No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: It's getting crazy 90 miles from the border [Re: Yotegiter] #7587938
05/21/22 03:43 AM
05/21/22 03:43 AM

M
Mark June OP
Unregistered
Mark June OP
Unregistered
M

Originally Posted by Yotegiter
I was on a job near Asherton Tx about 30 miles from border here about a month ago, it was pretty Wild West. You know it’s bad when the fence crew who is all Hispanic is packing AR-15 for there protection. I carried a side arm and an AR the whole time. Was definitely looking over my shoulder. There was more 2 leg coyote sign on that ranch then 4. Holes in fence, backpacks left stashed in the brush, you’d find shoes, water bottles and on and on. Was never so glad to get of a ranch. I don’t know how the locals make it with all that going on. You know it’s bad when they were getting ready to reinforce the bunkhouse with additional security and cameras for fear of being overrun by cartel in the night. Everyone took there AR to there bunk rooms at night. Sad state of affairs for sure.

I can only imagine what that area around Carrizo Springs resembles today. I trapped two ranches near Asherton a decade ago and I remember when I first stopped into town, having driven down from Nebraska where we lived then, I had an appetite and the only place open in Carrizo Springs was a Mexican restaurant that served Pizza. I thought, cool, I like Mexican food and I like Pizza, so I stopped in around 9:00PM. No big deal. I did notice I was the fairest skinned dude in the place, and that I got quite a few stares, but what really amazed me was how busy it was in this sleepy town after 9:00PM. When I told the ranch manager this story when I rolled into the bunkhouse, he told me I had just eaten dinner with the cartel bosses in the area. That is their restaurant and everyone knows it.

Well, not this greenhorn!
The pizza was really good.

Post-script: I didn't stop off there on my way down the next year.

Stay safe yotegitter!
Blessings,
Mark

Re: It's getting crazy 90 miles from the border [Re: ] #7587946
05/21/22 05:22 AM
05/21/22 05:22 AM
Northern lower Michigan
Feedinggrounds Offline
trapper
Feedinggrounds  Offline
trapper

Northern lower Michigan
Bring it on home Mark, We got a good soaking rain last night, cooled a bit. Michigan is in bloom and blossom. Leaves are out, corn and beans are sprouting. Fish are biting hard, fawns are dropping. Sky is blue today winds are fair!

you're only allowed so many sunrises... I aim to see every one of them!
Re: It's getting crazy 90 miles from the border [Re: ] #7587948
05/21/22 05:33 AM
05/21/22 05:33 AM

M
Mark June OP
Unregistered
Mark June OP
Unregistered
M

Headed north today FG, after puling traps. Packed and loaded and ready.
Stopping in GR to place my money down on a boat during the journey!
The fish are waiting on Ms. Donna.
Her #1 pastime is fishin'.

Blessings and thanks for the invite!
Mark

Re: It's getting crazy 90 miles from the border [Re: ] #7587970
05/21/22 07:21 AM
05/21/22 07:21 AM
SE Minnesota
D
dustytinner Offline
trapper
dustytinner  Offline
trapper
D

SE Minnesota
I wish you and the Misses safe travels back north. Just like when you pull your new boat out of the water make sure to check for invasive species and leave them there! smile

Life member Minnesota Trappers Association
FTA,Sportsmen's Alliance
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread