No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Jake From State Farm [Re: Posco] #7589816
05/23/22 11:56 PM
05/23/22 11:56 PM
Oregon
H
H2ORat Offline
trapper
H2ORat  Offline
trapper
H

Oregon
Originally Posted by Posco
In a more perfect world, one wouldn't have to go to bed at night wondering if they're being undermined by the very people entrusted with educating their children. Strive for a more perfect world and get your kids out of public education.

AMEN. BC when was the last time you volunteered at the school? In the classroom - not chaperoning a dance? My kids were never sheltered from the "real world" - because that is a huge issue with homeschooling/ charter schooling. Public school has its place - and if they taught the 3r's without all the liberal crap they would have graduated there. OK may have a great school system------- but OR SUCKS.

Re: Jake From State Farm [Re: Blaine County] #7589874
05/24/22 05:47 AM
05/24/22 05:47 AM
Kansas
Pawnee Offline
trapper
Pawnee  Offline
trapper

Kansas
Originally Posted by Blaine County
Maybe gays buy more insurance than the average hetero.

I've never seen an insurance company not make a decision based on money.

Companies have been doing it for years. It is hard for some to believe but 100% true. Look at CNN or MSNBC they have been costing themselves money for years with their one sided reporting. Another example is Disney. They have lost over 41 billon since they started pushing Tran crap a few months ago. It’s about the agenda not the money.

Everything the left touches it destroys
Re: Jake From State Farm [Re: J Staton] #7589935
05/24/22 07:28 AM
05/24/22 07:28 AM
SW Pa
B
Bob Jameson Offline
trapper
Bob Jameson  Offline
trapper
B

SW Pa
Thank you for bringing this to my attention. We don't have a large insurance bundle with state farm however we do have some of our ATV's insured thru them. In fact, we just renewed our annual premium last week. I am going to call and cancel that policy today when they open and ask for a refund immediately. This type of thing is totally out of line with our values and quite disgusting to me.

Re: Jake From State Farm [Re: Blaine County] #7589939
05/24/22 07:35 AM
05/24/22 07:35 AM
Beatrice, NE
L
loosegoose Offline
trapper
loosegoose  Offline
trapper
L

Beatrice, NE
Public school for my kids. The last thing they need, in my opinion, is to be sheltered from the real world. They need to learn to survive and thrive in it using what my wife and I teach them. Public school is a good place to start.

But I respect the decisions of other parents even if I disagree.

And, we have a pretty good school system.

Sitting in a row of desks with a bunch of people that are all within a year or so of your age, having to raise your hand to ask permission to defecate, while you learn about the veins of a leaf and the difference between adverbs and adjectives, isn't the real world.

Last edited by loosegoose; 05/24/22 07:35 AM.
Re: Jake From State Farm [Re: J Staton] #7590030
05/24/22 09:18 AM
05/24/22 09:18 AM
MN
W
walleye101 Offline
trapper
walleye101  Offline
trapper
W

MN
What I don't understand is how some of you have to check with your wife to see what kind of insurance you have. whistle

Re: Jake From State Farm [Re: J Staton] #7590068
05/24/22 10:10 AM
05/24/22 10:10 AM
North East Kansas
Marty Offline
trapper
Marty  Offline
trapper

North East Kansas

E
'Honey Badger Militia'
Sleep, the anti woke adote.
Re: Jake From State Farm [Re: J Staton] #7590071
05/24/22 10:15 AM
05/24/22 10:15 AM
SW Pa
B
Bob Jameson Offline
trapper
Bob Jameson  Offline
trapper
B

SW Pa
Just got off the phone with our State Farm ATV insurance agents receptionist. I am glad we got away from State Farm many years ago with our auto and home owners insurance.. We have had Erie Insurance now for 48 years give or take.

Explained to her the purpose of my call and she said no problem. Then she asked why? Did we sell our ATV's I said no !!.

I said it is due to your companies involvement and policy regarding your support of this indoctrination of our youth and the books you are distributing. I also said I am certain I am not the first to do this in your branch office am I ? She simply said no.

Re: Jake From State Farm [Re: walleye101] #7590102
05/24/22 11:00 AM
05/24/22 11:00 AM
Beatrice, NE
L
loosegoose Offline
trapper
loosegoose  Offline
trapper
L

Beatrice, NE
Originally Posted by walleye101
What I don't understand is how some of you have to check with your wife to see what kind of insurance you have. whistle

If my wife died I'd be lost. I don't do bills or insurance, I don't even look at my own paycheck or know hot to access any of that information. She'd gladly show it to me if I asked, it's not like it's a secret, but I just have no interest. But on the same hand, if I died, all out vehicles would be broken, the house would be crumbling around her, and she'd be starving.

Re: Jake From State Farm [Re: loosegoose] #7590119
05/24/22 11:17 AM
05/24/22 11:17 AM
2A Sanctuaries-W. OK & N. NM
Blaine County Offline
trapper
Blaine County  Offline
trapper

Originally Posted by loosegoose
Public school for my kids. The last thing they need, in my opinion, is to be sheltered from the real world. They need to learn to survive and thrive in it using what my wife and I teach them. Public school is a good place to start.

But I respect the decisions of other parents even if I disagree.

And, we have a pretty good school system.

Sitting in a row of desks with a bunch of people that are all within a year or so of your age, having to raise your hand to ask permission to defecate, while you learn about the veins of a leaf and the difference between adverbs and adjectives, isn't the real world.

Sure it is. And, keeping kids in a bubble is doing them no favors. The world is full of all types. If you are going to succeed you have to learn to deal with it. The world is full of rules and systems. If you are going to succeed you have to learn to navigate them. The world is full of conflict and disagreement. If you are going to succeed you have to learn to resolve it (the friendly way or the not friendly way).

Like I said though, I respect people's choices for their family--even if I disagree. Also, I get that some school systems suck. However, a blanket "pull your kids out of public schools" is an overreaction--like many (most) things these days in America.

I also wonder how all of this parental disproportionate outrage (generally caused by some Facebook meme) on every little issue is affecting kids. I teach my children to address whatever situation they find themselves in at school or otherwise. What I read on TMan and witness with many others is a mentality of run to the bubble and huddle up only with people in complete agreement. That is a recipe for failure in the real world and is exactly what the woke and BLM types do.

But, everyone has the freedom to huddle up in their bubbles.

Re: Jake From State Farm [Re: J Staton] #7590121
05/24/22 11:19 AM
05/24/22 11:19 AM
MN, Land of 10,000 Lakes
T
Trapper7 Offline
trapper
Trapper7  Offline
trapper
T

MN, Land of 10,000 Lakes
State Farm is one of the largest insurance companies in the world. I'm sure they feel they can push their liberal agenda regardless of what people think. It's pretty obvious they have gone woke just by the changes they've gone to in their commercials.

I don't care how nice the hand soap smells, you should never walk out of the restroom sniffing your fingers.
Re: Jake From State Farm [Re: J Staton] #7590125
05/24/22 11:26 AM
SW Georgia
W
Wanna Be Offline
trapper
Wanna Be  Offline
trapper
W

SW Georgia
State Farm has decided they “aren’t going to support the indoctrination now, lol.

Re: Jake From State Farm [Re: Wanna Be] #7590126
Blaine County Offline
trapper
Blaine County  Offline
trapper

Originally Posted by Wanna Be
State Farm has decided they “aren’t going to support the indoctrination now, lol.

They must be monitoring TMan.

Re: Jake From State Farm [Re: 330-Trapper] #7590130
05/24/22 11:32 AM
05/24/22 11:32 AM
West Virginia,age 49
cathryn Offline
bvr-takr-upr
cathryn  Offline
bvr-takr-upr

West Virginia,age 49
Originally Posted by 330-Trapper
Originally Posted by Leftlane
I am an independent adjuster and I refuse to work for SF. What does that tell ya?

A lot.

We dropped them 4 years ago.

Jerry got hit 35nyears go. It was the other guys fault 100%. The investigation into the accident clearly stated that it was 100% the other guys fault.

Jerry had full coverage with state farm..had ha no previous accidents..and state farm wouldn't cover his damages.

He ended up getting a lawyer..suing state farm..getting a settlement..then he dropped them and has never looked back.

To this day if someone mentions state farm he starts...those blankety blank sobs..

IF IDIOTS GREW ON TREES THIS PLACE WOULD BE AN ORCHARD !

Re: Jake From State Farm [Re: J Staton] #7590131
05/24/22 11:33 AM
05/24/22 11:33 AM
MD
D
DaveP Offline
trapper
DaveP  Offline
trapper
D

MD

Sure it is. And, keeping kids in a bubble is doing them no favors. The world is full of all types. If you are going to succeed you have to learn to deal with it. The world is full of rules and systems. If you are going to succeed you have to learn to navigate them. The world is full of conflict and disagreement. If you are going to succeed you have to learn to resolve it (the friendly way or the not friendly way).

Like I said though, I respect people's choices for their family--even if I disagree. Also, I get that some school systems suck. However, a blanket "pull your kids out of public schools" is an overreaction--like many (most) things these days in America.

I also wonder how all of this parental disproportionate outrage (generally caused by some Facebook meme) on every little issue is affecting kids. I teach my children to address whatever situation they find themselves in at school or otherwise. What I read on TMan and witness with many others is a mentality of run to the bubble and huddle up only with people in complete agreement. That is a recipe for failure in the real world and is exactly what the woke and BLM types do.

LOL, kids all grown, but we homeschooled all of them, some part of the way, others entirely.
They were ANYTHING but sheltered.
Probably have a much wider experience with folks of all walks of life, ages, backgrounds, etc, than those that spend a large part of their early life with folks all within 1 year of their age, and likely similar socio- economic standing.

All doing pretty well too.

Last edited by DaveP; 05/24/22 11:34 AM.
Re: Jake From State Farm [Re: DaveP] #7590149
05/24/22 11:52 AM
05/24/22 11:52 AM
Blaine County Offline
trapper
Blaine County  Offline
trapper

Originally Posted by DaveP

LOL, kids all grown, but we homeschooled all of them, some part of the way, others entirely.
They were ANYTHING but sheltered.
Probably have a much wider experience with folks of all walks of life, ages, backgrounds, etc, than those that spend a large part of their early life with folks all within 1 year of their age, and likely similar socio- economic standing.

All doing pretty well too.

There is a place for homeschooling. I know some great kids who were homeschooled. I know some really weird kids who were homeschooled. I also know some total train wrecks who were homeschooled. That's life in any activity--including parenting and school.

Again, my issue is more with the disproportionate parental outrage over every little thing and decisions based on the same. A lot of kids are being raised by hysterical parents desperate for a bubble. This is bad.

Re: Jake From State Farm [Re: J Staton] #7590155
05/24/22 12:11 PM
05/24/22 12:11 PM
Southaest Kansas
C
Coyote Clayton Offline
trapper
Coyote Clayton  Offline
trapper
C

Southaest Kansas
“There is a place for homeschooling.“

Thank you for your permission. Any other permissions I am required to receive?

Last edited by Coyote Clayton; 05/24/22 12:19 PM.

Compulsive Coyote Washer
Re: Jake From State Farm [Re: J Staton] #7590158
05/24/22 12:18 PM
05/24/22 12:18 PM
MN, Land of 10,000 Lakes
T
Trapper7 Offline
trapper
Trapper7  Offline
trapper
T

MN, Land of 10,000 Lakes
I would have no problem sending my kids to a public school. But, I don't feel they have to live with the madness that is going on with some schools such as teaching sex to the lower grades. The real answer lies with confronting the school board about some of these crazy issues even if you get referred to as "domestic terrorists".

I don't care how nice the hand soap smells, you should never walk out of the restroom sniffing your fingers.
Re: Jake From State Farm [Re: J Staton] #7590159
05/24/22 12:20 PM
05/24/22 12:20 PM
Alaska and Washington State
W
waggler Offline
trapper
waggler  Offline
trapper
W

Alaska and Washington State
Some of you guys should run for your local school board. Seriously.

"My life is better than your vacation"
Re: Jake From State Farm [Re: Blaine County] #7590162
05/24/22 12:26 PM
05/24/22 12:26 PM
MD
D
DaveP Offline
trapper
DaveP  Offline
trapper
D

MD

There is a place for homeschooling. I know some great kids who were homeschooled. I know some really weird kids who were homeschooled. I also know some total train wrecks who were homeschooled. That's life in any activity--including parenting and school.

Again, my issue is more with the disproportionate parental outrage over every little thing and decisions based on the same. A lot of kids are being raised by hysterical parents desperate for a bubble. This is bad.

So there are no troubled or weird kids in public school?

LOL, that is WHY many are homeschooled, they were outcasts in public school and we're getting eaten alive.
So stands to reason they'd be disproportionately represented in homeschooled populations.

They'd be weird no matter WHERE OR HOW they were educated.

Around here, substantial perecentage of homeschoolers are kids of mil. parents, homeschooling allows continuity in their education amid frequent moves.

Re: Jake From State Farm [Re: J Staton] #7590169
05/24/22 12:33 PM
05/24/22 12:33 PM
MN, Land of 10,000 Lakes
T
Trapper7 Offline
trapper
Trapper7  Offline
trapper
T

MN, Land of 10,000 Lakes
I don't consider teaching young grade schoolers about sex or allowing boys who claim they think they are girls to compete in girl's sports little things. Parents should have a say in what is taught to their children in public schools.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread