No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Couldn't stand to listen to the news [Re: ] #7610730
06/23/22 07:38 AM
Southern Illinois
F
Foxpaw Offline
trapper
Foxpaw  Offline
trapper
F

Southern Illinois
A lot of medical advancements were made when man understood the concept of no-see-ums in the drinking water. God was way ahead of us with Laws of Hygiene in the times when man didn't have microscopes and couldn't understand the mechanics of why Gods' laws were good. Of course quarantines then for lepers, today would be against the individuals rights when implemented for say ebola.

Re: Couldn't stand to listen to the news [Re: Boco] #7610731
Hancock Co., Indiana
Kart29 Offline
trapper
Kart29  Offline
trapper

Hancock Co., Indiana
Originally Posted by Boco
The biggest problem today is everyone on all sides trying to force other people to think like them.(Bible thumpers are not exempt)
People need to respect other people,and their freedom of choice and not go around trying to nail imaginary lifts on other peoples shoes.
One good example is the animal rights crowd.If you dont want to wear fur,that is fine with me-freeze or move to where its warm-dont try to force me to think like you when I have made my choice.That is disrespectful.

Oh that's rich! First you say the problem is that "everyone on all sides trying to force other people to think like them". Then, in your very next sentence you proclaim what you think everyone needs to do. That's just about the height of hypocrisy! crazy

What from Christ that soul can sever,
Bound by everlasting bands?
None shall take thee
From the Strength of Israel's hands.

Re: Couldn't stand to listen to the news [Re: ] #7610790
06/23/22 08:58 AM
06/23/22 08:58 AM
Saskatchewan
R
rvsask Offline
trapper
rvsask  Offline
trapper
R

Saskatchewan
Mark, it could be. It could also be wondered if people who don’t think there is an afterlife are more in tune with the beauty and wonder of life too you know. In my experience they are.

All I know is that my great grandma said there was nothing good about the good old days. She lived the early 1900’s not me, so I’m thinking her insight is better than mine. What I do know is that those that pretend they’d rather go back there are just that, pretenders. The ignorance that accompanied those people living in those times definitely helped to contribute to the fact that so many kinds and mothers died then. Was it willful ignorance? What contributed most to that ignorance is bliss lifestyle?

Upstate, I’m not blaming faith, just pointing out that it didn’t do much to make circumstances better outside of coming to terms with another dead kid.

Last edited by rvsask; 06/23/22 08:59 AM.
Re: Couldn't stand to listen to the news [Re: Boco] #7610873
06/23/22 11:09 AM
06/23/22 11:09 AM
MN
Q
Quartermastersir Offline
trapper
Quartermastersir  Offline
trapper
Q

MN
The biggest problem today is everyone on all sides trying to force other people to think like them.(Bible thumpers are not exempt)
People need to respect other people,and their freedom of choice and not go around trying to nail imaginary lifts on other peoples shoes.
One good example is the animal rights crowd.If you dont want to wear fur,that is fine with me-freeze or move to where its warm-dont try to force me to think like you when I have made my choice.That is disrespectful.

I disagree with your "EVERYONE on all sides" comment. to put things in perspective I'm right wing, just a little right of Reagan (he was wrong on immigration) and I don't care what you do,(within the law) what you put where with who (leave the kids alone) or what you want to be ( mflgbtqkqrs), or what you say. (I want everybody to hear how crazy you are) Nor am I going to FORCE you think, act, or agree with me. And I do not think I am in the minority of the "right" or conservative view.
But unfortunately there ARE crazy people on my side who would FORCE you think, act, or agree with them. May they be on the first rocket into the sun.
I want you to be able to do and think whatever you want, but I DEMAND that you do the same for me. Perhaps you're confusing this "demand" for me wanting others to think like me.

Re: Couldn't stand to listen to the news [Re: ] #7610878
06/23/22 11:17 AM
06/23/22 11:17 AM
Northern Wisconsin,Rhinelander
Hodagtrapper Offline
Muskrat Master
Hodagtrapper  Offline
Muskrat Master

Northern Wisconsin,Rhinelander
TV is on for a total of 10 minutes a day as my wife and I watch the local weather report(s). Try to gather as much news as I can stomach online via various websites but even then it takes a a lot of discernment to flesh out the truth no matter what site I happen to be on. Try to make the most of life and enjoy God's creation as that provides me with the most sanity as I weave my way through my life here on earth.

Chris

>>In God we trust<<
Re: Couldn't stand to listen to the news [Re: Quartermastersir] #7610887
06/23/22 11:24 AM
06/23/22 11:24 AM
james bay frontierOnt.
B
Boco Offline
trapper
Boco  Offline
trapper
B

james bay frontierOnt.
Originally Posted by Quartermastersir

I disagree with your "EVERYONE on all sides" comment. to put things in perspective I'm right wing, just a little right of Reagan (he was wrong on immigration) and I don't care what you do,(within the law) what you put where with who (leave the kids alone) or what you want to be ( mflgbtqkqrs), or what you say. (I want everybody to hear how crazy you are) Nor am I going to FORCE you think, act, or agree with me. And I do not think I am in the minority of the "right" or conservative view.
But unfortunately there ARE crazy people on my side who would FORCE you think, act, or agree with them. May they be on the first rocket into the sun.
I want you to be able to do and think whatever you want, but I DEMAND that you do the same for me. Perhaps you're confusing this "demand" for me wanting others to think like me.

I'm not confusing anything-there are just as many forcers on the right as the left.

Forget that fear of gravity-get a little savagery in your life.
Re: Couldn't stand to listen to the news [Re: ] #7611014
06/23/22 02:33 PM
06/23/22 02:33 PM
wyoming southeast
D
danvee Offline
trapper
danvee  Offline
trapper
D

wyoming southeast
God loves all.

Re: Couldn't stand to listen to the news [Re: Boco] #7611126
06/23/22 05:57 PM
06/23/22 05:57 PM
NC
B
bowhunter27295 Offline
trapper
bowhunter27295  Offline
trapper
B

NC

I agree with you boco. For instance, if someone wants to get a shot that they think immunizes them against a disease they should. If they don't want to, they shouldn't be forced to because someone else wants them to.

Bravo boco. You do have some respect for other people. I am proud of you for finally respecting other peoples choices and opinions.

How many lies will people believe before they realize their own idiocy?
Re: Couldn't stand to listen to the news [Re: ] #7611148
06/23/22 06:21 PM
06/23/22 06:21 PM
james bay frontierOnt.
B
Boco Offline
trapper
Boco  Offline
trapper
B

james bay frontierOnt.
I was always for the choice.Just make sure you follow the law after you make your choice,and dont go around infecting others if you choose not to get immunized.
That is not forcing,it is your choice,and other peoples choice who want to get the shot and carry on.

Re: Couldn't stand to listen to the news [Re: ] #7611154
06/23/22 06:25 PM
06/23/22 06:25 PM
NC
B
bowhunter27295 Offline
trapper
bowhunter27295  Offline
trapper
B

NC
Perhaps you should elect people who agree with your opinion. Such a shame you have the piece of crap you have and yet we never had to deal with anything near what your government enforced.

So the days of you calling truckers of Canada criminals and vagrants are over. It is wonderful how you now see the err of your ways.

People can change after all.

What a respectful person you have become.

I am proud of you boco.

smile

Re: Couldn't stand to listen to the news [Re: ] #7611157
06/23/22 06:33 PM
06/23/22 06:33 PM
james bay frontierOnt.
B
Boco Offline
trapper
Boco  Offline
trapper
B

james bay frontierOnt.
I havent changed my opinion at all,
If you choose not to get vaxed I have the choice also not to be exposed to your filthy infested carcass in public.
Your choice my choice.Just like other public health laws i dont have to put up with you urinating or defecating in the street.

Re: Couldn't stand to listen to the news [Re: Boco] #7611161
06/23/22 06:37 PM
06/23/22 06:37 PM
NC
B
bowhunter27295 Offline
trapper
bowhunter27295  Offline
trapper
B

NC
I agree. So if you ever see my filthy infested carcass, please get out of my way. I have a life to live free of fear.

Now if I were you, I would be more worried about what your beloved trudump is going to do to your ability to own firearms LEGALLY.

You see, I know this bothers you because you are a law and order man and follow all laws like a good canadian subject.

I worry for you also boco. Good luck in your endeavors to legally keep your firearms.

Re: Couldn't stand to listen to the news [Re: ] #7611164
06/23/22 06:39 PM
06/23/22 06:39 PM
MB
J
Jurassic Park Offline
trapper
Jurassic Park  Offline
trapper
J

MB
Boco wears a mask in his vehicle fo sho! Question is does he wear one on the snowmobile on his trap line?

Cold as ice!
Re: Couldn't stand to listen to the news [Re: Boco] #7611169
06/23/22 06:42 PM
06/23/22 06:42 PM
Idaho Falls, ID
G
Grandpa Trapper Offline
trapper
Grandpa Trapper  Offline
trapper
G

Idaho Falls, ID
I havent changed my opinion at all,
If you choose not to get vaxed I have the choice also not to be exposed to your filthy infested carcass in public.
Your choice my choice.Just like other public health laws i dont have to put up with you urinating or defecating in the street.

Unless a person lives in one of our liberal run big cities like San Francisco and Los Angeles, that person has to put up with not only scum bags urinating and defecating in the streets but in places like grocery stores. As far as being vaxed, I am and still got the Omicron virus. So much for the jabs protecting me from Covid.

Re: Couldn't stand to listen to the news [Re: ] #7611171
06/23/22 06:44 PM
06/23/22 06:44 PM
james bay frontierOnt.
B
Boco Offline
trapper
Boco  Offline
trapper
B

james bay frontierOnt.
Never wore a mask and still have all my guns,Never lost a single one.
You can make stupid choices but you have to pay the price.
You can choose to shoot someone-that is your choice,unfortunately for you others dont have to put up with your stupid choices because there are consequences for making them.
It bothers you because you cant go around being irresponsible.

Last edited by Boco; 06/23/22 06:45 PM.

Re: Couldn't stand to listen to the news [Re: ] #7611174
06/23/22 06:53 PM
06/23/22 06:53 PM
NC
B
bowhunter27295 Offline
trapper
bowhunter27295  Offline
trapper
B

NC
No what bothers me is I have to be around people who are told they are being responsible by proven liars and tell me I am the one who should get with the program.

Those type of people are, as you say, ejits.

But you aren't like that anymore. You have come to a place of peace and harmony and now respect other people's opinions and choices. Heck you have stopped calling people who have difference of opinion with you silly names like infested and filthy.

My heart is filled with joy now knowing how respectful you have now become.

I am proud of you boco.

Re: Couldn't stand to listen to the news [Re: ] #7611199
06/23/22 07:13 PM
06/23/22 07:13 PM
james bay frontierOnt.
B
Boco Offline
trapper
Boco  Offline
trapper
B

james bay frontierOnt.
Your a phoney.
Like a little kid who wants his puddin without eating his meat.

Re: Couldn't stand to listen to the news [Re: rvsask] #7611370
06/23/22 10:19 PM
06/23/22 10:19 PM

M
Mark June OP
Unregistered
Mark June OP
Unregistered
M

Originally Posted by rvsask
Mark, it could be. It could also be wondered if people who don’t think there is an afterlife are more in tune with the beauty and wonder of life too you know. In my experience they are.

All I know is that my great grandma said there was nothing good about the good old days. She lived the early 1900’s not me, so I’m thinking her insight is better than mine. What I do know is that those that pretend they’d rather go back there are just that, pretenders. The ignorance that accompanied those people living in those times definitely helped to contribute to the fact that so many kinds and mothers died then. Was it willful ignorance? What contributed most to that ignorance is bliss lifestyle?

Upstate, I’m not blaming faith, just pointing out that it didn’t do much to make circumstances better outside of coming to terms with another dead kid.

The people who came before us were ignorant? Is that your thesis?
Why are you arguing for life and the accompanying grieving which is natural in us if your atheism belief system parks on progression of a species?
That's a Christian construct and has no place in evolutionary theory you realize.
Being smarter as we all and all.

Blessings,
Mark

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread