No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
how come this truck isn't carrying more ammo... #7568078
04/24/22 12:49 AM
04/24/22 12:49 AM
se South Dakota
NonPCfed Offline OP
trapper
NonPCfed  Offline OP
trapper

se South Dakota
On Friday I had a thread about the Rus taking out the Dnieper River RR bridges and what that would mean for re-supplying Ukrainian heavy ordinance in the Donbas front but perhaps I had too much editorializing up front before showing the analysis I had cut and pasted from somewhere else. That thread lasted an hour or less. So, let's watch an Ukrainian infantry squad take a couple of MGs, some ammo, and other stuff from a supposedly abandoned Russian "fighting" truck. The whole video is about 8 minutes and doesn't seem to be edited so it appears to be about as long as this squad was around this truck. There are no English sub-titles but that doesn't really matter in my opinion.

I'll give some observations because that what's I get paid to do making coin for my family, observe and analyze.

No blood in this truck even though it appears to have been hit with at least some small arms fire, the cargo truck in back appears to have been near a rocket or arty explosion or the the Ukies blew the bridge on them. I've seen this in several Ukrainian videos, in non-burned out Russian vehicles, no blood so it appears that the soldiers inside just bolted out the doors.

The videographer, probably done on his smart phone, doesn't appear too interested in finding all the ammo that they can for the two MGs that they are taking from the truck. Perhaps he's the leader and is looking for documents and/or other gear, such as commo. I guess he does get a few of those green steel cans down that I'm thinking are ammo cans. but in the end, they only have about 3 or 4 of those in a pile.

The only seen ammo are about 2 links (probably 100+ rounds) for the .30 cal weapon and maybe half a link (if they're lucky) for the heavy they finally get off of the top. Did the Rus crew really only had that little ammo left or was it more that the Ukies sensing they were spending too much time and needed to ditty mount while they could.

By the end of the video, when they're in their 4-door small pick-up, they seem pretty concerned about getting out of there, especially when trying to get "bazooka man" into the truck (does that guy end up in the pick-up bed?). They certainly wanted to split so what was their biggest concern, some sort of Rus aircraft showing up or that they might be getting zeroed in on by enemy arty?

Interesting to watch and try to learn what's going on, even at this very local scale of things...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PcXPKDDYRjY

Last edited by Wolfdog91; 04/25/22 12:43 AM.

"And God said, Let us make man in our image �and let them have dominion �and all the creatures that move along the ground".
Genesis 1:26
Re: how come this truck isn't carrying more ammo... [Re: NonPCfed] #7568086
04/24/22 01:05 AM
04/24/22 01:05 AM
Sergievsk, Russia
K
KOSOI Offline
trapper
KOSOI  Offline
trapper
K

Sergievsk, Russia
This is a fake. on every russian car there are letters Z or V. Did you see something like this?

Re: how come this truck isn't carrying more ammo... [Re: NonPCfed] #7568090
04/24/22 01:10 AM
04/24/22 01:10 AM
se South Dakota
NonPCfed Offline OP
trapper
NonPCfed  Offline OP
trapper

se South Dakota
This is a fake. on every russian car there are letters Z or V. Did you see something like this?

Ok, Alexi, I don't want to wreck your Easter so let's see if anyone else says anything. I'm interested in seeing what any ex-U.S. infantry type of folks think about the video, if any check it out and want to comment.

"And God said, Let us make man in our image �and let them have dominion �and all the creatures that move along the ground".
Re: how come this truck isn't carrying more ammo... [Re: NonPCfed] #7568169
04/24/22 07:34 AM
04/24/22 07:34 AM
Ky
J
jbyrd63 Offline
trapper
jbyrd63  Offline
trapper
J

Ky
Why didn’t they take any of the ammo cans from the shelf in side the vehicle. The no blood was easy when they got shot at they bailed out The back truck got hit by mortar or something disabled it But why did Ukrainian stop there pick up so far away Lot harder carrying that crap down the road Any country boy would backed them back to back and tossed the items lol

Re: how come this truck isn't carrying more ammo... [Re: NonPCfed] #7568212
04/24/22 08:17 AM
04/24/22 08:17 AM
Arkansas
southerntrapper Offline
trapper
southerntrapper  Offline
trapper

Arkansas
Booby traps?

"We must all hang together, gentlemen...else, we shall most assuredly hang separately"
Re: how come this truck isn't carrying more ammo... [Re: NonPCfed] #7568228
04/24/22 08:41 AM
04/24/22 08:41 AM
MO
cfowler Offline
trapper
cfowler  Offline
trapper

MO
I’m not sure what’s really going on in the video. I would’ve backed the truck up and took everything we could use and haul. What I notice is no “z” markings on either destroyed vehicle. I’ve noticed that there aren’t a lot of pick-up trucks in Ukraine, despite the large amount of agriculture. I also notice that there doesn’t appear to be much obesity among the population there.

I trap for fun. I skin 'em for the money!
Grinners For Life-Lifetime Member, MO Chapter, Den #1
~You Grin, You're In~
Re: how come this truck isn't carrying more ammo... [Re: southerntrapper] #7568233
04/24/22 08:48 AM
04/24/22 08:48 AM
Minnesota
330-Trapper Offline

trapper
330-Trapper  Offline

trapper

Minnesota
Originally Posted by southerntrapper
Booby traps?

Possibly

NRA and NTA Life Member
www.BackroadsRevised@etsy.com

Re: how come this truck isn't carrying more ammo... [Re: NonPCfed] #7568237
04/24/22 08:50 AM
04/24/22 08:50 AM
Armpit, ak
D
Dirt Offline
trapper
Dirt  Offline
trapper
D

Armpit, ak
If part of Ukraine survives as an independent country, who will pay to rebuild it? Second, will it cost more for the rebuild than the cost to get it blown up?

Who is John Galt?
Re: how come this truck isn't carrying more ammo... [Re: NonPCfed] #7568266
04/24/22 09:34 AM
04/24/22 09:34 AM
se South Dakota
NonPCfed Offline OP
trapper
NonPCfed  Offline OP
trapper

se South Dakota
By the way, for those who haven't gone through parts of the U.S. Midwest and seen black soil, that really is the color of the dirt in that part of Ukraine. Some very rich stuff, high in organic material, at least when they started farming it...

Good observation on why they didn't back up the getaway vehicle closer to deposit their haul into from the abandoned truck. I missed that one. Again, if real, I think there was a concern that the 2 disabled vehicles were going to draw attention and would then be zeroed in for arty fire or airstrikes.

My lingering question is did "bazooka man" actually get into the pick-up or end up riding in the bed as they scooted out of there...?

Re: how come this truck isn't carrying more ammo... [Re: NonPCfed] #7568270
04/24/22 09:41 AM
04/24/22 09:41 AM
se South Dakota
NonPCfed Offline OP
trapper
NonPCfed  Offline OP
trapper

se South Dakota
As for Dirt's question on who pays the freight on rebuilding from the war, The U.S. has already spent several billion on helping the Ukrainians fight the war and station more troops in Europe, why wouldn't we be pumping billions more in afterwards to rebuild? As of now, anything Ukraine has the attention of almost every person in the DC pit that has the power of the purse. Spending billions means almost nothing to them, they spent several 1000x that "fighting" the 'vid. Nothing will change these people's minds until the house-of-cards funding system of the federal government collapses...

Re: how come this truck isn't carrying more ammo... [Re: NonPCfed] #7568378
04/24/22 12:30 PM
04/24/22 12:30 PM
McGrath, AK
W
white17 Offline

"General (Mr.Sunshine) Washington"
white17  Offline

W

McGrath, AK
Maybe........what appears to be ammo cans is something else ? Maybe it is ammo they already have enough of. Maybe that vehicle had already been salvaged by others. Good chance of booby traps in that mess.

"Ditty mount" ????????

Mean As Nails
Re: how come this truck isn't carrying more ammo... [Re: NonPCfed] #7568403
04/24/22 01:11 PM
04/24/22 01:11 PM
Ky
J
jbyrd63 Offline
trapper
jbyrd63  Offline
trapper
J

Ky
I’m more inclined to say it was a Ukrainian vehicle that got hit and that was a salvage mission The way the press are saying they need everything!! Let someone leave a vehicle beside the road in eastern ky them boys would show them how to “salvage” a vehicle!!

Re: how come this truck isn't carrying more ammo... [Re: white17] #7568410
04/24/22 01:20 PM
04/24/22 01:20 PM
Ky
J
jbyrd63 Offline
trapper
jbyrd63  Offline
trapper
J

Ky
Originally Posted by white17
Maybe........what appears to be ammo cans is something else ? Maybe it is ammo they already have enough of. Maybe that vehicle had already been salvaged by others. Good chance of booby traps in that mess.

"Ditty mount" ????????

I bet it’s ammo for the weapons they removed. He grabbed one off the shelve why not take it all But not there the Russia troops might have been coming

Last edited by jbyrd63; 04/24/22 01:37 PM.
Re: how come this truck isn't carrying more ammo... [Re: NonPCfed] #7568415
04/24/22 01:26 PM
04/24/22 01:26 PM
se South Dakota
NonPCfed Offline OP
trapper
NonPCfed  Offline OP
trapper

se South Dakota
"Ditty mount" ????????

Ok, I Anglicized it too much or the person who uses it commonly with me Anglicized it too much and the "mau" part of the phrase became "mount". The Vietnamese version, so they say is, "di di mau:"

https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/di_di_mau

Re: how come this truck isn't carrying more ammo... [Re: NonPCfed] #7568416
04/24/22 01:31 PM
04/24/22 01:31 PM
McGrath, AK
W
white17 Offline

white17  Offline

W

McGrath, AK
Got it !!

Yes di di mau is the Vietnamese. We usually only used....D D

Mean As Nails
Re: how come this truck isn't carrying more ammo... [Re: NonPCfed] #7568441
04/24/22 02:06 PM
04/24/22 02:06 PM
North East Kansas
Marty Offline
trapper
Marty  Offline
trapper

North East Kansas
Anything could be going on over there or in this instance.. it is very difficult to understand things if you do not have all the information on it.

E
'Honey Badger Militia'
Sleep, the anti woke adote.
Re: how come this truck isn't carrying more ammo... [Re: jbyrd63] #7568509
04/24/22 03:14 PM
04/24/22 03:14 PM
St. Louis Co, Mo
B
BigBob Offline
trapper
BigBob  Offline
trapper
B

St. Louis Co, Mo
Originally Posted by jbyrd63
Why didn’t they take any of the ammo cans from the shelf in side the vehicle. The no blood was easy when they got shot at they bailed out The back truck got hit by mortar or something disabled it But why did Ukrainian stop there pick up so far away Lot harder carrying that crap down the road Any country boy would backed them back to back and tossed the items lol

x2, they didn't have to hump all the goodies, in the time it took they could have empty'd the whole truck into theirs.

Every kid needs a Dog and a Curmudgeon.

Remember Bowe Bergdahl, the traitor.

Beware! Jill Pudlewski, Ron Oates and Keven Begesse are liars and thiefs!
Re: how come this truck isn't carrying more ammo... [Re: NonPCfed] #7568533
04/24/22 03:48 PM
04/24/22 03:48 PM
ontario
G
grampy Offline
trapper
grampy  Offline
trapper
G

ontario
Cameraman spent a lot of "precious " time filming nothing in particular. You would think if there was a rush it would be ALL hands on deck and then get out of there.

Re: how come this truck isn't carrying more ammo... [Re: white17] #7568939
04/25/22 12:41 AM
04/25/22 12:41 AM
Oakland, MS
Drifter Offline
trapper
Drifter  Offline
trapper

Oakland, MS
Originally Posted by white17

"Ditty mount" ????????

Project Eldest Son comes to mind right quick. Especially being that truck doesn't appear damaged beyond use.

Some individuals use statistics as a drunk man uses lamp-posts — for support rather than for illumination.

Andrew Lang (1844-1912) Scottish poet, novelist and literary critic

Life member NTA , and GA Trappers assoc .
Re: how come this truck isn't carrying more ammo... [Re: NonPCfed] #7568946
04/25/22 01:12 AM
04/25/22 01:12 AM
Amite county Mississippi
Wolfdog91 Offline
trapper
Wolfdog91  Offline
trapper

Amite county Mississippi
Very Interesting....I've been hearing ALOT if reports about Russians leaving vehicles after ambushes. Many time the Vic look just like this how ever I must point some things out so first off you can see obvious bullet impacts on the lead Vic. Looks like two on the drives window some on the right hand side. So really looks like a they got hit by an ambush. And there's alot of footage and reports showing Russian troops getting out of vehicles as soon as their disabled,that or they say in and get killed. But here it's obvious the glass and armor did it's work
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Here was can see it's a convoy that got hit not an individual Vic so maybe the lead got disabled and the rest panicked?
[Linked Image]
Now I haven't finished the video but is you look here on the left hand side those are ammo cans . I don't know for what exactly but I think it's with for that PKM they off looked or what I think is that DSHK on the top.
[Linked Image]
I'm actually seeing alot of possible ammo cases and if the average Russian soldier does what most soliders here do then yeah they have alot on the inside of the Vic that would get passed up to the gunner by an assistant as needed. Another thing to look at is possible rules . I know when we did convoys at certain points or certain areas we where told to be on empty for various reasons. Cold be the same deal here ? Or possibly they could have ran black on a prior engagement and where ambushed again before they could be resupplied.
Now what really really makes me wonder is this symbol..... Their is a newer Vic..the weapons are obviously of a ner design so this just isn't a conscript deal. How ever I can find this symbol
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Maybe it's just a sloppy job for the boxed z of crimean troops ?
I'm very very VERY curious if this could be a convoy of Chechens? I know they've been coming in in support of Russia confused
I'll write up some.more when I get home and can watch this again

Last edited by Wolfdog91; 04/25/22 04:58 AM.
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread