No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Healthcare for our vets going to illegals #7572425
04/29/22 06:52 AM
04/29/22 06:52 AM
Fredonia, PA.
Finster Offline OP
trapper
Finster  Offline OP
trapper

Fredonia, PA.
Biden’s DHS Confirms Plans to Siphon Healthcare Services Away from Veterans to Illegal Aliens at Border

President Joe Biden’s Department of Homeland Security (DHS) has seemingly confirmed plans to siphon healthcare services away from American veterans treated at Veterans Affairs (VA) to illegal aliens arriving at the United States-Mexico border.

During a hearing before the House Homeland Security Committee on Wednesday, DHS Secretary Alejandro Mayorkas confirmed to Rep. Ashley Hinson (R-IA) that the Biden administration is in talks with VA officials to potentially transfer doctors and nurses to the southern border to treat illegal aliens arriving every day in record-breaking numbers.

“Is the department planning to reallocate resources, doctors and nurses, from our VA system intended to care for our veterans to illegal immigrants at our southern border?” Hinson asked.

Mayorkas responded, stating that “the resources that the medical personnel from the Veterans Administration would allocate to this effort is under the judgment of the secretary of Veterans Affairs, who prioritizes the interests of veterans above all others for very noble and correct.”

When Hinson asked if Mayorkas had any conversations about the plan, he responded, “I have not personally, but of course, our teams, our personnel have. and I’d be very pleased to follow up with you.”

The remarks come as Sen. Josh Hawley (R-MO) had sought clarification on reports that the Biden administration was looking to siphon doctors and nurses away from the VA toward illegal aliens at the border.

“In the words of one [Customs and Border Protection] official, ‘We’re going to take medical services away from people that really deserve that, who went to combat … to give free medical attention to illegal migrants,'” Hawley wrote in a letter to Mayorkas.

Already, Americans are forced to subsidize medical care for illegal aliens to the tune of $18.5 billion annually. Last year alone, Americans footed the bill for more than $316 million in medical care for border crossers and illegal aliens who were detained in Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) custody.

Source: https://www.breitbart.com/politics/...om-veterans-to-illegal-aliens-at-border/

I BELIEVE IN MY GOD, MY COUNTRY AND IN MYSELF.
Re: Healthcare for our vets going to illegals [Re: Finster] #7572467
04/29/22 07:43 AM
04/29/22 07:43 AM
carolina, Alabama
The Possum Man Offline
trapper
The Possum Man  Offline
trapper

carolina, Alabama
If i tried to get an appt today with the va it would be at least 4 months before i had a chance to see anyone. I would have to drive an hour and a half just to get to this place. Also you can go to their ER to be seen if you have like 16 hours to kill. I dont even try anymore. I go see my regular doc. I have some meds that are given to me through the VA. I am gonna take the bottle to my regular doc and just get him to prescribe them to me because it takes a literal 15 min to sit through ALL the BS prerecorded covid warnings on the govt lines before you have the option to press a button to continue to the next step. It stresses me out to have to refill a dang med. Unnecessary. So much unnecessary junk.

The wait times for appts were all pre covid. I havent even dared to try since that started. I bet its impossible. I know they used to try to keep me a yearly checkup appt but the last 3 times they scheduled it they also canceled and rescheduled until that even stopped. They just give up.

Its an overwhelmed and mostly broken system. I cant see how they are gonna get anything accomplished at the border either. probably just drag that out for years and years too.

Last edited by The Possum Man; 04/29/22 07:46 AM.

"If you're gonna be stupid you better be tough"
Re: Healthcare for our vets going to illegals [Re: Finster] #7572470
04/29/22 07:54 AM
04/29/22 07:54 AM
williamsburg ks
D
danny clifton Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
danny clifton  Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
D

williamsburg ks
I got pneumonia on a trapping trap a few years ago. Came home. Took an extra day. I sl pt at amotel for 18 hours. Showed up at the VA hospital in Topeka. I was making gurgling sounds when I exhaled. I went to the desk where I check In for appointments. Told the girl at the computer station I was sick. She asked what was wrong. I exhaled hard then asked if she could hear that. Said I cant breathe to good. Within 15 minutes a Dr was taking care of me.

Those who would give up essential liberty, to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)
Re: Healthcare for our vets going to illegals [Re: Finster] #7572472
04/29/22 07:56 AM
04/29/22 07:56 AM
williamsburg ks
D
danny clifton Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
danny clifton  Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
D

williamsburg ks
Broke my ankle and my leg a few months ago. Went to the ER in Topeka VA. Was there awhile. Set me up with care 15 miles from my house with a civilian orthopedic surgeon. I been working all week.

Last edited by danny clifton; 04/29/22 07:58 AM.

Those who would give up essential liberty, to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)
Re: Healthcare for our vets going to illegals [Re: Finster] #7572474
04/29/22 08:02 AM
04/29/22 08:02 AM
williamsburg ks
D
danny clifton Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
danny clifton  Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
D

williamsburg ks
PS. I am not happy about providing care to illegals when seniors in this country often cant pay for their meds.

Re: Healthcare for our vets going to illegals [Re: Finster] #7572581
04/29/22 11:03 AM
04/29/22 11:03 AM
central Missouri
B
Bigfoot Offline
trapper
Bigfoot  Offline
trapper
B

central Missouri
Just one more thing Biden is going to build back better mad

Re: Healthcare for our vets going to illegals [Re: Finster] #7572595
04/29/22 11:23 AM
04/29/22 11:23 AM
Yukon
Y
yukon254 Offline
trapper
yukon254  Offline
trapper
Y

Yukon
Elections have consequences. I have a few aunts and cousins who have worked in health care for many years in California. They say the illegals have broken the system there. One of my trapping clients this past winter youngest daughter is a doctor. She got a job with the state of California. They pay her almost half a million a year, and she only sees illegal immigrants. Hope the folks who keep voting for these communists are happy, because they are the reason this nonsense continues. Time to stop blaming the politicians. Blame the people responsible.

do unto others as you would have them do unto you

www.grizzlycreeklodge.com
Re: Healthcare for our vets going to illegals [Re: The Possum Man] #7572611
04/29/22 12:08 PM
04/29/22 12:08 PM
Armpit, ak
D
Dirt Offline
trapper
Dirt  Offline
trapper
D

Armpit, ak
Originally Posted by The Possum Man
If i tried to get an appt today with the va it would be at least 4 months before i had a chance to see anyone. I would have to drive an hour and a half just to get to this place. Also you can go to their ER to be seen if you have like 16 hours to kill. I dont even try anymore. I go see my regular doc. I have some meds that are given to me through the VA. I am gonna take the bottle to my regular doc and just get him to prescribe them to me because it takes a literal 15 min to sit through ALL the BS prerecorded covid warnings on the govt lines before you have the option to press a button to continue to the next step. It stresses me out to have to refill a dang med. Unnecessary. So much unnecessary junk.

The wait times for appts were all pre covid. I havent even dared to try since that started. I bet its impossible. I know they used to try to keep me a yearly checkup appt but the last 3 times they scheduled it they also canceled and rescheduled until that even stopped. They just give up.

Its an overwhelmed and mostly broken system. I cant see how they are gonna get anything accomplished at the border either. probably just drag that out for years and years too.

Hard to keep up with demand for free stuff. Even I seem to qualify now under priority group 8. Not free, but awful cheap. If I remember right, I couldn't use the VA unless I was flat arse broke back in the 80's.

P.S. I didn't make the Law of Supply and Demand, so don't get mad at me.

Who is John Galt?
Re: Healthcare for our vets going to illegals [Re: Finster] #7572674
04/29/22 01:31 PM
04/29/22 01:31 PM
North East Kansas
Marty Offline
trapper
Marty  Offline
trapper

North East Kansas
Well, when you give the illegals medical care or money or housing or food stamps or anything else....they call back home and encourage more of their family/friends to come here....the current administrations plan is to let in tens of millions...

E
'Honey Badger Militia'
Sleep, the anti woke adote.
Re: Healthcare for our vets going to illegals [Re: yukon254] #7572703
04/29/22 02:28 PM
04/29/22 02:28 PM
Indiana
P
Providence Farm Offline
trapper
Providence Farm  Offline
trapper
P

Indiana
Originally Posted by yukon254
Elections have consequences. I have a few aunts and cousins who have worked in health care for many years in California. They say the illegals have broken the system there. One of my trapping clients this past winter youngest daughter is a doctor. She got a job with the state of California. They pay her almost half a million a year, and she only sees illegal immigrants. Hope the folks who keep voting for these communists are happy, because they are the reason this nonsense continues. Time to stop blaming the politicians. Blame the people responsible.

Do you believe Biden got 81 million votes? If so I have nothing more to add. If you question the results how do you think voting will fix it?

Re: Healthcare for our vets going to illegals [Re: The Possum Man] #7572711
04/29/22 02:47 PM
04/29/22 02:47 PM
McGrath, AK
W
white17 Offline

"General (Mr.Sunshine) Washington"
white17  Offline

W

McGrath, AK
Originally Posted by The Possum Man

Earlier in the week I started making arrangements to see three docs in Anchorage through the VA. July is the soonest I can get in and the paperwork is ridiculous. The paperwork is where the delays take place

I refill all my meds online through the VA website. Works fine......surprisingly. You might want to look into that

VA

Mean As Nails
Re: Healthcare for our vets going to illegals [Re: Finster] #7572712
04/29/22 02:48 PM
04/29/22 02:48 PM
Montana ,Rocky Mtns.
Sharon Online content
"American Honey"
Sharon  Online Content
"American Honey"

Montana ,Rocky Mtns.
This whole thing makes me so angry I am getting mean as nails over it ...our veterans deserve the best over illegal aliens who are sucking off our money, any day.

Re: Healthcare for our vets going to illegals [Re: Finster] #7572717
04/29/22 02:55 PM
04/29/22 02:55 PM
Oakland, MS
Drifter Offline
trapper
Drifter  Offline
trapper

Oakland, MS
White the last 4 appointments I was scheduled for were reduced to phone calls. Now I have to call monthly to get my meds. I just was notified by mail I'm scheduled for an appointment with audiology. We will see if it gets reduced to a phone call.

They have been stripping veterans funds since slick willy was in there to the tune of BILLION.

Some individuals use statistics as a drunk man uses lamp-posts — for support rather than for illumination.

Andrew Lang (1844-1912) Scottish poet, novelist and literary critic

Life member NTA , and GA Trappers assoc .
Re: Healthcare for our vets going to illegals [Re: Finster] #7572719
04/29/22 02:58 PM
04/29/22 02:58 PM
North East Kansas
Marty Offline
trapper
Marty  Offline
trapper

North East Kansas
The global plan is to replace white culture, swedens pm just admitted that the integration of the millions of muslims (now 1/5 of their total population and most are on welfare/govt housing) into her country has failed. They are another/different society which will eventually take over..

In france macron just won re-election with a 30% popularity rating. My understanding is that it was all handwritten paper ballots. Maybe the muzzies do not participate in polls and all vote for macron/free stuff vs a right wing candidate.

E
'Honey Badger Militia'
Sleep, the anti woke adote.
Re: Healthcare for our vets going to illegals [Re: Drifter] #7572727
04/29/22 03:15 PM
04/29/22 03:15 PM
McGrath, AK
W
white17 Offline

white17  Offline

W

McGrath, AK
Originally Posted by Drifter
White the last 4 appointments I was scheduled for were reduced to phone calls. Now I have to call monthly to get my meds. I just was notified by mail I'm scheduled for an appointment with audiology. We will see if it gets reduced to a phone call.

They have been stripping veterans funds since slick willy was in there to the tune of BILLION.

Maybe you need to tell them you can't hear when they call laugh

I have had no issues with the online refills of my meds. They come through the mail.

My PA here can update the quantities in the VA system. Works pretty well. Check out that link I posted above

https://www.myhealth.va.gov/mhv-portal-web/user-login?redirect=/mhv-portal-web/home

Mean As Nails
Re: Healthcare for our vets going to illegals [Re: Finster] #7572735
04/29/22 03:26 PM
04/29/22 03:26 PM
Oakland, MS
Drifter Offline
trapper
Drifter  Offline
trapper

Oakland, MS
I had been getting my meds online like you. The catch is you need to have blood work done to renew the scripts. Hard to get that done online. I have the wife listen to them LOL This new caption phone sucks as there is a long wait on them to type what is being said and many times they ignore if they get behind.

Last edited by Drifter; 04/29/22 03:28 PM. Reason: Added to it

Some individuals use statistics as a drunk man uses lamp-posts — for support rather than for illumination.

Andrew Lang (1844-1912) Scottish poet, novelist and literary critic

Life member NTA , and GA Trappers assoc .
Re: Healthcare for our vets going to illegals [Re: Finster] #7572738
04/29/22 03:31 PM
04/29/22 03:31 PM
McGrath, AK
W
white17 Offline

white17  Offline

W

McGrath, AK
I was talking to the gal at VA Integrated Care on Monday. She said she wants to do a Telehealth session with me and I told her I wasn't interested in that I just wanted to see the doctor. She said I needed a prostate exam before seeing the doc. I asked if she was planning to do that over the phone or internet . !! laugh

That cooled her jets !

Mean As Nails
Re: Healthcare for our vets going to illegals [Re: Finster] #7572813
04/29/22 04:53 PM
04/29/22 04:53 PM
Ky
J
jbyrd63 Offline
trapper
jbyrd63  Offline
trapper
J

Ky
I got peod just reading the title. ! Next thing you know (if not already ) they will be housing them in empty military barracks. When Obummer cut the military tens of thousand housing units set empty on every base. Ft knox here in Ky got cut 30,000 personnel . The feds remodeled all the unit 6 years ago even the ones that had been empty. You drive past them and the look like brand new apartment complexes. If one of BoBo 's handelers think about it they will do it....

Re: Healthcare for our vets going to illegals [Re: Finster] #7572841
04/29/22 05:29 PM
04/29/22 05:29 PM
williamsburg ks
D
danny clifton Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
danny clifton  Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
D

williamsburg ks
My wife calls in my refills. I go in every 6 mos to see the dr and get a blood test. I usually can get all my appointments on the same day. Last time I went I had the regular checkup/blood test, did a lung assessment test and got an eye exam/new glasses.

Re: Healthcare for our vets going to illegals [Re: Finster] #7572844
04/29/22 05:33 PM
04/29/22 05:33 PM
williamsburg ks
D
danny clifton Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
danny clifton  Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
D

williamsburg ks
This open border thing is not going to end. I seriously doubt a republican president is going to shut it down. Border is to big and to remote over big swatchs of it. Shutting it down will not be cheap or popular. if another politician tries it there will immediately be all the sob story media again poor Manuel Juanita and their kids.

Page 1 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread