No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: How's Your Bee's [Re: yukonjeff] #7619339
07/04/22 06:49 PM
07/04/22 06:49 PM
Indiana
P
Providence Farm Offline
trapper
Providence Farm  Offline
trapper
P

Indiana
I got 3 of those same queens 2 failed.and the 3rd I'd doing OK.

I lost one hive, I was waiting on the queen cells to hatch and the population dropped to low cells.hatched but I'm guessing the queen didn't make it back. Ended with that hive having laying workers and getting robed out.

Honestly It's probably good because I don't have enough drawn comb for the amount of expansion I did this year. So I'm going to be able to take the boxes off the failed hive frees a few days then use on other hives so they have a place to to store for winter.

I tried to start 2 nuks with queen cells one got 2 frame of bees the other got one frame. Both failed. One the queen didn't make it out of her cell she looked stuck and died the other had queen cells stung and killed but no queen.

I'm small time but hopefully will have 9 hives going into winter. Several are low population and not very strong now. Hopefully they will build up.

My two hives at my only out yard are huge population but not building any wax. Brood frams 80% full and back filled with eggs. They also have a bad moods. No working those hives without a lot of smoke vail and long sleeve. I'm thinking the bad mood may be from the coons that I have been helping my friend get rid of but it's just a wild guess that maybe the coons have been bothering them at night but I have no evidence.

Both hives were swarms from my farm and I can often work the bees on the farm in shorts and a t shirt often without a vail so it seems odd to me they are more aggressive. Hopefully they will be good producers next Year

Re: How's Your Bee's [Re: yukonjeff] #7619345
07/04/22 06:55 PM
07/04/22 06:55 PM
Pa.
B
Bigbrownie Online content
trapper
Bigbrownie  Online Content
trapper
B

Pa.
Gonna take honey off next week. I have at least ten hives that have filled three shallows. All the swarms I got this year are also kicking butt. A couple should make a good crop of goldenrod honey come September.

Re: How's Your Bee's [Re: Bigbrownie] #7619358
07/04/22 07:30 PM
07/04/22 07:30 PM
PA
M
Marathon Offline
trapper
Marathon  Offline
trapper
M

PA
I’m probably gonna pull honey next week too. Got a few supers probably. I wasn’t quite ready for the flow. Didn’t have enough drawn comb to put on.

Re: How's Your Bee's [Re: yukonjeff] #7620022
07/05/22 04:34 PM
07/05/22 04:34 PM
Timmins Ontario
G
gibb Offline
trapper
gibb  Offline
trapper
G

Timmins Ontario
Mine are swarming had 2 swarms in the couple of days, one hive I had already made a split from it, the other took forever to get up to speed.
I had added supers to both but the weather has been brutal here.
We have a good flow on but the bees are having hard time working it with the rain and cool weather.

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread