No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: Attended a different kind of wedding yesterday [Re: ] #7593895
05/29/22 01:02 PM
05/29/22 01:02 PM
williamsburg ks
D
danny clifton Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
danny clifton  Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
D

williamsburg ks
Wiccans call them selves pagans. https://people.howstuffworks.com/paganism.htm

Those who would give up essential liberty, to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)
Re: Attended a different kind of wedding yesterday [Re: ] #7593899
05/29/22 01:11 PM
05/29/22 01:11 PM
james bay frontierOnt.
B
Boco Offline
trapper
Boco  Offline
trapper
B

james bay frontierOnt.
Its none of your(all of you) buisness how they want to wed.
If you cant be happy for them,dont go.
People go to a wedding to celebrate and show support for the couple getting married,not to denigrate them or their ceremony.

Forget that fear of gravity-get a little savagery in your life.
Re: Attended a different kind of wedding yesterday [Re: Boco] #7593927
05/29/22 02:00 PM
05/29/22 02:00 PM
Iowa
C
CTRAPS Offline
trapper
CTRAPS  Offline
trapper
C

Iowa
Originally Posted by Boco
Its none of your(all of you) buisness how they want to wed.
If you cant be happy for them,dont go.
People go to a wedding to celebrate and show support for the couple getting married,not to denigrate them or their ceremony.

I wonder how many people might have not went, had they known before hand about God not being welcomed or wouldn't be mentioned at the ceremony? I know I wouldn't have went if that were the case.

All of us are entitled to our own opinions. Even the heathens.

Life Member: ITA, IBA & NRA. Member of SA, FTA & NTA
Re: Attended a different kind of wedding yesterday [Re: ] #7593938
05/29/22 02:07 PM
05/29/22 02:07 PM
Arkansas
W
Wallace Offline
trapper
Wallace  Offline
trapper
W

Arkansas
Condemning non-believers is no way to spread the good news

Re: Attended a different kind of wedding yesterday [Re: ] #7593960
05/29/22 02:42 PM
05/29/22 02:42 PM
alabama
BandB Offline
trapper
BandB  Offline
trapper

alabama
Condemnation? Which post?

Re: Attended a different kind of wedding yesterday [Re: ] #7593972
05/29/22 03:00 PM
05/29/22 03:00 PM
Idaho Falls, ID
G
Grandpa Trapper Offline
trapper
Grandpa Trapper  Offline
trapper
G

Idaho Falls, ID
They said they didn’t want politics to be discussed but then they say they love this President?

Re: Attended a different kind of wedding yesterday [Re: ] #7593976
05/29/22 03:03 PM
05/29/22 03:03 PM
Killingly, CT
Brian Mongeau Offline
trapper
Brian Mongeau  Offline
trapper

Killingly, CT
I don't usually get into religious discussions. I keep my beliefs to myself for the most part. Seems most guys on this site believe in the bible and the constitution.
Forgive me if I misquote, I'm going from memory.

Doesn't the bible says something like:
Judge not lest ye be judged?
Lots of judgement going on in this thread, from all you God fearing folk.

The Constitution has some lines about Freedom of Religion (or not), and Freedom for Pursuit of Happiness. THEIR happiness, not yours.
This couple may not agree with your (Our) ideology (religious or political), but it was an official ceremony for them, not you. They found a pastor to do the ceremony, so what. Maybe a JP or a boat capt wasn't available.
Maybe we should find some common ground instead of bickering all the time, and be happy for the young newlyweds.

Re: Attended a different kind of wedding yesterday [Re: ] #7593979
05/29/22 03:06 PM
05/29/22 03:06 PM
ND
M
MJM Offline
trapper
MJM  Offline
trapper
M

ND
Why do thumpers think they need to judge people on everything? Live your life and stay out of other peoples. Why should anyone care about their wedding?

"Not Really, Not Really"
Mark J Monti
"MJM you're a jerk."
Re: Attended a different kind of wedding yesterday [Re: ] #7594022
05/29/22 04:29 PM
05/29/22 04:29 PM
Champaign County, Ohio.
K
KeithC Offline
trapper
KeithC  Offline
trapper
K

Champaign County, Ohio.
Weddings like this one will become increasingly more common in the US. Only 65% of US citizens identify as Christians and most of those are not strong believers. Only 41% of Americans, of any religion, attend any sort of service. 26% of Americans don't have a religion and that number continues to grow as the number of Christians declines.

Keith

Re: Attended a different kind of wedding yesterday [Re: Oh Snap] #7594032
05/29/22 05:01 PM
05/29/22 05:01 PM
East-Central Wisconsin
B
bblwi Online content
trapper
bblwi  Online Content
trapper
B

East-Central Wisconsin
To each there own. As the agnostic said to the athiest, I admire your faith!

At least they had a church wedding. The number of non church weddings is growing dramatically every decade.

Bryce

Re: Attended a different kind of wedding yesterday [Re: ] #7594043
05/29/22 05:25 PM
05/29/22 05:25 PM
Ky
J
jbyrd63 Offline
trapper
jbyrd63  Offline
trapper
J

Ky
Yes got a sister in law claims to be an atheist Makes my wife mad when I ask why we get them Christmas gifts if they don’t believe in god or his son ? Just asking lol
But they took money and gifts from believers!

Re: Attended a different kind of wedding yesterday [Re: ] #7594047
05/29/22 05:35 PM
05/29/22 05:35 PM
NY
R
rendezvous Offline
trapper
rendezvous  Offline
trapper
R

NY
Originally Posted by Mark June
Originally Posted by warrior
Interesting that pagans would want the semblance of His order for man yet deny His existence much less His blessings.

Why bother?

I chatted with the minister afterwards and he was a quiet guy it seemed who told me that the Brewery where the wedding was held, contacted him, and that he had given the couple "what they wanted."

I didn't mention to him that as a minister of the Bible, in my denomination at least (I go before a pastoral council of the Evangelical Free Church of America for licensing - which precedes ordination - in about 10 days), because of our affirmation faith statements, I wouldn't marry someone in the context we witnessed. Not merely no mention of God, but a specific dishonoring of His Genesis 2:24 "One-flesh" covenant which the family is built upon.

Now days I guess, we build our own Towers of Babel, however those look to make our names great.
We all are prone to it.
I just found it interesting some proclaim it as they do.

Blessings,
Mark

A minister desecrated the ceremony for non-believers? Besmirching the Bible and the minister is probably "what they wanted", especially when they could have easily had a civil ceremony?

Let's go Brandon!
Re: Attended a different kind of wedding yesterday [Re: ] #7594175
05/29/22 08:28 PM
05/29/22 08:28 PM
Idaho Falls, ID
G
Grandpa Trapper Offline
trapper
Grandpa Trapper  Offline
trapper
G

Idaho Falls, ID
I don’t understand the reasoning to have a church wedding if one doesn’t believe in God? Must be far left liberals since they usually don’t make sense anyway.

Re: Attended a different kind of wedding yesterday [Re: ] #7594186
05/29/22 08:38 PM
05/29/22 08:38 PM
williamsburg ks
D
danny clifton Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
danny clifton  Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
D

williamsburg ks
Easiest way to get married is just saying your married. File taxes as married. You dont HAVE to buy a license and get registered at the courthouse. here in KS you can register at the court house if you want to without buying license as common law. you file a married filing jointly tax return though that will do it.

Those who would give up essential liberty, to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)
Re: Attended a different kind of wedding yesterday [Re: ] #7594287
05/29/22 11:19 PM
05/29/22 11:19 PM
Jackson Co, KS
N
NEYotetrapper Offline
trapper
NEYotetrapper  Offline
trapper
N

Jackson Co, KS
My 2 cents. They didnt announce their beliefs prior to the ceremony because it would be too hard to rub it in everyones face that didnt agree with them if they did so. I wont take this thread down another track, but look at all the other non traditional people, behaviors, and attitudes that are everywhere these days. It comes down to those people wanting to be the center of attention at all costs.

Re: Attended a different kind of wedding yesterday [Re: ] #7594292
05/29/22 11:41 PM
05/29/22 11:41 PM
james bay frontierOnt.
B
Boco Offline
trapper
Boco  Offline
trapper
B

james bay frontierOnt.
Yea who would ever expect the bride and groom to be the center of attention at their own wedding.
What a couple self centered jerks.

Forget that fear of gravity-get a little savagery in your life.
Re: Attended a different kind of wedding yesterday [Re: ] #7594317
05/30/22 05:34 AM
05/30/22 05:34 AM

M
Mark June OP
Unregistered
Mark June OP
Unregistered
M

Good morning Boco!
Happy Memorial Day sir.

As a comment to your comment, of course the bride and groom would be a focus of their wedding day but the question isn't about the civil arrangement called marriage... that's a matter for the laws and regulations of a culture. So people can do just about whatever they wish including common law which I think is what Danny was getting at, whereby you sign a legal document together in Texas for example and guess what; You are married in the eyes of the law.

But what was intriguing to me was to witness a marital commitment and familiar gathering where the bride and groom gather family and friends and instruct a Christian pastor to hold their wedding at a brewery (which was a nice place) and to make sure everyone who attends realizes, by the statements of the pastor and by the prepared statements of the couple that they are opposed to the heritge of what has been the traditional marriage for quite some time.

If you want to get married, get married.
If you don't want God's name uttered at your wedding don't utter it.
But why gather people, most of whom they really don't know know well anyway, and instruct them on what will be talked about rather than just...
get married.

I know why, but like I said earlier Donna hadn't seen her cousins in decades and we just simply decided to enjoy good Polish company (and we did).
The "why" is that God created one man and one woman in His Image, and God alone created one man and one woman for marriage and procreation so that people, as God's ambassadors could rule over creation on earth.

Scripture, Genesis 2:23-24 has it all laid out for us, so that all of us can know the True plan for one man and one woman;

It ends with;
For this reason a man shall leave his father and his mother, and be joined to his wife; and they shall become one flesh.

For what reason?
Well, all the verses before it, including a married couple being God's wonderfully crafted and covenanted couple to rule over all creation.
Verse 23 reads;
The Lord God fashioned into a woman the rib which He had taken from the man, and brought her to the man.
The man said, “This is now bone of my bones, and flesh of my flesh; She shall be called Woman, because she was taken out of Man.

It's actually grand and marvelous imagery of what a marriage is, and was always meant to be.
God's plan.
Pretty simple.
Pretty basic.
Forever and ever kind of wonderment.

Now-a-days the people God crafted to be in charge, ruling with Him, have decided to go it alone.
And the stats show us exactly how well that's working out.
But we don't care about stats when we covet what we covet, and so Donna and I and about 100 more saw at this wedding at a brewery that people don't want God in attendance.
And I was surprised, (but not really) that a Christian pastor would officiate such a wedding.

This couple might just have gone the JOP wedding route and called it good.
But they knew the deep Roman Catholic roots of this Polish family and decided to stand opposed to the family's religious heritage (which runs deep).
I know it was done purposely to show the older Polocks that these younger Polocks have the new way to forge.
The illusion of original ideas is what they have.
It's kinda where we're all at in case no one's been watching.

Rogue is in style.

Blessings,
Mark

Re: Attended a different kind of wedding yesterday [Re: T-Rex] #7594325
05/30/22 06:25 AM
05/30/22 06:25 AM

M
Mark June OP
Unregistered
Mark June OP
Unregistered
M

Originally Posted by T-Rex
That is one honest couple to whom I give a lot of credit. Right off the top prohibiting any talk of religion or politics. They probably saved a bunch of family feuds at the reception.

BTW I probably could have performed that ceremony with my mail order credentials. smile

So the question we would ask is; "Is a wedding ceremony for the bride and groom only or does it have anything to do with those gathered together as witness to the wedding?"

Re: Attended a different kind of wedding yesterday [Re: Brian Mongeau] #7594331
05/30/22 06:39 AM
05/30/22 06:39 AM

M
Mark June OP
Unregistered
Mark June OP
Unregistered
M

Originally Posted by Brian Mongeau
I don't usually get into religious discussions. I keep my beliefs to myself for the most part. Seems most guys on this site believe in the bible and the constitution.
Forgive me if I misquote, I'm going from memory.

Doesn't the bible says something like:
Judge not lest ye be judged?
Lots of judgement going on in this thread, from all you God fearing folk.

The Constitution has some lines about Freedom of Religion (or not), and Freedom for Pursuit of Happiness. THEIR happiness, not yours.
This couple may not agree with your (Our) ideology (religious or political), but it was an official ceremony for them, not you. They found a pastor to do the ceremony, so what. Maybe a JP or a boat capt wasn't available.
Maybe we should find some common ground instead of bickering all the time, and be happy for the young newlyweds.

Inaccurate context of the Gospel of Matthew Brian.
If you're referencing Matthew's recording of Jesus' teaching in Matthew 7:1-2;
“Do not judge so that you will not be judged. For in the way you judge, you will be judged; and by your standard of measure, it will be measured to you.....
it simply means start by assessing yourself first.
And use God's teachings as your guide.

Of course we are to judge ALL THINGS.
Most of all ourselves.

Only our flesh, the world, and Satan tells us do not judge, or judge others first and don't worry about what I do.

That verse, and a handful more, have been used routinely to silence believers in an attempt to warp God's teachings when in fact Jesus teachings are for us to use.
To nourish us, guide us, and show us the righteous path for our lives.

Nothing new of course.
"Did God truly say...." was uttered by the father of all lies way back when and he's still in our midst.

Blessings!
Mark

Re: Attended a different kind of wedding yesterday [Re: ] #7594339
05/30/22 07:14 AM
05/30/22 07:14 AM
Maine, Aroostook
Posco Offline
trapper
Posco  Offline
trapper

Maine, Aroostook
Fifty years ago, Billy Graham held a "crusade" in Seoul, South Korea. The largest ever assembled with 1.1 million people in attendance. This morning, two hundred South Koreans are spreading out across America to pray for this country. Seven of them will be in my little hometown today.

America once evangelized the world but now parts of the Christian world feel the need to come to our rescue. Slavery might have been our original sin, but it's been dwarfed by others. We're under judgement.

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread