No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Girls and their horse's #7603783
06/12/22 06:34 PM
06/12/22 06:34 PM
missouri
S
salemtrapper Offline OP
trapper
salemtrapper  Offline OP
trapper
S

missouri
[video:google]https://photos.app.goo.gl/sXw1a2JgB9oTunDZ7[/video]. Even though it's a 100 degrees and too hot for me be on a horse the girls decided to ride. Alicia took Kendell Marie on her first trail ride, first time outside the fences in the free and open land... A little nervous dad's not as big on horses as mom and daughters but I know she is on a good horse.

Re: Girls and their horse's [Re: salemtrapper] #7603788
06/12/22 06:38 PM
06/12/22 06:38 PM
West Virginia,age 49
cathryn Offline
bvr-takr-upr
cathryn  Offline
bvr-takr-upr

West Virginia,age 49
It was a day she will always remember. I guarantee you it was absolutely time well spent

IF IDIOTS GREW ON TREES THIS PLACE WOULD BE AN ORCHARD !

Re: Girls and their horse's [Re: salemtrapper] #7603790
06/12/22 06:41 PM
06/12/22 06:41 PM
Indiana
P
Providence Farm Offline
trapper
Providence Farm  Offline
trapper
P

Indiana
What a life. Good job dad providing the opportunity.

Re: Girls and their horse's [Re: salemtrapper] #7603800
06/12/22 07:02 PM
06/12/22 07:02 PM
missouri
S
salemtrapper Offline OP
trapper
salemtrapper  Offline OP
trapper
S

missouri
Providence that's momma doing. I wouldn't own a horse if it wasn't for her. I'm glad she got into riding so she can have something to do with our daughter one on one... I do alot with our son one on one with sports fishing trapping. Kenni just doesn't do to much extra activities so I'm glad she can have some time with just her and mom

Re: Girls and their horse's [Re: salemtrapper] #7603811
06/12/22 07:32 PM
06/12/22 07:32 PM
Indiana
P
Providence Farm Offline
trapper
Providence Farm  Offline
trapper
P

Indiana
Originally Posted by salemtrapper
Providence that's momma doing. I wouldn't own a horse if it wasn't for her. I'm glad she got into riding so she can have something to do with our daughter one on one... I do alot with our son one on one with sports fishing trapping. Kenni just doesn't do to much extra activities so I'm glad she can have some time with just her and mom

You don't take your daughter hunting, shooting and trapping?

I need fence and I would get some horses. Have not had them in over 20 years. But the way the world is going its a good insurance policy ( what other transportation is there that can get from point a to b with out a road or trail besides walking?) . Plus I think it would be good exposure for my boys.

I'm glad you support the wife and thats what I ment by providing the opportunity. Few kids get that chance in this day and age. And I'm sure you get roped into more than you want. Buying and putting up the hay for example?

Re: Girls and their horse's [Re: salemtrapper] #7603816
06/12/22 07:37 PM
06/12/22 07:37 PM
Frazee, MN
B
backroadsarcher Offline
trapper
backroadsarcher  Offline
trapper
B

Frazee, MN
Yes the ladies of the family here ate also big into the horses. They ride when ever they get a chance. Not much of a horse person myself, my horse is a Polaris breed.

Re: Girls and their horse's [Re: salemtrapper] #7603841
06/12/22 08:00 PM
06/12/22 08:00 PM
missouri
S
salemtrapper Offline OP
trapper
salemtrapper  Offline OP
trapper
S

missouri
I take her trapping and fishing hunting she isn't much into. What I meant if she goes brother is always tagging along, so it's not a by herself thing. Not looking forward to the hay ,people are already selling it at 10 dollars a square around here in places, I'm sure it won't get better. Backroad I feel you have a Honda I fit just right in that thing.

Re: Girls and their horse's [Re: salemtrapper] #7603845
06/12/22 08:05 PM
06/12/22 08:05 PM
Indiana
P
Providence Farm Offline
trapper
Providence Farm  Offline
trapper
P

Indiana
Almost makes buying the equipment to bail economical. I have the grass but not the time or equipment.

Re: Girls and their horse's [Re: salemtrapper] #7603848
06/12/22 08:08 PM
06/12/22 08:08 PM
missouri
S
salemtrapper Offline OP
trapper
salemtrapper  Offline OP
trapper
S

missouri
I dont have that much grass most the pasture is fenced off for the horses already the rest is woods. Wouldn't be worth it to me to get 30 bails at the most

Re: Girls and their horse's [Re: salemtrapper] #7603855
06/12/22 08:18 PM
06/12/22 08:18 PM
missouri
S
salemtrapper Offline OP
trapper
salemtrapper  Offline OP
trapper
S

missouri
Back story, my wife is from around the city... We got married and I took her to a horse show 3 years ago. My mom would take my son when he was little to ride horses at my uncle's, well they would put him in the horse show in the pee wee classes and we went to watch. Alicia said I would like to ride a horse, my uncle put her on a horse and they called his name and number, he just led the horse to the areena and turn it lose told Alicia to kick her up and hold her down. She didn't win but was hooked next week she was there 3 days riding lessons and within a month they were looking for her a horse. Found one and then one that oldie that was kid friendly down the road we bought for my son.... Well Cameron got bucked off a horse and hasn't rode since. Really he lost interest before then but that was the end for him. so his horse got passed down to sissy.. and now they are both ate up with riding.. and i just keep forking out the money lol... Whatever makes them happy. But I don't understand why you have to have more than one saddle. Alicia has every bit of four, last count I had.. you only ride one!

Re: Girls and their horse's [Re: salemtrapper] #7603883
06/12/22 08:58 PM
06/12/22 08:58 PM
Indiana
P
Providence Farm Offline
trapper
Providence Farm  Offline
trapper
P

Indiana
Back story, my wife is from around the city... We got married and I took her to a horse show 3 years ago. My mom would take my son when he was little to ride horses at my uncle's, well they would put him in the horse show in the pee wee classes and we went to watch. Alicia said I would like to ride a horse, my uncle put her on a horse and they called his name and number, he just led the horse to the areena and turn it lose told Alicia to kick her up and hold her down. She didn't win but was hooked next week she was there 3 days riding lessons and within a month they were looking for her a horse. Found one and then one that oldie that was kid friendly down the road we bought for my son.... Well Cameron got bucked off a horse and hasn't rode since. Really he lost interest before then but that was the end for him. so his horse got passed down to sissy.. and now they are both ate up with riding.. and i just keep forking out the money lol... Whatever makes them happy. But I don't understand why you have to have more than one saddle. Alicia has every bit of four, last count I had.. you only ride one!

I bet she could ask why you need more than I one gun! Not a discussion I would start.

Re: Girls and their horse's [Re: salemtrapper] #7603888
06/12/22 09:05 PM
06/12/22 09:05 PM
missouri
S
salemtrapper Offline OP
trapper
salemtrapper  Offline OP
trapper
S

missouri
Lol, true now I use the reason Cameron needs them, bought another 22-250 she asked why do I need that, she has no idea what calibers I have but I said Cameron use it to start deer hunting.. bout another shotgun Cameron needs one to start turkey hunting, bought 22 pistol Cameron needs a trapping gun. Lol I'm wringing this shammy as long as I can. Ive learnt along time ago never ask why just hold in for back up when you want something. Why you need that, it cost so much....... 1. Words horses, ok babe do whatever you want. Before horses it was jewelry.

Re: Girls and their horse's [Re: salemtrapper] #7603931
06/12/22 10:02 PM
06/12/22 10:02 PM
Montana/Florida
G
Gene Dziza Offline
trapper
Gene Dziza  Offline
trapper
G

Montana/Florida
I've been a "horsedad" for several years now Salem. I spend a lot of time hauling horses, hay, etc., even hauling them back and forth between Montana and Florida, which is a grind. But a friend told me, and I believe it to be true, that there are a lot worse things that a teenage girl can be interested in than a horse. I hope this doesn't offend, but I was watching an episode of Yellowstone and a guy said, "You know what they say about horses and daughters, if your daughter is on top of a horse, aint nobody on top of her."

I'd never own one myself, but they have been very good for my daughter. My daughter loves competing in cowboy mounted shooting. I tell my friends that if your daughter is interested in shooting guns off horseback, you do whatever you have to, to support that passion.

Re: Girls and their horse's [Re: salemtrapper] #7603936
06/12/22 10:19 PM
06/12/22 10:19 PM
SW Georgia
W
Wanna Be Offline
trapper
Wanna Be  Offline
trapper
W

SW Georgia
Lol, true now I use the reason Cameron needs them, bought another 22-250 she asked why do I need that, she has no idea what calibers I have but I said Cameron use it to start deer hunting.. bout another shotgun Cameron needs one to start turkey hunting, bought 22 pistol Cameron needs a trapping gun. Lol I'm wringing this shammy as long as I can. Ive learnt along time ago never ask why just hold in for back up when you want something. Why you need that, it cost so much....... 1. Words horses, ok babe do whatever you want. Before horses it was jewelry.

You do realize women don’t forget…those are now Cameron’s guns, lol.

Re: Girls and their horse's [Re: Wanna Be] #7603964
06/12/22 11:15 PM
06/12/22 11:15 PM
Indiana
P
Providence Farm Offline
trapper
Providence Farm  Offline
trapper
P

Indiana
Originally Posted by Wanna Be

You do realize women don’t forget…those are now Cameron’s guns, lol.

The last two pistols I bought were " because new ones are junk and I won't find older ones in this good of shape ever again and they will last the boys the rest of their lifes" that was over 6 months ago and they still have not been shot.

Re: Girls and their horse's [Re: salemtrapper] #7604191
06/13/22 12:25 PM
06/13/22 12:25 PM
SW Georgia
W
Wanna Be Offline
trapper
Wanna Be  Offline
trapper
W

SW Georgia
I have a drawer full of some “nice/decent” pistols that I’m going to start letting the boys take a pick of on their birthdays. Heck I can’t ever shoot them all and they’d end up with them anyways. Which brings the question from my wife…If your just gonna give them away, why do you keep buying them? And for that I have no answer, lol.

Re: Girls and their horse's [Re: salemtrapper] #7604218
06/13/22 01:13 PM
06/13/22 01:13 PM
missouri
S
salemtrapper Offline OP
trapper
salemtrapper  Offline OP
trapper
S

missouri
Gene not offend what so ever, I agree my baby is only 6 so we have a long time before I worry about boys! But that day is coming

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread