No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: Pastor has had enough of DemoRats [Re: Finster] #7595097
05/31/22 02:17 AM
05/31/22 02:17 AM
Amite county Mississippi
Wolfdog91 Offline
trapper
Wolfdog91  Offline
trapper

Amite county Mississippi
This whole video is nothing but pandering to religious conservatives that really wanna be the opposite of the left and if you can see that ....wellllll
Seriously when we get to the point we just condemn every one based off of what their politics are it just show how easy it is to control and manipulate the public ..... Religion should have been the one bastion where we kept politics out 100% imo..... All this is doing is further makes this an us vs them dynamic where in Reality both sides are probably being played for the fool....... The found father's warned us about political parties.....Christ we are really doomed.....

Last edited by Wolfdog91; 05/31/22 02:22 AM.
Re: Pastor has had enough of DemoRats [Re: Finster] #7595128
05/31/22 06:43 AM
05/31/22 06:43 AM
Arkansas
J
J Staton Offline
trapper
J Staton  Offline
trapper
J

Arkansas
Careful now, keep politics out of religion or you'll end up with killing of the unborn, celebration/normalization of sexual deviants. and a government who acts as God especially in determining rights.

James 1: 19-20
Re: Pastor has had enough of DemoRats [Re: waggler] #7595129
05/31/22 06:47 AM
05/31/22 06:47 AM
Arkansas
J
J Staton Offline
trapper
J Staton  Offline
trapper
J

Arkansas
Originally Posted by waggler
Taxation and politics aside, I just can't see Jesus acting like this preacher. And no, I don't see Jesus as some limp wristed namby-pamby do-gooder. He is God incarnate, He first came as a lamb, but he is returning as a lion. It will be terrifying for most people I think.

However, I really don't think it's appropriate for someone who claims to be a preacher of the Gospel (good news) to act like this guy on the video.

We are to preach the good news, not the bad news of what happens if you don't follow Jesus Christ. That will take care of itself.

Jesus preached "come to me and you will find eternal life". That is the Gospel (good news).

The bad news is that if you don't come to Jesus you will not have eternal life. I never have seen a place in the scriptures where we are told to preach the bad news.
Jesus did have plenty to say about h. e. double hockey sticks (hades), but curiously those conversations were always directed at the religious elite.

Prosperity gospel is what you speak of. Way I see it, if you want tell the whole story, your just pandering to the world. The world don't like to hear the consequences of their actions. Much rather have a "tickle your ears" sermon preached.

Re: Pastor has had enough of DemoRats [Re: Finster] #7595137
05/31/22 06:56 AM
05/31/22 06:56 AM
williamsburg ks
D
danny clifton Online content
"Grumpy Old Man"
danny clifton  Online Content
"Grumpy Old Man"
D

williamsburg ks
politics in churchs is fine (at least to my way of thinking) its religion in politics that becomes a problem.

Those who would give up essential liberty, to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)
Re: Pastor has had enough of DemoRats [Re: Blaine County] #7595140
05/31/22 07:00 AM
05/31/22 07:00 AM

M
Mark June
Unregistered
Mark June
Unregistered
M

Originally Posted by Blaine County
I'll wait for Mark to chime in on this one. He has the expertise. You don't.

After watching this clip, I'll comment that what any pastor does - who is gifted by God as such, should always be glorifying to God.
Sounds simple.
It's not. At all. There's much continual prayer involved!
Because pastors are prone to the same human condition frailties as anybody else this side of Glory.

Let's all keep in focus that Jesus is God, who was God in God's Temple as he tossed out the blasphemers and did what He thought was appropriate.
So thread lightly, and know this, that when we use a biblical narrative passage as the theme for our own tempers... "Well Jesus did it!" Well.... Jesus is God and we are not, and never will be regardless of what any Mormon might say, so this biblical passage holds no weight, and should serve no purpose for us, other than knowing this portion of God's Story.

Jesus was spot on clear in his teachings to His disciples (those he taught) and Apostles (those who saw the Risen Lord)...
the meek shall inherit the earth.
Not the weak.
Not the back away from trouble.
Not the back down from persecution which is common in the world where evil plots against the Truth.

The meek. The humble.
Over and over again Jesus taught the righteous path, which is faith in the Son, who came to testify about the Kingdom and give His life a ransom for many.

The days of the h.e. double l preachers kinda went outta style about 70 years ago or so. They were the attempt to thwart the massive immigration out of churches and into the progressive way of life from about 1850 till today in the West (Europe and America). It did not work. People left the churches in never before seen numbers and...
here we are today.

A remnant as it has always been.
Since the first people from Abraham were called Holy (set apart) by God.

Pastors come in different styles and personalities.
Since Ulrich Zwingli died on the battle field in Switzerland, in the name of the Reformation, we've had some pretty fiery ones.
For sure.

It's not heretical but it's usually not effective for what God would have pastors be and do (teach and preach the Gospel) and pastors should know and refer to the biblical narrative about the humble when preparing sermons about fiery topics.
Which is VERY hard to do by the way.
But we must be glorifying to God and not ourselves.
For God's Glory not our own.

Blessings,
Mark

Re: Pastor has had enough of DemoRats [Re: danny clifton] #7595143
05/31/22 07:13 AM
05/31/22 07:13 AM
Arkansas
J
J Staton Offline
trapper
J Staton  Offline
trapper
J

Arkansas
Originally Posted by danny clifton
politics in churchs is fine (at least to my way of thinking) its religion in politics that becomes a problem.

The Black Robbed pastors of our founding shaped a culture that led to liberty. The weak kneed pastors of our time are disengaged from the culture and liberty is headed to he-double hockey sticks.

Re: Pastor has had enough of DemoRats [Re: Finster] #7595146
05/31/22 07:23 AM
05/31/22 07:23 AM
Indiana
P
Providence Farm Offline
trapper
Providence Farm  Offline
trapper
P

Indiana
While I often feel the same way and at first liked to see it stated but that is just my faults and sin nature showing through.
We are called to spread the gospel to all sinners not just the ones that think like us. To be different from the world and lead by example not wallow in the mud. There is no way many people will ever lesson to his message about God after seeing that. It also makes all churches more of an easy target. It's sad when folks fail to look down the road and see action reaction.

I'm also glad everything I say and do are not analyzed and picked apart. I'm sure I have voiced much worse in the past.

Last edited by Providence Farm; 05/31/22 09:32 AM.
Re: Pastor has had enough of DemoRats [Re: Finster] #7595165
05/31/22 07:58 AM
05/31/22 07:58 AM
williamsburg ks
D
"Grumpy Old Man"
"Grumpy Old Man"
D

williamsburg ks
J Staton it wasn't pastors that prompted a separation from the King of England. They were not promoting liberty for everyone either.

t
Genesis 9:20-27
New International Version
20 Noah, a man of the soil, proceeded[a] to plant a vineyard. 21 When he drank some of its wine, he became drunk and lay uncovered inside his tent. 22 Ham, the father of Canaan, saw his father naked and told his two brothers outside. 23 But Shem and Japheth took a garment and laid it across their shoulders; then they walked in backward and covered their father’s naked body. Their faces were turned the other way so that they would not see their father naked.

24 When Noah awoke from his wine and found out what his youngest son had done to him, 25 he said,

“Cursed be Canaan!
The lowest of slaves
will he be to his brothers.”

26 He also said,

“Praise be to the Lord, the God of Shem!
May Canaan be the slave of Shem.
27 May God extend Japheth’s[b] territory;
may Japheth live in the tents of Shem,
and may Canaan be the slave of Japheth.”

Preachers of the day said Ham had sinned against righteous Noah, so God cursed his son Canaan and his descendants by destining them to perpetual servitude (Gen. 9:25–27). Just as Cain had a mark on him (Gen. 4:15), so the Hebrew meaning of Ham’s name was “dark or black”—hence the mark on the cursed dark-skinned peoples of Africa. They were destined to continual subjugation, which is evident throughout history.
Thats not new age tear down our country revision of history. I read about it more than 50 years ago. Its just the way people believed. Not all of them but most.

Just like us the people in that time had flaws. Preachers too

Those who would give up essential liberty, to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)
Re: Pastor has had enough of DemoRats [Re: Finster] #7595167
05/31/22 08:00 AM
05/31/22 08:00 AM
williamsburg ks
D
"Grumpy Old Man"
"Grumpy Old Man"
D

williamsburg ks
P.S. if you think that idea is gone attend a Ku Klux Klan meeting. They are christian also.

Re: Pastor has had enough of DemoRats [Re: danny clifton] #7595175
05/31/22 08:21 AM
05/31/22 08:21 AM
Fredonia, PA.
Finster Offline OP
trapper
Finster  Offline OP
trapper

Fredonia, PA.
P.S. if you think that idea is gone attend a Ku Klux Klan meeting. They are christian also.

Too many Democrats there for my liking. grin

I BELIEVE IN MY GOD, MY COUNTRY AND IN MYSELF.
Re: Pastor has had enough of DemoRats [Re: Finster] #7595186
05/31/22 08:48 AM
05/31/22 08:48 AM
Maine, Aroostook
Posco Offline
trapper
Posco  Offline
trapper

Maine, Aroostook
We don't poll our church members for political party affiliation, but I'd guess there might have been two Democrats in the churches I've attended over the last thirty years.

Re: Pastor has had enough of DemoRats [Re: Finster] #7595206
05/31/22 09:20 AM
Georgia
warrior Online content
trapper
warrior  Online Content
trapper

Georgia
I feel one thing is being missed here.

Church discipline.

That pastor not only has the right but the duty to call out and rebuke those within the church who are going against scripture.

Last edited by warrior; 05/31/22 09:20 AM.

[Linked Image]
Re: Pastor has had enough of DemoRats [Re: Posco] #7595207
Beatrice, NE
L
loosegoose Offline
trapper
loosegoose  Offline
trapper
L

Beatrice, NE
Originally Posted by Posco
We don't poll our church members for political party affiliation, but I'd guess there might have been two Democrats in the churches I've attended over the last thirty years.

That's a shame. If you believe a Democrat (or anyone) isn't a Christian and is headed to (This word is unacceptable on Trapperman), then church is the very place they need to be. Church isn't a country club for the healthy, it's a hospital for the sick.
If that guy is telling people that aren't saved to get out of his church, he has no business standing up there talking.

Re: Pastor has had enough of DemoRats [Re: warrior] #7595209
05/31/22 09:23 AM
05/31/22 09:23 AM
Beatrice, NE
L
loosegoose Offline
trapper
loosegoose  Offline
trapper
L

Beatrice, NE
Originally Posted by warrior

Church discipline.

That pastor not only has the right but the duty to call out and rebuke those within the church who are going against scripture.

Church discipline applies to Christians. This guy seems to be telling the unsaved that they have no place in his church.

Re: Pastor has had enough of DemoRats [Re: loosegoose] #7595213
05/31/22 09:30 AM
05/31/22 09:30 AM
Maine, Aroostook
Posco Offline
trapper
Posco  Offline
trapper

Maine, Aroostook
Originally Posted by loosegoose

That's a shame. If you believe a Democrat (or anyone) isn't a Christian and is headed to (This word is unacceptable on Trapperman), then church is the very place they need to be. Church isn't a country club for the healthy, it's a hospital for the sick.

You make a good point. The parable of the wheat and the tares was mentioned above. The two are sown together and I have no sure way of knowing which is which.

Re: Pastor has had enough of DemoRats [Re: loosegoose] #7595222
05/31/22 09:47 AM
05/31/22 09:47 AM
Georgia
warrior Online content
trapper
warrior  Online Content
trapper

Georgia
Originally Posted by loosegoose

Church discipline.

Church discipline applies to Christians. This guy seems to be telling the unsaved that they have no place in his church.

That's not how I took it. Seems to me he is addressing the benchwarmers that have been occupying pew space for far to long. Every church has those "members in good standing" that need to get right or move on.

[Linked Image]
Re: Pastor has had enough of DemoRats [Re: Finster] #7595231
05/31/22 09:56 AM
05/31/22 09:56 AM
Maine, Aroostook
Posco Offline
trapper
Posco  Offline
trapper

Maine, Aroostook
A couple Sundays back I had a man refuse to shake my hand in church. I extended my hand and he just looked at me for a few seconds and then said he would not shake my hand. He was a mask wearer. He went on to say he thought he had contracted the dread disease at our church. He said it in a very accusatory tone. I wondered what frightened him, eternal life?

Re: Pastor has had enough of DemoRats [Re: Posco] #7595237
05/31/22 10:14 AM
05/31/22 10:14 AM
Georgia
warrior Online content
trapper
warrior  Online Content
trapper

Georgia
A couple Sundays back I had a man refuse to shake my hand in church. I extended my hand and he just looked at me for a few seconds and then said he would not shake my hand. He was a mask wearer. He went on to say he thought he had contracted the dread disease at our church. He said it in a very accusatory tone. I wondered what frightened him, eternal life?

The alternative.

[Linked Image]
Re: Pastor has had enough of DemoRats [Re: danny clifton] #7595238
05/31/22 10:15 AM
05/31/22 10:15 AM
La Crosse, WI
Macthediver Offline
trapper
Macthediver  Offline
trapper

La Crosse, WI
The solution is simple. Perhaps all churchs should be taxed? Local property tax can be exempted the same way its done for business if the local politicians want to do it. The church that gives its money away as charity, pay for a preacher etc, isn't going to pay much if any tax. Preachers have first amendment rights too.

I think the guy is just another loud mouth with pulpit and an opinion.

Our city here suffers from having around 60 or more percent tax exempt properties. So home owners were taking a beating on property taxes. What they did do is add service fees for churches and tax exempt. So the tax exempt pay for city services. Which I also get dinged for too but you see what it is at least. On my water bill is a storm water charge, supposed to go to curb gutters storm drains. A fire hydrant charge and there is a fire inspection fee now for business and none profits. I can't say I see my property taxes every being lower. But can say that tax exempt are at least paying some of what used to be included in my General property tax bill.

Mac

"Never Forget Which Way Is Up"

Re: Pastor has had enough of DemoRats [Re: warrior] #7595243
05/31/22 10:26 AM
05/31/22 10:26 AM
Beatrice, NE
L
loosegoose Offline
trapper
loosegoose  Offline
trapper
L

Beatrice, NE

That's not how I took it. Seems to me he is addressing the benchwarmers that have been occupying pew space for far to long. Every church has those "members in good standing" that need to get right or move on.

Perhaps. I can see it that way too. But in any case, he shouldn't be telling them to get out if he thinks they're not truly saved, or if they're erring greatly. He should be inviting them to come on down to the front row, listen closely, and take notes. The people he sees as taking the wide path are never gonna take the narrow path if they get booted out the door.

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread