No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Kingdom Race Theory - Dr. Tony Evans #7570474
04/26/22 08:32 PM
04/26/22 08:32 PM

M
Mark June OP
Unregistered
Mark June OP
Unregistered
M

Dr. Tony Evans, a renowned preacher and expositor of Holy Scripture, who is an alumnus of DTS, gave the message during our final chapel of the semester. It is a bold and compelling challenge to the Christian church, and rightly so, regarding what Dr. Evans calls Kingdom Race Theory.
Dr. Evans couldn't be more correct.
Those of us graduating are aware of the huge adversity to KRT - in our culture and in our churches - but God's truth is always opposed by those who profit from false teachings.
We will not be moved by them.

Enjoy!
https://voice.dts.edu/chapel/kingdom-race-theory-dr-tony-evans/

Blessings,
Mark

Re: Kingdom Race Theory - Dr. Tony Evans [Re: ] #7570503
04/26/22 08:57 PM
04/26/22 08:57 PM
The Hill Country of Texas
Leftlane Offline
"HOSS"
Leftlane  Offline
"HOSS"

Dr. Evans is a great speaker!

“What’s good for me may not be good for the weak minded.”
Captain Gus McCrae- Texas Rangers

Re: Kingdom Race Theory - Dr. Tony Evans [Re: ] #7570507
04/26/22 08:59 PM
04/26/22 08:59 PM

M
Mark June OP
Unregistered
Mark June OP
Unregistered
M

There are many LL, who consider him top 5 worldwide. I can't argue that at all.

Re: Kingdom Race Theory - Dr. Tony Evans [Re: ] #7570571
04/26/22 10:11 PM
04/26/22 10:11 PM

J
J Staton OP
Unregistered
J Staton OP
Unregistered
J

Enjoyed that sermon. Thanks for sharing.

Re: Kingdom Race Theory - Dr. Tony Evans [Re: ] #7570716
04/27/22 06:40 AM
04/27/22 06:40 AM
Va
B
bandy Offline
trapper
bandy  Offline
trapper
B

Va
He was on the James Dobson show on CSN international a few weeks ago he is a great speaker of truth.

No matter where you go there you are.
Re: Kingdom Race Theory - Dr. Tony Evans [Re: ] #7570784
04/27/22 08:15 AM
04/27/22 08:15 AM
central arkansas
T
the Blak Spot Offline
trapper
the Blak Spot  Offline
trapper
T

central arkansas
He has some good books also

the just shall live by faith

member FTA, ATA, EAFT
1776 - the year we told a tyrant we weren't to be under a dictator
Caveat ater macula
Re: Kingdom Race Theory - Dr. Tony Evans [Re: ] #7571258
04/27/22 07:38 PM
04/27/22 07:38 PM
Central Texas
C
Chancey Offline
trapper
Chancey  Offline
trapper
C

Central Texas
Originally Posted by Mark June
Dr. Tony Evans, a renowned preacher and expositor of Holy Scripture, who is an alumnus of DTS, gave the message during our final chapel of the semester. It is a bold and compelling challenge to the Christian church, and rightly so, regarding what Dr. Evans calls Kingdom Race Theory.
Dr. Evans couldn't be more correct.
Those of us graduating are aware of the huge adversity to KRT - in our culture and in our churches - but God's truth is always opposed by those who profit from false teachings.
We will not be moved by them.

Enjoy!
https://voice.dts.edu/chapel/kingdom-race-theory-dr-tony-evans/

Blessings,
Mark

That was absolutely excellent and 100% God Breathed through the Holy Spirit! Thanks for sharing Mark! Chancey

Resident Conspiracy Theorist
Accused Moron, Nazi, Low IQ, and Putin Fan Boy
Re: Kingdom Race Theory - Dr. Tony Evans [Re: ] #7571285
04/27/22 08:13 PM
04/27/22 08:13 PM
Coldspring Texas
Savell Offline
"Wilbur"
Savell  Offline
"Wilbur"

Coldspring Texas
Dang... Richard Pryor has really changed his stand up routine

Insert profound nonsense here
Re: Kingdom Race Theory - Dr. Tony Evans [Re: ] #7571299
04/27/22 08:20 PM
04/27/22 08:20 PM
Alaska and Washington State
W
waggler Online content
trapper
waggler  Online Content
trapper
W

^^^^^
I always knew that Tony Evans reminded me of someone; now I know who.

On another note; Mark J., I haven't clicked on that link yet, but I sure hope that T.E. isn't an adherent to "Kingdom Now theology", or "Dominion Theology".

It is rapidly creeping into evangelical Christianity.

You haven't swallowed that bait have you?

"My life is better than your vacation"
Re: Kingdom Race Theory - Dr. Tony Evans [Re: ] #7571306
04/27/22 08:28 PM
04/27/22 08:28 PM
East Texas
B
BTLowry Offline
trapper
BTLowry  Offline
trapper
B

East Texas
Great message

Re: Kingdom Race Theory - Dr. Tony Evans [Re: ] #7571307
04/27/22 08:29 PM
04/27/22 08:29 PM
Central Texas
C
Chancey Offline
trapper
Chancey  Offline
trapper
C

Central Texas
Condemnation before investigation. The great barrier to Truth.

Re: Kingdom Race Theory - Dr. Tony Evans [Re: ] #7571337
04/27/22 09:08 PM
04/27/22 09:08 PM
W
waggler Online content
trapper
waggler  Online Content
trapper
W

Okay, so I just watched the video. I'm a little confused by what he is saying; "we Christians have a lot of work to do". That concerns me a bit. Kingdom Now theology teaches that it will be us Christians who by our working within the church, society, and politics will gradually usher in the kingdom of God on earth.

This is leading many churches to get behind wokism; "let's just all get along", let's sweet talk the sinner into belief, etc..

I sort of think that T.E. might be making a problem where there isn't a problem. I believe there are different flavors of churches just like there are different flavors of ice cream. As long as a church teaches the good news of Jesus Christ it doesn't really matter what their style is. There are some churches I'm just not comfortable in; they teach the right thing, but their style isn't mine.

I go to a rather small church (just under 100). There are six different "first languages" spoken in my church; listed in order, Russian, Ukrainian, Spanish, English, Romanian, and Polish.

Many people would not be comfortable with this, I am. If you aren't that is just fine. I'm not really sure what T.E. suggests we do? I like variety.

Re: Kingdom Race Theory - Dr. Tony Evans [Re: waggler] #7571344
04/27/22 09:11 PM
04/27/22 09:11 PM

M
Mark June OP
Unregistered
Mark June OP
Unregistered
M

Originally Posted by waggler
^^^^^
I always knew that Tony Evans reminded me of someone; now I know who.

On another note; Mark J., I haven't clicked on that link yet, but I sure hope that T.E. isn't an adherent to "Kingdom Now theology", or "Dominion Theology".

It is rapidly creeping into evangelical Christianity.

You haven't swallowed that bait have you?

Waggler,
We are not interested in anything divisive. If you listen to Dr. Evans, you'll see what this seminary stands upon. FIRMLY!
I'm a trapper. Who doesn't even use tainted bait let alone rancid meat for the public clicks.

Blessings!
Mark

Re: Kingdom Race Theory - Dr. Tony Evans [Re: waggler] #7571346
04/27/22 09:13 PM
04/27/22 09:13 PM

M
Mark June OP
Unregistered
Mark June OP
Unregistered
M

Okay, so I just watched the video. I'm a little confused by what he is saying; "we Christians have a lot of work to do". That concerns me a bit. Kingdom Now theology teaches that it will be us Christians who by our working within the church, society, and politics will gradually usher in the kingdom of God on earth.

This is leading many churches to get behind wokism; "let's just all get along", let's sweet talk the sinner into belief, etc..

I sort of think that T.E. might be making a problem where there isn't a problem. I believe there are different flavors of churches just like there are different flavors of ice cream. As long as a church teaches the good news of Jesus Christ it doesn't really matter what their style is. There are some churches I'm just not comfortable in; they teach the right thing, but their style isn't mine.

I go to a rather small church (just under 100). There are six different "first languages" spoken in my church; listed in order, Russian, Ukrainian, Spanish, English, Romanian, and Polish.

Many people would not be comfortable with this, I am. If you aren't that is just fine. I'm not really sure what T.E. suggests we do? I like variety.

I think Dr. Evans is on the same page as you. We are all of the Kingdom of God.
All made in His Image.

Re: Kingdom Race Theory - Dr. Tony Evans [Re: Savell] #7571351
04/27/22 09:14 PM
04/27/22 09:14 PM
Leftlane Offline
"HOSS"
Leftlane  Offline
"HOSS"

Originally Posted by Savell
Dang... Richard Pryor has really changed his stand up routine

That's a good one IDC who you are! whistle

“What’s good for me may not be good for the weak minded.”
Captain Gus McCrae- Texas Rangers

Re: Kingdom Race Theory - Dr. Tony Evans [Re: ] #7571421
04/27/22 09:59 PM
04/27/22 09:59 PM
W
waggler Online content
trapper
waggler  Online Content
trapper
W

Mark J, I truly hope you are right about T.E.. I've listened to him for years. I've just been a little disappointed recently by some guys who I thought were pretty sound in their doctrine who have gove off the rails.

I have a cousin who is senior pastor a a southern California megachurch. About six months ago I called him to see if perhaps he had fallen into that teaching.

When I asked what he thought about Kingdom Now theology, his reply was; "how does that concept seem to be working out?" (the concept that the world will become a better and better place). I was relieved to hear his answer.

Re: Kingdom Race Theory - Dr. Tony Evans [Re: waggler] #7571436
04/27/22 10:10 PM
04/27/22 10:10 PM
Central Texas
C
Chancey Offline
trapper
Chancey  Offline
trapper
C

Central Texas

I did not get that take on Dr. Evans' sermon at all. However, if some did, I can see why the Church is so divided in this country and having trouble to fill the pews.
IMO he spoke the Truth. Didn't have anything to do with wokism.

Re: Kingdom Race Theory - Dr. Tony Evans [Re: ] #7571450
04/27/22 10:30 PM
04/27/22 10:30 PM
minnesota
M
mnsota Offline
trapper
mnsota  Offline
trapper
M

minnesota
probably wisdom?,...the church has falter-red..their interpretations and corresponding explanation lack. validity ,..the church has left most parishioners in limbo

Re: Kingdom Race Theory - Dr. Tony Evans [Re: ] #7571463
04/27/22 10:41 PM
04/27/22 10:41 PM
W
waggler Online content
trapper
waggler  Online Content
trapper
W

Chancey, I heard just a couple of key phases that might reveal a particular agenda that I think is off base. But then on the other hand maybe not. There is a lot of false teaching getting into the church, I'm not accusing T.E. of false teaching, but we absolutely have to weigh everything in this day we live in. It doesn't really matter how popular or well known the preacher is; we can all be susceptible to getting off the track.

Re: Kingdom Race Theory - Dr. Tony Evans [Re: ] #7571468
04/27/22 10:49 PM
04/27/22 10:49 PM
Coldspring Texas
Savell Offline
"Wilbur"
Savell  Offline
"Wilbur"

Coldspring Texas
... he’s aged well for sure..

Insert profound nonsense here