No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Take the time to praise a good job. #7627824
07/16/22 08:23 AM
07/16/22 08:23 AM
Indiana
P
Providence Farm Online content OP
trapper
Providence Farm  Online Content OP
trapper
P

Indiana
People are wrapped up in themselves seldom seeing other people as people with lives and struggles. Everyone is going through life and as a population we have lost sight of that.

Most are very quick to complain but few take the time to compliment. Service sector workers deal with more from people in a day than I can tolerate in a year. Some well earned most not.

Take the time to ask people how they are and not as a I truly don't care and just being polite but really lesson and engage them. When someone does a good job don't just tell them but take the time to tell their boss.

An example from yesterday. I went th the drive through and the young lady taking money was so happy smiling and up beat I was taken back. Her mood was contagious and quickly made me smile. I told her how nice it was and drove to the next window to get my order. Night and day. That young guy looked miserable and was just glad to get me out of his window. I wondered what was going on in his life to effect him so badly.

I parked going into another store grabbed the Mc Donald's # off the recipe and called the manager and complimented the youn lady and how great a job she was doing.

I make calls like that several times a year. Managers seem to really like them. After all normally when someone asks to speak with them it to complain not compliment.

Just one of my rambling thoughts while working another long day. If we invest just a little of our time in people I believe very small investments in time and positive encouragement can go a long way in helping get our country back on track. It's severely lacking in the me, me,me right now instant gratification society we live in. It takes literally nothing but a few minutes to show a stranger your interested in them and their life and put a smile on there face.

Re: Take the time to praise a good job. [Re: Providence Farm] #7627848
07/16/22 08:51 AM
07/16/22 08:51 AM
Michigan
coonlove Offline
trapper
coonlove  Offline
trapper

Michigan
Random acts of kindness are never wrong.

"I'm the paterfamilias"
Re: Take the time to praise a good job. [Re: Providence Farm] #7627863
07/16/22 09:15 AM
07/16/22 09:15 AM
Iowa
T
trapdog1 Offline
trapper
trapdog1  Offline
trapper
T

Iowa
Good post, PF. Lots of people out there deserve praise for a job well done, but rarely get it.

Re: Take the time to praise a good job. [Re: trapdog1] #7627868
07/16/22 09:19 AM
07/16/22 09:19 AM
Minnesota
330-Trapper Offline

trapper
330-Trapper  Offline

trapper

Minnesota
Originally Posted by trapdog1
Good post, PF. Lots of people out there deserve praise for a job well done, but rarely get it.

Amen

NRA and NTA Life Member
www.BackroadsRevised@etsy.com

Re: Take the time to praise a good job. [Re: Providence Farm] #7627893
07/16/22 09:40 AM
07/16/22 09:40 AM
kodiak alaska
O
otter3006 Offline
trapper
otter3006  Offline
trapper
O

kodiak alaska
Positive can be contagious,

Re: Take the time to praise a good job. [Re: Providence Farm] #7627938
07/16/22 10:27 AM
07/16/22 10:27 AM
Wisconsin
B
Bear Tracker Online content
trapper
Bear Tracker  Online Content
trapper
B

Wisconsin
Love this post very true. I told all of my administrators over the years a thank you goes a long way. Also at our tow board meeting the other night we have a young grading roads etc. he's learning and improving. I was appointed town board chairman the other night. I backed up the meeting and complimented him, we have one old guy that always complains about his work. He really appreciated the compliment.

Re: Take the time to praise a good job. [Re: Providence Farm] #7628025
07/16/22 12:40 PM
07/16/22 12:40 PM
Northern Nevada
B
Bob Offline
trapper
Bob  Offline
trapper
B

Northern Nevada
Just the other day my dad and I ate lunch at a buffet and the waitress we had was incredible. It seemed like she genuinely loved her job and was so enthusiastic about serving us, and every other table in her section. My tea never even got close to being empty, and when she saw that I had ribs on my plate from the buffet she didn’t even ask, she just ran right over with extra napkins. We didn’t call her manager, but she got a very hefty tip.

"I have two guns, one for each of ya."
Re: Take the time to praise a good job. [Re: Providence Farm] #7628081
07/16/22 01:46 PM
07/16/22 01:46 PM
Ohio
S
stinkypete Offline
trapper
stinkypete  Offline
trapper
S

Ohio
A thank you and a compliment cost nothing. They are great to give, and are well received. Unfortunately not many are given. I have learned as a young man moving forward. Best to find good in someone”s work. Then to criticize
. Good post for sure. Thanks for posting

Re: Take the time to praise a good job. [Re: Providence Farm] #7628125
07/16/22 02:59 PM
07/16/22 02:59 PM
Wi.
D
Diggerman Offline
trapper
Diggerman  Offline
trapper
D

Wi.
Always compliment a good job, I always have and always will. It will pay you back in spades.

Re: Take the time to praise a good job. [Re: Providence Farm] #7628130
07/16/22 03:08 PM
07/16/22 03:08 PM
SW Georgia
W
Wanna Be Offline
trapper
Wanna Be  Offline
trapper
W

SW Georgia
I thought everyone did it, lol. Heck I even called in about a GW and found out he was getting an upcoming award. I told them there better be a check with it because he deserved it.
Bought my UPS guy lunch the other day.
Leave outrageous tips around Christmas time.
Any uniformed LEO, Military, or health care worker in a restaurant gets their meals paid for.
Always speak to those behind the counter or register. And always thank them for working when I get ready to leave. Those of us who worked during the “pandemic” didn’t have a lot of places to eat lunch, so I wanted the restaurant workers to know they were appreciated.
I thought this was just common knowledge.

Re: Take the time to praise a good job. [Re: Providence Farm] #7628320
07/16/22 08:24 PM
07/16/22 08:24 PM
Virginia
52Carl Offline
trapper
52Carl  Offline
trapper

Virginia
I went to an auto parts store looking for some obscure part which I doubted they would carry. The 30-something guy behind the counter worked his tail off trying to find the part. He even called a guy he knows who works for a competitor to see if they had it. No luck.
I then told the guy that I needed to talk to the store manager. He looked me right in the eye and said, "That would be me."
I told him that makes this a lot easier, and told him how much I appreciated his effort which exceeded my expectations by a long shot.
I told him that he reminded me of a fella named Matt who was also just as thorough in trying to help me out years ago. He told me that he once worked for Matt and paid attention to how to do the job right. It keeps customers coming back in.

Re: Take the time to praise a good job. [Re: Providence Farm] #7628339
07/16/22 08:47 PM
07/16/22 08:47 PM
MI
S
Supergoose Offline
trapper
Supergoose  Offline
trapper
S

MI
You did a good starting this thread Providence……. Good work !!!! Lol

All kidding aside I do agree and I hope that positivity is as contagious or more so than negativity.
A kind word can also turn someone else’s day around too.

A goose may honk....but he won't wave
Re: Take the time to praise a good job. [Re: Providence Farm] #7628402
07/16/22 09:47 PM
07/16/22 09:47 PM
Manitoba
N
Northof50 Offline
trapper
Northof50  Offline
trapper
N

Manitoba
Owner of a multi-franchise restaurant always eats out at his competitions places...Why.....he is always head hunting for good servers/ waitress
So how does he do it.....complements them and opens the door for more conservation
really like just tagging along and having what I could not afford on the menu...he was checking their cooks as well

once he got someone he did not let them go..and paid attention to their needs

That McD employee get a star ( small bonus)with several complements coming in

Re: Take the time to praise a good job. [Re: Providence Farm] #7628488
07/17/22 12:24 AM
07/17/22 12:24 AM
Jackson Co, KS
N
NEYotetrapper Offline
trapper
NEYotetrapper  Offline
trapper
N

Jackson Co, KS
We have had some excellent waitress' and waiters lately. We try and tip accordingly. Especially in this day and age where alot of people feel like their calling in life should be to set on their (This word is unacceptable on Trapperman) and collect money from some source other than a hard days work.

My wife and I actually had the same idea to express our appreciation and thoughts to the mother of a great a young lady who had been very kind to one of our daughters and to us recently. Parents rarely get good feedback from others about how great their son or daughter is. Usually just like managers they hear the crappy comments. It is a great feeling when someone compliments you on the character of your child. This young lady (15 years) old had an infectious joy about her, polite manners and a genuine level of caring towards others.

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread