No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Is this genuine? Or an attack on church #7604036
06/13/22 06:35 AM
06/13/22 06:35 AM
williamsburg ks
D
danny clifton Offline OP
"Grumpy Old Man"
danny clifton  Offline OP
"Grumpy Old Man"
D

williamsburg ks

Those who would give up essential liberty, to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)
Re: Is this genuine? Or an attack on church [Re: danny clifton] #7604041
06/13/22 06:41 AM
Eastern Shore of Maryland
HobbieTrapper Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"
HobbieTrapper  Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"

Eastern Shore of Maryland
If it’s from yahoo, it’s an attack.

-Goofy-
Re: Is this genuine? Or an attack on church [Re: danny clifton] #7604042

J
J Staton
Unregistered
J Staton
Unregistered
J

Both. I'm sure there is sexual abuses in the church but the MSM, LGBTQ groups, atheist groups, or individuals will use it to attack the whole church. Just like what happens with cops, trappers, conservatives, etc. by opposition groups.

Last edited by J Staton; 06/13/22 06:43 AM.
Re: Is this genuine? Or an attack on church [Re: danny clifton] #7604048
06/13/22 06:59 AM
06/13/22 06:59 AM

M
Mark June
Unregistered
Mark June
Unregistered
M

Good morning danny.

A Christian church - by definition - is where people gather to exalt God, edify one another, and evangelize the name of Jesus. These are known as the "Marks" of an orthodox (right thinking) church.

It is well known to any leadership in our churches that people with ill intentions seek out places where many people of all ages gather and a church is a top priority to sexual predators. So are baseball coaching, Boy Scouts, Girl Scouts, and places where kids can be recruited minus a parent's oversight.

All this is well known in 2022. I took an assessment and background check, for instance, from a company called "Ministry Safe," to be able to work in a church setting. It's not foolproof but it's one of major companies now in place to help churches know whose working with kids, teens, and adults in different ministries within the church.

We in the church should ALWAYS remember that the first to volunteer may not be the best candidate for the position for a whole host of reasons and some of these reasons are crooked hearted.

But humans have a broken nature danny, and the church is a place where broken and vulnerable people go to find healing and the crooked and perverted among us know that full well.
Oh, and pastors are people too.
None are righteous, no not one. That's why we're called to answer to others, even as pastors. I have a mentor and another pastor who is my overseer according to biblical instructions and all of us pastors need that. If we say we don't, it's a FLAG!
But sadly, and quite some time ago now, churches began ordaining "anyone" at any age and it has made for some very unbiblical churches indeed.

Blessings,
Mark

Re: Is this genuine? Or an attack on church [Re: ] #7604049
06/13/22 07:01 AM
06/13/22 07:01 AM

M
Mark June
Unregistered
Mark June
Unregistered
M

Originally Posted by J Staton
Both. I'm sure there is sexual abuses in the church but the MSM, LGBTQ groups, atheist groups, or individuals will use it to attack the whole church. Just like what happens with cops, trappers, conservatives, etc. by opposition groups.

They will come for "bible thumpers" because evil knows full well where Truth lies.
We see it all around the globe now.

Blessings,
Mark

Re: Is this genuine? Or an attack on church [Re: danny clifton] #7604052
06/13/22 07:06 AM
06/13/22 07:06 AM
williamsburg ks
D
danny clifton Offline OP
"Grumpy Old Man"
"Grumpy Old Man"
D

williamsburg ks
. this is well known in 2022. I took an assessment and background check, for instance, from a company called "Ministry Safe," to be able to work in a church setting.

Thats good to know. Not because I question your sincerity (I do not) but leaders are taking this seriously.

Those who would give up essential liberty, to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)
Re: Is this genuine? Or an attack on church [Re: danny clifton] #7604061
06/13/22 07:15 AM
06/13/22 07:15 AM
Indiana
P
Providence Farm Offline
trapper
Providence Farm  Offline
trapper
P

Indiana
It true on the Southern Baptist front but it's also an attack.

It does not tell the full story. You see once the membership heard of some stories they wanted a full independent investigation. When the leadership pushed to not have one the membership thought that sounded fishy and voted to fund an independent investigation and over road the leadership. Those results came out in the last few weeks. My pastor is currently in California at the convention listed in the article . Before he left we had a full church meeting to discuss how we as a church want to handle the situation. When he comes back with the info on how it will be handled we will decide if that's satisfactory or if we will leave the SBC. The leadership that was involved in the cover ups has been removed and safe gards are being put into place.

One thing I remember in the meeting was the background check group Mark refers to. There was a lot more.

We have policed ourselves funny how that's left out of the article. Also the size of the SBC 47,530 churches and 14,525,579 members. I think the report found around 400 cases over several years I forget the exact time line but a decade or two. A single case is unacceptable but like anything large amounts people are involved with any group some sick one are in those groups.

But we self policed, those involved are being heald accountable, and corrective actions and safeguards are being implemented. If our membership does not believe that's enough or gone far enough we will make our voices heard and have no problems leaving the SBC.

Last edited by Providence Farm; 06/13/22 07:27 AM.
Re: Is this genuine? Or an attack on church [Re: danny clifton] #7604064
06/13/22 07:25 AM
06/13/22 07:25 AM
alabama
BandB Offline
trapper
BandB  Offline
trapper

alabama
While I know abuse happens in churches, just like everywhere else, these stories all talk about rising allegations. Allegations have become facts in today's world. Allegations are now used to tarnish people you disagree with in numerous cases. Just like in Justice Kavanaugh's case, even if there is no proof, the reputation is stained. The real sad part about it, is that it diminishes the seriousness of the offenses suffered by genuine victims. Allegations should be investigated, but just the because an allegation has been made, doesn't mean that an offense has actually occurred.

Re: Is this genuine? Or an attack on church [Re: danny clifton] #7604089
06/13/22 08:29 AM
06/13/22 08:29 AM
Maine, Aroostook
Posco Offline
trapper
Posco  Offline
trapper

Maine, Aroostook
I've mentioned a few times before that many a pastor has stated he doubted more than half of his congregation is truly regenerate. Even regenerate folks still carry about their old sinful nature so it should come as no surprise...and it doesn't to me...if pastor or church members fall into the grossest of sin. Every human being that ever walked the planet is as capable of committing any and all sin under the right circumstance. The whole world lieth in wickedness. It truly does. Get right with God while there's time. The time looks to be getting short.

Re: Is this genuine? Or an attack on church [Re: danny clifton] #7604094
06/13/22 08:50 AM
06/13/22 08:50 AM
Sumner, Mo.
C
claycreech Offline
trapper
claycreech  Offline
trapper
C

Sumner, Mo.
The Catholic Church covered this up for decades.
They knew it was happening.
I can’t speak for other religions, but lots needs to change in the Catholic Church.

Re: Is this genuine? Or an attack on church [Re: danny clifton] #7604096
06/13/22 08:56 AM
06/13/22 08:56 AM
Saskatchewan
R
rvsask Offline
trapper
rvsask  Offline
trapper
R

Saskatchewan
They’re busy selling a bunch of Catholic Churches here in Canada. After convictions of sexual abuse at Catholic ran orphanages over a twenty year span, 50 million was awarded to the victims. Parishioners are surprised to learn their money given to the church over all of this time seems to have went somewhere other than their buildings of faith and now those buildings must be sold. Lol

And the fifty million is pocket change to the Catholic Church itself but you won’t see them covering their debt.

Last edited by rvsask; 06/13/22 09:05 AM.
Re: Is this genuine? Or an attack on church [Re: danny clifton] #7604098
06/13/22 09:04 AM
06/13/22 09:04 AM
Champaign County, Ohio.
K
KeithC Offline
trapper
KeithC  Offline
trapper
K

Champaign County, Ohio.
The timing seems strategic, because most of the statistics have been known for years. I posted them here a few years ago. The left is currently attacking Christian religions in an attempt to sway voters.

Baptist ministers do rape children at a higher percentage rate than any other religion in the US and at a higher percentage rate than men in the US as a whole. Catholic priests are less likely to rape children than men in the US do on average.

There needs to be extremely severe consequences for any person who rapes children and for anyone who helps cover it up,

Keith

Re: Is this genuine? Or an attack on church [Re: danny clifton] #7604100
06/13/22 09:06 AM
06/13/22 09:06 AM
williamsburg ks
D
danny clifton Offline OP
"Grumpy Old Man"
"Grumpy Old Man"
D

williamsburg ks
I believe cover up is common in every brand of religion. Its the same reason judges prosecutors and cops rarely get charged. Its hurts their credibility to admit corruption exists in the organization.

Re: Is this genuine? Or an attack on church [Re: danny clifton] #7604108
06/13/22 09:13 AM
06/13/22 09:13 AM
Champaign County, Ohio.
K
KeithC Offline
trapper
KeithC  Offline
trapper
K

Champaign County, Ohio.
Here's an article I linked from back in 2019 on the massive number of rapes committed by Baptist ministers.

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/ne...al-abuse-spreads-as-leaders-13588038.php

It's been known for a long time how rapey many Baptist ministers are. The liberal press and democrats are digging it up again now to use against conservatives.

It is unforgivable for any minister, priest or anyone else to rape a child. It is unforgivable to cover it up too.

Keith

Re: Is this genuine? Or an attack on church [Re: danny clifton] #7604137
06/13/22 10:18 AM
06/13/22 10:18 AM
IA
T
teepee2 Offline
trapper
teepee2  Offline
trapper
T

IA
I know the Catholic Church likes to think that they are the only ones laugh But I don't think so in this case.

Re: Is this genuine? Or an attack on church [Re: KeithC] #7604199
06/13/22 12:38 PM
06/13/22 12:38 PM
Georgia
warrior Offline
trapper
warrior  Offline
trapper

Georgia
Originally Posted by KeithC
The timing seems strategic, because most of the statistics have been known for years. I posted them here a few years ago. The left is currently attacking Christian religions in an attempt to sway voters.

Baptist ministers do rape children at a higher percentage rate than any other religion in the US and at a higher percentage rate than men in the US as a whole. Catholic priests are less likely to rape children than men in the US do on average.

There needs to be extremely severe consequences for any person who rapes children and for anyone who helps cover it up,

Keith

Post the data, please. That's a pretty big brush you're swinging it needs some hard data to back it up.

Otherwise it's just slander.

[Linked Image]
Re: Is this genuine? Or an attack on church [Re: danny clifton] #7604208
06/13/22 12:56 PM
06/13/22 12:56 PM
Kentucky
ky_coyote_hunter Offline
trapper
ky_coyote_hunter  Offline
trapper

Kentucky
Churches aren't immune to the wiles of satan..Saints continually underestimate his cunning and underhanded operations when churning out temptations and snares...In fact, he puts forth his best efforts to get church folk to stumble and be shamed/silenced for the rest of their temporal lives.

Sure there are rapists, child molesters, adulterers, etc, in churches... But I'll take church folk anytime over the non- believers as a higher standard in moral conduct.

Member - FTA
Re: Is this genuine? Or an attack on church [Re: danny clifton] #7604210
06/13/22 12:59 PM
06/13/22 12:59 PM
Asheville, NC
C
charles Offline
trapper
charles  Offline
trapper
C

Asheville, NC
It is real.

Re: Is this genuine? Or an attack on church [Re: danny clifton] #7604239
06/13/22 02:06 PM
06/13/22 02:06 PM
Champaign County, Ohio.
K
KeithC Offline
trapper
KeithC  Offline
trapper
K

Champaign County, Ohio.
Originally Posted by warrior
Originally Posted by KeithC

Keith

Post the data, please. That's a pretty big brush you're swinging it needs some hard data to back it up.

Otherwise it's just slander.

My original posts are gone now. If a moderator can still see older or possibly deleted posts, searching "Baptist" by KeithC will bring it up.

I'll let you do the math yourself from the data in these. Percentage wise, Baptists clergy molest the most children in the US and at a higher rate than men in general.

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/ne...al-abuse-spreads-as-leaders-13588038.php

https://www.csmonitor.com/USA/Socie...urvivors-of-clergy-sex-abuse-report-says

https://www.baptistpress.com/resour...perceptions-studied-by-lifeway-research/

https://www.newsweek.com/southern-b...scandal-church-christian-leaders-1325750

Keith

Re: Is this genuine? Or an attack on church [Re: danny clifton] #7604526
06/13/22 09:11 PM
06/13/22 09:11 PM
Oakland, MS
yotetrapper30 Offline
trapper
yotetrapper30  Offline
trapper

Oakland, MS
Humans are humans whether they claim to be or are Christians or not. Atheists seem to think that Christians should never make a mistake or screw up. Now, that's not to defend these molesters. Christian, Hindu, Atheist, Wiccan... whatever... they should be ran out on a rail if not imprisoned. But honestly I'm not anymore surprised to hear of a minister molesting someone than I would be a lawyer, or doctor, or fry cook. Because people are people and there is evil in all of them... some much much more than others but no one is exempt from the possibility of acting on evil impulses. A Christian would say that that's Satan's influence. Atheists can call it whatever they want.

~~Proud Ultra MAGA~~
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread