No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
long term computer storage #7594887
05/30/22 07:58 PM
05/30/22 07:58 PM
Deer lodge, MT
D
Dean Chapel Offline OP
trapper
Dean Chapel  Offline OP
trapper
D

Deer lodge, MT
I'm looking for a dependable way to save articles off the internet. I don't know much about it, but feel like stuff saved to my laptop becomes pretty hard to find after awhile. Also, with the short lifespan of today's computers, I'm afraid I'd lose all that I'd saved. Any suggestions?

Re: long term computer storage [Re: Dean Chapel] #7594895
05/30/22 08:03 PM
05/30/22 08:03 PM
Manitoba
N
Northof50 Offline
trapper
Northof50  Offline
trapper
N

Manitoba
More and more USA computer components are showing up in the USSR destroyed equipment
even some off Maytag washing machines

Re: long term computer storage [Re: Dean Chapel] #7594907
05/30/22 08:15 PM
05/30/22 08:15 PM
Rodney,Ohio
SNIPERBBB Offline
trapper
SNIPERBBB  Offline
trapper

Rodney,Ohio
Well there are multiple services to back up files out there. Ultimate safest is printing the articles and sticking them in a fireproof safe. External hard drives are possibilities, though they can fail. Not quite sure about solid state drives as i haven't fooled with those yet

Ive never had a lot of luck with any removable media from 3.5" diskettes to usb flash drives and SD cards. They all seem to get corrupted after a while. Burning the things to CDs/DVDs are only as good as the disk drives as those always go bad after a while too and lot of PCs don't even have disk drives anymore.

So whatever you do, have multiple copies squirreled away

Re: long term computer storage [Re: Dean Chapel] #7594915
05/30/22 08:23 PM
05/30/22 08:23 PM
Tennessee
Scuba1 Offline
"color blind Kraut"
Scuba1  Offline
"color blind Kraut"

Tennessee
Solid state external hard drive will store anything you want to put on it. You could back up everything your computer on a regular basis.... say once a month. Then if the puter hands in its chips the most you loose is the last month worth of data.

Let's go Brandon

"Shall not comply" with morons who don't understand "shall not infringe."
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread