No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: $14,889.60 just to fill up the Diesel Tank ONCE! [Re: Canvasback2] #7604185
06/13/22 12:11 PM
06/13/22 12:11 PM
SW Georgia
W
Wanna Be Offline
trapper
Wanna Be  Offline
trapper
W

SW Georgia
Guess the same question could be asked of why is a person living day to day? If a person is living that way, why haven’t they done something before now to change that way of living? I’m not rich, but the CEO of the company I work for is and I get enough crumbs to not have to live day to day. I need rich people to pay me, lol. Generally the “woe is me crowd” has done nothing to improve their life or life for their family. This is America. Anyone can go from nothing to something. Anyone can go from day to day to month to month or even year to year. We all have “vices” that we could do without and save money. We all have “wants” we could do without to save money. If your job doesn’t pay enough, find another. Prove your worth. Can’t afford store bought food, eat wild game. Plant a garden. I grew up poor, I’m making sure I don’t die poor and my family won’t bear any of my burdens when I die. I don’t care if gas goes to $10 a gallon, I’ll keep living my life just like I did when it was $1 a gallon. Plan for hard times and when they come they won’t be hard times. I preach that to my kids daily. One job doesn’t work, get another. Heck, I’ve told mine to get another just to put that check in the bank or investments. Live like a pauper when you’re young so you can live like a King when your old.

And before anyone gets their feelings hurt, I’ve lived the poor life. One meal a day for me so my family could eat. We would buy a tiny square of hamburger meat and a box of hamburger helper every night for dinner. There are 20+ different varieties of Hamburger Helper just in case anyone was wondering, and I’ve tried them all. I wouldn’t eat it now if it meant I had to go hungry, lol. If we can come from poverty level to middle class then anyone can.

Last edited by Wanna Be; 06/13/22 12:18 PM.
Re: $14,889.60 just to fill up the Diesel Tank ONCE! [Re: cathryn] #7604231
06/13/22 01:40 PM
06/13/22 01:40 PM
Ne pa
J
Jerry Jr. Offline
trapper
Jerry Jr.  Offline
trapper
J

Ne pa
Originally Posted by cathryn
All im saying is I don't give rats (This word is unacceptable on Trapperman) what some person or companies yacth costs to fill up.

They can afford to fill it up or they wouldn't have.

Im.living with the reality of trying to make enough money to keep my gas tank off empty and toilet paper in the house at the aame.time.

Wow, someone is a bit jealous/envious. Maybe you should try living within your means. Living paycheck to paycheck is no way to live. Quit buying all the luxury items.

Time is more precious than gold if you know how to spend it
.... but what do I know, I'm just a dumb farmer.~My Dad
NRA LIFE MEMBER, Endowment Member
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread