No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Children are Being Taught Propaganda In Schools #7620107
07/05/22 06:58 PM
07/05/22 06:58 PM
Fredonia, PA.
Finster Offline OP
trapper
Finster  Offline OP
trapper

Fredonia, PA.

I BELIEVE IN MY GOD, MY COUNTRY AND IN MYSELF.
Re: Children are Being Taught Propaganda In Schools [Re: Finster] #7620119
07/05/22 07:10 PM
07/05/22 07:10 PM
Over there.
F
Flicker Shad Offline
trapper
Flicker Shad  Offline
trapper
F

Over there.
We have for decades. Our schools have been modeled after the German industrial age.

Re: Children are Being Taught Propaganda In Schools [Re: Finster] #7620167
07/05/22 08:07 PM
07/05/22 08:07 PM
williamsburg ks
D
danny clifton Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
danny clifton  Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
D

williamsburg ks
I had propaganda shoved down my throat might as well let this generation enjoy some of it

Those who would give up essential liberty, to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)
Re: Children are Being Taught Propaganda In Schools [Re: danny clifton] #7620227
07/05/22 09:06 PM
07/05/22 09:06 PM
Fredonia, PA.
Finster Offline OP
trapper
Finster  Offline OP
trapper

Fredonia, PA.
Originally Posted by danny clifton
I had propaganda shoved down my throat might as well let this generation enjoy some of it

No idea what that even means?

I BELIEVE IN MY GOD, MY COUNTRY AND IN MYSELF.
Re: Children are Being Taught Propaganda In Schools [Re: Finster] #7620237
07/05/22 09:16 PM
07/05/22 09:16 PM
IA
K
Kong Offline
trapper
Kong  Offline
trapper
K

IA
Find out if your school teaches Social Emotional Learning. Then find out what company, platform they use, what ages, how they use it. What does SEL mean to your school?

Then do a lot of investigative research on the company and SEL program they use. Once you start peeling the layers back on that onion, you will truly see what is becoming of our public school systems . Not good. They are trying to steer a certain culture and a certain way of thinking.

Re: Children are Being Taught Propaganda In Schools [Re: Finster] #7620238
07/05/22 09:19 PM
07/05/22 09:19 PM
Maine, Aroostook
Posco Offline
trapper
Posco  Offline
trapper

Maine, Aroostook
Pro-America propaganda every once in a while wouldn't kill 'em, at least not the students.

Re: Children are Being Taught Propaganda In Schools [Re: Finster] #7620244
07/05/22 09:24 PM
07/05/22 09:24 PM
williamsburg ks
D
danny clifton Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
danny clifton  Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
D

williamsburg ks
It means if you dont have more influence over your kids than their teacher you got bad trouble even if you pull them out of school.

when i was in high school we got the imminent ice age, war on poverty, oil is running out, send money to developing nations (never any mention why they aint developing) poor poor wisest men on earth indians, and dont eat dolphins shoved down our throats daily. i never bought into any of it and your kid wont either if you spend time with it.

Those who would give up essential liberty, to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)
Re: Children are Being Taught Propaganda In Schools [Re: Finster] #7620245
07/05/22 09:27 PM
07/05/22 09:27 PM
2A Sanctuaries-W. OK & N. NM
Blaine County Offline
trapper
Blaine County  Offline
trapper

They say the Pledge of Allegiance in our school system. There is no trans nonsense. My kids and their friends are far from woke. Sure, it's different than when I was in school but it's also 2022. Society is different too.

Overall, I am very pleased and have no reason to buy the internet propaganda.

Talk to your kids. It's not that bad everywhere.

Re: Children are Being Taught Propaganda In Schools [Re: Finster] #7620248
07/05/22 09:31 PM
07/05/22 09:31 PM
Over there.
F
Flicker Shad Offline
trapper
Flicker Shad  Offline
trapper
F

Over there.
American schools. Be quiet. Don't question the teacher. Go where you're supposed to go when the bell rings. Conform. Been like that for decades. Teaches you to go to work and be another cog in the system rather than teach a real education.

Re: Children are Being Taught Propaganda In Schools [Re: Blaine County] #7620251
07/05/22 09:32 PM
07/05/22 09:32 PM
Over there.
F
Flicker Shad Offline
trapper
Flicker Shad  Offline
trapper
F

Over there.
Originally Posted by Blaine County
They say the Pledge of Allegiance in our school system. There is no trans nonsense. My kids and their friends are far from woke. Sure, it's different than when I was in school but it's also 2022. Society is different too.

There's more to it than that.

Re: Children are Being Taught Propaganda In Schools [Re: Flicker Shad] #7620258
07/05/22 09:38 PM
07/05/22 09:38 PM
Blaine County Offline
trapper
Blaine County  Offline
trapper

Originally Posted by Flicker Shad
Originally Posted by Blaine County

There's more to it than that.

Originally Posted by Flicker Shad
American schools. Be quiet. Don't question the teacher. Go where you're supposed to go when the bell rings. Conform. Been like that for decades. Teaches you to go to work and be another cog in the system rather than teach a real education.

It's school, not a vacation for the students. And, where was this free for all party you dream of from decades ago?

I was punished regularly at school....decades ago.

Re: Children are Being Taught Propaganda In Schools [Re: Finster] #7620332
07/05/22 11:25 PM
07/05/22 11:25 PM
Georgia
warrior Offline
trapper
warrior  Offline
trapper

Georgia
Originally Posted by Finster

No idea what that even means?

Yup, I got my fill of it in school. I used to go round and round with my 11th grade Western Civ teacher calling out his crap. It helped that my mama was also a teacher and my principal was on the board of deacons with daddy. He was a card carrying commie.
But kids these days kids aren't as well read as I and my brothers were.

[Linked Image]
Re: Children are Being Taught Propaganda In Schools [Re: danny clifton] #7620345
07/05/22 11:45 PM
07/05/22 11:45 PM
Indiana
P
Providence Farm Offline
trapper
Providence Farm  Offline
trapper
P

Indiana
It means if you dont have more influence over your kids than their teacher you got bad trouble even if you pull them out of school.

when i was in high school we got the imminent ice age, war on poverty, oil is running out, send money to developing nations (never any mention why they aint developing) poor poor wisest men on earth indians, and dont eat dolphins shoved down our throats daily. i never bought into any of it and your kid wont either if you spend time with it.

Most parents days go something like this.

Get kids up while getting ready for work. Feed them a quick breakfast and off to school they go. Morning rush very little time is spent with kids.

After school kids go to day care parents pick up after work some time between 5 and 7 pm. Get the kids feed something quick often a freezer meal while mom and dad if mom and dad are together rare these days are also unwinding from their day checking emails and such. While kids watch TV or play video games. Then off to bed and repeat the next day. Time spent with kids 3hrs maybe. Time spent with kids paying attention maybe 45 min to an hour.

They put someone else in a position of authority over their kids for for most of the day. That influence can't be counteracts in an hour or less by distracted parents. Parents don't raise their kids the system does. They lie to themselves thinking they raise their kidsto feel better about themselves.

Last edited by Providence Farm; 07/05/22 11:49 PM.
Re: Children are Being Taught Propaganda In Schools [Re: Finster] #7620352
07/05/22 11:57 PM
07/05/22 11:57 PM
AK
F
FairbanksLS Offline
trapper
FairbanksLS  Offline
trapper
F

AK
It’s unrealistic to compare the schools in a rural red state to urban blue states. Full time college students from urban areas are allowed to vote in local elections in some states. That should be a concern for people in those states.

formerly posting as white dog
Re: Children are Being Taught Propaganda In Schools [Re: Providence Farm] #7620368
07/06/22 12:40 AM
07/06/22 12:40 AM
Oregon
H
H2ORat Offline
trapper
H2ORat  Offline
trapper
H

Oregon

Get kids up while getting ready for work. Feed them a quick breakfast and off to school they go. Morning rush very little time is spent with kids.

After school kids go to day care parents pick up after work some time between 5 and 7 pm. Get the kids feed something quick often a freezer meal while mom and dad if mom and dad are together rare these days are also unwinding from their day checking emails and such. While kids watch TV or play video games. Then off to bed and repeat the next day. Time spent with kids 3hrs maybe. Time spent with kids paying attention maybe 45 min to an hour.

They put someone else in a position of authority over their kids for for most of the day. That influence can't be counteracts in an hour or less by distracted parents. Parents don't raise their kids the system does. They lie to themselves thinking they raise their kidsto feel better about themselves.
[/quote]
Exactly correct for at least 50 percent of parents in our area -- exactly why the wife quit working and home/ charter schooled our 2. People don't realize the subtleties of public school indoctrination.

Re: Children are Being Taught Propaganda In Schools [Re: FairbanksLS] #7620373
07/06/22 12:49 AM
07/06/22 12:49 AM
Oregon
H
H2ORat Offline
trapper
H2ORat  Offline
trapper
H

Oregon
Originally Posted by white dog
It’s unrealistic to compare the schools in a rural red state to urban blue states. Full time college students from urban areas are allowed to vote in local elections in some states. That should be a concern for people in those states.

How about the rural blue state areas (there are more than you think -- just out voted by the urbans) -- our state allows illegals to vote signs them up at the DMV - that should be more of a concern. The schools are not that much different -- taking fed money for fed programs. A little more control in small rural but not much - still sucking fed teat.

Re: Children are Being Taught Propaganda In Schools [Re: H2ORat] #7620466
07/06/22 08:09 AM
07/06/22 08:09 AM
Indiana
P
Providence Farm Offline
trapper
Providence Farm  Offline
trapper
P

Indiana
Originally Posted by H2ORat

Exactly correct for at least 50 percent of parents in our area -- exactly why the wife quit working and home/ charter schooled our 2. People don't realize the subtleties of public school indoctrination. [/quote]

And also part of why we made the choice to homeschool. Had issues with our rural school, add in child care, fuel, vehicle, and time cost. Turns out after the cost are added up it makes more since for my wife to teach and raise the kids vs. The small amount of money she would clear expenses.

Re: Children are Being Taught Propaganda In Schools [Re: Finster] #7620525
07/06/22 09:33 AM
07/06/22 09:33 AM
SE Kentucky
K
kytrapper Offline
trapper
kytrapper  Offline
trapper
K

SE Kentucky
They start even before grade school with the Nickelodeon cartoons, particularly Baby Shark. I have two three year old grand daughters and you really need to watch what they are exposed to. Baby Shark teaches its ok to have two mommies and you can be a prince or a princess, your choice. I have banned some of them. Bottom line is you have to be actively involved because the world wants to steal them from you.

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread