No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Christian Soldiers [Re: ] #7607531
06/18/22 08:10 AM
06/18/22 08:10 AM

M
Mark June OP
Unregistered
Mark June OP
Unregistered
M

The Holy "set apart" Priests of the time of Jesus - the Pharisees - who memorized Torah as part of their teaching and training >>>> expected a Messiah who would, as Daniel and Ezekiel and many of the prophets had foretold, put an end to the suffering of the Israelites at the hands of the Romans. Who were the Romans? They were an incredibly cruel empire to those they lorded over, which we have no concept of in our own culture. None. Nada.

So Jesus came as a gift from God and was killed by those He created from the dust, because humans have our nature of sin in us at a level so deep that and we're just really good at wielding it and giving explanations as to why it's a good thing we're doing what we're doing.
That hasn't changed one drop since Adam and the woman called "life."
But is any sinful action worthy?
THAT has been a great question since the garden and our hearts are no different today than a Pharisee looking at a Roman soldier contemplating how he'd like that person "poofed," when we call for "action!"

We serve a Mighty God and God's Plan is His Plan and we are part of that narrative.
That said, we are equipped with the armor of our Lord, which is in us for a reason.
And that reason is to serve others.
Not our selfish, me, me, me selves.
Which is what the flesh, the world, and Satan screams at us to do.

Personally, I have made the decision as a pastor and as a leader (husband) of a wife and children and grandchildren to protect my hearth and home.
I don't need to fight for God. He's good at any point. His Church will stand and not be defeated by the demons of the father of lies, so though I'm saddened by a lot of things I sit amidst, I'm always glad God has this all where he wants it.
And I remember always, God does some of his best work during our suffering and I get that. We're so hard headed and cold hearted as a creation, the barnacles are THICK, THICK, THICK and our attention span is terrible.... so a bit of quiet time prayerfully reflecting upon things is all good for our eternal souls.
Which is the long game of God.

Blessings!
Mark

Re: Christian Soldiers [Re: foxkidd44] #7607550
06/18/22 08:52 AM
06/18/22 08:52 AM

J
J Staton OP
Unregistered
J Staton OP
Unregistered
J

Originally Posted by foxkidd44
sadly, it appears that our dept of justice is quite aware of this threat..............but deem upset parents as the real terrorists. if these individuals do in fact commit acts of terrorissim.........and get caught..............I don't feel as though they will be properly prosecuted. we live in a different time......where evil is good....and good is evil. the Christ foretold of this................

If only equal justice under the law still existed the approach of dealing with leftist terrorist would be so different. Nowadays it's either cower or fight.

Re: Christian Soldiers [Re: ] #7607553
06/18/22 08:57 AM
06/18/22 08:57 AM
North East Kansas
Marty Offline
trapper
Marty  Offline
trapper

North East Kansas
Originally Posted by J Staton
sadly, it appears that our dept of justice is quite aware of this threat..............but deem upset parents as the real terrorists. if these individuals do in fact commit acts of terrorissim.........and get caught..............I don't feel as though they will be properly prosecuted. we live in a different time......where evil is good....and good is evil. the Christ foretold of this................

If only equal justice under the law still existed the approach of dealing with leftist terrorist would be so different. Nowadays it's either cower or fight.

^very true, on both statements.

E
'Honey Badger Militia'
Sleep, the anti woke adote.
Re: Christian Soldiers [Re: ] #7607559
06/18/22 09:08 AM
06/18/22 09:08 AM

M
Mark June OP
Unregistered
Mark June OP
Unregistered
M

All is in line with a "shame and honor" system of justice.
Those above get to do rule those beneath them in any manner they deem necessary.
THAT IS the system which has dominated the human race since humans got to decide what is good and evil in their own sight.

I'm dispensationalist, meaning I hold that God has given various dispensations - including government and law - to keep humans from totally annihilating one another as His Plan proceeds.
Since prideful people prefer to be served, rather than to serve, it's no wonder the shame and honor system is a default in us.
Augustine was correct.
Nations rise and nations fall according to God's Will.

While humans meet on a global scale how to dictate to the climate. How grand we are.... we think.

God must surely be slow to anger.

Blessings,
Mark

Re: Christian Soldiers [Re: BigBob] #7607560
06/18/22 09:14 AM
06/18/22 09:14 AM
SD
T
TC1 Offline
trapper
TC1  Offline
trapper
T

SD
Originally Posted by BigBob
Originally Posted by TC1
[quote=BigBob]Those are the tactics that the ANTI-abortion people used.

Bombing medical centers is one, fire bombing Dr's houses is another. including assaults, MURDER, that's why EXTREME, ANTI ABORTION ACTIVIST'S ARE CONSIDERED DOMESTIC TERRORISTS..

Google:"Anti Abortion Tactics, Wikipedia".

Really, Wikipedia? Cmon BB, gotta try harder than that. Go on Rumble and search Wikipedia. See what it is. Try it. Not saying there are not individual nut jobs out there. But only one side has factions and groups supported by them that get no actions taken on them. Look at the idiots outside conservative justices homes committing a federal crime non- stop for weeks now with not a hair on their chins touched. Or the entire summer of love and looting that took place just a bit ago. You seriously can’t be arguing for them can you?

Long live the MAGA King
Re: Christian Soldiers [Re: ] #7607671
06/18/22 12:31 PM
06/18/22 12:31 PM
central arkansas
T
the Blak Spot Offline
trapper
the Blak Spot  Offline
trapper
T

central arkansas
What should we do about Jane's Revenge? Pray that their hearts should change or prepare to send them to meet their Maker?
If you don't know Jane's Revenge is a pro abortion group threatening violence against Pro life centers/groups and churches if Roe v. Wade is overturned.

Well. I do pray for these types of people, but (for example) if I am sitting in a church service and they come in with intent to do bodily harm, well, let’s just say there are a bunch of us who are ready to deal with that

the just shall live by faith

member FTA, ATA, EAFT
1776 - the year we told a tyrant we weren't to be under a dictator
Caveat ater macula
Re: Christian Soldiers [Re: ] #7607676
06/18/22 12:41 PM
06/18/22 12:41 PM

J
J Staton OP
Unregistered
J Staton OP
Unregistered
J

Spot, as it should be. The church is my family as well as those folks who work in those ministries of pregnancy crisis centers and such. As a Christian soldier ,not military, I feel it my obligation/duty to serve in the defense of my fellow brothers and sisters in Christ both spiritually and if necessary physically.

Re: Christian Soldiers [Re: TC1] #7607726
06/18/22 02:21 PM
06/18/22 02:21 PM
St. Louis Co, Mo
B
BigBob Offline
trapper
BigBob  Offline
trapper
B

St. Louis Co, Mo
Really, Wikipedia? Cmon BB, gotta try harder than that. Go on Rumble and search Wikipedia. See what it is. Try it. Not saying there are not individual nut jobs out there. But only one side has factions and groups supported by them that get no actions taken on them. Look at the idiots outside conservative justices homes committing a federal crime non- stop for weeks now with not a hair on their chins touched. Or the entire summer of love and looting that took place just a bit ago. You seriously can’t be arguing for them can you [/quote]

Don't know how old you are, but I remember it being on the news and all the papers at the time.

Last edited by BigBob; 06/18/22 02:21 PM.

Every kid needs a Dog and a Curmudgeon.

Remember Bowe Bergdahl, the traitor.

Beware! Jill Pudlewski, Ron Oates and Keven Begesse are liars and thiefs!
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread