No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Sciatica back pain chiropractor? [Re: mudtracker] #7608616
06/19/22 08:59 PM
MN
M
Mark K Online happy
trapper
Mark K  Online Happy
trapper
M

MN
You wanna drive yourself insane?

Put your wallet in the other back pocket.

Re: Sciatica back pain chiropractor? [Re: mudtracker] #7608617
SEPA
L
Lugnut Offline
trapper
Lugnut  Offline
trapper
L

SEPA
Four and a half weeks ago I did something to my back at work. I was building a table for an art studio I had just finished remodeling and spent an hour or two sitting cross-legged and lying in my back attaching the legs.

The pain started slow. It was centered on my hip joint and radiated down my leg to my knee. Within two hours it was getting worse I was having difficulty walking. I left work early. The next day it was much worse. I couldn't walk without severe pain for the next several days. Four days later, on Saturday I went to I went to a local Urgent Care. They prescribed Prednisone and Naproxin. As White17 said, the Prednisone works but only masks the pain. I figured I was cured, did a days work and ended up unable to walk again due to overdoing it.

Two days later I went to the ER. They took hip X-rays (all good, nothing broke), prescribed Methocarbmol and advised me to see an orthopedist. I saw him a week later. He took back x-rays and prescribed methylprednisolone.

Each of those three doctors spent less than three minutes with me. Each simply wrote a script and got me out of there ASAP.

My daughter and son-in-law talked me into going to their chiropractor. I called and they booked me for the following day. I called the ortho's office and requested my x-rays which they gave me on a DVD. The chiro sat down with me and actually talked to me for ten-twelve minutes. We examined my x-rays and he explained a lot of stuff then came up with a treatment plan.

He did an adjustment, the some electro massage and finally I spent twenty minutes on an automated massage table.

That night was my first pain-free night since the injury more than two weeks prior.

I went back to work last week, loaded forty fifty pound bags of concrete mix, poured a small conc. pad and began dry laying the cast concrete boulders for a water feature by a pool.

My leg still gets pretty sore. I have another session with the chiro this week and an appointment with a physical therapist. We'll see how it goes with the PT guy or girl.

Eh...wot?

Re: Sciatica back pain chiropractor? [Re: Feedinggrounds] #7608701
06/19/22 10:58 PM
06/19/22 10:58 PM
SE Iowa USA
A
AKAjust Offline
trapper
AKAjust  Offline
trapper
A

SE Iowa USA
Originally Posted by Feedinggrounds
I had 2 bulged discs, L4 and L5 combined with degenerative bone disease. Was crippled up bad 4 years ago. 60 pounds over weight also. Doc said a big no to bone cracker. Physical therapy including hanging upside down on an incline table. 4 years later I lost about 65#. Still go daily to Phys. Therapy, but on the lightly supervised gym side. Bought a $150 generic Teeter like table for home. I hang upside down 3 nights a week for 3 minutes, tip up then about 3 more minutes, right before bed. As the Old Teeter guy on TV says, "I FEEL GREAT!" Tthe inversion table was a game changer, along with weight loss for me.

I'd love to try an inversion table but with both hips replaced i don't thing it is a really good idea.
just

Re: Sciatica back pain chiropractor? [Re: white17] #7608716
06/19/22 11:17 PM
06/19/22 11:17 PM
Orergon
A
alaska viking Offline
"Made it two years not being censored"
alaska viking  Offline
"Made it two years not being censored"
A

Orergon
Originally Posted by white17
I'd never let a chiro touch me. I licensed massage therapist can work wonders if you can find a good one.

I suffer from chronic back pain. I can barely get around until I have been vertical for a couple hours.

A toradol injection can bring immediate relief and Prednisone will fix you right up if your doc will give it to you.

This. 100% correct.

Just doing what I want now.

Re: Sciatica back pain chiropractor? [Re: mudtracker] #7608727
06/19/22 11:36 PM
06/19/22 11:36 PM
mo.
N
nate Offline
trapper
nate  Offline
trapper
N

mo.
Look into prolo therapy.

Re: Sciatica back pain chiropractor? [Re: mudtracker] #7608731
06/20/22 12:13 AM
06/20/22 12:13 AM
Southern Virginia, 50 yr old
V
VaBeagler Offline
trapper
VaBeagler  Offline
trapper
V

Southern Virginia, 50 yr old
I have a sciatica flare up about every 3 years. I can not get the cortisone shot because I have myestenia.
My sister is into natural healing. She suggested taking Tumeric vitamins daily.
May just be a coincidence but my last episode I started taking the Tumeric and 2 days later I was fine. Take one daily, urine is neon yellow but knock on wood no more back issues.

Re: Sciatica back pain chiropractor? [Re: mudtracker] #7608735
06/20/22 12:31 AM
06/20/22 12:31 AM
Waterville Minnesota
M
mudtracker Offline OP
trapper
mudtracker  Offline OP
trapper
M

Waterville Minnesota
Used my dads inversion table this afternoon. I think there might be something to that. Going to do it a few more times. Sitting very comfortable in my recliner now. Hoping to have a good night for sleeping. I really appreciate all the feedback guys.

WHO MADE THIS MESS ALL OVER MY FLOOR THE MUDTRACKER WAS HERE HE HE HE
Re: Sciatica back pain chiropractor? [Re: mudtracker] #7608756
06/20/22 04:31 AM
06/20/22 04:31 AM
Northern lower Michigan
Feedinggrounds Offline
trapper
Feedinggrounds  Offline
trapper

Northern lower Michigan
Originally Posted by mudtracker
Used my dads inversion table this afternoon. I think there might be something to that. Going to do it a few more times. Sitting very comfortable in my recliner now. Hoping to have a good night for sleeping. I really appreciate all the feedback guys.

I really like mine. It was explained to me this way, the discs compress all day while upright,standing walking and lifting. They loose fluid. By inverting right before bed or laying down, the discs are relieved of pressure, and stay that way while laying down or sleeping. Glad you're getting some relief. My Dr. said this is very common in hard working people. Calls it wear and tear disease. once pain is under control, look into core strengthening.

Last edited by Feedinggrounds; 06/20/22 04:31 AM.

you're only allowed so many sunrises... I aim to see every one of them!
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread