No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Would you ban the bible? #7558861
04/15/22 08:27 AM
04/15/22 08:27 AM
Iowa
R
riverratdm Offline OP
trapper
riverratdm  Offline OP
trapper
R

Iowa
Videos like this sometimes make me feel there is little hope for our nation.

https://youtu.be/XckcMeSueMA

Re: Would you ban the bible? [Re: riverratdm] #7558869
04/15/22 08:36 AM
04/15/22 08:36 AM
ontario
G
grampy Offline
trapper
grampy  Offline
trapper
G

ontario
I view this as to show people are past the point of stupid and really shows that probably a good majority of these mindless souls can be led just like sheep. Guess we already see that in politics. Past the point of brain dead??

Re: Would you ban the bible? [Re: riverratdm] #7558893
04/15/22 09:08 AM
04/15/22 09:08 AM
Tennessee
Scuba1 Offline
"color blind Kraut"
Scuba1  Offline
"color blind Kraut"

Tennessee
According to Mark June, Without it we would have no morals and would have blown up the planet a tong time ago.
So going by that self admittance, I think it should never be banned, as it seems to keep a lot of folks from being raving lunatics wanting to kill everything around them.
So if that book is what keeps those folks on the straight and narrow, its worth keeping on the shelves for those that need it.

Let's go Brandon

"Shall not comply" with morons who don't understand "shall not infringe."
Re: Would you ban the bible? [Re: Scuba1] #7558903
04/15/22 09:17 AM
04/15/22 09:17 AM
Central Wisconsin
C
Craig S. Offline
trapper
Craig S.  Offline
trapper
C

Central Wisconsin
Originally Posted by Scuba1
According to Mark June, Without it we would have no morals and would have blown up the planet a tong time ago.
So going by that self admittance, I think it should never be banned, as it seems to keep a lot of folks from being raving lunatics wanting to kill everything around them.
So if that book is what keeps those folks on the straight and narrow, its worth keeping on the shelves for those that need it.

Well that certainly does seem to be the case at least in some instances..Pretty sure Hitler ,Stalin and any others ., (atheist dictators responsible for great atrocities in the last few centuries)did not follow the Bible. Perhaps there is a correlation between biblical values and morality or lack there of?
wink

Re: Would you ban the bible? [Re: riverratdm] #7558913
04/15/22 09:32 AM
Northern Maine
Bruce T Offline
trapper
Bruce T  Offline
trapper

Northern Maine
No never

Nevada bound
Re: Would you ban the bible? [Re: riverratdm] #7558914
Tennessee
Scuba1 Offline
"color blind Kraut"
Scuba1  Offline
"color blind Kraut"

Tennessee
I am just glad that burning people at a stake is frowned upon these days wink

Let's go Brandon

Re: Would you ban the bible? [Re: Scuba1] #7558917
04/15/22 09:33 AM
04/15/22 09:33 AM
Nebraska
Poorcoon Offline
trapper
Poorcoon  Offline
trapper

Nebraska

I'm curious of where you think the origin of your set of values and morals may have came from? Are people just naturally born with them? Or are they molded as you grow from birth?

"Nothing I like to do pays well." True Grit

"Revenge is in the hands of God, not mine." Revenant.
Re: Would you ban the bible? [Re: riverratdm] #7558924
04/15/22 09:40 AM
04/15/22 09:40 AM
2A Sanctuaries-W. OK & N. NM
Blaine County Online content
trapper
Blaine County  Online Content
trapper

2A Sanctuaries-W. OK & N. NM
This has less to do with the Bible and more to do with how stupid people are. There are many stupid people in this country--right and left. Way too many.

No books should be banned--including the Koran, Tom Sawyer, the Satanic Bible or any darn book.

Re: Would you ban the bible? [Re: Scuba1] #7558930
04/15/22 09:48 AM
04/15/22 09:48 AM
Northeast Oklahoma
M
Mike in A-town Offline
trapper
Mike in A-town  Offline
trapper
M

Northeast Oklahoma

Ironically, at the height of that era in history it was basically illegal for common folk to have access to the Bible. Latin translations were the norm and they were kept under lock and key with only the clergy having access and the knowledge to read them... And disseminate what was felt the masses should be told.

Mike

One man with a gun may control 100 others who have none.

Vladimir Lenin
Re: Would you ban the bible? [Re: riverratdm] #7558933
04/15/22 09:50 AM
04/15/22 09:50 AM

M
Mark June
Unregistered
Mark June
Unregistered
M

The self-righteousness ever boiling in our pots has a tough time keeping the lid on when it thinks it can dip in and splash some more spew at someone trying to be a better person to those around them.
And some revel in the stirring of the self-righteous pot before they dip in.
Wonder why that is? wink

It's all written and available.

THANK GOD he gives all humans his common grace of,
breath in our lungs,
and a moral conscious.

We can choose to end our lives or bend in on the moral conscious at any time and sadly many do.
We had 7 more young people, ages 12-18 end their lives this week in our hospital.
7 more broken families.

We'll keep doing the best we can, with what we have, where we're at.
If anyone would like to help rather than spew, that's always welcomed.

Blessings,
Mark

Re: Would you ban the bible? [Re: riverratdm] #7558935
04/15/22 09:52 AM
04/15/22 09:52 AM
Northern Maine
Bruce T Offline
trapper
Bruce T  Offline
trapper

Northern Maine
It's very sad.

Nevada bound
Re: Would you ban the bible? [Re: Blaine County] #7558955
04/15/22 10:10 AM
Northeast Oklahoma
M
Mike in A-town Offline
trapper
Mike in A-town  Offline
trapper
M

Northeast Oklahoma
Originally Posted by Blaine County
This has less to do with the Bible and more to do with how stupid people are. There are many stupid people in this country--right and left. Way too many.

No books should be banned--including the Koran, Tom Sawyer, the Satanic Bible or any darn book.

Well said. The very first lesson in the Bible has to do with free will. God could have decided to not put that certain tree in the garden. But the first man and woman were given the option to decide for themselves for better or worse.

Free will was the very first God-given right bestowed upon us.

Mike

One man with a gun may control 100 others who have none.

Vladimir Lenin
Re: Would you ban the bible? [Re: Scuba1] #7558956
Maine, Aroostook
Posco Offline
trapper
Posco  Offline
trapper

Maine, Aroostook

I'd be throat punching a lot more people than I do.

Re: Would you ban the bible? [Re: Blaine County] #7558968
04/15/22 10:15 AM
04/15/22 10:15 AM
Maine, Aroostook
Posco Offline
trapper
Posco  Offline
trapper

Maine, Aroostook
the Satanic Bible

I had a copy of that years ago. I looked all over, I even checked bookstores in Salem, Massachusetts (witches and whatnot) but couldn't find it there. Figured if I couldn't find it there, I couldn't find it anywhere. That was a bust. Finally found it in a Roman Catholic bookstore in Portland, Maine. It was a dull read and way overrated.

Re: Would you ban the bible? [Re: Blaine County] #7558997
04/15/22 10:49 AM
04/15/22 10:49 AM
Iowa
T
trapdog1 Offline
trapper
trapdog1  Offline
trapper
T

Iowa
Originally Posted by Mike in A-town

Well said. The very first lesson in the Bible has to do with free will. God could have decided to not put that certain tree in the garden. But the first man and woman were given the option to decide for themselves for better or worse.

Free will was the very first God-given right bestowed upon us.

Mike

Agreed.

Re: Would you ban the bible? [Re: Posco] #7559078
04/15/22 12:22 PM
04/15/22 12:22 PM
Ne pa
J
Jerry Jr. Offline
trapper
Jerry Jr.  Offline
trapper
J

Ne pa
Originally Posted by Mark June
The self-righteousness ever boiling in our pots has a tough time keeping the lid on when it thinks it can dip in and splash some more spew at someone trying to be a better person to those around them.
And some revel in the stirring of the self-righteous pot before they dip in.
Wonder why that is? wink

It's all written and available.

THANK GOD he gives all humans his common grace of,
breath in our lungs,
and a moral conscious.

We can choose to end our lives or bend in on the moral conscious at any time and sadly many do.
We had 7 more young people, ages 12-18 end their lives this week in our hospital.
7 more broken families.

We'll keep doing the best we can, with what we have, where we're at.
If anyone would like to help rather than spew, that's always welcomed.

Blessings,
Mark

Is this the way you always talk or is it just you copy and pasting from your online bible?

I fully agree.

And it is confirmed with this one:
Originally Posted by Posco

Time is more precious than gold if you know how to spend it
.... but what do I know, I'm just a dumb farmer.~My Dad
NRA LIFE MEMBER, Endowment Member
Re: Would you ban the bible? [Re: riverratdm] #7559084
04/15/22 12:28 PM
04/15/22 12:28 PM
Maine, Aroostook
Posco Offline
trapper
Posco  Offline
trapper

Maine, Aroostook
Originally Posted by Jerry Jr.

I fully agree.

And it is confirmed with this one:
Originally Posted by Posco
[quote=Scuba1]So if that book is what keeps those folks on the straight and narrow, its worth keeping on the shelves for those that need it.

1st Corinthians 10:13

Re: Would you ban the bible? [Re: riverratdm] #7559091
04/15/22 12:44 PM
04/15/22 12:44 PM
Tennessee
Scuba1 Offline
"color blind Kraut"
Scuba1  Offline
"color blind Kraut"

Tennessee
I think the bible like a lot of other drugs is fine in small doses. Some folks overdo it and then end up with the inevitable side effects like hypocrisy and a bunch of those things at times. And as any other drug, I am fine with people using them. with just a couple of caveats ... Number one is don't read it while driving, and don't try to peddle it at my door.

Let's go Brandon

Re: Would you ban the bible? [Re: Scuba1] #7559123
04/15/22 01:30 PM
04/15/22 01:30 PM
Wheaton Ks
L
lee steinmeyer Offline
trapper
lee steinmeyer  Offline
trapper
L

Wheaton Ks

Why are you worried Michael, you ain't a witch, are ya? grin

YOU CAN IGNORE REALITY, BUT YOU CANNOT IGNORE THE CONSEQUENCES OF IGNORING REALITY.

http://www.lptraplinesupply.com
Re: Would you ban the bible? [Re: Craig S.] #7559129
04/15/22 01:35 PM
04/15/22 01:35 PM
MN
M
Mark K Offline
trapper
Mark K  Offline
trapper
M

MN
Originally Posted by Craig S.

Well that certainly does seem to be the case at least in some instances..Pretty sure Hitler ,Stalin and any others ., (atheist dictators responsible for great atrocities in the last few centuries)did not follow the Bible. Perhaps there is a correlation between biblical values and morality or lack there of?
wink

I was under the understanding that Hitler was not an atheist, just had some really out of whack beliefs. Supposedly the atheist thing was a slur to make even more people hate him more. You can never really know what is in another man's heart.

Some of the "best" Christians I have ever known were about as Christ-like as Satan himself. And some of the biggest atheists I have met were about as Christ-like as, well, Christ.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread