishing license. Cost the guy $85 (closer to $200 in todays money)

Re: So you want to be a Game Warden [Re: yukonal] #7558167
04/14/22 01:45 PM
04/14/22 01:45 PM
Central, SD
Law Dog Offline OP
trapper
Law Dog  Offline OP
trapper

Central, SD
Originally Posted by yukonal
Originally Posted by Law Dog
Papers came today for a summer position along the Missouri River parks system

It’s down in my cat trapping area so that could be beneficial for learning more about the areas and finding possible cat locations and meet some landowners in the areas.

I didn't know you had cats in SD. Just for my knowledge, and to actually LEARN something off this thread...lol...What part of the state will yo be in? North, east, south, or west? Thanks, and good luck with your adventure!

Missouri River Breaks have good cat habitat in many areas, my work area will be from the center of the State down to almost the NE border. It’s a 4 month summer job so it won’t impact my activity much and it’s done before trapping season even gets close.

Was born in a Big City Will die in the Country OK with that!

Jerry Herbst
Re: So you want to be a Game Warden [Re: Trapper7] #7558194
04/14/22 02:06 PM
04/14/22 02:06 PM
South Ga - Almost Florida
S
Swamp Wolf Offline
trapper
Swamp Wolf  Offline
trapper
S

South Ga - Almost Florida
Originally Posted by Trapper7
Have a nephew who went to school to be a game warden. He was all gung ho about it until he realized that most of the time he'd be working was when everybody else would be hunting or fishing. He dropped out for that reason.

Your nephew must have wanted to hunt with everyone else. I was off 10 days per month....every month.

Thank God For Your Blessings!
Never Half-Arse Anything!

Resource Protection Service

Re: So you want to be a Game Warden [Re: Swamp Wolf] #7558201
04/14/22 02:10 PM
04/14/22 02:10 PM
MN, Land of 10,000 Lakes
T
Trapper7 Offline
trapper
Trapper7  Offline
trapper
T

MN, Land of 10,000 Lakes
Originally Posted by Swamp Wolf

Your nephew must have wanted to hunt with everyone else. I was off 10 days per month....every month.

Yes, he loves fishing and hunting. He felt he would miss opening of fishing and several hunting opening seasons.

We are told not to judge all Muslims by the actions of a few lunatics, but are told to judge all gunowners by the actions of a few.
Re: So you want to be a Game Warden [Re: Law Dog] #7558389
04/14/22 05:19 PM
04/14/22 05:19 PM
Central, SD
Law Dog Offline OP
trapper
Law Dog  Offline OP
trapper

Central, SD
I’d work 7 days a week if they wanted me to do that for 4 months heck I work 7 months a year trapping for less.. LOL Summer is no big deal to me so it’s a perfect fit. I always thought owning a soft serve stand that’s only open in the summer would also work for trapping freedom.

Was born in a Big City Will die in the Country OK with that!

Jerry Herbst
Re: So you want to be a Game Warden [Re: Crowfoot] #7558444
04/14/22 06:35 PM
04/14/22 06:35 PM
Northern lower Michigan
Feedinggrounds Offline
trapper
Feedinggrounds  Offline
trapper

Northern lower Michigan
Originally Posted by Crowfoot

Guy was walking home 1/4 mile from the river with a fishing pole and small tackle box (no fish). GW stopped and asked for his lic. He had none. GW did not witness the guy actually fishing so he couldn't write that ticket. So ...... the guy was charged with Possessing fishing paraphernalia afield without a valid fishing license. Cost the guy $85 (closer to $200 in todays money)

Bought it at a rummage sale....Many revenue tickets are given out as cost to fight ain't worth it to most.

you're only allowed so many sunrises... I aim to see every one of them!
Re: So you want to be a Game Warden [Re: Crowfoot] #7558452
04/14/22 06:54 PM
04/14/22 06:54 PM
Northern Maine
Bruce T Offline
trapper
Bruce T  Offline
trapper

Northern Maine

Busted for what?They was not hunting.Its legal to have guns and ammo in camp.

Nevada bound
Re: So you want to be a Game Warden [Re: Law Dog] #7558464
04/14/22 07:16 PM
04/14/22 07:16 PM
williamsburg ks
D
danny clifton Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
danny clifton  Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
D

williamsburg ks
If I get a ticket I got coming I will just pay it. If I get one I don't you better believe its going to court.

Those who would give up essential liberty, to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)
Re: So you want to be a Game Warden [Re: Law Dog] #7558502
04/14/22 07:48 PM
04/14/22 07:48 PM
Eastern W by God V
Crowfoot Offline
trapper
Crowfoot  Offline
trapper

Eastern W by God V
Recon maybe you'd be safe in MI or ME .... dunno.
In WV, I bet you'd show them papers.

smile

Last edited by Crowfoot; 04/14/22 07:48 PM.
Re: So you want to be a Game Warden [Re: nvwrangler] #7558506
04/14/22 07:52 PM
04/14/22 07:52 PM
Eastern W by God V
Crowfoot Offline
trapper
Crowfoot  Offline
trapper

Eastern W by God V
Originally Posted by Feedinggrounds

Bought it at a rummage sale....Many revenue tickets are given out as cost to fight ain't worth it to most.

Yeah, this is the kind of stuff that makes it more difficult than it needs to be for the rest of us.

Re: So you want to be a Game Warden [Re: Crowfoot] #7558507
04/14/22 07:53 PM
04/14/22 07:53 PM
Northern Maine
Bruce T Offline
trapper
Bruce T  Offline
trapper

Northern Maine

smile

I would show them to the warden.Not a problem.

Nevada bound
Re: So you want to be a Game Warden [Re: Bruce T] #7558510
04/14/22 07:56 PM
04/14/22 07:56 PM
Eastern W by God V
Crowfoot Offline
trapper
Crowfoot  Offline
trapper

Eastern W by God V

Originally Posted by Bruce T

smile

I would show them to the warden.Not a problem.

Exactly ! Then you wouldn't be busted. Good job !

Re: So you want to be a Game Warden [Re: Law Dog] #7558513
04/14/22 07:59 PM
04/14/22 07:59 PM
WI>>>MN >>>WI
T-Rex Offline
trapper
T-Rex  Offline
trapper

WI>>>MN >>>WI
Right now I have nuisance bear problems. MN DNR is no help at all. In fact they are just one more problem that I am forced to deal with.

Man who mistake shillelagh for fairy wand; see pixie dust, also.
Re: So you want to be a Game Warden [Re: Trapper7] #7558520
04/14/22 08:04 PM
04/14/22 08:04 PM
Idaho Falls, ID
G
Grandpa Trapper Offline
trapper
Grandpa Trapper  Offline
trapper
G

Idaho Falls, ID

He didn’t realize that before he went to school? I imagine you meant he was going to college majoring in a Conservation field and not actually accepted in a State Game Warden training program.

Re: So you want to be a Game Warden [Re: Law Dog] #7558588
04/14/22 09:31 PM
04/14/22 09:31 PM
SW Georgia
W
Wanna Be Offline
trapper
Wanna Be  Offline
trapper
W

SW Georgia
Only ever had one bad experience with one particular GW. Been checked by many and even hunted with one or two on some dove hunts…them boys could shoot too. And they counted about as well as I did, lol. Been checked by Feds in Arkansas duck hunting and Alabama turkey hunting. Never had a bad experience with any of those out of state either. Even had the law called on me in NM for “trespassing” by an anonymous person that saw my headlamp going up a mountain one morning. Of course I didn’t know anything about it until I came off the mountain. The GW had left a note for me to call. I did and set up a meeting for the next day. He came checked license and made sure we had permission to be where we were and went on his way. He even showed us a couple spots on a map where we could find some birds.

Re: So you want to be a Game Warden [Re: Law Dog] #7558741
04/15/22 12:45 AM
04/15/22 12:45 AM
Virginia
52Carl Offline
trapper
52Carl  Offline
trapper

Virginia
I sure hope you don't mind getting lied to from everyone you encounter. That includes honest people. Something about game warden encounters makes people lose their senses.

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread