No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Re: Bipartisan Gun Deal Announced [Re: w side rd 151] #7604232
06/13/22 01:40 PM
06/13/22 01:40 PM
pa
H
hippie Offline
trapper
hippie  Offline
trapper
H

pa
Originally Posted by w side rd 151
Drifer You wrote a mouthful and you are drop dead right This can open a whole new can of worms Once they take your guns from your home you will be fighting an uphill battle getting them back And you do not have to be accused of or have committed or charged of a crime or misdemeanor .It can just be that you have said something that may mean you are a danger to yourselves or others .In other words once they are gone you will have a hard time getting them back .And if that information can bwe used against you when doing a background you will be denied ever buying another gun

My question still stands unanswered, how to address mental cases and guns?

Look back on the threads on here about these shootings when they happen, and you'll find alot of posts saying mental health needs addressed.

Re: Bipartisan Gun Deal Announced [Re: Finster] #7604242
06/13/22 02:10 PM
06/13/22 02:10 PM
PA
W
w side rd 151 Offline
trapper
w side rd 151  Offline
trapper
W

PA
I do not know any doctor well enough that I trust him with my second amendment rights .If a doctor decides you could be a danger he could require you to have your guns removed from your home. In other words you make what amounts to a threat to someone else and that gets the ball rolling. To get more incite into the whole thing do some research into section 302 of the PA Mental Health Law On the background check it says If you have been adjudicated as a mental defect or have been involuntarily committed to a mental health institution you are not allowed to own or process a gun. That is why the Red Flag laws are so dangerous to otherwise law abiding citizens

Re: Bipartisan Gun Deal Announced [Re: Finster] #7604243
06/13/22 02:14 PM
06/13/22 02:14 PM
Eastern Shore of Maryland
HobbieTrapper Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"
HobbieTrapper  Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"

If you are white you are mentally ill. lol

-Goofy-
Re: Bipartisan Gun Deal Announced [Re: Finster] #7604247
06/13/22 02:29 PM
06/13/22 02:29 PM
PA
W
w side rd 151 Offline
trapper
w side rd 151  Offline
trapper
W

PA
The real problem is this country has money to throw at every social problem that comes down the road But when it comes to actually helping people that need help it is often near to impossible to see that those people are able to get help .What they are given is mountains of paperwork and excuses why they do not qualify .And the person is left not knowing what to do or how to get the help they need. And the government officials stand there and say well it is to bad they slip through the cracks .Nobody wants to get down and do the hard thing to fix the problem just throw more money around.

Re: Bipartisan Gun Deal Announced [Re: Finster] #7604250
06/13/22 02:37 PM
06/13/22 02:37 PM
Nevadafornia
L
Lazarus Offline
trapper
Lazarus  Offline
trapper
L

Nevadafornia
Typical politicians' response to a perceived problem -- let's through some money at it.

Re: Bipartisan Gun Deal Announced [Re: Finster] #7604251
06/13/22 02:43 PM
06/13/22 02:43 PM
Michigan
B
BigBlackBirds Offline
trapper
BigBlackBirds  Offline
trapper
B

Michigan
Originally Posted by hippie
Originally Posted by w side rd 151
Drifer You wrote a mouthful and you are drop dead right This can open a whole new can of worms Once they take your guns from your home you will be fighting an uphill battle getting them back And you do not have to be accused of or have committed or charged of a crime or misdemeanor .It can just be that you have said something that may mean you are a danger to yourselves or others .In other words once they are gone you will have a hard time getting them back .And if that information can bwe used against you when doing a background you will be denied ever buying another gun

My question still stands unanswered, how to address mental cases and guns?

Look back on the threads on here about these shootings when they happen, and you'll find alot of posts saying mental health needs addressed.

AND what is going to happen in x number of years when the political analysts look at the outcomes of increased "funding" for mental health/telehealth resources but they can't correlate a decrease in shootings. I'd say the strategists behind the scenes on all sides are looking at this as an opportunity to play on the popular current slogan concerning lack of mental health resources knowing full well its just a kick the can down the road moment for the time being in order to be in a better spot to achieve their desired goals in the future. Plus they know the demographics will continue to slide in their favor on all accounts. This is only one play in the current book they are operating out of. Sounds nice and easy to say we are going to put some money into mental health resources and tell yourself that will make things fine. Not going to be quite that easy to change the culture of our current society that has opted to slowly condone over a number of decades the base behaviors that have gotten us to the current day.

Re: Bipartisan Gun Deal Announced [Re: BigBlackBirds] #7604258
06/13/22 02:53 PM
06/13/22 02:53 PM
PA
W
w side rd 151 Offline
trapper
w side rd 151  Offline
trapper
W

PA
Agreed In order to fix the problem society must decide it will not allow or tolerate what has been accepted as just everyday common behavior

Re: Bipartisan Gun Deal Announced [Re: Finster] #7604272
06/13/22 03:16 PM
06/13/22 03:16 PM
Northeast Oklahoma
M
Mike in A-town Offline
trapper
Mike in A-town  Offline
trapper
M

Northeast Oklahoma
We all know guns can be obtained illegally.... How much good does it do to take someone's guns but not lock them up if they are believed to be mentally unstable? That person can still go buy a stolen gun out of the trunk of a car and commit mass murder.

Simply taking guns from someone determined to hurt themselves or others is worthless if they can obtain another gun as soon as the cops leave their home.

This is all feel-good nonsense and buzzwords if there is no clear path to confining someone who is genuinely mentally ill. And a LEO is not a psychoanalyst. You need a professional or a panel of them to judge whether or not confinement is necessary.

Mike

One man with a gun may control 100 others who have none.

Vladimir Lenin
Re: Bipartisan Gun Deal Announced [Re: Finster] #7604303
06/13/22 03:57 PM
06/13/22 03:57 PM
ohio
Ohio Wolverine Offline
trapper
Ohio Wolverine  Offline
trapper

ohio

AND what is going to happen in x number of years when the political analysts look at the outcomes of increased "funding" for mental health/telehealth resources but they can't correlate a decrease in shootings. I'd say the strategists behind the scenes on all sides are looking at this as an opportunity to play on the popular current slogan concerning lack of mental health resources knowing full well its just a kick the can down the road moment for the time being in order to be in a better spot to achieve their desired goals in the future. Plus they know the demographics will continue to slide in their favor on all accounts. This is only one play in the current book they are operating out of. Sounds nice and easy to say we are going to put some money into mental health resources and tell yourself that will make things fine. Not going to be quite that easy to change the culture of our current society that has opted to slowly condone over a number of decades the base behaviors that have gotten us to the current day.

[/quote]
From what I've read and seen , everyone of the last few mass shooters , were under FBI surveillance .Yet weren't even questioned .There was reason to check them out , because they even threatened what they wanted to do . Another thing that bothers me and should you .Where did they get the money to buy these guns and other paraphernalia to commit these mass shootings ?FBI HAD THEM ON WATCH , BUYING BULLET PROOF GEAR ISN'T A REASON TO CHECK THEM OUT ?Say what you want , think what you want .JMHO There's more to this than we know .  Or want to believe.

We have met the enemy and the enemy is us!
Re: Bipartisan Gun Deal Announced [Re: Finster] #7604314
06/13/22 04:10 PM
06/13/22 04:10 PM
ohio
Ohio Wolverine Offline
trapper
Ohio Wolverine  Offline
trapper

ohio
Another reason I'm not keen on Constitutional Carry in Ohio.At least as it's posted .DeWine is sitting on a bill for passing the Red Flag Law .He was in favor of it ! But it's held up in the house .So why did he pass Constitutional Carry ?I don't trust him or any politician !Give a little , take a lot ! The bait has been added to the trap .

We have met the enemy and the enemy is us!
Re: Bipartisan Gun Deal Announced [Re: Finster] #7604322
06/13/22 04:16 PM
06/13/22 04:16 PM
Northeast Oklahoma
M
Mike in A-town Offline
trapper
Mike in A-town  Offline
trapper
M

Northeast Oklahoma
One other thing to consider...

If the red flag law passes and police go to someone's home and confiscate their guns... How will they know they got all of them? Crazy boy may have a bunch buried in the backyard that no one knew about. So he digs them up and goes on a spree anyway.

Of course the answer will be... We need a registry to make sure the popo get all of the guns from crazy boy.

Mike

One man with a gun may control 100 others who have none.

Vladimir Lenin
Re: Bipartisan Gun Deal Announced [Re: Finster] #7604366
06/13/22 05:22 PM
06/13/22 05:22 PM
HobbieTrapper Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"
HobbieTrapper  Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"

A felon shot and killed one of our Deputies last night.

His crime before this was armed robbery of a McDonalds which he got probation for in baltimore. We have background checks, red flag laws and a host of hoops to jump through to get a handgun. I wonder how he got his.

Our Sheriff apparently blasted our governor at a press conference.

Last edited by HobbieTrapper; 06/13/22 05:24 PM.

-Goofy-
Re: Bipartisan Gun Deal Announced [Re: Finster] #7604399
06/13/22 06:14 PM
06/13/22 06:14 PM
williamsburg ks
D
danny clifton Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
danny clifton  Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
D

williamsburg ks
Armed robbery and no prison? Hard to imagine there is a judge anywhere in this countries who doesn’t think 10
Years would be a start.

Those who would give up essential liberty, to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)
Re: Bipartisan Gun Deal Announced [Re: danny clifton] #7604405
06/13/22 06:17 PM
06/13/22 06:17 PM
HobbieTrapper Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"
HobbieTrapper  Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"

Originally Posted by danny clifton
Armed robbery and no prison? Hard to imagine there is a judge anywhere in this countries who doesn’t think 10
Years would be a start.

Exactly why the Sheriff blasted the governor and baltimore judges.

Trying to find a link to the presser but they have all been taken down or edited. lol

-Goofy-
Re: Bipartisan Gun Deal Announced [Re: Finster] #7604484
06/13/22 08:25 PM
06/13/22 08:25 PM
2A Sanctuaries-W. OK & N. NM
Blaine County Offline
trapper
Blaine County  Offline
trapper

I don't like any anti-gun legislation, executive orders or agency actions. I have yet to see one that is constitutional. But if this bipartisan window dressing is all we get, we should consider it a decent day from a political standpoint. It's going to get worse and this is a set up for future legislation, but the can got kicked down the road.

I have one more AR10 on the wish list and a few more parts to buy. At that point me, my sons and my future grandsons will be well armed. I suggest everyone else do the same.

Or just complaint about it and be unarmed eventually.

Re: Bipartisan Gun Deal Announced [Re: Blaine County] #7604486
06/13/22 08:29 PM
06/13/22 08:29 PM
Indiana
P
Providence Farm Offline
trapper
Providence Farm  Offline
trapper
P

Indiana
Originally Posted by Blaine County
I don't like any anti-gun legislation, executive orders or agency actions. I have yet to see one that is constitutional. But if this bipartisan window dressing is all we get, we should consider it a decent day from a political standpoint. It's going to get worse and this is a set up for future legislation, but the can got kicked down the road.

I have one more AR10 on the wish list and a few more parts to buy. At that point me, my sons and my future grandsons will be well armed. I suggest everyone else do the same.

No hurry to buy them. A single shot will do. Just get the m16 out of the trunk of the cruiser when your done and now you have one fully decked out complete with happy switch. Since the feds have been handing out full autos for over a decade there is at least one in the trunk of most cruisers.

In all seriousness most people's time and money would be better spent on getting into shape, buying and leaving how to use survival equipment like food preservation and procurement, waste storage and purification, transport, and communications equipment. But most people get caught up on their guns and 1k of ammo forgetting about the rest of the things it takes to survive like medical training and supplies or even shelter.

Last edited by Providence Farm; 06/13/22 08:34 PM.
Re: Bipartisan Gun Deal Announced [Re: Providence Farm] #7604505
06/13/22 08:42 PM
06/13/22 08:42 PM
Blaine County Offline
trapper
Blaine County  Offline
trapper

Originally Posted by Providence Farm

No hurry to buy them. A single shot will do. Just get the m16 out of the trunk of the cruiser when your done and now you have one fully decked out complete with happy switch. Since the feds have been handing out full autos for over a decade there is at least one in the trunk of most cruisers.

In all seriousness most people's time and money would be better spent on getting into shape, buying and leaving how to use survival equipment like food preservation and procurement, waste storage and purification, transport, and communications equipment. But most people get caught up on their guns and 1k of ammo forgetting about the rest of the things it takes to survive like medical training and supplies or even shelter.

I don't disagree with the preparedness comment. We are and happen to shoot a lot too. I have two boys that go through a lot of ammo on our range.....

Re: Bipartisan Gun Deal Announced [Re: Providence Farm] #7604508
06/13/22 08:46 PM
06/13/22 08:46 PM
HobbieTrapper Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"
HobbieTrapper  Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"

Originally Posted by Providence Farm

Or just complaintcomplain about it and be unarmed eventually.

Good plan PF. I, myself, plan on picking up guns and ammo off of bodies, at least the ones not damaged by the blast.

-Goofy-
Re: Bipartisan Gun Deal Announced [Re: Finster] #7604511
06/13/22 08:49 PM
06/13/22 08:49 PM
Oakland, MS
yotetrapper30 Offline
trapper
yotetrapper30  Offline
trapper

Oakland, MS
Y'all are gonna get yourselves thrown in prison before the war ever starts posting crap like this.

~~Proud Ultra MAGA~~
Re: Bipartisan Gun Deal Announced [Re: yotetrapper30] #7604514
06/13/22 08:50 PM
06/13/22 08:50 PM
HobbieTrapper Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"
HobbieTrapper  Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"

Originally Posted by yotetrapper30
Y'all are gonna get yourselves thrown in prison before the war ever starts posting crap like this.

It’s in the book. Don’t get too excited. lol

-Goofy-
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread