No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Unusual sighting #7618432
07/03/22 11:45 AM
07/03/22 11:45 AM
wisconsin
M
Muskratwalt Offline OP
trapper
Muskratwalt  Offline OP
trapper
M

wisconsin
I was driving in my hometown city of Eau Claire 2 days ago on a busy secondary Street doing about 30 mph when a small animal hopped out of the brush from a corner lot adjacent to a park and cemetery. Crossing the sidewalk it stopped at the curb watching my now slowly approaching truck. It then turned and disappeared back into the brush. It was a mink and looks like a big male. The closest water is Half Moon Lake about three or four blocks away where coincidentally I caught my first mink win in high school. This is my first sighting of a wild mink in the city limits since then. Might be an omen.

Walt legge
Re: Unusual sighting [Re: Muskratwalt] #7618471
07/03/22 01:04 PM
07/03/22 01:04 PM
East-Central Wisconsin
B
bblwi Offline
trapper
bblwi  Offline
trapper
B

East-Central Wisconsin
We have a lot more mink in our area of WI too the last couple years. I see several dead on the highway the last couple years. Also got more on the rivers trapping this year. From about 2000- 2019 I saw far less mink.

Bryce

Re: Unusual sighting [Re: Muskratwalt] #7618480
07/03/22 01:15 PM
07/03/22 01:15 PM
Mn
N
nightlife Offline
trapper
nightlife  Offline
trapper
N

Mn
I drive around the twin cities every day and it’s surprising just what I see lots of mink often in places you wouldn’t really expect them to be and a lot of otters, many off ramps have water in he circles made by the exits and a lot of them house otters at various times not to mention mink and muskrats

I think I have seen just about every animal native to MN except for moose and wolves in the twin cities

�Everything in excess! To enjoy the flavor of life, take big bites. Moderation is for monks.�
― Robert A. Heinlein
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread