No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Re: No need for semi-automatic rifles? [Re: HobbieTrapper] #7594419
05/30/22 08:50 AM
05/30/22 08:50 AM
Rodney,Ohio
SNIPERBBB Offline
trapper
SNIPERBBB  Offline
trapper

Rodney,Ohio
Originally Posted by HobbieTrapper
The inability to suffer humiliation seems to be a common thread with these shooters. It’s normally something learned as a kid losing in competition.

I would say rather that they don't have the support system at home or elsewhere that can teach them how to deal with it. If you're not taught how to harness negative emotions into something positive or at least benign, it will just eat at you until something breaks.

Re: No need for semi-automatic rifles? [Re: danny clifton] #7594426
05/30/22 08:58 AM
05/30/22 08:58 AM

J
J Staton
Unregistered
J Staton
Unregistered
J

Originally Posted by danny clifton
Flicker shad, young people are who were being committed. Tested at school when problems arose. People who were mentally slow were sent to a different school instead of holding back the rest of the class.

If this shooter, or any shooter for that matter, makes a plan for shooting up a school are they clinically insane?
Yes. Wanting to commit mass murder is definitely a symptom of mental illness.

Look at Ted Bundy. A psychopath. Nuttier than a pet coon. Doesn't mean he was incapable of planning and executing a crime. Doesn't mean he didnt know right from wrong. He had no personal sense of right and wrong but knew what society expected.

Confining the mentally ill won't stop mass murder but it will lower the incidence significantly.

I was speaking in the sense of having someone committed. If the rules for criminal insanity apply to having someone committed, that would be tough to prove. Bundy couldn't even sell insanity and he met the executioner.

Re: No need for semi-automatic rifles? [Re: seniortrap] #7594427
05/30/22 09:01 AM
05/30/22 09:01 AM
Arkansas
W
WhiteCliffs Offline
trapper
WhiteCliffs  Offline
trapper
W

Arkansas
The left is fighting for more gun control and at the same time, fostering the illegal use of guns. You cant have it both ways. Liberal judges return criminals to the street. Liberals make lifetime criminals, wrongly killed by a cop, into hero's. Liberals banned church congregations from meeting during covid - yet cheered those on the left burning, looting, and killing - and even bailed out of jail some of the few who were incarcerated. Liberals promoting drug use by legalizing hard drugs, handing out crack pipes, and promoting illegals crossings our southern border - where most of these drugs enter. Drugs drive most of the big city shootings. Cops have their hands tied because the liberals want to protect the rights of the criminals. When a cop wrongly kills someone, the libs blame the cop - as they should. When a deranged maniac shoots up the school - they blame the gun. Libs demonize those who want religion. We are way to far past the tipping point to bring it back - and if the libs looked in the mirror - they will see the problem, but wont believe what they see.

Re: No need for semi-automatic rifles? [Re: seniortrap] #7594429
05/30/22 09:03 AM
05/30/22 09:03 AM
williamsburg ks
D
danny clifton Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
danny clifton  Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
D

williamsburg ks
If a person knows right from wrong, just being mentally ill is not a defense

Those who would give up essential liberty, to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)
Re: No need for semi-automatic rifles? [Re: WhiteCliffs] #7594471
05/30/22 10:05 AM
05/30/22 10:05 AM
mn north of blakely
S
Steven 49er Offline
trapper
Steven 49er  Offline
trapper
S

mn north of blakely
Originally Posted by WhiteCliffs
I dont consider my AR’s assault weapons - I consider them anti assault weapons. To me, an AR 15 is the finest hunting weapon ever made - for my purposes. No, I wouldnt take one on an elk or elephant hunt - but for deer, black bear, hogs, antelope, varmints, etc - they are hard to beat. My 6.5 Grendel with the collapsable stock fits my ten yr old grand daughter - or my son who is 6’3”. All picatinny scope rings fit my PSA .300 aac or my Remington AR 15 .450 Bushmaster or Daniel Defense .308 AR 10. I can mount red dots, night lights, thermals, night vision, regular scopes - almost any optic made. I can use a five round mag for deer hunting or a 30 rd mag for hogs. The mags fit all my guns of like caliber - and some of different calibers. The same timney trigger fits every one of my rifles. I can go prairie dog hunting with a .223 during the day, and in 30 seconds, swap out the upper to a .450 bushmaster and thermal for night time hogs. Stocks, forearms, barrels, bolts, etc are largely interchangeable. I cant think of a better designed HUNTING rifle for small to medium sized game than an AR style rifle.

This about sums up the beauty and versatility of a modern sporting rifle. I have a fair amount of money into my lower, in twenty seconds I can swap out the upper and have a completely different and quality rifle. I have a QD on my thermal and in 30 seconds I can take it off one upper and have it on another. I can save 5 different sight in settings on it. Typically two or three shots it's ready to go. The more people break out of their paradigms the more popular the MSM will become. A hunter can get an AR from a 17 center up and beyond a 7mm mag with about everything in between and with accuracy that will match most bolt action rifles. A thousand yard AR is not that difficult to build.

"Inflation is always and everywhere a monetary phenomenon". Milton Friedman.
Re: No need for semi-automatic rifles? [Re: SNIPERBBB] #7594486
05/30/22 10:33 AM
05/30/22 10:33 AM
Northeast Oklahoma
M
Mike in A-town Offline
trapper
Mike in A-town  Offline
trapper
M

Northeast Oklahoma
Originally Posted by SNIPERB🦝
The "need" argument is probably the weakest argument to make against guns for the purposes of the second amendment. To make that argument, the assumption has to be basically a one on one duel situation, which coincidentally was legal for a long time in this country.

When they say that I don't "need" an AR-15, they're correct. I don't need one... right now. But accuracy is not an accident and being proficient with a gun is a perishable skill. When the time comes that I do need one, I don't want to be scrambling to get one and wasting time learning to be proficient with one.

You don't shop around and buy flood insurance when you notice water is running under your door.

I won't recommend everyone get an AR... But I will recommend anyone choose the platform they are comfortable with and become proficient in its use. You can still be a peaceful person without being a harmless person.

Mike

One man with a gun may control 100 others who have none.

Vladimir Lenin
Re: No need for semi-automatic rifles? [Re: charles] #7594489
05/30/22 10:35 AM
05/30/22 10:35 AM
Indiana
P
Providence Farm Offline
trapper
Providence Farm  Offline
trapper
P

Indiana
Originally Posted by charles
An assault weapon used in a non-military application such as hog hunting or target shooting does not remove it from its primary design and definition as an assault weapon. There are many classic military rifles that do not meet my definition of an assault weapon (Mauser 98s come to mind, even the Gaarand), but I am hard-pressed to see that AR and AK knock offs are far removed from their original purpose, which is to efficiently and quickly kill as many people as possible.

I guess those Mauser 98s and m 1 grands were not assault rifles when Hittler invaded or say when we assaulted on D day.

Muskets, bows,spears, and swords were once the premier assault weapons of their day. The black powder revolvers sure could lay down the fire during the Civil war..

Your logic is flawed severely.
See the above post on the versatility of the AR platform. Yes my kids hunt with them sometimes. Infact that's why o put my 300 black out together. Easy adjustment for size, compact, low recoil, low noise(suppressor equipped) and enough power to do the job even if on the lighter side.

Re: No need for semi-automatic rifles? [Re: seniortrap] #7594533
05/30/22 12:05 PM
05/30/22 12:05 PM
james bay frontierOnt.
B
Boco Offline
trapper
Boco  Offline
trapper
B

james bay frontierOnt.
Get yourselves a mess of them javelin missiles.they look like a lot of fun and besides the govt has a ton so you better catch up.

Forget that fear of gravity-get a little savagery in your life.
Re: No need for semi-automatic rifles? [Re: Boco] #7594536
05/30/22 12:08 PM
05/30/22 12:08 PM
Eastern Shore of Maryland
HobbieTrapper Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"
HobbieTrapper  Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"

Originally Posted by Boco
Get yourselves a mess of them javelin missiles.they look like a lot of fun and besides the govt has a ton so you better catch up.

We don’t need to kill the numbers those things will kill, just 600 or so would do the trick. Probably could get that done with a thousand rounds or less.

-Goofy-
Re: No need for semi-automatic rifles? [Re: seniortrap] #7594553
05/30/22 12:30 PM
05/30/22 12:30 PM
james bay frontierOnt.
B
Boco Offline
trapper
Boco  Offline
trapper
B

james bay frontierOnt.
Your kidding yourself.
if that was the case you could just drag them out into the street and beat them to death.

Last edited by Boco; 05/30/22 12:32 PM.

Re: No need for semi-automatic rifles? [Re: seniortrap] #7594560
05/30/22 12:38 PM
05/30/22 12:38 PM
Arkansas
W
WhiteCliffs Offline
trapper
WhiteCliffs  Offline
trapper
W

Arkansas
Crazy govt here sends rifles to Ukraine while trying to keep them out of the hands of their own citizens. I bet the Ukrainian people wish they would have had 120 guns per 100 population instead of 9 guns per 100. Better to have and not need than need and not have.

Re: No need for semi-automatic rifles? [Re: Boco] #7594562
05/30/22 12:41 PM
05/30/22 12:41 PM
Northeast Oklahoma
M
Mike in A-town Offline
trapper
Mike in A-town  Offline
trapper
M

Northeast Oklahoma
Your kidding yourself.
if that was the case you could just drag them out into the street and beat them to death.

Those terms are acceptable too.

Mike

One man with a gun may control 100 others who have none.

Vladimir Lenin
Re: No need for semi-automatic rifles? [Re: Boco] #7594565
05/30/22 12:45 PM
05/30/22 12:45 PM
Indiana
P
Providence Farm Offline
trapper
Providence Farm  Offline
trapper
P

Indiana

Well I can't because the government infringes on my rights. The constitution says arms shall not be infringed not just gun.

I would like several cased claymores to go wiith them. But I couldn't afford them anyway.

As with full auto I may not have one on the first day I may need it but I will be well equipped on the 2nd day if that day ever comes.

Last edited by Providence Farm; 05/30/22 12:55 PM.
Re: No need for semi-automatic rifles? [Re: Boco] #7594570
05/30/22 12:52 PM
05/30/22 12:52 PM
HobbieTrapper Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"
HobbieTrapper  Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"

Your kidding yourself.

It’s still early.

-Goofy-
Re: No need for semi-automatic rifles? [Re: Providence Farm] #7594609
05/30/22 01:57 PM
05/30/22 01:57 PM
McGrath, AK
W
white17 Offline

"General (Mr.Sunshine) Washington"
white17  Offline

"General (Mr.Sunshine) Washington"
W

McGrath, AK
Originally Posted by Providence Farm

Well I can't because the government infringes on my rights. The constitution says arms shall not be infringed not just gun.

Actually, it doesn't say that. It says the RIGHT (to keep and bear) arms shall not be infringed.

Mean As Nails
Re: No need for semi-automatic rifles? [Re: seniortrap] #7594627
05/30/22 02:14 PM
05/30/22 02:14 PM
Armpit, ak
D
Dirt Offline
trapper
Dirt  Offline
trapper
D

Armpit, ak
"Second Amendment
A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Who is John Galt?
Re: No need for semi-automatic rifles? [Re: seniortrap] #7594677
05/30/22 03:23 PM
05/30/22 03:23 PM
Indiana
P
Providence Farm Offline
trapper
Providence Farm  Offline
trapper
P

Indiana
Good catch I was in a hurry and obviously did not proof read.

Re: No need for semi-automatic rifles? [Re: Dirt] #7594739
05/30/22 05:13 PM
05/30/22 05:13 PM
james bay frontierOnt.
B
Boco Offline
trapper
Boco  Offline
trapper
B

james bay frontierOnt.
Originally Posted by Dirt
"Second Amendment
A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

I dont think they thought it out very well.
They didnt foresee half the people of the free state being at direct odds with the other half of the people of the free state.
They thought all the people would be on the same side against the government.

Re: No need for semi-automatic rifles? [Re: Boco] #7594758
05/30/22 05:26 PM
Northern lower Michigan
Feedinggrounds Offline
trapper
Feedinggrounds  Offline
trapper

Northern lower Michigan
Originally Posted by Dirt
"Second Amendment

I dont think they thought it out very well.
They didnt foresee half the people of the free state being at direct odds with the other half of the people of the free state.
They thought all the people would be on the same side against the government.

The half supporting the democrat led government have been bought. On the easy pay installment payment plan......As soon as prices get high enough, the free government money won't go as far. The recipients will revolt. Lol

you're only allowed so many sunrises... I aim to see every one of them!
Re: No need for semi-automatic rifles? [Re: seniortrap] #7594759
Amite county Mississippi
Wolfdog91 Offline
trapper
Wolfdog91  Offline
trapper

Amite county Mississippi
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6