No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Re: Here it comes... [Re: Mike in A-town] #7595812
06/01/22 08:52 AM
06/01/22 08:52 AM
Iowa
C
CTRAPS Offline
trapper
CTRAPS  Offline
trapper
C

Iowa
Watching this administration take on any issue, makes all star wrestling more believable all the time.

Life Member: ITA, IBA & NRA. Member of SA, FTA & NTA
Re: Here it comes... [Re: Providence Farm] #7595815
06/01/22 08:56 AM
06/01/22 08:56 AM
Wi.
D
Diggerman Offline
trapper
Diggerman  Offline
trapper
D

Wi.
Originally Posted by Providence Farm
Originally Posted by Rat Masterson
Pretending Republicans are just as bad as Democrats is ludicrous, power and money corrupt most people and no party is immune. Who's in charge now and how's it going vs when Trump was in charge? I can tell the difference how about you.

Thanks for clearly making my point for me. I won't break it down for you. Reread my post a few times then yours and see if it makes since to you then.

Here is a hint. Are you reading what I said or what you think I am saying.

Your point is that all politicians are EQUALLY evil and not voting is the way insure no new gun laws. 86 is almost 40 years ago, likly only one or two of those congressmen remain, BUT , lets condemn the party for ever. Look the blacks have even forgiven the democrats for slavery. There are a lot of good conservative Republicans and very few that would sign on with anything gun control. If you want to see how your position evolves, read bocos posts.

Re: Here it comes... [Re: Mike in A-town] #7595824
06/01/22 09:06 AM
06/01/22 09:06 AM
South Dakota
R
Rat Masterson Offline
trapper
Rat Masterson  Offline
trapper
R

South Dakota
Here's a hint, I didn't quote anyone. I stand by my statement.

Re: Here it comes... [Re: loosegoose] #7595827
06/01/22 09:07 AM
06/01/22 09:07 AM
Wi.
D
Diggerman Offline
trapper
Diggerman  Offline
trapper
D

Wi.
Originally Posted by loosegoose
Originally Posted by trapperkeck
Not all that long ago, the Dems had the House, Senate and Presidency. Yet, not a single move was made against guns/gun owners. Weird, huh?

Same as how the republicans held the house, Senate, and presidency, yet not a single move was made for gun owners. If they actually fix the problems they clamor on about, they won't have anything to scare people with for the next election cycle.

Both of you act like it doesn't take 60 votes in the Senate, but it helps make your delusional scenarios look palatable.
There was a bill to legitimize suppressors , yup, written by the REPUBLICANS, but unfortunately a mass shooting just happened to occur.
When was the last democrat sponsored progun bill?

Re: Here it comes... [Re: Mike in A-town] #7595828
06/01/22 09:09 AM
06/01/22 09:09 AM
Maine, Aroostook
Posco Offline
trapper
Posco  Offline
trapper

Maine, Aroostook
“It does seem relatively clear that the court is going to strike down New York’s law and make it harder for cities and states to restrict concealed carry of firearms. It remains to be seen exactly how broad the Supreme Court goes, but one thing is clear: as mass shootings become more of a political issue, the court is going to take options away from lawmakers on the basis of the Second Amendment.”

https://genzconservative.com/americ...y05kMsw5wx0pradiJgOq2S78jeV5ywA5oSe_anL4

Re: Here it comes... [Re: Mike in A-town] #7595835
06/01/22 09:15 AM
06/01/22 09:15 AM
pa
H
hippie Online content
trapper
hippie  Online Content
trapper
H

pa
Just the number of conservative judges REPUBLICANS put on the bench that have been shooting down state and city gun laws should be enough for people.

Re: Here it comes... [Re: danny clifton] #7595839
06/01/22 09:19 AM
06/01/22 09:19 AM
Wi.
D
Diggerman Offline
trapper
Diggerman  Offline
trapper
D

Wi.
Originally Posted by danny clifton
The gun control we have now has been allowed to exist in an attempt to pacify those people that are afraid of freedom. They like having a big central government that takes care of them rather than a federal government whose primary responsibility is making sure the constitution is followed and protecting us from foreign governments. Most of the stuff the feds do now is over reach. Not even authorized for them to do.

Big R has been running Bush, Bush jr, McCain and Romney for potus. All pro gun control, pro big federal government, no problem with taking hard earned money from one guy and giving it to a dead beat.

Big R allowed election fraud to happen in 2020 cause they did not like Trump. They are not going to allow him to win in 2024 either no matter how much the Trumpeters want him back in.

Big R is just as bad as Big D. They pretend to fight so the common agenda can keep moving forward. A spiral into tyranny. A type of communism where a small elite controls and owns everything.

I believe you are quite correct, but the party is quickly getting away from those frauds. It would be hard to find a real Republican who would side with romney. It is getting harder to find a real Republican who would vote in a primary for a Bush or a McCain. Trump with all his faults , did more for getting the Party back on track than anyone by outing the Big R.

Re: Here it comes... [Re: Diggerman] #7595843
06/01/22 09:23 AM
06/01/22 09:23 AM
Maine, Aroostook
Posco Offline
trapper
Posco  Offline
trapper

Maine, Aroostook
Originally Posted by Diggerman
I believe you are quite correct, but the party is quickly getting away from those frauds. It would be hard to find a real Republican who would side with romney. It is getting harder to find a real Republican who would vote in a primary for a Bush or a McCain. Trump with all his faults , did more for getting the Party back on track than anyone by outing the Big R.

Those aren't RINOs attending Trump rallies.

Re: Here it comes... [Re: Diggerman] #7595845
06/01/22 09:34 AM
06/01/22 09:34 AM
pa
H
hippie Online content
trapper
hippie  Online Content
trapper
H

pa
Originally Posted by danny clifton
The gun control we have now has been allowed to exist in an attempt to pacify those people that are afraid of freedom. They like having a big central government that takes care of them rather than a federal government whose primary responsibility is making sure the constitution is followed and protecting us from foreign governments. Most of the stuff the feds do now is over reach. Not even authorized for them to do.

Big R has been running Bush, Bush jr, McCain and Romney for potus. All pro gun control, pro big federal government, no problem with taking hard earned money from one guy and giving it to a dead beat.

Big R allowed election fraud to happen in 2020 cause they did not like Trump. They are not going to allow him to win in 2024 either no matter how much the Trumpeters want him back in.

Big R is just as bad as Big D. They pretend to fight so the common agenda can keep moving forward. A spiral into tyranny. A type of communism where a small elite controls and owns everything.

Absolutely!!!

Trump changed the party for the better!

The libertarians don't want to look at his successes, just putting bump stocks out.
The judges, reversing Obama on lead bullets and getting us out of the UN arms treaty Obama had signed us up for, Signed house joint resolution 40, removed a fee of 2,250 for gunsmiths, Squashed FIX NICS bill and restored Rights to carry/hunt on millions of acres of federal lands to name a few. Then there's the SCOTUS judges which should help?

Re: Here it comes... [Re: Mike in A-town] #7595851
06/01/22 09:48 AM
06/01/22 09:48 AM
Wi.
D
Diggerman Offline
trapper
Diggerman  Offline
trapper
D

Wi.
You are forgetting all of the States, counties and municipalities that have voted to Affirmed the 2nd ammendment. 100% Republican controlled precincts.

Re: Here it comes... [Re: Rat Masterson] #7595852
06/01/22 09:50 AM
06/01/22 09:50 AM
Indiana
P
Providence Farm Offline
trapper
Providence Farm  Offline
trapper
P

Indiana
Originally Posted by Rat Masterson
Here's a hint, I didn't quote anyone. I stand by my statement.

You are correct and I thought about editing my post after posting it to reflect that it but had to get moving at work. I apologize it came off sharky and directed at you individually

. . The rest of this is a general respond and additionaly will hopefully add clarity to my views.. Often people add to what they think to a poster said not what they said. And I did the exact same thing quoting you with my respond thinking it was directed to me. I should have taken the time to clarify sorry I was wrong.

Another example I'm quote and the respond says my answer is not to vote? I never once said or implied that it's their brain going on defensive automatically and emotion overriding thought and reason. As seen above I fall victim to this also and freely admit it. I'm trying to resolve that problem with myself. If we can all do so dialog will be much smoother and productive. But it's hard to change habits we are all so intrenched and used to being attacked by the antics.

My entire post and stance was that Republicans are not all pro gun and infact have passed some of the worst gun control this country has ever passed. They must be watched and held accountable not given a free pass because it's my guy, or well it's not as bad as it could have been, or he is better than the other guy.

Everything I said is fact and can be verified. Instead of recognizing it accepting the facts and addressing the issue folks take offense, get defensive, make excuses, and try to change what was stated to deflect from those issues.

Example I never said a thing about the hearing protection act not getting passed when all the Republicans had all 3 branches. Maybe someone else did and I missed it and that was not directed to me? All I said was Republicans have a habit of trying to pass pro gun stuff when they know it won't pass and won't push it when it 100% will pass. All for show. So the guy obviously knew of one example not even brought up and immediately starts to make excuses. Once again proving my point.

None of this is to attack anyone just point out some of our problems and why we are always on defense and not no moving forward but instead lucky to keep what we have at best and and more likely loose a small piece at a time.

Once again I expect this to be read as a post to be attacked and defended against even though I very clearly state I am guilty of the same things and trying to work on it.

Just The same as clearly stating I voted for Trump 3 times Including the primary but some how they get that I think the solution is not to vote. I have no idea where they came up with that.

Come on guys WE have to do better( see I includ myself with the we) quit bickering among ourselves the attack against those wanting to destroy our heritage, Bill of rights, constitution, and ultimately our way of life.

Last edited by Providence Farm; 06/01/22 11:40 AM.
Re: Here it comes... [Re: Mike in A-town] #7595896
06/01/22 11:29 AM
06/01/22 11:29 AM
pa
H
hippie Online content
trapper
hippie  Online Content
trapper
H

pa
I agree to a point, and that's that we shouldn't fight amongst ourselves.
These "fights" are usually about Republicans that passed a law 40 years ago that regulated, not banned fully automatic weapons, a law you or someone else brings up on most threads like this.

Forgotten in that law were the good parts for us. Shipping guns and ammo being one.

And then we have to look at the present. How long would it take for fully automatic weapons to be banned completely instead of just regulated in today's atmosphere? Can we gun owners be glad we got concessions in return for that regulation when we did, because in today's world they would b completely banned without any concessions for us, imo.

I'm sure I'd have been totally against it at the time, but in hindsight we won on that deal, again imo.

Re: Here it comes... [Re: Diggerman] #7595899
06/01/22 11:34 AM
06/01/22 11:34 AM
Beatrice, NE
L
loosegoose Offline
trapper
loosegoose  Offline
trapper
L

Beatrice, NE
You are forgetting all of the States, counties and municipalities that have voted to Affirmed the 2nd ammendment. 100% Republican controlled precincts.

Try cutting your AR barrel to 15.5" or installing an airsoft auto select switch in your glock in one of those states without getting permission from the feds first, and see if those states will protect you. My guess is that you'd end up in prison, and the state would help catch you if needed.

Last edited by loosegoose; 06/01/22 11:34 AM.
Re: Here it comes... [Re: loosegoose] #7595903
06/01/22 11:37 AM
06/01/22 11:37 AM
pa
H
hippie Online content
trapper
hippie  Online Content
trapper
H

pa
Originally Posted by loosegoose

Try cutting your AR barrel to 15.5" or installing an airsoft auto select switch in your glock in one of those states without getting permission from the feds first, and see if those states will protect you. My guess is that you'd end up in prison, and the state would help catch you if needed.

How many libertarian states allow it?

Re: Here it comes... [Re: hippie] #7595909
06/01/22 11:44 AM
06/01/22 11:44 AM
Beatrice, NE
L
loosegoose Offline
trapper
loosegoose  Offline
trapper
L

Beatrice, NE
Originally Posted by hippie

How many libertarian states allow it?

Deflection. You know as well as I do that "2nd amendment sanctuary" states/counties/towns still accept gun control.

My own state and county have declared themselves to be second amendment sanctuaries, yet I still have to get permission from the government to carry a concealed weapon. Why do you suppose that is?

Last edited by loosegoose; 06/01/22 11:48 AM.
Re: Here it comes... [Re: Mike in A-town] #7595911
06/01/22 11:50 AM
06/01/22 11:50 AM
pa
H
hippie Online content
trapper
hippie  Online Content
trapper
H

pa
That's exactly what I thought of your post.

Do you really think a libertarian would change that if the stars aligned and one lucked into office?

Re: Here it comes... [Re: hippie] #7595916
06/01/22 11:56 AM
06/01/22 11:56 AM
Beatrice, NE
L
loosegoose Offline
trapper
loosegoose  Offline
trapper
L

Beatrice, NE
That's exactly what I thought of your post.

Do you really think a libertarian would change that if the stars aligned and one lucked into office?

Couldn't do any worse than the Republicans currently do, that for sure. At least when a libertarian says "I support the 2nd amendment, they mean it. When a republican says "I support the second amendment ", what they mean is "I support the second amendment, as long as you don't own X,Y,or Z, you get permission from me first, and you promise not to take your guns anywhere that I don't want you to take them".

Re: Here it comes... [Re: Mike in A-town] #7595919
06/01/22 12:00 PM
06/01/22 12:00 PM
pa
H
hippie Online content
trapper
hippie  Online Content
trapper
H

pa
Whatever, there's one party you can thank for the gun rights you have and you just don't like to admit it because i believe you don't align on other policies the republicans do.

Re: Here it comes... [Re: hippie] #7595920
06/01/22 12:01 PM
06/01/22 12:01 PM
Indiana
P
Providence Farm Offline
trapper
Providence Farm  Offline
trapper
P

Indiana
Whatever, there's one party you can thank for the gun rights you have and you just don't like to admit it because i believe you don't align on other policies the republicans do.

I don't think that's what he us saying at all.

Re: Here it comes... [Re: Providence Farm] #7595923
06/01/22 12:04 PM
06/01/22 12:04 PM
pa
H
hippie Online content
trapper
hippie  Online Content
trapper
H

pa
Originally Posted by Providence Farm

I don't think that's what he us saying at all.

Maybe he forgot when Johnston got the nomination and said he'd hire 500 more feds to do background checks then?

Its easy to say they are 100% for something when there's no chance in Hades they will have to back it up!

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread