No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Diet [Re: coonman220] #7568854
04/24/22 09:33 PM
04/24/22 09:33 PM
western mn
B
bucksnbears Offline
trapper
bucksnbears  Offline
trapper
B

western mn
Quit eating so much!

swampgas chili and schmidt beer makes for a deadly combo

You have to remember that 1 out of 3 Democratic Voters is just as dumb as the other two.
Re: Diet [Re: coonman220] #7568858
04/24/22 09:42 PM
04/24/22 09:42 PM
North East Kansas
Marty Offline
trapper
Marty  Offline
trapper

North East Kansas
I think natural sugars are Ok....blueberries are great to eat when fazing out processed sugars. No sugar added products have just the natural sugars in them. Unsweetened applesauce is another good item...

E
'Honey Badger Militia'
Sleep, the anti woke adote.
Re: Diet [Re: coonman220] #7568885
04/24/22 10:12 PM
04/24/22 10:12 PM
Texas
J
jtg Offline
trapper
jtg  Offline
trapper
J

Texas
Gracie diet. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j2FmX_TR5hQ

I have been on it for years and have not been sick for years.

Re: Diet [Re: yotetrapper30] #7568919
04/24/22 11:25 PM
04/24/22 11:25 PM
M.T.V. Alaska
Y
yukonjeff Offline
trapper
yukonjeff  Offline
trapper
Y

M.T.V. Alaska
Originally Posted by yotetrapper30
Originally Posted by Bob_Iowa
For me personally yes I can tell the difference when I don’t take the Metamucil and or get enough fiber, but there are options for people on a low carb diet, a couple of people I know had trouble with not having enough fiber in their diets and they said it hurt pretty bad to get things moving again.

Lack of fiber from doing a low carb diet put me in the hospital for a week with a tube in my intestine several years back before I realized carbs are not the devil.

Carbs are the devil. And you dont need to burn more calories than you take in. Just quit taking in high carbs and the weigh will melt off without exercise. Counting calories never worked and never will. Just look around at all the failed calorie counters. Carbs hold water in your body in the form of fat. If you stop eating carbs the water weight will be expelled from your body. including the visceral fat inside your body that causes heart attacks. You know the one they blame on salt and cholesterol.

Sorry about your intestinal problems. I would bet its because you didnt eat fat, and green leafy vegies, with your meals and if you eat prepackaged low calorie diet food that would do it too.

Re: Diet [Re: yotetrapper30] #7568922
04/24/22 11:31 PM
04/24/22 11:31 PM
Yukon
Y
yukon254 Offline
trapper
yukon254  Offline
trapper
Y

Yukon
Some of these guys are really making it difficult and painful.

All diets boil down to one thing, and that's to burn more calories than you consume. That's all there is to it.

So use TDEE calculator such as quicktdee.com to figure out how many calories you burn in a day. Then eat less calories than that number. For every 250 calories per day you eat below that number, you will lose half a pound of weight a week. There's absolutely no reason to deprive yourself of your favorite foods to lose weight. I lost 80lbs eating ice cream every evening.

Absolutely correct. Calories matter for weight loss. But if you are fighting a disease or inflammation you need to cut carbs. Dairy and simple carbs are very inflammatory. Cancer cells cant survive without glucose so that says something about anything that turns to glucose....all carbs just about. I've known some real thin guys get diabetes that killed them. A zero carb or even very low carb high fat diet could have turned that around for them.

do unto others as you would have them do unto you

www.grizzlycreeklodge.com
Re: Diet [Re: coonman220] #7568925
04/24/22 11:49 PM
04/24/22 11:49 PM
AK
F
FairbanksLS Offline
trapper
FairbanksLS  Offline
trapper
F

AK
Push away from the table.

formerly posting as white dog
Re: Diet [Re: coonman220] #7568944
04/25/22 01:03 AM
04/25/22 01:03 AM
Oakland, MS
yotetrapper30 Offline
trapper
yotetrapper30  Offline
trapper

Oakland, MS
Originally Posted by yukonjeff

Lack of fiber from doing a low carb diet put me in the hospital for a week with a tube in my intestine several years back before I realized carbs are not the devil.

Carbs are the devil. And you dont need to burn more calories than you take in.

Can you provide any solid evidence of that claim? Because that's just not how it works. If the amount of calories to maintain your current weight is, say, 2000 and you eat 3000 calories a day of steak, cheese, eggs and nothing else...you WILL gain weight.

Originally Posted by yukon254
Some of these guys are really making it difficult and painful.

All diets boil down to one thing, and that's to burn more calories than you consume. That's all there is to it.

So use TDEE calculator such as quicktdee.com to figure out how many calories you burn in a day. Then eat less calories than that number. For every 250 calories per day you eat below that number, you will lose half a pound of weight a week. There's absolutely no reason to deprive yourself of your favorite foods to lose weight. I lost 80lbs eating ice cream every evening.

Absolutely correct. Calories matter for weight loss. But if you are fighting a disease or inflammation you need to cut carbs. Dairy and simple carbs are very inflammatory. Cancer cells cant survive without glucose so that says something about anything that turns to glucose....all carbs just about. I've known some real thin guys get diabetes that killed them. A zero carb or even very low carb high fat diet could have turned that around for them.

Oh low carb diets are absolutely essential for certain medical issues, no doubt about that. I thought we were talking about weight loss.

~~Proud Ultra MAGA~~
Re: Diet [Re: coonman220] #7568956
04/25/22 04:13 AM
04/25/22 04:13 AM
M.T.V. Alaska
Y
yukonjeff Offline
trapper
yukonjeff  Offline
trapper
Y

M.T.V. Alaska
Fat is mostly water. Lose the water, lose weight. The carbs hold the water. I did it myself. I gave up most carbs and sugar and ate all the fat and cream cheese pie I wanted, in fact I eat that every day. I lost 20 lbs eating until I was stuffed every meal, Mosty protein and vegie salad twice a day. I skip breakfast.

I do exercise but I have for years, and didn't lose the weight like that until I gave up rice ,potatoes, noodles and bread, and then quickly lost 20 lbs

My goal was not weight lose, it was blood sugar issues. But thats how I know it works for weight lose too.

You should watch this guy. He explains it pretty good.Read the comments as well that's where the true gold is.

Re: Diet [Re: coonman220] #7568960
04/25/22 04:48 AM
04/25/22 04:48 AM
Northern lower Michigan
Feedinggrounds Offline
trapper
Feedinggrounds  Offline
trapper

Northern lower Michigan
You all remember this is a coonman thread, right?......Here's what you do Coonman, first get you a young energetic "baby momma", Then stop the driver's window on your truck from working. Smash the button or remove the crank handle. Those two things will have you fit and trim, in no time!!! Young gal will keep you active, child support keeps you working hard and broken window on the truck ends all Drive Throughs!!!

you're only allowed so many sunrises... I aim to see every one of them!
Re: Diet [Re: coonman220] #7569054
04/25/22 09:50 AM
04/25/22 09:50 AM
New Hampshire
N
Nessmuck Offline
trapper
Nessmuck  Offline
trapper
N

New Hampshire
You can eat all the right stuff…and excercise…..but your still Gonnah die. So why be miserable…… lol

It is better to die on your feet than to live on your knees.
Re: Diet [Re: yukonjeff] #7569057
04/25/22 09:52 AM
04/25/22 09:52 AM
Yukon
Y
yukon254 Offline
trapper
yukon254  Offline
trapper
Y

Yukon
Fat is mostly water. Lose the water, lose weight. The carbs hold the water. I did it myself. I gave up most carbs and sugar and ate all the fat and cream cheese pie I wanted, in fact I eat that every day. I lost 20 lbs eating until I was stuffed every meal, Mosty protein and vegie salad twice a day. I skip breakfast.

I do exercise but I have for years, and didn't lose the weight like that until I gave up rice ,potatoes, noodles and bread, and then quickly lost 20 lbs

My goal was not weight lose, it was blood sugar issues. But thats how I know it works for weight lose too.

You should watch this guy. He explains it pretty good.Read the comments as well that's where the true gold is.

I watch Berry as well. There are lots of other doctors who are preaching this now. In 10-years it will be mainstream. I've read a lot of scientific papers on zero carb over the last couple years and the evidence is overwhelming. The doctors at Paleomedicina have been using zero carb for about 15 years on real people. They have a mass of evidence on it. Plant lectins are another evil, but thats a tough one for some to believe because we have always been told to eat them. We check our glucose and ketone levels regularly. The goal is to stay in a low level of ketosis year round. I will go out of ketosis a lot faster than my wife. She can eat 50 carbs a day and stay in a high level of ketosis. I cant go over 20. Science strongly points to the fact that 99% of chronic disease stems from metabolic disease so we look at it as preventive therapy.

do unto others as you would have them do unto you

www.grizzlycreeklodge.com
Re: Diet [Re: coonman220] #7569060
04/25/22 09:56 AM
04/25/22 09:56 AM
NC
B
bowhunter27295 Offline
trapper
bowhunter27295  Offline
trapper
B

NC
Walk 1-1.5 miles in the morning on an empty stomach.

Drink lots of water. Black coffee and unsweet tea only.

You know what you should and shouldn't be eating. You know how much you should and shouldn't be eating.

No one need to tell you this. Go do what you know you should be doing.

Don't go cold turkey into any change in eating lifestyle. Wean your way into it. Drastic changes foster drastic failures. I am doing one now and kind of enjoy it. I eat a lot but it is spread out over 15 hours.

Less carbs. Less fat. More protein. Work you way into it. You didn't get fat in one week. You won't get skinny that fast either.

How many lies will people believe before they realize their own idiocy?
Re: Diet [Re: coonman220] #7569062
04/25/22 09:59 AM
04/25/22 09:59 AM
central IA
B
bodycount Offline
trapper
bodycount  Offline
trapper
B

central IA
Drinking plenty of water is very important. You will go number two easier and your hemorrhoids will shrink. Your leaky toilet will get more use though. Also if you suffer from a testicular rupture you will strain less at the stool.

Last edited by bodycount; 04/25/22 10:58 AM.
Re: Diet [Re: coonman220] #7569179
04/25/22 12:46 PM
04/25/22 12:46 PM
Wisconsin
G
Guss Offline
trapper
Guss  Offline
trapper
G

Wisconsin
Drink green tea and eat your vegies

Re: Diet [Re: coonman220] #7569197
04/25/22 01:08 PM
04/25/22 01:08 PM
kentucky
C
curtisd Offline
trapper
curtisd  Offline
trapper
C

kentucky
I drink beer. no hard stuff. just beer. Prolly drink a 24 pack per week.
I never have had a sweet tooth. Prolly dont eat a handful of candy, cake or ice cream in a year.

Last year i wanted to lose some weight .All I did was cut out bread and potatoes for I think it was 6 weeks.
When i started I was at 245. When i was done I was at 218.

Re: Diet [Re: yukon254] #7569235
04/25/22 02:00 PM
04/25/22 02:00 PM
NC
B
bowhunter27295 Offline
trapper
bowhunter27295  Offline
trapper
B

NC
Originally Posted by yukon254

I watch Berry as well. There are lots of other doctors who are preaching this now. In 10-years it will be mainstream. I've read a lot of scientific papers on zero carb over the last couple years and the evidence is overwhelming. The doctors at Paleomedicina have been using zero carb for about 15 years on real people. They have a mass of evidence on it. Plant lectins are another evil, but thats a tough one for some to believe because we have always been told to eat them. We check our glucose and ketone levels regularly. The goal is to stay in a low level of ketosis year round. I will go out of ketosis a lot faster than my wife. She can eat 50 carbs a day and stay in a high level of ketosis. I cant go over 20. Science strongly points to the fact that 99% of chronic disease stems from metabolic disease so we look at it as preventive therapy.

And yet there are still doctors who talk of the the evils of salt.

How many lies will people believe before they realize their own idiocy?
Re: Diet [Re: coonman220] #7569265
04/25/22 02:39 PM
04/25/22 02:39 PM
Wy
G
Giant Sage Offline
trapper
Giant Sage  Offline
trapper
G

Wy
Only eat what you kill and raise you'll loose weight and get healthier Iowa has lots of forage learn your wild edibles .that should help.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread