No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Re: On the subject Converting "Antis" [Re: Wolfdog91] #7584672
05/15/22 10:36 PM
05/15/22 10:36 PM
williamsburg ks
D
danny clifton Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
danny clifton  Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
D

williamsburg ks
Trapper DR you dont make less when cost of production is higher than the price of the commodity, you lose money.

Those who would give up essential liberty, to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)
Re: On the subject Converting "Antis" [Re: danny clifton] #7584684
05/15/22 10:45 PM
05/15/22 10:45 PM
Iowa
TrapperDR Offline
trapper
TrapperDR  Offline
trapper

Iowa
Danny that's a no brainer and I don't believe either of us are disagreeing. That wasn't my point and I won't ever argue logic. My disagreement is: There is a choice "to those who find a way" to make money on fur in today's fur market and they are probably doing it "creatively", however the money is there for those for the taking. It's just not easy money. Which is exactly what the fur industry was built on.

Re: On the subject Converting "Antis" [Re: warrior] #7584687
05/15/22 10:51 PM
05/15/22 10:51 PM

M
Mark June
Unregistered
Mark June
Unregistered
M

Originally Posted by warrior
I'm seeing something here I don't like.

Calling out other outdoors folk as obnoxious is not our problem. Matter of of fact it's this cowardice that we somehow have to hide and sneak around that has not only trappers but all that is right and correct in our society in full retreat before the onslaught of the left.

We wonder just how we lost the universities or why perversion is the rule of the day in our primary schools.

It's cowardice and feel good go along to get along.

We as outdoorsman have absolutely nothing to be ashamed of. If anything we have demonstrated over the last century one of if not the best example of wildlife management and conservation on the planet.

We should flaunt that and be proud.

To cower and hide our activities is to tacitly admit to undue shame and wrongdoing.

Now this is a strong post!
Yesindeedee.

Blessings,
Mark

Re: On the subject Converting "Antis" [Re: Wolfdog91] #7584728
05/16/22 12:43 AM
05/16/22 12:43 AM
AK
F
FairbanksLS Offline
trapper
FairbanksLS  Offline
trapper
F

AK
Warrior, how many trappers do you personally know that cower and hide their activities? I don’t know anyone who does that unless they are hiding their activities from other trappers.

formerly posting as white dog
Re: On the subject Converting "Antis" [Re: Wolfdog91] #7584778
05/16/22 07:17 AM
05/16/22 07:17 AM
williamsburg ks
D
danny clifton Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
danny clifton  Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
D

williamsburg ks
Getting back on track for converting anti's

Anti's ARE the #1 reason there is no fur market. All this talk about trapping even at a loss infuriates soccer moms. They don't like people who kill for fun. You can crawdad and say well its to benefit the species as a whole or to protect my sweet corn or the neighbors calves. Don't matter. She already heard you say "I kill for fun". She will roll up in a petroleum derived garment so fast your head will spin and vote to stop you from legally harvesting fur.

A Young Mom working hard to keep her kids fed and clothed, will understand making money while benefitting populations, making sure sweet corn in the garden is protected, keeping calf and sheep losses down. They get that. Killing that cute fox because you enjoy killing them? Well just think about that for a minute. Imagine you grew up in a city watching disney movies and believing the city park is the "great outdoors"'.

We need to quit alienating people on the fence. Unlike changing the mind of an anti, nudging a fence sitter to our side of the fence is doable. Telling that person "I kill for fun" will flop em right over to a PETA membership.

Those who would give up essential liberty, to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread