Wilderness Trapping and Living

No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum

~Dobbins' Catalog~

ATS
(Please support Ted's Fur Shed, our sponsor for the Wilderness Page)

Alaska Trappers Association

Print Thread
Hop To
Grayl filtration cups #7595479
05/31/22 07:02 PM
05/31/22 07:02 PM
SW Georgia
W
Wanna Be Offline OP
trapper
Wanna Be  Offline OP
trapper
W

SW Georgia
I posted this on the regular trapping forum and got no responses, thought if anyone has ever tried one it would be here:

Been looking at Grayl water purification cups for hunting purposes. I figure it will save weight in my turkey vest rather than loading it up with Gatorade and waters. There were a few times I had run out of drinks on my hikes in the NW and those mountain streams looked pretty inviting to quench the thirst, lol. I wasn’t brave enough and did without. Been researching and these seem to be the best and best tasting for what I want. Just curious if anyone has one or knows anyone that uses them before I make a final decision.

Re: Grayl filtration cups [Re: Wanna Be] #7596771
06/02/22 04:00 PM
06/02/22 04:00 PM
AK
B
BillNye Offline
trapper
BillNye  Offline
trapper
B

AK
They will clog pretty quick with heavily silted glacial water but do fine for removing giardia in clear streams. Another option would be a lifestraw and a standard widemouth plastic water bottle if you want to save a couple ounces

Re: Grayl filtration cups [Re: BillNye] #7651639
08/17/22 06:49 AM
08/17/22 06:49 AM
Mn
N
nightlife Offline
trapper
nightlife  Offline
trapper
N

Mn
Originally Posted by BillNye
They will clog pretty quick with heavily silted glacial water but do fine for removing giardia in clear streams. Another option would be a lifestraw and a standard widemouth plastic water bottle if you want to save a couple ounces

Or any real sediment bearing water, mud, algae or whatever but they do work great, just have to prefilter the water first

�Everything in excess! To enjoy the flavor of life, take big bites. Moderation is for monks.�
― Robert A. Heinlein
Re: Grayl filtration cups [Re: Wanna Be] #7669622
09/12/22 03:49 AM
09/12/22 03:49 AM
Custer Co, Idaho
S
sneaky Offline
trapper
sneaky  Offline
trapper
S

Custer Co, Idaho
Bonus is they remove everything, including viruses. Shorter filter life than others, but they remove more contaminants and are quick if your water source is fairly clean.

Sometimes nothing can be a real cool hand
Re: Grayl filtration cups [Re: Wanna Be] #7671183
09/14/22 08:52 AM
09/14/22 08:52 AM
Nebraska
Trapset Offline
trapper
Trapset  Offline
trapper

Nebraska
Can you clear the filter when it gets plugged or do you need a new one?

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  akntrpr, Ol' Blister, otterman