No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Active shooter in Indianapolis. [Re: Marty] #7629545
07/18/22 11:22 AM
07/18/22 11:22 AM
KY
I
ILcooner Offline
trapper
ILcooner  Offline
trapper
I

KY
Originally Posted by Marty

22 year old with handgun stops shooter with a long gun by himself.

Thank god the uvalde police department was not on the scene

Re: Active shooter in Indianapolis. [Re: harrison72] #7629549
07/18/22 11:26 AM
07/18/22 11:26 AM
Va. Lee Co.
D
Donnie H Offline
trapper
Donnie H  Offline
trapper
D

Va. Lee Co.
Yep

Re: Active shooter in Indianapolis. [Re: ILcooner] #7629592
07/18/22 12:28 PM
07/18/22 12:28 PM
Southeast KY
K
K91773 Offline
trapper
K91773  Offline
trapper
K

Southeast KY

I hope everyone in that mall files suit against the malls owners for failing to provide adequate security. By posting that sign they are attempting to remove your ability to defend yourself and therefore they are assuming the responsiblilty/liability for your safety. They obviously did not provide adequate security for someone to be able to walk to the middle of the mall with a rifle and start shooting and he was only stopped by a person who had decided to disregard their sigh. It is time to start making these people pay who want to deprive us of our rights just like the left does.

Re: Active shooter in Indianapolis. [Re: Marty] #7629600
07/18/22 12:39 PM
07/18/22 12:39 PM
MN, Land of 10,000 Lakes
T
Trapper7 Offline
trapper
Trapper7  Offline
trapper
T

MN, Land of 10,000 Lakes
Originally Posted by Marty
Thanks for that link.^

22 year old with handgun stops shooter with a long gun by himself.

Our local talk radio station that I listen to said law enforcement in the area are referring to the guy as a hero for the lives he saved.

The difference between animals and humans is that animals would never let the dumbest ones lead the pack.
Re: Active shooter in Indianapolis. [Re: harrison72] #7629603
07/18/22 12:45 PM
07/18/22 12:45 PM
Nebraska
Trapset Offline
trapper
Trapset  Offline
trapper

Nebraska
I’m guessing good Samaritan will catch some kind of charge. Hope not, but more than likely imo.

Re: Active shooter in Indianapolis. [Re: Trapset] #7629618
07/18/22 01:05 PM
07/18/22 01:05 PM
Green County Wisconsin
G
GREENCOUNTYPETE Offline
trapper
GREENCOUNTYPETE  Offline
trapper
G

Green County Wisconsin
Originally Posted by Trapset
I’m guessing good Samaritan will catch some kind of charge. Hope not, but more than likely imo.

typically if the good Samaritan was carrying and caught by the store manager and asked to leave and refused he would be charged with trespassing

however if there is need to use your right to self defense than that right trumps all prohibitions and all prohibitions are unconstitutional as they apply to that specific situation.

we went through this for years in WI

pizza guy could not legally carry in his car pre 2011 but he did any way so when he got jumped about 2 steps out of his car and used his gun , he was charged and when they judge reviewed that there was no possible way to both be legal and defend himself then the laws was ruled unconstitutional as it applied to that person in that instance. we were getting to so many of those that it was about to go defacto carry because the prohibition was unconstitutional too often.

in steps a previously reluctant legislature and turns out a decent concealed carry bill that basically just makes it so you have to have a background check , 4 hours or some other minimal training and pay 4o dollars for your first 5 years of license

because then there is a legal way and it makes it so that there is no reasonable reason you can't follow the law.

America only has one issue, we have a Responsibility crisis and everything else stems from it.
Re: Active shooter in Indianapolis. [Re: GREENCOUNTYPETE] #7629633
07/18/22 01:25 PM
07/18/22 01:25 PM
Nebraska
Trapset Offline
trapper
Trapset  Offline
trapper

Nebraska
Originally Posted by GREENCOUNTYPETE

typically if the good Samaritan was carrying and caught by the store manager and asked to leave and refused he would be charged with trespassing

however if there is need to use your right to self defense than that right trumps all prohibitions and all prohibitions are unconstitutional as they apply to that specific situation.

we went through this for years in WI

pizza guy could not legally carry in his car pre 2011 but he did any way so when he got jumped about 2 steps out of his car and used his gun , he was charged and when they judge reviewed that there was no possible way to both be legal and defend himself then the laws was ruled unconstitutional as it applied to that person in that instance. we were getting to so many of those that it was about to go defacto carry because the prohibition was unconstitutional too often.

in steps a previously reluctant legislature and turns out a decent concealed carry bill that basically just makes it so you have to have a background check , 4 hours or some other minimal training and pay 4o dollars for your first 5 years of license

because then there is a legal way and it makes it so that there is no reasonable reason you can't follow the law.

I agree that’s how it should be. However, the way a lot of these prosecutors are acting around the country, it would not surprise me if he is charged with something.

Re: Active shooter in Indianapolis. [Re: Trapset] #7629645
07/18/22 01:37 PM
07/18/22 01:37 PM
pa
H
hippie Offline
trapper
hippie  Offline
trapper
H

pa

They're wrestling with that now. They know he should get a medal for his actions, but want people to abide by their absolutely ridiculous gun free zones.

Its a catch 22 for them, respect private property laws or right to carry laws that saved countless lives in this situation.

Last edited by hippie; 07/18/22 01:39 PM.
Re: Active shooter in Indianapolis. [Re: Trapset] #7629651
07/18/22 01:47 PM
07/18/22 01:47 PM
Hancock Co., Indiana
Kart29 Offline
trapper
Kart29  Offline
trapper

Hancock Co., Indiana

Time will tell but I don't think this will happen. Not in Johnson County, Indiana. If the mall was a mile north on the Indianapolis side of the county line, you might be right. If the man is charged, the county prosecutor can kiss his career goodbye forever. D-O-N-E, done - political suicide. It's a red county in a red state. The local police, the mayor, and news media are calling him a hero. They are not releasing his identity either, but I suppose it will eventually get out.

The timing of this is stunning because 17 days ago, constitutional carry went into effect in this state. For weeks, the news media has been quoting "experts" and politicians who say a crime wave is imminent and lives will be lost because citizens who would otherwise leave their guns at home will now be carrying them around like it's the "wild-wild-west". And now.. here's a young, white, male with a gun who is universally being called the local hero who undoubtedly saved many lives.

What from Christ that soul can sever,
Bound by everlasting bands?
None shall take thee
From the Strength of Israel's hands.

Re: Active shooter in Indianapolis. [Re: harrison72] #7629658
07/18/22 01:56 PM
07/18/22 01:56 PM
Hancock Co., Indiana
Kart29 Offline
trapper
Kart29  Offline
trapper

Hancock Co., Indiana
I was trying to think of a way to reduce the number of random, mass killers in our society. I wonder if making the shooters out to be bizarre circus freaks would help. I think a certain segment of our screwed up society things of these mass killers as some sort of famous social icons.

What if we had a museum to display the horrors of their grotesquely deformed and abnormal brain anatomies? What if we showed horrific, detailed pictures of the dissection and desecration of their corpses. What if there were evidence to show the small size and dysfunction of their genitalia?

I don't know. It's probably a stupid and impossible idea. I wish there wasn't any part of our culture that held these demons in awe or admiration. But, I'm afraid there is. I wish we could change that - make the subhuman filth popular objects of scorn and humiliation.

None shall take thee

Re: Active shooter in Indianapolis. [Re: hippie] #7629660
07/18/22 02:00 PM
07/18/22 02:00 PM
Hancock Co., Indiana
Kart29 Offline
trapper
Kart29  Offline
trapper

Hancock Co., Indiana
Originally Posted by hippie
people to abide by their absolutely ridiculous gun free zones.

Its a catch 22 for them, respect private property laws or right to carry laws that saved countless lives in this situation.

I can tell you for certain that Indiana law does NOT make it a crime to carry a firearm onto private property that is posted as a gun free zone. He could be charged with criminal trespass but ONLY if he is personally and verbally directed to vacate the premises and refuses to do so. In Indiana those signs make NO DIFFERENCE at all.

None shall take thee

Re: Active shooter in Indianapolis. [Re: Kart29] #7629661
07/18/22 02:01 PM
07/18/22 02:01 PM
Nebraska
Trapset Offline
trapper
Trapset  Offline
trapper

Nebraska
Originally Posted by Kart29

Time will tell but I don't think this will happen. Not in Johnson County, Indiana. If the mall was a mile north on the Indianapolis side of the county line, you might be right. If the man is charged, the county prosecutor can kiss his career goodbye forever. D-O-N-E, done - political suicide. It's a red county in a red state. The local police, the mayor, and news media are calling him a hero. They are not releasing his identity either, but I suppose it will eventually get out.

The timing of this is stunning because 17 days ago, constitutional carry went into effect in this state. For weeks, the news media has been quoting "experts" and politicians who say a crime wave is imminent and lives will be lost because citizens who would otherwise leave their guns at home will now be carrying them around like it's the "wild-wild-west". And now.. here's a young, white, male with a gun who is universally being called the local hero who undoubtedly saved many lives.

That is great to hear!!!

Re: Active shooter in Indianapolis. [Re: Kart29] #7629674
07/18/22 02:29 PM
07/18/22 02:29 PM
pa
H
hippie Offline
trapper
hippie  Offline
trapper
H

pa
Originally Posted by Kart29
people to abide by their absolutely ridiculous gun free zones.

I can tell you for certain that Indiana law does NOT make it a crime to carry a firearm onto private property that is posted as a gun free zone. He could be charged with criminal trespass but ONLY if he is personally and verbally directed to vacate the premises and refuses to do so. In Indiana those signs make NO DIFFERENCE at all.

That's good to know, one less worry for the hero imo.

It also begs the question....why bother posting as such if not really enforcable?

Re: Active shooter in Indianapolis. [Re: harrison72] #7629714
07/18/22 03:50 PM
07/18/22 03:50 PM
KY
I
ILcooner Offline
trapper
ILcooner  Offline
trapper
I

KY
good Samaritan Elisjsha. Glock 9mm was reported to be the handgun he had and fired 10 shots

https://heavy.com/news/elisjsha-dicken/

Re: Active shooter in Indianapolis. [Re: ILcooner] #7629756
07/18/22 04:28 PM
07/18/22 04:28 PM
Nebraska
Trapset Offline
trapper
Trapset  Offline
trapper

Nebraska
Originally Posted by ILcooner
good Samaritan Elisjsha. Glock 9mm was reported to be the handgun he had and fired 10 shots

https://heavy.com/news/elisjsha-dicken/

Wish he would have touched off 12 rounds just to shut the “limit capacity to 10” crowd up for a day or two.

Re: Active shooter in Indianapolis. [Re: hippie] #7630210
07/19/22 09:31 AM
07/19/22 09:31 AM
Southern Indiana
P
Pressure9pa Offline
trapper
Pressure9pa  Offline
trapper
P

Southern Indiana

They're wrestling with that now. They know he should get a medal for his actions, but want people to abide by their absolutely ridiculous gun free zones.

Yesterday he acquired the services of famed 2A attorney Guy Relford. Mr. Relford accepted the client pro bono. For those in the Indy area, this is the attorney often on the radio as "The Gun Guy".

Re: Active shooter in Indianapolis. [Re: harrison72] #7630250
07/19/22 10:39 AM
07/19/22 10:39 AM
Indiana
P
Providence Farm Offline
trapper
Providence Farm  Offline
trapper
P

Indiana
The most they could get him for would be trespassing. But they have to ask you to leave and you refuse before you can be charged. There should be nothing he can be charged with.

Re: Active shooter in Indianapolis. [Re: harrison72] #7630253
07/19/22 10:42 AM
07/19/22 10:42 AM
SEPA
L
Lugnut Offline
trapper
Lugnut  Offline
trapper
L

SEPA
He should be given a medal.

Eh...wot?

Re: Active shooter in Indianapolis. [Re: Pressure9pa] #7630290
07/19/22 11:42 AM
07/19/22 11:42 AM
pa
H
hippie Offline
trapper
hippie  Offline
trapper
H

pa
Originally Posted by Pressure9pa

Yesterday he acquired the services of famed 2A attorney Guy Relford. Mr. Relford accepted the client pro bono. For those in the Indy area, this is the attorney often on the radio as "The Gun Guy".

Very good news!

Be better yet if the mall and D.A. supported him.

Re: Active shooter in Indianapolis. [Re: harrison72] #7630296
07/19/22 11:48 AM
07/19/22 11:48 AM
Southern Indiana
P
Pressure9pa Offline
trapper
Pressure9pa  Offline
trapper
P

Southern Indiana
Originally Posted by Pressure9pa
[

Very good news!

Be better yet if the mall and D.A. supported him.

I doubt he'll see any charges from the D.A. There may be worry about a private suit by another mall patron or some anti-2A organization. Hopefully having the lawyer out in front of it eliminates this possibility early.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread