No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 16 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 15 16
Re: Ar was the weapon ! [Re: GREENCOUNTYPETE] #7591030
05/25/22 01:58 PM
05/25/22 01:58 PM
Georgia
warrior Online content
trapper
warrior  Online Content
trapper

Georgia
Originally Posted by GREENCOUNTYPETE
why so few ARs in the 1980 & 90s , because they were 1000 dollars and an AK was 300 and an SKS was 79.99

why more now ? decades of politicians telling people they shouldn't have them. then 94-2004 you could only get an over priced one with deleted cosmetic features and little magazines

the price on a AR is now lower than most AKs and nearly the same as an SKS

why wouldn't you buy the more accurate , US made , all parts interchangeable AR it is Americas rifle

it is a good tool for lots of things , and yes it gets used for evil some times , so do puppies and candy it doesn't make puppies and candy evil.

I forgot about the Russian and Chinese guns. They were cheap in the eighties and were everywhere.

And, yes, they were the gun to have if you were insane and planning to shoot up a school. All through the eighties and nineties the battle cry of the gun grabbers was "who needs an AK"? And just like the AR they fired these horrific mystical bullets capable of disintegration of entire bodies.

Yet FBI data of the time reported that rifles of ALL TYPES were used in less than 1% of all gun crime.

Well Bush the First banned the Chinese ones outright then Slick Willy closed off the Russian and Eastern European ones while making the ARs somehow safer so you couldn't bayonet a school.

But conveniently they allowed the ban to sunset and the AK and SKS to come back in as parts only as long as the receiver stayed out or were chopped.

Silly them thought that would fix the problem.

And still today rifles stay around that 1% mark of gun crime.

But what I see is in all that time the powers that be have yet to address the underlying fundamental problems of dealing with the criminally insane.

[Linked Image]
Re: Ar was the weapon ! [Re: jbyrd63] #7591032
05/25/22 02:01 PM
05/25/22 02:01 PM
2A Sanctuaries-W. OK & N. NM
Blaine County Offline
trapper
Blaine County  Offline
trapper

Is anyone surprised that jbyrd would has this opinion? He's a bum that leeches off society and demonstrates profound ignorance in each and every post he has makes on this site.

He did it again here.

Re: Ar was the weapon ! [Re: jbyrd63] #7591035
05/25/22 02:03 PM
05/25/22 02:03 PM
AK
F
FairbanksLS Offline
trapper
FairbanksLS  Offline
trapper
F

AK
Every gun owner in America should be demanding that more money be spent on keeping these crazies outside the schools. The technology exists and we need to use it. Instead we argue that an AR is only a tool and protected by the constitution. That’s true and it is a darn good one. It took a long time to get where we are as a society and that is not going to change quickly. Arguing about the tool used is exactly what they want you to do. If we spent a quarter of the time contacting representatives as we do attacking each other on here we would be doing more to protect our rights.

Carry on.

formerly posting as white dog
Re: Ar was the weapon ! [Re: riverratdm] #7591037
05/25/22 02:05 PM
05/25/22 02:05 PM
McGrath, AK
W
white17 Offline

"General (Mr.Sunshine) Washington"
white17  Offline

"General (Mr.Sunshine) Washington"
W

McGrath, AK
Originally Posted by riverratdm
Kid was a tranny. Had mental issues, also an immigrant here illegally. To say it is the guns fualt is pretty far down the list.

He was born in North Dakota from what I read

Mean As Nails
Re: Ar was the weapon ! [Re: Blaine County] #7591039
05/25/22 02:08 PM
05/25/22 02:08 PM
AK
F
FairbanksLS Offline
trapper
FairbanksLS  Offline
trapper
F

AK
Originally Posted by Blaine County
Is anyone surprised that jbyrd would has this opinion? He's a bum that leeches off society and demonstrates profound ignorance in each and every post he has makes on this site.

He did it again here.

You’re almost sounding like a hater! No problem it happens when people feel trapped and out of control with what’s near and dear to their heart.

Re: Ar was the weapon ! [Re: NWS,LLC] #7591041
05/25/22 02:10 PM
Georgia
warrior Online content
trapper
warrior  Online Content
trapper

Georgia
Originally Posted by NWS,LLC
I know around here dealers have refused sales to whack jobs which they have every right. Maybe this kid put on a good appearance in the shop.

I'm quite sure there are. But they are skating on thin ice. One ethnic, or lifestyle choice gets denied and some ACLU type will be serving them papers.

I remember years ago working a sporting goods counter being told by management that I could not refuse to sell ammo to anyone unless that crip bandana wearing gentleman clearly stated his next stop was a drive by.

[Linked Image]
Re: Ar was the weapon ! [Re: FairbanksLS] #7591042
Blaine County Offline
trapper
Blaine County  Offline
trapper

Originally Posted by white dog
Originally Posted by Blaine County

He did it again here.

You’re almost sounding like a hater! No problem it happens when people feel trapped and out of control with what’s near and dear to their heart.

I've been consistent on the jbyrd issue. See search function for my prior work.

Re: Ar was the weapon ! [Re: jbyrd63] #7591043
05/25/22 02:12 PM
05/25/22 02:12 PM
Co.-Wy. part time AK.
W
wy.wolfer Offline
trapper
wy.wolfer  Offline
trapper
W

Co.-Wy. part time AK.
High capacity rapid fire weapons started with the Spencer rifle during the American Civil war, so they have been around for a long time. The issue is more about mental illness than about guns. That's what needs to be addressed to combat these types of events, and my opinion is that they will continue until something is done to address mental health in America first. There's a lot of hatred and divisiveness being spread around today, and being connected to social media and the internet constantly has been proven to be part of the mental health issues we have today. These mass murders never used to happen with this frequency.

Re: Ar was the weapon ! [Re: jbyrd63] #7591048
05/25/22 02:16 PM
05/25/22 02:16 PM
AK
F
FairbanksLS Offline
trapper
FairbanksLS  Offline
trapper
F

AK

I’ll take your word for it. Consistency doesn’t change the tone of your post.

Now back to the problems we face as gun owners who want to protect the 2nd and children.

Re: Ar was the weapon ! [Re: jbyrd63] #7591051
05/25/22 02:20 PM
05/25/22 02:20 PM
NC - Here there and everywhere
C
coondagger2 Offline
"Brat"
coondagger2  Offline
"Brat"
C

NC - Here there and everywhere
Originally Posted by jbyrd63
Originally Posted by coondagger2
Another day, another facet of life that jbyrd has become the expert at

No coondagger not claiming to be an expert. But you guys mouth and boast "this is America people have the right to their opinions" I give mine and I'm the devil coming to your door for your guns. LOl

I don't see the need to have one I won't buy one. It is America you have the right to buy as many as you want until it's not allowed. You have the right to your opinion as why you need one. But like most folks now adays someone disagrees with you and No holds barred. Call them stupid , ignorant, communist , ect. Dems call everyone that doesn't believe the way they do racist and you pounce . What's makes you guys any better than the idiot liberals that mouth if someone makes a point they don't like.... ???

jbyrd, calm down brother. Don't let your emotions cloud your judgement. You are very quick to say that "folks now adays someone disagrees with you and No holds barred. Call them stupid , ignorant, communist , ect" and then you follow that by saying " idiot liberals"

It seems to me like you are describing yourself

Gotta live up to the nickname...
Re: Ar was the weapon ! [Re: Yes sir] #7591053
05/25/22 02:23 PM
05/25/22 02:23 PM
Indiana
P
Providence Farm Offline
trapper
Providence Farm  Offline
trapper
P

Indiana
Originally Posted by Yes sir
Originally Posted by ~ADC~
jbyrd, I've always tried to give you the benefit of the doubt when so many here say or imply you are an idiot. I'll no longer make that mistake. ANYONE who gives the weapon ANY level of responsibility in this, or any shooting,,, ... wow. How ignorant. mad

I'm in the same boat......

Yep I just lost all respect I ever gave him. Typically Fudd mentality. All I need to hunt with is. Guess what they will call your deer gun? It will be a sniper rifle. You forget the guy shooting people fom the tower with a bolt gun

The 2nd amendment is not about hunting. You sir are making me sad for our country it truly lost.. Better start voting Democrat. Your acting like one.

Last edited by Providence Farm; 05/25/22 02:25 PM.
Re: Ar was the weapon ! [Re: wy.wolfer] #7591055
05/25/22 02:24 PM
05/25/22 02:24 PM
AK
F
FairbanksLS Offline
trapper
FairbanksLS  Offline
trapper
F

AK
Originally Posted by wy.wolfer
High capacity rapid fire weapons started with the Spencer rifle during the American Civil war, so they have been around for a long time. The issue is more about mental illness than about guns. That's what needs to be addressed to combat these types of events, and my opinion is that they will continue until something is done to address mental health in America first. There's a lot of hatred and divisiveness being spread around today, and being connected to social media and the internet constantly has been proven to be part of the mental health issues we have today. These mass murders never used to happen with this frequency.

As someone who has to deal with mental illness in his family it is virtually impossible to get help for someone over the age of 18 that doesn’t want that help. How do you propose to change that? I’m all ears.

Last edited by white dog; 05/25/22 02:24 PM.

Re: Ar was the weapon ! [Re: jbyrd63] #7591061
05/25/22 02:31 PM
05/25/22 02:31 PM
Idaho Falls, ID
G
Grandpa Trapper Offline
trapper
Grandpa Trapper  Offline
trapper
G

Idaho Falls, ID
I didn’t realize there were still anti-second amendment hunters, trappers and gun owners.

Re: Ar was the weapon ! [Re: Grandpa Trapper] #7591063
05/25/22 02:34 PM
05/25/22 02:34 PM
East of the Mason-Dixon Line
DelawareRob Offline
trapper
DelawareRob  Offline
trapper

Originally Posted by Grandpa Trapper
I didn’t realize there were still anti-second amendment hunters, trappers and gun owners.

Lots of them. they are easily spotted. The key identifier is... I support the second amendment, But...

That let's you know they don't actually support the second amendment or individual rights.

Even going beyond that and dig a little deeper.

A bunch of gun owners out there say, I support the right to own guns, but only the guns I like to own or think you should be allowed to own. Because they don't see the use for that tool.
A bunch of hunters out there say, I support hunting, but not all hunting or that type of hunting.
A bunch of trappers out there say, I support trapping, but not that type of trapping.

They usually have that viewpoint because they haven't been exposed to that type of hunting, trapping or firearm so they don't like it.

Like hunting deer or bear or cougars with dogs, they haven't done it so are against it. Some of those same people use a dog to hunt upland birds, squirrels, racoons or rabbits and think nothing of it.

Who is John Galt?

You don't rise to the occasion, you fall to the level of your training.

Semper Paratus
Re: Ar was the weapon ! [Re: jbyrd63] #7591066
05/25/22 02:37 PM
05/25/22 02:37 PM
james bay frontierOnt.
B
Boco Offline
trapper
Boco  Offline
trapper
B

james bay frontierOnt.
The gun nuts will never be allowed to have anything near what the government has,regardless what it says on an old piece of paper.

Last edited by Boco; 05/25/22 02:37 PM.

Forget that fear of gravity-get a little savagery in your life.
Re: Ar was the weapon ! [Re: jbyrd63] #7591067
05/25/22 02:38 PM
05/25/22 02:38 PM
Georgia
warrior Online content
trapper
warrior  Online Content
trapper

Georgia
Here you go jbyrd, all you need for deer hunting. But expect to have turn in the scope as that would be a dangerous accessory and you'll need to get it in a different caliber as that's a military round.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Re: Ar was the weapon ! [Re: jbyrd63] #7591068
05/25/22 02:41 PM
05/25/22 02:41 PM
Wi.
D
Diggerman Offline
trapper
Diggerman  Offline
trapper
D

Wi.
Originally Posted by jbyrd63
By design most of my rifles hold 4 rounds . My henry 22 holds 16 in the tube. Hand guns 15-17 round clips. Don't own an AR never have never will. I hunt any and everything I want to with a bolt gun.

Jump up and pump your chest . I don't give a rats behind who owns what or how many . But all the AR's ever made aren't worth one child's life. Could he have done the same carnage with another weapon ? You bet . But the question ANY parent or clear thinking adult must ask. WOULD he have done this if he hadn't had the knowledge of what the weapon was capable of doing? We will never know...THATS more of the issue than gun control stopping at these style of weapons.
Most criminals won't undertake a crime if they don't have the equipment they think they need to pull it off. How many mass shooters show up with a 4 shot bolt gun? EVERY one of the shooters in this lifetime have used something with a high capacity or rapid reload weapon. So don't start that crap . Just google the AR and who and what it was designed for ? That's where the argument looses traction. Heck a hatchet can kill but none of the mass killings in the US where done with one.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ArmaLite_AR-15

So what if he showed up with 2 five gallon gas cans and a match? Would that make you feel better?

Re: Ar was the weapon ! [Re: jbyrd63] #7591075
05/25/22 02:52 PM
05/25/22 02:52 PM
North East Kansas
Marty Offline
trapper
Marty  Offline
trapper

North East Kansas
I have an ar and will be keeping it and my 30round mags....thanks anyway.

E
'Honey Badger Militia'
Sleep, the anti woke adote.
Re: Ar was the weapon ! [Re: Marty] #7591078
05/25/22 02:54 PM
05/25/22 02:54 PM
DelawareRob Offline
trapper
DelawareRob  Offline
trapper

Originally Posted by Marty
I have an ar and will be keeping it and my 30round mags....thanks anyway.

Perfect example that refutes Jbyrds claim about someone not agreeing with someone else on opinion and they jump on them.

Me and Marty don't agree on a few things. But, we agree on this....

Who is John Galt?

You don't rise to the occasion, you fall to the level of your training.

Semper Paratus
Re: Ar was the weapon ! [Re: ~ADC~] #7591083
05/25/22 03:04 PM
05/25/22 03:04 PM
Minnesota
330-Trapper Offline

trapper
330-Trapper  Offline

trapper

Minnesota
Originally Posted by ~ADC~
jbyrd, I've always tried to give you the benefit of the doubt when so many here say or imply you are an idiot. I'll no longer make that mistake. ANYONE who gives the weapon ANY level of responsibility in this, or any shooting,,, ... wow. How ignorant. mad

Correct

NRA and NTA Life Member
www.BackroadsRevised@etsy.com

Page 5 of 16 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 15 16
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread