No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: Why is Bill Gates buying so much farmland? [Re: Grandpa Trapper] #7620342
07/05/22 11:40 PM
07/05/22 11:40 PM
Marion Kansas
Y
Yes sir Offline
"Callie's little brother"
Yes sir  Offline
Y

Marion Kansas
Money and power corrupt and Bill Gates isn't above it. He's definitely a big player in the new Liberal World Order movement. And I for one don't trust the guy one bit and it's mostly from things he says and does. You guys on his side are drinking the Kool aid.

Re: Why is Bill Gates buying so much farmland? [Re: Grandpa Trapper] #7620390
07/06/22 01:41 AM
07/06/22 01:41 AM
Idaho Falls, ID
G
Grandpa Trapper Offline OP
trapper
Grandpa Trapper  Offline OP
trapper
G

Idaho Falls, ID
In 2014, Bill Gates donated one million dollars to The Washington Alliance for Gun Responsibility, an anti-gun organization. Pundit Mike Weisser commented that gun control supporters had “landed a game changing ally.” Bill gates is no ally of gun owners. As Yer sir said above he is big player in the New Liberal World Order. If this donation to an anti-gun organization doesn’t convince you, then nothing will.

Re: Why is Bill Gates buying so much farmland? [Re: danny clifton] #7620528
07/06/22 09:38 AM
07/06/22 09:38 AM
Hancock Co., Indiana
Kart29 Offline
trapper
Kart29  Offline
trapper

Hancock Co., Indiana
Originally Posted by danny clifton
Where do you think he should invest?

You can’t buy what aint for sale BTW

Why don't you try to explain that to Walmart. laugh

What from Christ that soul can sever,
Bound by everlasting bands?
None shall take thee
From the Strength of Israel's hands.

Re: Why is Bill Gates buying so much farmland? [Re: tomahawker] #7620542
07/06/22 09:57 AM
07/06/22 09:57 AM
MN
D
Donnersurvivor Offline
trapper
Donnersurvivor  Offline
trapper
D

MN
Originally Posted by tomahawker
While 270k acres is just a drop in the bucket there’s a few North Dakota farm kids who ain’t got a prayer to compete with his money. What are they gonna farm? No you don’t have to be a dentist to get your teeth cleaned but I sure would like to see farmers buying farm ground. Fact is, most farmers can’t afford to buy farm ground and that my friends is a real problem.

Land accumulation by a few wealthy individuals is speculated to have greatly contributed to the fall of Sparta. When the price of land requires 30 years of farming to break even how can anyone get a start? Farming is becoming a rich person's hobby like hunting in Europe.

Re: Why is Bill Gates buying so much farmland? [Re: Grandpa Trapper] #7620552
07/06/22 10:23 AM
07/06/22 10:23 AM
AK / ND
A
aknome Offline
trapper
aknome  Offline
trapper
A

AK / ND
The loss of the small family farm has been going on and accelerating for at least 50 years. Capitalism at work. Why would a retiring farmer sell his land for $800 an acre when someone will write a check for $1200? The big farms keep getting larger because of economics. They can buy fuel, seed, fertilizer and such in bulk and run modern large equipment lowering their cost of production and increasing profit margins.
Ask yourself why USA pork and poultry production is dominated by China. Someone sold them that opportunity. Bill Gates buying a spud farm should the least of your worries.

Re: Why is Bill Gates buying so much farmland? [Re: Grandpa Trapper] #7620580
07/06/22 11:01 AM
07/06/22 11:01 AM
ohio
T
tomahawker Offline
trapper
tomahawker  Offline
trapper
T

ohio
Real deal in the trenches farmer here. What you think you know you read somewhere. We farmers are living it, don’t try and tell us anything. The point isn’t selling to the highest bidder, it’s that the highest bidder rarely is a farmer. Take your economics course rhetoric back in the house. We’ll farm the land

Re: Why is Bill Gates buying so much farmland? [Re: white17] #7620582
07/06/22 11:04 AM
07/06/22 11:04 AM
havelock, NC
Rye Offline
trapper
Rye  Offline
trapper

havelock, NC
Originally Posted by white17
No question that he believes the population of the planet is too great. Is that an unreasonable thing to believe ?

I honestly can't disagree with him. I've said for years that we've exceeded carrying capacity.

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living; the world owes you nothing; it was here first. "
--Mark Twain.

Re: Why is Bill Gates buying so much farmland? [Re: Rye] #7620583
07/06/22 11:07 AM
Marion Kansas
Y
Yes sir Offline
Yes sir  Offline
Y

Marion Kansas
Originally Posted by Rye
No question that he believes the population of the planet is too great. Is that an unreasonable thing to believe ?

I honestly can't disagree with him. I've said for years that we've exceeded carrying capacity.

Based off what standard or what data?

Re: Why is Bill Gates buying so much farmland? [Re: Yes sir] #7620585
OH
Catch22 Offline
trapper
Catch22  Offline
trapper

OH
Originally Posted by Yes sir
Money and power corrupt and Bill Gates isn't above it. He's definitely a big player in the new Liberal World Order movement. And I for one don't trust the guy one bit and it's mostly from things he says and does. You guys on his side are drinking the Kool aid.

Yep

I wonder if tap dancers walk into a room, look at the floor, and think, I'd tap that. I wonder about things.....
Re: Why is Bill Gates buying so much farmland? [Re: Grandpa Trapper] #7620593
07/06/22 11:14 AM
07/06/22 11:14 AM
Piscataquis County, ME
M
Mainelogger Offline
trapper
Mainelogger  Offline
trapper
M

Piscataquis County, ME
The big thing around here is Solar panels they're buying farmland and clear cutting land to put more and more of these eye sores.

Re: Why is Bill Gates buying so much farmland? [Re: tomahawker] #7620686
07/06/22 02:14 PM
07/06/22 02:14 PM
McGrath, AK
W
white17 Offline

"General (Mr.Sunshine) Washington"
white17  Offline

W

McGrath, AK
Originally Posted by tomahawker
His deal with Africa is an effort to raise folks out of poverty. When you raise peoples standard of living, you raise their consciousness of the environment, i.e. less pollution. I’ve been to Africa twice, the country side is pristine. Towns and cities are over run with trash and detritus. On a level that’s truly mind blowing and difficult to comprehend. However, he and most others have it backwards. By raising the standard of living they will accelerate the population boom and that will be the nail in the coffin for wildlife. Intertribal warfare, harsh living conditions, tse tse flies, and the mosquito are wildlife’s best friend over there. Oh and hunting dollars.

A lot of people might think that is a reasonable conclusion but history would prove them wrong.

Most countries, ours included, have gone through or are going through a period of time when their economies are/were mainly agrarian. In first world countries it is easy to see how that has changed. When most people lived on farms there were more kids because they were needed to do the work and take care of the parents as they aged. As an example, look at the orphan trains that ran regularly from the East coast to the west...carrying orphans that the farmers across the USA took in as family members. Fresh labor for the farmer and a home & family for the kids.

Modern medicine and improved nutrition have changed that dynamic. Reduced infant mortality has resulted in a lower birthrate throughout Western Civilization.

The fertility rate in North America is about 1.6, UK is 1.63, Japan is 1.38, EU is 1.5

But Africa is well over 5.6-6.8

Gate's position is that by reducing infant mortality we will see the same process take place in Africa as we have seen elsewhere. Consequently his focus on vaccines for childhood diseases and improving sanitation and food production.

HIV is a huge stumbling block in Africa. Many of the people are HIV positive and many get treated. But they still starve to death. A real dilemma.

I think that attempts to address very high fertility rates, inheritance issues, and lack of education for girls, is imperative to get the problems in Africa and India under control. I think Gates has made a more concerted effort in that regard than anyone or any government.

Mean As Nails
Re: Why is Bill Gates buying so much farmland? [Re: yukonjeff] #7620690
07/06/22 02:19 PM
07/06/22 02:19 PM
McGrath, AK
W
white17 Offline

white17  Offline

W

McGrath, AK
Originally Posted by yukonjeff
Bill Gates is using Africa and India as an experimental laboratory with live people for "vaccines" (that are totally not population control) trying to develop markets for unapproved vaccines for drug companies he has interest in.

"All of these programs had accounts forced injections and uninformed consent, as a result, many people were injured and died.

These health campaigns, under the guise of saving lives, have relocated large scale clinal trials of untested, or unapproved drugs to developing markets where administering drugs is less regulated and cheaper"

....and then there was the Epstein Island vacations.

I'd appreciate some hard evidence of those things Jeff. Not something from Twitter or Facebook please.

I'd also like to know what drug companies he "has an interest in". I am assuming you mean a financial interest.

Mean As Nails
Re: Why is Bill Gates buying so much farmland? [Re: Grandpa Trapper] #7620727
07/06/22 03:19 PM
07/06/22 03:19 PM
M.T.V. Alaska
Y
yukonjeff Offline
trapper
yukonjeff  Offline
trapper
Y

M.T.V. Alaska
I cant find the article I took that quote from yesterday, Google probably scrubbed it. Look yorself if you want.

If you want to stick your neck out for this dirt bag be my guest. His wife already distanced herself from him. I think we are going to see him in jail someday for his pedifhila with Mr Epsteins.

BTW him and Warren Buffet are the largest donor to planned parenthood. So why is he saving children while funding aborting them ? It dont make sense

Last edited by yukonjeff; 07/06/22 03:19 PM.
Re: Why is Bill Gates buying so much farmland? [Re: Grandpa Trapper] #7620745
07/06/22 03:57 PM
07/06/22 03:57 PM
McGrath, AK
W
white17 Offline

white17  Offline

W

McGrath, AK
Actually MacKenzie Scott ( Bezos ex-wife) is the single largest donor to Planned Parenthood. 275 million. Largest by a long shot. About 200 times the size of BG & WB

Buffet and Gates donation was for domestic violence prevention and education in Latin America. Not abortions.

A fundamental misunderstanding apparently, is that Gates is trying to "save" children. He is try to reduce infant mortality and subsequent conceptions.

I'd be willing to put money on never seeing Gates in jail for anything.

As for what Gates owns, here's what the foundation owns.....no drug companies

FOUNDATION

And here is his personal portfolio........no drug companies

PERSONAL

Mean As Nails
Re: Why is Bill Gates buying so much farmland? [Re: Grandpa Trapper] #7620755
07/06/22 04:22 PM
07/06/22 04:22 PM
wyoming southeast
D
danvee Offline
trapper
danvee  Offline
trapper
D

wyoming southeast
He is a very intelligent individual that has money and is investing it in land, not any land but some of the best farm land in the world. Everyone on the planet needs to eat and by being able to grow food you have great opportunity for keeping your investments growing. I hope he continues to use it to help people and that greed does not take over his direction in life.

Re: Why is Bill Gates buying so much farmland? [Re: white17] #7620760
07/06/22 04:38 PM
07/06/22 04:38 PM
M.T.V. Alaska
Y
yukonjeff Offline
trapper
yukonjeff  Offline
trapper
Y

M.T.V. Alaska
Originally Posted by danvee
He is a very intelligent individual that has money and is investing it in land, not any land but some of the best farm land in the world. Everyone on the planet needs to eat and by being able to grow food you have great opportunity for keeping your investments growing. I hope he continues to use it to help people and that greed does not take over his direction in life.

He is planning on raising bugs on that land for food and you will be happy, and then shut the rest down so he is in control of the food supply, you know the too many pesky human people thing again he wants to fix.
Actually MacKenzie Scott ( Bezos ex-wife) is the single largest donor to Planned Parenthood. 275 million. Largest by a long shot. About 200 times the size of BG & WB

Buffet and Gates donation was for domestic violence prevention and education in Latin America. Not abortions.

A fundamental misunderstanding apparently, is that Gates is trying to "save" children. He is try to reduce infant mortality and subsequent conceptions.

I'd be willing to put money on never seeing Gates in jail for anything.

As for what Gates owns, here's what the foundation owns.....no drug companies

FOUNDATION

And here is his personal portfolio........no drug companies

PERSONAL

Do you own shares of Microsoft smile

Re: Why is Bill Gates buying so much farmland? [Re: Grandpa Trapper] #7621057
07/06/22 11:45 PM
07/06/22 11:45 PM
New Hampshire
N
Nessmuck Offline
trapper
Nessmuck  Offline
trapper
N

New Hampshire
Anyone tied with Fauci…I wouldn’t trust

It is better to die on your feet than to live on your knees.
Re: Why is Bill Gates buying so much farmland? [Re: Grandpa Trapper] #7621065
07/07/22 12:03 AM
07/07/22 12:03 AM
Idaho Falls, ID
G
Grandpa Trapper Offline OP
trapper
Grandpa Trapper  Offline OP
trapper
G

Idaho Falls, ID
Anybody that donates one million dollars to gun control is no friend of ours. So I don’t understand how some of you still defend him. I saw a report on The Ingraham Angle tonight called Globalist Want Their Hands On Agriculture. Bill Gates is a Globalist so I wonder what the sinister reasoning is Bill Gates wants all this agricultural land. If you trust him, good for you. I sure don’t. And I don’t care how much charity work he is involved with. He is still an enemy of gun owners.

Re: Why is Bill Gates buying so much farmland? [Re: Grandpa Trapper] #7621130
07/07/22 07:19 AM
07/07/22 07:19 AM
Kansas
Pawnee Offline
trapper
Pawnee  Offline
trapper

Kansas
Originally Posted by Yes sir

Amen

Originally Posted by Grandpa Trapper
Anybody that donates one million dollars to gun control is no friend of ours. So I don’t understand how some of you still defend him. I saw a report on The Ingraham Angle tonight called Globalist Want Their Hands On Agriculture. Bill Gates is a Globalist so I wonder what the sinister reasoning is Bill Gates wants all this agricultural land. If you trust him, good for you. I sure don’t. And I don’t care how much charity work he is involved with. He is still an enemy of gun owners.

Yep

Everything the left touches it destroys
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread