No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Went to an estate sale and almost got..... [Re: elkaholic] #7602661
06/11/22 09:14 AM
06/11/22 09:14 AM
PA
E
elkaholic Offline OP
trapper
elkaholic  Offline OP
trapper
E

PA
It wasn't even an auction. It was a sale. I just happened to be the second one through the door.

Thankfully the wife of the seller was more than happy to get rid of stuff. As long as you were close to the listed price she would say yes.

The guy used to load shells for the local high school trap team. He had a lot of shot shells. I was going to buy them and then donate them to them, but someone beat me to it.

I'm going to donate the shotshell primers to them. I have no use for them.

I'll go through the dies and see what I have duplicates of and resell them. If they don't sell my kid will have a great thing to sell off after I'm gone. There's a couple calibers of bullets I don't have so they'll get resold. I doubt that having them will convince my wife enough to be ok with me buying a new gun.

Millions of trees die every year to print environmentalist publications
Re: Went to an estate sale and almost got..... [Re: elkaholic] #7602663
06/11/22 09:15 AM
06/11/22 09:15 AM
PA
W
w side rd 151 Offline
trapper
w side rd 151  Offline
trapper
W

PA
One of the basic rules of getting ahead in this world is be ready to take advantage of a situation that arises unexpectedly. Shoulda ,coulda woulda leaves you felling empty and wanting to kick your own behind I once turned down a chance to buy a Weatherby 257 mag Mark V .It was a left handed version .And since I am lefthanede it seemed to be a perfect idea . I let that idea that it was not the right time to make the deal .Here i am 40 years later still kicking my butt for not buying that gun

Re: Went to an estate sale and almost got..... [Re: elkaholic] #7602676
06/11/22 09:32 AM
06/11/22 09:32 AM
Manitoba
N
Northof50 Offline
trapper
Northof50  Offline
trapper
N

Manitoba
Boy what a week for 160user to go fishing and miss all the "goodies finds "
see what happens when bar codes came out- come sale time//?????now what was that price....is the question

Had the same problem when I went to a wood-workers garage sale, luckily the truck was empty when I came

Re: Went to an estate sale and almost got..... [Re: elkaholic] #7602696
06/11/22 10:10 AM
06/11/22 10:10 AM
East Texas
B
BTLowry Offline
trapper
BTLowry  Offline
trapper
B

East Texas
What a score

Probably sell what you don't need and make back a lot of your investment.

Tell the wife that investing $2K in that "stuff" will make a better return than throwing $2k into the stock market wink

Re: Went to an estate sale and almost got..... [Re: elkaholic] #7602762
06/11/22 12:11 PM
06/11/22 12:11 PM
Ontario Canada
D
d2009 Offline
trapper
d2009  Offline
trapper
D

Ontario Canada
Incredible! I must say i like that table the grinder sat on, looks like its seen a lot of use. May that gentleman rest in peace, he was obviously a man after all of our own hearts.

Re: Went to an estate sale and almost got..... [Re: elkaholic] #7603085
06/11/22 07:55 PM
06/11/22 07:55 PM
Oakland, MS
Drifter Offline
trapper
Drifter  Offline
trapper

Oakland, MS
Originally Posted by elkaholic
Originally Posted by yotetrapper30
Text me your wife's phone number. You know, just in case you ever DO get divorced and she decides to have a yard sale.

lol.... No...

I got home and put all the reloading stuff away nice and neat. She came downstairs and looked around and said "I've been asking you to clean this basement up for 3 years and you still haven't gotten around to it. But you buy all this crap and it's neatly tucked away an hour after getting home." I told her I know I know... She then asked when I was going to get on putting everything else away. I said I didn't have any room to store stuff. Needless to say it's 11 pm here and I'm on the recliner.

Might be the wrong time to say something about you a reloading shed. Sounds like you might of wore out her sense of humor.

Nice haul BTW.

Some individuals use statistics as a drunk man uses lamp-posts — for support rather than for illumination.

Andrew Lang (1844-1912) Scottish poet, novelist and literary critic

Life member NTA , and GA Trappers assoc .
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread