No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Re: Need to buy a house Wait until September [Re: Savell] #7573476
04/30/22 12:22 PM
04/30/22 12:22 PM
MINN
H
HILLTOP TRAPPER Offline
trapper
HILLTOP TRAPPER  Offline
trapper
H

MINN
Originally Posted by Savell
Originally Posted by trapdog1
Good God, Savell. That's just wrong.

I know ... pellet smokers are wrong on many levels

things that have been seen cannot be un seen,thanks a whole lot savell

U GOTTA DO WHAT U GOTTA DO CAUSE IT IS WHAT IT IS....AINT NOTHIN WRONG WITH QUIET
Re: Need to buy a house Wait until September [Re: Dirt] #7573480
04/30/22 12:33 PM
04/30/22 12:33 PM
Wi.
D
Diggerman Offline
trapper
Diggerman  Offline
trapper
D

Wi.
Originally Posted by Dirt
As far as the poor saps in 2008.

"10.Why people were taking loans?
In those times, even those people who had no source of income were getting loans to buy home. These people had near zero capability to payback the mortgage, but they still took the loan. Why?

Their logic was, as the price of homes were only going up, they can use it to their advantage. Example: Take a $100,000 loan, and buy a home. After few months sell the home for $102,000. Use the sale proceeds to pay back the loan, and pocket the balance as profit.

People were taking mortgages to do trading of real estate properties. To help such borrowers, banks offered incentives. The loans had lower monthly payments for the first few months.

11. Bursting of the housing bubble
A stage was reached in the US housing market where the borrowers started defaulting on their loans. Why the default? Because it was inevitable. How?

The cause was subprime mortgages. The loans were issued to people who had little capability to payback the loan. Hence, they eventually could not afford the ‘monthly payments’ – and their property went for foreclosure.

At a point in 2007-2008, there were more houses on sale than there were buyers for it. This triggered a steady price fall. The housing bubble bursted."

I know you are simplifying this, BUT, along with the house comes ; 1.interest 2.Taxes 3.upkeep 4.realator fees. You will need atleast 10% gain to break even.

Re: Need to buy a house Wait until September [Re: Diggerman] #7573543
04/30/22 02:06 PM
04/30/22 02:06 PM
East-Central Wisconsin
B
bblwi Offline
trapper
bblwi  Offline
trapper
B

East-Central Wisconsin
Many talk about not borrowing money, but if a lot of these people buying homes for 10-20% over asking prices are using cash to secure a lot of the purchase of those homes they have potentially a lot more to lose then those borrowing more of their funds. Bankruptcies under current laws are much cheaper and not as limiting as in the past and you did not lose hard earned cash either if the whole thing goes south.

Bryce

Re: Need to buy a house Wait until September [Re: jbyrd63] #7573571
04/30/22 02:50 PM
04/30/22 02:50 PM
Armpit, ak
D
Dirt Offline
trapper
Dirt  Offline
trapper
D

Armpit, ak
"What Is a No Down Payment Mortgage?
Zero-down or no-money-down mortgages were readily available prior to the subprime mortgage meltdown of 2008, when home values were rapidly rising and credit guidelines were more lax."

Who is John Galt?
Re: Need to buy a house Wait until September [Re: jbyrd63] #7573595
04/30/22 03:09 PM
04/30/22 03:09 PM
McGrath, AK
W
white17 Online content

"General (Mr.Sunshine) Washington"
white17  Online Content

"General (Mr.Sunshine) Washington"
W

McGrath, AK
Don't forget the "interest only" loans.

Mean As Nails
Re: Need to buy a house Wait until September [Re: danvee] #7573597
04/30/22 03:10 PM
04/30/22 03:10 PM
Minnesota
330-Trapper Offline

trapper
330-Trapper  Offline

trapper

Minnesota
Originally Posted by danvee
I predict fur prices will stink again next year, pretty safe prediction.

Peee'U

NRA and NTA Life Member
www.BackroadsRevised@etsy.com

Re: Need to buy a house Wait until September [Re: white17] #7573664
04/30/22 04:50 PM
04/30/22 04:50 PM
Armpit, ak
D
Dirt Offline
trapper
Dirt  Offline
trapper
D

Armpit, ak
Originally Posted by white17
Don't forget the "interest only" loans.

Do you think that double naught spy secret has been declassified? smile

Who is John Galt?
Re: Need to buy a house Wait until September [Re: jbyrd63] #7573684
04/30/22 05:26 PM
04/30/22 05:26 PM
se South Dakota
NonPCfed Offline
trapper
NonPCfed  Offline
trapper

se South Dakota
Showings and inquiries dropped almost 40 % in April

You actually have to have showings to do. For the last 6 months or so, our weekly real estate magazine has been super skinny, very few showings even though housing units are being built all over on the edges of the various pieces of the metro. Somebody is securing the loans or the buildings companies are just nuts and building on speculation. We'll see what happens. I'm not planning on selling anytime soon...

"And God said, Let us make man in our image �and let them have dominion �and all the creatures that move along the ground".
Genesis 1:26
Re: Need to buy a house Wait until September [Re: jbyrd63] #7573685
04/30/22 05:31 PM
04/30/22 05:31 PM
The great cage state Colorado
M
Monster Toms Offline
trapper
Monster Toms  Offline
trapper
M

The great cage state Colorado
Most house here never get a sign in the yard, brokers have lists of buyers. Sellers list their house; agent makes a few calls, and the battle begins. 75% of sold homes in my area will bring 10-15% over asking. 85% are cash deals, close in 3 weeks.

Re: Need to buy a house Wait until September [Re: jbyrd63] #7573750
04/30/22 07:16 PM
04/30/22 07:16 PM
Minnesota
330-Trapper Offline

trapper
330-Trapper  Offline

trapper

Minnesota
Originally Posted by jbyrd63
Originally Posted by Rat Masterson
No way the Feds will raise interest rates high enough to get inflation in check, so we will be stuck with inflation. We as a nation are in trouble financially and there is no easy way out.

exactly the cause of the money to run out. That gets the "plummet" started

[Linked Image]

NRA and NTA Life Member
www.BackroadsRevised@etsy.com

Re: Need to buy a house Wait until September [Re: Savell] #7573788
04/30/22 08:12 PM
04/30/22 08:12 PM
Iowa
T
trapdog1 Offline
trapper
trapdog1  Offline
trapper
T

Iowa
Originally Posted by Savell
Originally Posted by trapdog1
Good God, Savell. That's just wrong.

I know ... pellet smokers are wrong on many levels

Yes they are! I can't believe you posted a picture of one.Disgusting.

Last edited by trapdog1; 04/30/22 08:16 PM.
Re: Need to buy a house Wait until September [Re: jbyrd63] #7573809
04/30/22 08:41 PM
04/30/22 08:41 PM
mn north of blakely
S
Steven 49er Offline
trapper
Steven 49er  Offline
trapper
S

mn north of blakely
Originally Posted by jbyrd63
Originally Posted by Steven 49er
Again I ask what constitutes a plummet? The fed can't let allow another housing market crash to happen. Once rates get high enough and liquidity low enough they will juice the markets again. Lowering rates and more QE. Anyone with any sense knows that rates should be 6 to 10 percent to quash the inflation but is that even possible anymore. They fixed the 08 debt bubble by tripling down debt.

It doesn't take much of a sooth sayer to ocme on say there is going to be a correction in the markets, practically every investment bank has been saying that for at least the last 3 months.

Hang on boys and girls it's going to be a heck of a ride, lets just hope the republic survives it.

About a 30 % price adjustment will happen. As for fixing the 08 crash the people that got "fixed were the bankers and big industry , The poor saps that paid twice what the houses were worth didn't get bailed out. They got foreclosed on. The banks got the property PLUS bail out monies. Why didn't the feds give the money to the peope earmark to pay the mortages? Because they are in bed with the banks. The banks would have ended up with the funds anyway but if it had been done that way they wouldn't have gotten all those properties to sale at PURE PROFIT . Don't matter what the banks have if average joe can't afford to pay the loan because the price was too high to begin with the prices will come down.
When I say the money will run out I'm talking about the publics funds to use for houses cars and play toys. Heck how many times does someone say "supply and demand " runs the price gouging train. Well the demand will drop because people won't have the make believe money from the market and the hand out money will dry up.....
Just my observation

I don't disagree that housing and most broad markets will drop 30 percent sometime in the near future I would classify that as a plummet, more like a strong correction.

I'm expecting it to plummet. I understand that federal money as you put it isn't what is backstopping all this. It's money created out of thin air, a key stroke on a computer if you will. The federal reserve is funding this. Either through QE or artificial interest rates. Both juice the money supply.

if you believe the 2008 bailout only saved the banks you are gravely mistaken. It bailed out the markets of the entire world. All of them. The world was days or even hours away from a liquidity crisis like never experienced before. We are talking worse than the great depression. Me I think we should have let the free market fix the problem. We didn't. Now we have what we have. I seriously believe you have no idea what will happen if home prices and the stock market is allowed to fall. Deflation is a four letter word to the federal reserve. Worse than inflation. They will juice the pumps and when they do it will be hyper inflation like the Weimar Republic experienced. None of us will escape it unscathed. None of us. The dollar will almost assuredly lose reserve status.

What does that mean? Well we don't need to go down that road, as I posted earlier, hopefully the republic stays intact.

Last edited by Steven 49er; 04/30/22 08:42 PM.

"Inflation is always and everywhere a monetary phenomenon". Milton Friedman.
Re: Need to buy a house Wait until September [Re: jbyrd63] #7573845
04/30/22 09:26 PM
04/30/22 09:26 PM
Central Texas
C
Chancey Offline
trapper
Chancey  Offline
trapper
C

Central Texas
Mr. Steven49er, White17, and Dirt,…,,,

Can y’all please explain this situation in egg and chicken/coon hide and fur buyer form? I apologize, I’m completely ignorant on the market of money. All I know is what I was taught….pay offf debt, and don’t buy anything you can’t afford.

I’m 42, and I’ve never even hear of a no down payment loan, or interest only? I remember 2008, but never understood the all the talk as it never affected me. Now, I’m trying to dabble a bit in stocks.

Why would the government loan money to people they know can’t pay it? That is crazy, they can’t be that stupid!?

Resident Conspiracy Theorist
Accused Moron, Nazi, Low IQ, and Putin Fan Boy
Re: Need to buy a house Wait until September [Re: jbyrd63] #7573935
04/30/22 10:53 PM
04/30/22 10:53 PM
Armpit, ak
D
Dirt Offline
trapper
Dirt  Offline
trapper
D

Armpit, ak

Who is John Galt?
Re: Need to buy a house Wait until September [Re: Chancey] #7573955
04/30/22 11:25 PM
04/30/22 11:25 PM
mn north of blakely
S
Steven 49er Offline
trapper
Steven 49er  Offline
trapper
S

mn north of blakely
Originally Posted by Chancey
Mr. Steven49er, White17, and Dirt,…,,,

Can y’all please explain this situation in egg and chicken/coon hide and fur buyer form? I apologize, I’m completely ignorant on the market of money. All I know is what I was taught….pay offf debt, and don’t buy anything you can’t afford.

I’m 42, and I’ve never even hear of a no down payment loan, or interest only? I remember 2008, but never understood the all the talk as it never affected me. Now, I’m trying to dabble a bit in stocks.

Why would the government loan money to people they know can’t pay it? That is crazy, they can’t be that stupid!?

Lets unpack your last statement, yes they can be that stupid.

The government doesn't and the FED doesn't care if a borrower can repay the loan, all they care about is the money is then created inflating the money supply. Do you know how fractional reserve lending works? Without new money creation the whole system implodes, new money is mostly created through borrowing. Or at least in the past, now we have quackery like QE and operation twist.

This all started before 2008, more like 1913 got the ball started and 1971 put the nail in the coffin. Fiat currency starts and slow and eventually snowballs until it becomes uncontrollable. IMHO this is all very predictable, not the timeframe it happens but the fact it will happen. Ok now you ask why does the government need new money created? Well under our current system it needs new money to survive. How can we run a welfare state without the ability to borrow! Now don't misconstrue my meaning of welfare, I'm not talking about the contemporary understanding. The welfare state starts at the military-industrial complex, corporate hand outs, government entitlement programs and ends somewhere south of never.

The craziness of 2008 is tame compared to what is happening today. Did you know it's reported that almost 20 percent of all large corporations are zombie corporations? That means they don't generate enough profit to service their yearly debt obligations and can only do so by more borrowing. There is a reason the FED started buying corporate junk bonds in 2020, it was unprecedented before that. Where does the FED get its money, yup, keystroke. A truly free market would let those companies die, that part of the way a market finds price discovery.

How about student loans, it doesn't take much common sense to realize that there is a large portion that will not be paid back. Why does the bank borrow the money? Because the government passed a law saying that debt can't be erased through bankruptcy. Basically debtor's prison. Why would the government pass that law? Well between lobbyists and needing to have currency created through debt it was a sure thing.

Money supply inflation will never stop until the system has an aortic confarction( I know it's not a real term, fun to say lol)

Deflation is the enemy of governments and fiat currency. It's a natural part of a free market.

"Inflation is always and everywhere a monetary phenomenon". Milton Friedman.
Re: Need to buy a house Wait until September [Re: Dirt] #7573962
04/30/22 11:35 PM
james bay frontierOnt.
B
Boco Online content
trapper
Boco  Online Content
trapper
B

james bay frontierOnt.

That is a good little article and explains it well.

I can summerize it further in one sentence.

Greed,from top to bottom.
What a culture!

Forget that fear of gravity-get a little savagery in your life.
Re: Need to buy a house Wait until September [Re: jbyrd63] #7573963
Green County Wisconsin
G
GREENCOUNTYPETE Offline
trapper
GREENCOUNTYPETE  Offline
trapper
G

Green County Wisconsin
how about the price of plumbing parts , good lord the price of pvc is 15 dollars a stick for 1 1/2 schedule 40

wire is insane was at fleet and lowes today just nuts and that was if they even had what you needed Fleet and no pipe and Lowes had very few fittings

America only has one issue, we have a Responsibility crisis and everything else stems from it.
Re: Need to buy a house Wait until September [Re: jbyrd63] #7573994
05/01/22 12:49 AM
05/01/22 12:49 AM
North East Kansas
Marty Offline
trapper
Marty  Offline
trapper

North East Kansas
^ this is all being orchestrated....food shortages coming and other nice things are ahead...

E
'Honey Badger Militia'
Sleep, the anti woke adote.
Re: Need to buy a house Wait until September [Re: jbyrd63] #7574191
05/01/22 10:41 AM
05/01/22 10:41 AM
Armpit, ak
D
Dirt Offline
trapper
Dirt  Offline
trapper
D

Armpit, ak
"How about student loans, it doesn't take much common sense to realize that there is a large portion that will not be paid back. Why does the bank borrow the money? Because the government passed a law saying that debt can't be erased through bankruptcy. Basically debtor's prison. Why would the government pass that law? Well between lobbyists and needing to have currency created through debt it was a sure thing."

Our State once had a student loan program. It became a financial disaster. They quit doing it. Since they couldn't print money, what was their motivation? Student loans would never be made, without crazy high interest rates to compensate for the crazy high default rate and no collateral. If it was legal, to declare bankruptcy to get out of these loans, nobody would give them either.

There are ways to do these programs to limit risk, and incentivize attending classes. The U.S. government should talk to the VA about how to run a college tuition program. Unless the VA has screwed this up, back in the day they didn't just hand you a bunch of money to go to school. You got monthly checks, based on getting I believe a yellow card signed by all your professors that you were attending classes, every month. No yellow cards, no money.

Last edited by Dirt; 05/01/22 11:04 AM.

Who is John Galt?
Re: Need to buy a house Wait until September [Re: jbyrd63] #7574208
05/01/22 11:09 AM
05/01/22 11:09 AM
central IA
B
bodycount Offline
trapper
bodycount  Offline
trapper
B

central IA
Depends on how much more our economy goes down the toilet.

Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread