No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: What is lost in simplicity and the easy way ? [Re: Wolfdog91] #7614785
06/28/22 04:58 PM
06/28/22 04:58 PM
Oakland, MS
Drifter Offline
trapper
Drifter  Offline
trapper

Oakland, MS
Craftsmanship. Sometimes takes hours to get back to where you started.

Some individuals use statistics as a drunk man uses lamp-posts — for support rather than for illumination.

Andrew Lang (1844-1912) Scottish poet, novelist and literary critic

Life member NTA , and GA Trappers assoc .
Re: What is lost in simplicity and the easy way ? [Re: Wolfdog91] #7614946
06/28/22 09:24 PM
06/28/22 09:24 PM
Virginia
52Carl Offline
trapper
52Carl  Offline
trapper

Virginia
I used to do a lot of nuisance beaver work for a county. I had one guy accuse me of being lazy based on my approach of catching the problem beavers causing flooded roads.
He preferred to go on a thorough search of the entire swamp to find the lodge and where trees were being cut down, and set heavy.
I did not need to know where the lodge is in most cases, and avoided disturbing it unless I had no other option. I don't like to stir up the entire family group right away, since most of these beavers are new to these roadside sites, tearing out the dam and messing with the lodge can cause these beavers to leave and not return for weeks.
My strategy was to catch them one or two per day without disturbing the whole family. I would generally be done in a weeks time.
Lazy? Simple? Effective? The third one is the only one I care about.

Re: What is lost in simplicity and the easy way ? [Re: Wolfdog91] #7614973
06/28/22 09:56 PM
06/28/22 09:56 PM
Western Shore Delaware
SJA Offline
trapper
SJA  Offline
trapper

Western Shore Delaware
What is lost in simplicity and the easy way IMO is the "Human Nature Factor" to generally not want to accept the basic fundamentals of something. "We" are sometimes wanting to "re-invent the wheel", improve it, make it better, etc. There are two theories: If it ain't broke, don't fix it . . . and if it ain't broke, . . . you ain't tryin' hard enough! (Red Green) grin

"Humans are the hardest people to get along with."
Dr. Phillip Snow
Re: What is lost in simplicity and the easy way ? [Re: Wolfdog91] #7615034
06/28/22 11:21 PM
06/28/22 11:21 PM
N. Carolina
S
Scout1 Offline
trapper
Scout1  Offline
trapper
S

N. Carolina
K.I.S.S. Keep it Simple and Stupid. Best acronym ever.

-------------------------------------
DJT & MTG in 2024!
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread