No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
#1 reason for so much divorce #7630106
07/19/22 06:19 AM
07/19/22 06:19 AM
williamsburg ks
D
danny clifton Offline OP
"Grumpy Old Man"
danny clifton  Offline OP
"Grumpy Old Man"
D

williamsburg ks
Women dont want to accept their role as wife and mother and men pretend to be ok with it. A few years down the road it all blows up. Males and females are two different creatures with two different kinds of brain function. Pretending thats not true does not work in most cases.

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/marriage-counselor-reveals-women-number-163940242.html

Those who would give up essential liberty, to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)
Re: #1 reason for so much divorce [Re: danny clifton] #7630114
07/19/22 06:34 AM
07/19/22 06:34 AM
Eastern Shore of Maryland
HobbieTrapper Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"
HobbieTrapper  Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"

Eastern Shore of Maryland
lol

-Goofy-
Re: #1 reason for so much divorce [Re: HobbieTrapper] #7630116
07/19/22 06:36 AM
07/19/22 06:36 AM
Saginaw, Mi
M
micheal Offline
trapper
micheal  Offline
trapper
M

Saginaw, Mi
Maybe

Re: #1 reason for so much divorce [Re: danny clifton] #7630118
07/19/22 06:41 AM
07/19/22 06:41 AM
Beatrice, NE
L
loosegoose Offline
trapper
loosegoose  Offline
trapper
L

Beatrice, NE
Women are the petitioners in something like 80% of divorce cases.

Re: #1 reason for so much divorce [Re: danny clifton] #7630124
07/19/22 06:57 AM
07/19/22 06:57 AM
williamsburg ks
D
danny clifton Offline OP
"Grumpy Old Man"
"Grumpy Old Man"
D

williamsburg ks
Women talk about sharing all responsibility 100%. Become the dominate partner. Taking the role men should have. After they get what they think they want they lose all respect for the man. Loosegoose is right, 80%. When a woman says I am NOT getting up early to fix him breakfast and pack a lunch, HE can make the bed and do dishes, I am not his mother, its time to move on. She will never be happy with her wishy washy man and will make his life miserable never really knowing why she has no respect for him. I see that over and over and over.

Equality doesnt exist in a marriage. Sometimes you dont agree. When that happens one person will dominates the other. If its the man giving in most of the time you can bet dollars to donuts lawyers are going to be happy.

Those who would give up essential liberty, to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)
Re: #1 reason for so much divorce [Re: danny clifton] #7630127
07/19/22 07:03 AM
07/19/22 07:03 AM
North East Kansas
Marty Online content
trapper
Marty  Online Content
trapper

North East Kansas
Just think of all the problems that we have from letting them vote.

E
'Honey Badger Militia'
Sleep, the anti woke adote.
Re: #1 reason for so much divorce [Re: danny clifton] #7630131
07/19/22 07:10 AM
07/19/22 07:10 AM
williamsburg ks
D
danny clifton Offline OP
"Grumpy Old Man"
"Grumpy Old Man"
D

williamsburg ks
When I met my wife she told me she voted for Bill Clinton. When I asked her why she giggled and said he was better looking. True story. Now she pays attention to what they are doing. I think a lot of YOUNG women vote that way. As they mature it changes some but not a lot. Women will talk about what candidates wear at a debate with a lot more enthusiasm than discussions about what was said.

Re: #1 reason for so much divorce [Re: danny clifton] #7630132
07/19/22 07:17 AM
07/19/22 07:17 AM
Oregon
S
ScottPhillips Offline
trapper
ScottPhillips  Offline
trapper
S

Oregon
So many divorces-----Selfishness!!!

See Us on Facebook: Northwestpredatorandwildlifecontrol

Re: #1 reason for so much divorce [Re: danny clifton] #7630135
07/19/22 07:22 AM
07/19/22 07:22 AM
WI
B
Badger23 Offline
trapper
Badger23  Offline
trapper
B

WI
Oh boy, do you drag your knuckles on the ground when you walk?? In this house my wife works full time and her job has the better insurance package. Obviously that's not the case in yours. She has a stressful job in an a accounting type job and works hard at it.
We share the household work but I'll admit she does do more of it than I do. We both can cook and each of us make our meals for the week ahead of time. It's really not that big of a deal if you've got a little bit of ambition. As far as making the bed it doesn't take much to put the covers back up to the pillow for me.

As far as the stat of women asking for 80% of divorces, I do know some women that are dandy's that have a lot of drama in their lives and look for reasons to have issues in their marriage but that's not the case here. In some cases I can see the woman's point, their husband is a complete idiot and or arsehole.

Re: #1 reason for so much divorce [Re: danny clifton] #7630151
07/19/22 07:42 AM
07/19/22 07:42 AM
meadowview, Virginia
E
EdP Offline
trapper
EdP  Offline
trapper
E

meadowview, Virginia
In the article the woman complains about men not taking active responsibility for household chores INSIDE the home. The woman has to take the active role. What about the chores outside the home. Does the man wait to be told the grass needs cutting, the deck need another coat of water seal, the autos need to be taken in for inspection, her car needs new tires, etc? Her focus is on the chores that have traditionally been the woman's responsibility from when most women didn't work and completely ignores the chores that were traditionally the man's responsibility even though he was working.

Re: #1 reason for so much divorce [Re: danny clifton] #7630153
07/19/22 07:45 AM
07/19/22 07:45 AM
east central WI
D
Dirty D Offline
trapper
Dirty D  Offline
trapper
D

east central WI
our society has devolved into on where its bad to be an assertive male, toxic masculinity don't ya know. And one where women are told they can do what ever they want, don't waste your life being a housewife, get a job, a career.

So what happens when the men lack ambition cause they are told not to be assertive, don't be so competitive. You get men who are what my wife calls "floaters". They just drift from job to job, they don't care if they get ahead , they are happy in Mom's basement wasting their lives away. Add that to pushy career driven women that want a man that is the top of the pile in looks, income and status. You end up with women who are never happy (they file for 80% of divorces) and men who don't give a crap. Its a recipe for disaster.

Thank leftism for it.

of course this is not all men and women but enough of them.

Re: #1 reason for so much divorce [Re: EdP] #7630154
07/19/22 07:46 AM
07/19/22 07:46 AM
central Haudenosaunee, the De...
W
white marlin Offline
trapper
white marlin  Offline
trapper
W

central Haudenosaunee, the De...
Originally Posted by EdP
In the article the woman complains about men not taking active responsibility for household chores INSIDE the home. The woman has to take the active role. What about the chores outside the home. Does the man wait to be told the grass needs cutting, the deck need another coat of water seal, the autos need to be taken in for inspection, her car needs new tires, etc? Her focus is on the chores that have traditionally been the woman's responsibility from when most women didn't work and completely ignores the chores that were traditionally the man's responsibility even though he was working.

I have learned that cutting the grass is "fun", thus doesn't count. also don't count: digging out septic tanks (yeah, should have put in risers), snow removal, gutter maintenance, etc.

Re: #1 reason for so much divorce [Re: danny clifton] #7630158
07/19/22 07:59 AM
07/19/22 07:59 AM
MN
D
Donnersurvivor Offline
trapper
Donnersurvivor  Offline
trapper
D

MN
Very easy now for women to get male attention and it's become very acceptable to have male "friends". Social media has had a bad affect on everyone but it seems particularly harmful for young/middle aged women and it shows in mental health issues and the divorce rate.

Re: #1 reason for so much divorce [Re: ScottPhillips] #7630159
07/19/22 08:04 AM
07/19/22 08:04 AM
central arkansas
T
the Blak Spot Offline
trapper
the Blak Spot  Offline
trapper
T

central arkansas
Originally Posted by ScottPhillips
So many divorces-----Selfishness!!!

That’s it in a nutshell

the just shall live by faith

member FTA, ATA, EAFT
1776 - the year we told a tyrant we weren't to be under a dictator
Caveat ater macula
Re: #1 reason for so much divorce [Re: danny clifton] #7630163
07/19/22 08:11 AM
07/19/22 08:11 AM
Hancock Co., Indiana
Kart29 Offline
trapper
Kart29  Offline
trapper

Hancock Co., Indiana
Originally Posted by danny clifton
Women talk about sharing all responsibility 100%. Become the dominate partner. Taking the role men should have. After they get what they think they want they lose all respect for the man. Loosegoose is right, 80%. When a woman says I am NOT getting up early to fix him breakfast and pack a lunch, HE can make the bed and do dishes, I am not his mother, its time to move on. She will never be happy with her wishy washy man and will make his life miserable never really knowing why she has no respect for him. I see that over and over and over.

Equality doesnt exist in a marriage. Sometimes you dont agree. When that happens one person will dominates the other. If its the man giving in most of the time you can bet dollars to donuts lawyers are going to be happy.

You know that wisdom comes straight from the Bible? It's covered in the first three chapters of Genesis to start with, and just expands from there. The whole fall of man began when Adam neglected his responsibility as head and protector of his wife and allowed her to lead him into sin. The whole male/female system is intentionally designed with forethought to picture the relationship between Jesus Christ and his bride. Of course, I know you think that's a fairy tale. But regardless of whether you believe the actual events are true or not, you must see the wisdom to be learned from it.

I think you may be wrong, or not stating clearly about there not being "equality" in marriage. Men and women are definitely equal in value, worth, dignity, and honor. It's true that men and women are different and are designed and equipped to perform different functions and serve different roles in a marriage. One role for a man is to be a leader - a servant leader. And the wife's role is to submit to a husband's headship and leadership. The husband should not be negligent or slothful and relegate his role as leader to the wife and head of the family. And the wife should not succumb to her desire to have her husband's position of leadership. But even though the man and woman have different roles and responsibilities, neither is greater in value or more honorable than the other. Neither is to dominate the other but to serve each other in the roles designed for them.

What from Christ that soul can sever,
Bound by everlasting bands?
None shall take thee
From the Strength of Israel's hands.

Re: #1 reason for so much divorce [Re: HobbieTrapper] #7630164
07/19/22 08:13 AM
07/19/22 08:13 AM

M
Mark June
Unregistered
Mark June
Unregistered
M

Originally Posted by HobbieTrapper
lol

Add my lol to this also.

Blessings,
Mark

Re: #1 reason for so much divorce [Re: danny clifton] #7630165
07/19/22 08:14 AM
07/19/22 08:14 AM
williamsburg ks
D
danny clifton Offline OP
"Grumpy Old Man"
"Grumpy Old Man"
D

williamsburg ks
Yep the change in roles is not the reason people are unhappy in their marriages. Must be some other reason. I will put my panties on and apologize

Re: #1 reason for so much divorce [Re: danny clifton] #7630169
07/19/22 08:26 AM
07/19/22 08:26 AM
2A Sanctuaries-W. OK & N. NM
Blaine County Offline
trapper
Blaine County  Offline
trapper

2A Sanctuaries-W. OK & N. NM
Men have to work hard, protect their families and lead. Unfortunately way too many American men (right and left) are cry baby pansies and lazy. I don't blame the women for leaving.

Another category is important too--a healthy fear of losing half of your crap and some other guy raising your kids.

Re: #1 reason for so much divorce [Re: danny clifton] #7630172
07/19/22 08:29 AM
Montana
USMC47 🦫 Offline
trapper
USMC47 🦫  Offline
trapper

Montana
I think lack of faith has led to a great number of divorces - lack of faith and failure to walk even remotely how the Bible says.

The deadliest weapon in the world is a Marine and his rifle.

www.derricks-nm.com
Re: #1 reason for so much divorce [Re: danny clifton] #7630174

M
Mark June
Unregistered
Mark June
Unregistered
M

Reasons for divorce and reasons people are unhappy in their marriages do not always line up.
But one thing is well known: We're a culture that chases pleasure. And pleasures if pleasure doesn't make us "happy,"
The grandest chasers there's ever been in human history.
"I just want my kids to be happy," never had a chance because happiness comes from joy and joy is not found where most are mining for it.

So, we can predict that with the masses chasing what "me, me, me" wants day and night... splits at every level might occur.
Marriages being one of the splits.
Jobs being another. Take this job and shove it isn't a song, it's an underlying worldview that the world owes "me."

NEWSFLASH: The world doesn't revolve around any person. It revolves according to the Will of the One who made it and makes it function still.

The further we run from real Truth.... the crappier the false teachings become.
Stay tuned.
It's bound to not get better any time soon.

Blessings,
Mark

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread