No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Re: High end hunting clothing [Re: USMC47 🦫] #7578766
05/06/22 11:04 PM
05/06/22 11:04 PM
N. Carolina
S
Scout1 Offline
trapper
Scout1  Offline
trapper
S

N. Carolina
Boots are goi ng to be you best investment! if you get cold you can move to warm up. Normally in extreme cold I just wear a loin cloth! Hike to where I am hunting and put my goose down pants and coat on. Goose down, not goose feathers, are a must. These wrangler stretchy pants in to the hunt, then put my cabelas goose down (goretex) pants, 650 goose down jacket, with a wool over coat. I wear kennetrek grizzly pac boots. Of course I a was in the Army! It's ok 47, you'll do better next time. Thanks for your service!!!!!!

-------------------------------------
DJT & MTG in 2024!
Re: High end hunting clothing [Re: USMC47 🦫] #7578839
05/07/22 12:37 AM
05/07/22 12:37 AM
MN
S
Seek Offline
trapper
Seek  Offline
trapper
S

MN
I have Kuiu pants and some pullovers and rain gear. You can't beat it. I live in Duluth, MN where you can wear a puffy all 12 months of the year. This years winter was about average temperature wise and I wore my Kuiu pants alot and most of the time without longjohns. The Kuiu Attack pants perform in all weather and conditions. They dry out fast and are very warm; you can vent if your hot and wear them about anywhere. They don't need to be washed a lot and are pretty (This word is unacceptable on Trapperman) tough. I have used them on a couple Mtn. Goat hunts, elk hunts, upland, rucking to train, whatever. They are the bomb.

You can buy them onsale a few times a year but jump fast because sizes and colors go fast. I have at least 5-6 pairs in all colors and won't hesitate to buy more. Just because I wear them everywhere, church, school, whatever. They retail for $149 and worth every penny.

Kennetrek makes a great boot. I have Mtn Extremes. They break in fast and are very comfortable. The downside is I have found the soles to be a bit slippery, so thats a definite downfall. I have Crispi's too. They are a much shorter boot and more of a mountain fit. I recently climbed Camelback in Scottsdale with those on and their rubber sole was like a suction cup for my feet. No slippage or anything.

Everything is expensive but the equipment I listed will last you for years and you will find yourself wearing it everywhere. Don't hold back. Buy it. Kuiu gives a military discount if you want to buy when there is no sale going on.

Re: High end hunting clothing [Re: Scout1] #7579975
05/08/22 03:52 PM
05/08/22 03:52 PM
Montana
USMC47 🦫 Offline OP
trapper
USMC47 🦫  Offline OP
trapper

Montana
Originally Posted by Scout1
Boots are goi ng to be you best investment! if you get cold you can move to warm up. Normally in extreme cold I just wear a loin cloth! Hike to where I am hunting and put my goose down pants and coat on. Goose down, not goose feathers, are a must. These wrangler stretchy pants in to the hunt, then put my cabelas goose down (goretex) pants, 650 goose down jacket, with a wool over coat. I wear kennetrek grizzly pac boots. Of course I a was in the Army! It's ok 47, you'll do better next time. Thanks for your service!!!!!!
Hahaha! Even soldiers have heroes. Lol.

The deadliest weapon in the world is a Marine and his rifle.

www.derricks-nm.com
Re: High end hunting clothing [Re: USMC47 🦫] #7580224
05/08/22 10:17 PM
05/08/22 10:17 PM
N. Carolina
S
Scout1 Offline
trapper
Scout1  Offline
trapper
S

N. Carolina
Originally Posted by USMC47 🦫
Originally Posted by Scout1
Hahaha! Even soldiers have heroes. Lol.

You are my Hero!

-------------------------------------
DJT & MTG in 2024!
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread