No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter


Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum


~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~


Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products


Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Anyone know who is in charge of NYS Trappers Assoc [Re: bobsheedy] #7577238
05/05/22 08:20 AM
05/05/22 08:20 AM
Joined: Nov 2013
Posts: 494
NY
whartonrattrappe Offline
trapper
whartonrattrappe  Offline
trapper

Joined: Nov 2013
Posts: 494
NY
Originally Posted by Bearguy
It sounds like some of you guys that know how an organization should be run, should jump in there and run it properly.

Originally Posted by bobsheedy
Originally Posted by Bearguy
It sounds like some of you guys that know how an organization should be run, should jump in there and run it properly.


2X. Go to the BOD meeting and volunteer. You won't be turned away.


Bearguy you don't have a clue...

This is not a knock on you mister Swaggler, it seems you are the only lifeline left.

Bobsheedy you know we had a great group of new blood in NYSTA only a few shot years ago. They were willing and more than able to do the leg work and right the ship.

They also demanded transparency, and with that, they were shown the door by the old guard with lots of skeletons in the closet.

Not to mention a treasurer who stole from members, old and new, with no repercussions by our BOD.

NYSTA now has a membership of less than 7% of the licensed trappers in NY yet they hold sway along with the liberals of Cornell who they adore.

NO THANKS!

Re: Anyone know who is in charge of NYS Trappers Assoc [Re: Canvasback2] #7577255
05/05/22 08:50 AM
05/05/22 08:50 AM
Joined: Jul 2008
Posts: 2,401
Adirondacks, NY
Fisher Man Offline
trapper
Fisher Man  Offline
trapper

Joined: Jul 2008
Posts: 2,401
Adirondacks, NY
The trouble is that there is no feedback to the general membership.There was a time when directors were required to make reports in the trappers newspaper. That has fallen by the wayside. We used to have a newsletter which was scrapped for mailing costs. We are told to join NYSTA to support the lobbyist and that is good, but most of us have no clue what is going on.. The website is pathetic compared to states like Pennsylvania. There has been rumor spreading by at least one officer and constant needless drama.The treasurer that was a thief severely hurt our membership. I know of at least two directors that are disgusted and thinking of quitting.
At one time NYSTA was one of the most powerful, well respected sports organizations in the state, but no more. My pleas for better communications fall on deaf ears.

Re: Anyone know who is in charge of NYS Trappers Assoc [Re: Canvasback2] #7577321
05/05/22 10:23 AM
05/05/22 10:23 AM
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 754
Perry, NY
D
Dana I Offline
trapper
Dana I  Offline
trapper
D

Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 754
Perry, NY
I was gonna leave this alone, but now I feel like I can't.

I have been told a few too many times that "if you want to know what's going on you have to come to a meeting" I set aside a few days every year to go to convention and while there I am always available to help with anything they need. I collect auction items, run the Chinese auction, sometimes go around to vendors collecting booth fees whatever is needed. I also always attend the annual membership meeting there. IT IS THE ONLY MEMBERSHIP MEETING OF THE YEAR.

If you want members at the BOD meetings maybe call them membership meetings. I have never seen another organization where BOD meetings were meant for general members.

When was the last time there was a election for officers. As far as I know all the current officers were appointed by the BOD.

I have personally been attacked for not attending BOD meetings. I would be glad to come except that I have not figured out a way to shutdown the cows for the weekend so that I could take the time. The meetings are not across town. It's a 3 and a half hour drive each way plus a meeting that takes the better part of the day. I would have to drive out Fri night, get a hotel for the night attend the meeting then drive home late Saturday. I would also need to have someone else feed animals on two farms for me. It would cost me hundreds of dollars to go to a meeting.

As far as the reports I have been told multiple times that they don't do them because they do such a good job that there is nothing going on to report. So why would I spend hundreds of dollars to attend a meeting to be told that.

Re: Anyone know who is in charge of NYS Trappers Assoc [Re: Dana I] #7577360
05/05/22 11:14 AM
05/05/22 11:14 AM
Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 37,408
james bay frontierOnt.
B
Boco Offline
trapper
Boco  Offline
trapper
B

Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 37,408
james bay frontierOnt.
Originally Posted by Dana I
I was gonna leave this alone, but now I feel like I can't.

I have been told a few too many times that "if you want to know what's going on you have to come to a meeting" I set aside a few days every year to go to convention and while there I am always available to help with anything they need. I collect auction items, run the Chinese auction, sometimes go around to vendors collecting booth fees whatever is needed. I also always attend the annual membership meeting there. IT IS THE ONLY MEMBERSHIP MEETING OF THE YEAR.

If you want members at the BOD meetings maybe call them membership meetings. I have never seen another organization where BOD meetings were meant for general members.

When was the last time there was a election for officers. As far as I know all the current officers were appointed by the BOD.

I have personally been attacked for not attending BOD meetings. I would be glad to come except that I have not figured out a way to shutdown the cows for the weekend so that I could take the time. The meetings are not across town. It's a 3 and a half hour drive each way plus a meeting that takes the better part of the day. I would have to drive out Fri night, get a hotel for the night attend the meeting then drive home late Saturday. I would also need to have someone else feed animals on two farms for me. It would cost me hundreds of dollars to go to a meeting.

As far as the reports I have been told multiple times that they don't do them because they do such a good job that there is nothing going on to report. So why would I spend hundreds of dollars to attend a meeting to be told that.


Dont you have a director for your area that is close to you that can keep you up to speed on the issues being worked on and share the minutes of the meetings after the draft minutes have been approved by the board?


Forget that fear of gravity-get a little savagery in your life.
Re: Anyone know who is in charge of NYS Trappers Assoc [Re: Canvasback2] #7577417
05/05/22 01:29 PM
05/05/22 01:29 PM
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 754
Perry, NY
D
Dana I Offline
trapper
Dana I  Offline
trapper
D

Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 754
Perry, NY
A draft of the minutes is not approved until the next quarterly meeting. Then if they do put a report In the trappers post it has to be submitted to the publisher 3 months ahead. So any reports are 6 months old information. We have no local director and most times that I have asked any questions I have been told I would have to come to a meeting if I wanted to know.

Re: Anyone know who is in charge of NYS Trappers Assoc [Re: Dana I] #7577449
05/05/22 02:44 PM
05/05/22 02:44 PM
Joined: Feb 2010
Posts: 7,271
Henderson, N.Y. Jefferson Co.
W
walleyed Offline
trapper
walleyed  Offline
trapper
W

Joined: Feb 2010
Posts: 7,271
Henderson, N.Y. Jefferson Co.
So it sounds like NYSTA is running like a fine Swiss watch,
and it's business as usual.

When can we set out our Snares, Oops, I mean Cable restraints
this coming fall so I can get me some of them high dollar coyote. laugh

w


"Provisional/Interim" member of NYS Trappers Association
Jefferson Co. Fur Harvesters

I Support Non-Resident Trapping



Re: Anyone know who is in charge of NYS Trappers Assoc [Re: walleyed] #7577453
05/05/22 02:54 PM
05/05/22 02:54 PM
Joined: Nov 2013
Posts: 494
NY
whartonrattrappe Offline
trapper
whartonrattrappe  Offline
trapper

Joined: Nov 2013
Posts: 494
NY
Originally Posted by walleyed
So it sounds like NYSTA is running like a fine Swiss watch,
and it's business as usual.

When can we set out our Snares, Oops, I mean Cable restraints
this coming fall so I can get me some of them high dollar coyote. laugh

w


Careful Bob, they're likely revoke your provisional member status. laugh

Re: Anyone know who is in charge of NYS Trappers Assoc [Re: Canvasback2] #7577601
05/05/22 07:56 PM
05/05/22 07:56 PM
Joined: Jul 2008
Posts: 2,401
Adirondacks, NY
Fisher Man Offline
trapper
Fisher Man  Offline
trapper

Joined: Jul 2008
Posts: 2,401
Adirondacks, NY
According to today's website there is no secretary no NTA director, and no FTA director.. The reason there have been no elections is there have been only one candidate running for an office..County reps can observe, but have no vote. One general membership meeting a year with a handful attending. Some of the best members have been run out because they were " trying to take over". DEC rarely attends meetings anymore, they used to have the Directors of Wildlife and Law Enforcement attend. These days it is difficult to get a quorum to attend to vote. What a way to run a rail road !.

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread