No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Blackstone Griddle hack for wind guards. #7607286
06/17/22 08:25 PM
06/17/22 08:25 PM
Wabash, IN USA
Flipper 56 Offline OP
trapper
Flipper 56  Offline OP
trapper

Wabash, IN USA
Go to Dollar Tree and get the 1.25 stainless scraper/cutter and make wind guards for the griddle.
If you have one with a hood, no matter, works perfectly.
Take a big screwdriver or anything and spread one end of the handle side so you can slide another one inside. Put 2 or 3 depending on the distance and you can adjust for a perfect fit.
Heats more even and gets hotter with less gas.
They just clip on and hang so you can take them off to clean.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

"Where Can A Man Find Bear Beaver And Other Critters Worth Cash Money When Skinned?"

Re: Blackstone Griddle hack for wind guards. [Re: Flipper 56] #7607290
06/17/22 08:30 PM
06/17/22 08:30 PM
Midlands South Carolina
S
SGT. C Offline
trapper
SGT. C  Offline
trapper
S

Midlands South Carolina
Thanks for the tip. Sarge

Getting old is a fatal mistake

Always looking for reloading componets

I know a beaver or two, because I've seen a beaver or two
Re: Blackstone Griddle hack for wind guards. [Re: Flipper 56] #7607294
06/17/22 08:35 PM
06/17/22 08:35 PM
Georgia
warrior Offline
trapper
warrior  Offline
trapper

Georgia
Whats the big deal with these griddles? Other than a large cook top for those times you need to make a few dozen pancakes I don't see it.

[Linked Image]
Re: Blackstone Griddle hack for wind guards. [Re: warrior] #7607303
06/17/22 08:48 PM
06/17/22 08:48 PM
Oakland, MS
yotetrapper30 Offline
trapper
yotetrapper30  Offline
trapper

Oakland, MS
Originally Posted by warrior
Whats the big deal with these griddles? Other than a large cook top for those times you need to make a few dozen pancakes I don't see it.

I think they'd be handy for people with big families.... fried taters, grilled veggies, even burgers not to mention being able to make all of breakfast at once... taters, hash browns, eggs....

~~Proud Ultra MAGA~~
Re: Blackstone Griddle hack for wind guards. [Re: warrior] #7607306
06/17/22 08:54 PM
06/17/22 08:54 PM
Wabash, IN USA
Flipper 56 Offline OP
trapper
Flipper 56  Offline OP
trapper

Wabash, IN USA

I watched some videos of a guy that was in the navy and you would be amazed at the things that can be done on a griddle. It's fun, no dishes and the food cooks in its own juices instead of falling between the grates adding more flavor.

"Where Can A Man Find Bear Beaver And Other Critters Worth Cash Money When Skinned?"

Re: Blackstone Griddle hack for wind guards. [Re: Flipper 56] #7607356
06/17/22 09:48 PM
06/17/22 09:48 PM
Georgia
warrior Offline
trapper
warrior  Offline
trapper

Georgia
Oh I agree a big griddle is nice when you got a bunch to cook for. I got a cast iron one that fits two of the eyes on my stove. Handy for pancakes when I have all the grands here.

Just wondering why everyone wants one for outdoors cooking. It's not like you can do bbq on them. I would think a fish fryer set up would be more useful.

[Linked Image]
Re: Blackstone Griddle hack for wind guards. [Re: warrior] #7607367
06/17/22 10:18 PM
06/17/22 10:18 PM
Worthington, IN
S
Scott T Offline
trapper
Scott T  Offline
trapper
S

Worthington, IN
Oh I agree a big griddle is nice when you got a bunch to cook for. I got a cast iron one that fits two of the eyes on my stove. Handy for pancakes when I have all the grands here.

Just wondering why everyone wants one for outdoors cooking. It's not like you can do bbq on them. I would think a fish fryer set up would be more useful.

I have a griddle that goes on a two burner camp chef. It is for breakfast and then you remove it for a cast iron pan to fry fish in. The best of both worlds.

Looks like he needs another year;-)
Re: Blackstone Griddle hack for wind guards. [Re: warrior] #7607383
06/17/22 10:44 PM
06/17/22 10:44 PM
Wabash, IN USA
Flipper 56 Offline OP
trapper
Flipper 56  Offline OP
trapper

Wabash, IN USA

You really can-do BBQ, fish, shrimp, stir fry, chicken and you can sear a steak and keep the moisture in. Way more stuff than eggs and pancakes. You don't have to cover the 28" griddle with food, you can steam vegetables under a baster lid on part of it and prepare the rest of the dinner on other parts using the different heat ranges on the surface.

You can brown chicken skin that is seasoned cooking in its juices and add the BBQ sauce after it's done because the sugar cooks very fast and caramelizes to a nice crust.

My wife was skeptical as well until she watched some youtube on griddle cooking and I made our dinner for the first time.

Do the clean-up as you cook and you can eat when the food is done. Fun learning something new.

Re: Blackstone Griddle hack for wind guards. [Re: Flipper 56] #7607402
06/17/22 11:14 PM
06/17/22 11:14 PM
nm
A
adam m Offline
trapper
adam m  Offline
trapper
A

nm
Originally Posted by Flipper 56

You really can-do BBQ, fish, shrimp, stir fry, chicken and you can sear a steak and keep the moisture in. Way more stuff than eggs and pancakes. You don't have to cover the 28" griddle with food, you can steam vegetables under a baster lid on part of it and prepare the rest of the dinner on other parts using the different heat ranges on the surface.

You can brown chicken skin that is seasoned cooking in its juices and add the BBQ sauce after it's done because the sugar cooks very fast and caramelizes to a nice crust.

My wife was skeptical as well until she watched some youtube on griddle cooking and I made our dinner for the first time.

Do the clean-up as you cook and you can eat when the food is done. Fun learning something new.

Exactly. There's so much you can cook on them it's insane. The one I have has an electric air fryer and warming basket. So there's even more you can cook.
I use my blackstone all the time to cook various foods for my family and friends.

Re: Blackstone Griddle hack for wind guards. [Re: warrior] #7607614
06/18/22 11:05 AM
06/18/22 11:05 AM
ny
U
upstateNY Offline
trapper
upstateNY  Offline
trapper
U

ny

Cook breakfast for 10 or 15 people and youl see how handy they are.

the wheels of the gods turn very slowly
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread