No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Re: Here it comes... [Re: Diggerman] #7595645
05/31/22 10:55 PM
05/31/22 10:55 PM
Indiana
P
Providence Farm Offline
trapper
Providence Farm  Offline
trapper
P

Indiana
Originally Posted by Diggerman
Originally Posted by Providence Farm
Nope he just called it like it is in his last statement.

NOT, Just a cop out like all the Cathaholics that vote Democrat , promote abortions, then sit in church all pompus like. If both parties supported gun control, We would have it already. If you are too good to vote Republican, then you ARE a libtard.

Do I have to list all the republican passed gun control again? Really It I'd documented fact but I guess you want to keep Your head in the sand.

I don't feel like doing it yet again but will give you a start. 1986 and the hues amendment.

Re: Here it comes... [Re: Mike in A-town] #7595646
05/31/22 11:03 PM
05/31/22 11:03 PM
pa
H
hippie Offline
trapper
hippie  Offline
trapper
H

pa
You could also list the laws republicans shot down the last 50 years too, it'll be an extensive list compared.

How many gun laws have a third party stopped?

Last edited by hippie; 05/31/22 11:05 PM.
Re: Here it comes... [Re: Mike in A-town] #7595650
05/31/22 11:12 PM
05/31/22 11:12 PM
Southern Virginia, 50 yr old
V
VaBeagler Offline
trapper
VaBeagler  Offline
trapper
V

Everyone should be taught gun safety and handling in school. The only thing that stops a bad man with a gun is a good man with a gun.

Re: Here it comes... [Re: Mike in A-town] #7595651
05/31/22 11:13 PM
05/31/22 11:13 PM
V
VaBeagler Offline
trapper
VaBeagler  Offline
trapper
V

Proven over and over.

Re: Here it comes... [Re: Mike in A-town] #7595659
05/31/22 11:41 PM
05/31/22 11:41 PM
Iowa
C
CTRAPS Offline
trapper
CTRAPS  Offline
trapper
C

Iowa
For the most part, I don't give two squirts about who did what when. Neither side can claim perfection and 100% support from its members on every issue concerning gun regulations.

Our time to act is now. If you don't like what is going on with this proposed gun control bill, contact your legislators ASAP. And....support as many pro-gun associations as you can afford.

Life Member: ITA, IBA & NRA. Member of SA, FTA & NTA
Re: Here it comes... [Re: Mike in A-town] #7595662
05/31/22 11:45 PM
05/31/22 11:45 PM
2A Sanctuaries-W. OK & N. NM
Blaine County Offline
trapper
Blaine County  Offline
trapper

I vote Libertarian when the Republican candidate is not a good choice (or even worse, outright sucks). I live in a solid red state and can safely vote Libertarian when necessary because I understand the Electoral College. The calculus would be different if I lived in a purple state.

Regardless, the Republican Party has a lot to learn about small government and freedom from the Libertarian Party. The Libertarian Party likewise should stop running whackos as it keeps it from getting real traction--which would be great.

Re: Here it comes... [Re: Blaine County] #7595665
06/01/22 12:01 AM
06/01/22 12:01 AM
Arkansas
W
WhiteCliffs Offline
trapper
WhiteCliffs  Offline
trapper
W

Arkansas
Originally Posted by Blaine County
I vote Libertarian when the Republican candidate is not a good choice (or even worse, outright sucks). I live in a solid red state and can safely vote Libertarian when necessary because I understand the Electoral College. The calculus would be different if I lived in a purple state.

Regardless, the Republican Party has a lot to learn about small government and freedom from the Libertarian Party. The Libertarian Party likewise should stop running whackos as it keeps it from getting real traction--which would be great.

I am sincerely curious. Do you ever feel like a third party candidate has a legitimate chance to win? If not, why do you bother to vote for them?

You may have a legitimate reason I just dont see. I see voting for third party as going to a horse race with two race horses and a three legged horse and betting all your money on the three legged horse.

Re: Here it comes... [Re: WhiteCliffs] #7595667
06/01/22 12:13 AM
06/01/22 12:13 AM
Blaine County Offline
trapper
Blaine County  Offline
trapper

Originally Posted by WhiteCliffs
Originally Posted by Blaine County

I am sincerely curious. Do you ever feel like a third party candidate has a legitimate chance to win? If not, why do you bother to vote for them?

You may have a legitimate reason I just dont see. I see voting for third party as going to a horse race with two race horses and a three legged horse and betting all your money on the three legged horse.

I can't think of one who had a real chance. But if the Republican Party runs people I disagree with then voting third party, if enough do it, should send a message to the Republicans that a change of course is in order. Even better, the Libertarian Party might get its act together. Until then, the vast majority of my votes are for Republicans.

Regardless, I could have voted for Kanye and it wouldn't make a difference in Oklahoma.

Re: Here it comes... [Re: Rat Masterson] #7595673
06/01/22 12:51 AM
06/01/22 12:51 AM
Oregon
H
H2ORat Offline
trapper
H2ORat  Offline
trapper
H

Oregon
Originally Posted by Rat Masterson
Waiting for the perfect candidate is a fools errand, voting for someone that has no chance of winning is the same.

And voting for a pos accomplishes the same thing. Why vote for a rhino or a D -- your choice--- that is part of the problem and not part of the solution -- they (if elected ) are just going to continue the problem. How about a none of the above option and let that office sit vacant a cycle --- if you truly believe politicians are helping you (or not) this would be the perfect opportunity to see if there are any bad effects from not having representation ( as opposed to having BAD representation) ------ I know what the answer is in this state - don't know about yours.

Re: Here it comes... [Re: Mike in A-town] #7595715
06/01/22 06:34 AM
06/01/22 06:34 AM
Arkansas
J
J Staton Offline
trapper
J Staton  Offline
trapper
J

Arkansas
I don't understand the libertarian party. They believe in the sovereignty of a person, but not of a nation. (open boarders). Unwilling to fight for the liberty, which they so proudly preach, for posterity/the unborn.
I liken that party to man sitting on a fence shouting "freedom" over and over but never leaving the perch on the fence.

James 1: 19-20
Re: Here it comes... [Re: J Staton] #7595721
06/01/22 06:43 AM
06/01/22 06:43 AM
pa
H
hippie Offline
trapper
hippie  Offline
trapper
H

pa
Originally Posted by J Staton
I don't understand the libertarian party. They believe in the sovereignty of a person, but not of a nation. (open boarders). Unwilling to fight for the liberty, which they so proudly preach, for posterity/the unborn.
I liken that party to man sitting on a fence shouting "freedom" over and over but never leaving the perch on the fence.

Pretty much what I see too.

Just a feel good, knowing full well it's a wet dream at best.

Most out grow it.

Re: Here it comes... [Re: Mike in A-town] #7595724
06/01/22 06:46 AM
06/01/22 06:46 AM
williamsburg ks
D
danny clifton Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
danny clifton  Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
D

williamsburg ks
J Staton, your not going to get abortion made illegal at the federal level.

We already have open borders. We have had for a long time. Supported by D and R both. Even Trump had illegal's on his construction sites. You can make excuses for the man but it is still truth.

To much money is being made by allowing illegal's in.

Find a candidate in Big R or D either one who wants to start prosecuting people for hiring illegals and I will believe they want a closed border.

Those who would give up essential liberty, to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)
Re: Here it comes... [Re: Rat Masterson] #7595727
06/01/22 06:47 AM
06/01/22 06:47 AM
Nebraska
Poorcoon Offline
trapper
Poorcoon  Offline
trapper

Nebraska
Waiting for the perfect candidate is a fools errand, voting for someone that has no chance of winning is the same.

Agreed

"Nothing I like to do pays well." True Grit

"Revenge is in the hands of God, not mine." Revenant.
Re: Here it comes... [Re: Diggerman] #7595728
06/01/22 06:54 AM
06/01/22 06:54 AM
Beatrice, NE
L
loosegoose Offline
trapper
loosegoose  Offline
trapper
L

Beatrice, NE
Originally Posted by Diggerman

NOT, Just a cop out like all the Cathaholics that vote Democrat , promote abortions, then sit in church all pompus like. If both parties supported gun control, We would have it already. If you are too good to vote Republican, then you ARE a libtard.

Um......are you serious? Do you think we don't currently have gun control?

I'll ask you the same question I ask anyone else that tries to call me a liberal.....can you name a single lefty policy that I've shown support for? If not, you're just blowing smoke.

Last edited by loosegoose; 06/01/22 06:57 AM.
Re: Here it comes... [Re: Mike in A-town] #7595734
06/01/22 07:09 AM
06/01/22 07:09 AM
williamsburg ks
D
danny clifton Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
danny clifton  Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
D

williamsburg ks
The gun control we have now has been allowed to exist in an attempt to pacify those people that are afraid of freedom. They like having a big central government that takes care of them rather than a federal government whose primary responsibility is making sure the constitution is followed and protecting us from foreign governments. Most of the stuff the feds do now is over reach. Not even authorized for them to do.

Big R has been running Bush, Bush jr, McCain and Romney for potus. All pro gun control, pro big federal government, no problem with taking hard earned money from one guy and giving it to a dead beat.

Big R allowed election fraud to happen in 2020 cause they did not like Trump. They are not going to allow him to win in 2024 either no matter how much the Trumpeters want him back in.

Big R is just as bad as Big D. They pretend to fight so the common agenda can keep moving forward. A spiral into tyranny. A type of communism where a small elite controls and owns everything.

Those who would give up essential liberty, to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)
Re: Here it comes... [Re: danny clifton] #7595737
06/01/22 07:11 AM
06/01/22 07:11 AM
Arkansas
J
J Staton Offline
trapper
J Staton  Offline
trapper
J

Arkansas
Originally Posted by danny clifton
J Staton, your not going to get abortion made illegal at the federal level.

We already have open borders. We have had for a long time. Supported by D and R both. Even Trump had illegal's on his construction sites. You can make excuses for the man but it is still truth.

To much money is being made by allowing illegal's in.

Find a candidate in Big R or D either one who wants to start prosecuting people for hiring illegals and I will believe they want a closed border.

Abortion may not ever become illegal on the Federal level but liberty for the unborn is worth the fight, or I could just set on the fence and yell freedom. Not against a third party. I just don't think the libertarian party is the one. Loosegoose suggested to me a few years ago to look into the Constitutional Party. I could get behind that one. However, I would start the building process of the party at the local level skipping the fantasy of winning a national election right out of the gate.

Last edited by J Staton; 06/01/22 07:12 AM.

James 1: 19-20
Re: Here it comes... [Re: hippie] #7595747
06/01/22 07:20 AM
06/01/22 07:20 AM
Indiana
P
Providence Farm Offline
trapper
Providence Farm  Offline
trapper
P

Indiana
Originally Posted by hippie
You could also list the laws republicans shot down the last 50 years too, it'll be an extensive list compared.

How many gun laws have a third party stopped?

Got to keep up the appearance of being pro gun. The biggest gun control things have passed under Republicans. 86 was huge.

There is a pattern of not voting on pro gun legislation when they know it will pass. But hyping it what there is no chance to get it passed. Look I tried but those democrats stoped me.

I have no idea about 3rd party accomplishments I don't keep up with them but I assume it very little if any. They also don't have much influence.

I do know and openly call out the party I vote for when they fail. To many gloss over that and don't want to hold them accountable. Very similar to your attempt to switching to the 3rd party topic when I only referenced the Republicans.
3rd party has no chance you say, I see the same thing. That does not mean when you see your bosses car in your drive way when you come home early from work you pretend you didn't see it and don't go home untill your expected. Nope you call your wife out on it and hold them accountable.

Pretending the Republicans are pro gun is comical at best. If you don't hold them accountable and at least be willing to admit they fail and call them out when they are anti gun you are a supportive of gun control as well by supporting a gun control pushing individual.

But that gets turned into well the other guy is worse or 3rs party's don't stand a chance. But that thinking is the problem. I voted Trump both times but am quick to call him on his anti gun crap. People automatically assume because of that I must be for the democrats. Not in your widest dreams. But just like I'm called to call out my brothers and sisters at church when they're going the wrong way I need to keep my party accountable and let them know they don't get a free pass when they stray.

Some folks don't like the truth..

Last edited by Providence Farm; 06/01/22 07:24 AM.
Re: Here it comes... [Re: Mike in A-town] #7595790
06/01/22 08:20 AM
06/01/22 08:20 AM
South Dakota
R
Rat Masterson Offline
trapper
Rat Masterson  Offline
trapper
R

South Dakota
Pretending Republicans are just as bad as Democrats is ludicrous, power and money corrupt most people and no party is immune. Who's in charge now and how's it going vs when Trump was in charge? I can tell the difference how about you.

Re: Here it comes... [Re: Rat Masterson] #7595796
06/01/22 08:26 AM
06/01/22 08:26 AM
Indiana
P
Providence Farm Offline
trapper
Providence Farm  Offline
trapper
P

Indiana
Pretending Republicans are just as bad as Democrats is ludicrous, power and money corrupt most people and no party is immune. Who's in charge now and how's it going vs when Trump was in charge? I can tell the difference how about you.

Thanks for clearly making my point for me. I won't break it down for you. Reread my post a few times then yours and see if it makes since to you then.

Here is a hint. Are you reading what I said or what you think I am saying.

Re: Here it comes... [Re: Mike in A-town] #7595802
06/01/22 08:39 AM
06/01/22 08:39 AM
williamsburg ks
D
danny clifton Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
danny clifton  Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
D

williamsburg ks
trump was never a republican. he was registered democrat most of his adult life.Big R party bosses hate the man. without big r the election wouldnt have been stolen

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread