No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Medal of Honor Monday #7589460
05/23/22 02:57 PM
05/23/22 02:57 PM
Kansas
Pawnee Offline OP
trapper
Pawnee  Offline OP
trapper

Kansas
I had a few minutes this afternoon so I thought I’d post my Medal of Honor a bit earlier today than normal. I read about this guy a few weeks ago and wanted to post his citation. Take a minute and read. This warrior jumps on a grenade and then when it doesn’t go off he just jumps up and goes back to work!!! Holy crap what a stud. If someone has time please explain what a HC2c is or how it’s different then a regular field medic. What rank would be comparable in the Army or Marines? Hat Tip Congressional Medal of Honor Society.

DONALD EVERETT BALLARD

CITATION
For conspicuous gallantry and intrepidity at the risk of his life above and beyond the call of duty while serving as a HC2c. with Company M, in connection with operations against enemy aggressor forces. During the afternoon hours, Company M was moving to join the remainder of the 3d Battalion in Quang Tri province. After treating and evacuating two heat casualies, HC2c. Ballard was returning to his platoon from the evacuation landing zone when the company was ambushed by a North Vietnamese Army unit employing automatic weapons and mortars, and sustained numerous casualies. Observing a wounded marine, HC2c. Ballard unhesitatingly moved across the fire-swept terrain to the injured man and swiftly rendered medical assistance to his comrade. HC2c. Ballard then directed four marines to carry the casualty to a position of relative safety. As the four men prepared to move the wounded marine, an enemy soldier suddenly left his concealed position and, after hurling a hand grenade which landed near the casualty, commenced firing upon the small group of men. Instantly shouting a warning to the marines, HC2c. Ballard fearlessly threw himself upon the lethal explosive device to protect his comrades from the deadly blast. When the grenade failed to detonate, he calmly arose from his dangerous position and resolutely continued his determined efforts in treating other marine casualties. HC2c. Ballard's heroic actions and selfless concern for the welfare of his companions served to inspire all who observed him and prevented possible injury or death to his fellow marines. His courage, daring initiative, and unwavering devotion to duty in the face of extreme personal danger, sustain and enhance the finest traditions of the U.S. Naval Service.

Last edited by Pawnee; 05/23/22 03:00 PM.

Everything the left touches it destroys
Re: Medal of Honor Monday [Re: Pawnee] #7589479
05/23/22 03:24 PM
05/23/22 03:24 PM
Ks
Flint Hill fur Offline
trapper
Flint Hill fur  Offline
trapper

Ks
What a courageous act! A big salute

Re: Medal of Honor Monday [Re: Pawnee] #7589482
05/23/22 03:31 PM
05/23/22 03:31 PM
Wisconsin
G
Guss Offline
trapper
Guss  Offline
trapper
G

Wisconsin
I would not go forget the medal.

Re: Medal of Honor Monday [Re: Pawnee] #7589542
05/23/22 05:08 PM
05/23/22 05:08 PM
Nevada
YamaCat Offline
trapper
YamaCat  Offline
trapper

Nevada
Hospital Corpsman 2nd Class. I had to look it up.

Re: Medal of Honor Monday [Re: YamaCat] #7589618
05/23/22 07:35 PM
05/23/22 07:35 PM
Kansas
Pawnee Offline OP
trapper
Pawnee  Offline OP
trapper

Kansas
Originally Posted by YamaCat
Hospital Corpsman 2nd Class. I had to look it up.

Thanks. Hopefully someone will chime in on what that rank would be in other branches of the military. No disrespect to the Navy I’m just not familiar with their ranks

Everything the left touches it destroys
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread