No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Re: #1 reason for so much divorce [Re: danny clifton] #7630390
07/19/22 02:03 PM
07/19/22 02:03 PM
Wisconsin
Bear Tracker Offline
trapper
Happy Birthday Bear Tracker  Offline
trapper

Wisconsin
And there is number on reason for divorce, Marriage. grin

Re: #1 reason for so much divorce [Re: danny clifton] #7630405
07/19/22 02:34 PM
07/19/22 02:34 PM
Champaign County, Ohio.
K
KeithC Offline
trapper
KeithC  Offline
trapper
K

Champaign County, Ohio.
Originally Posted by rvsask
It’s not even close Hippie, the religious get divorced way more frequently.

But I think you already knew that.

Your take on opportunity as result of a more inter mindless society is likely very accurate.

It depends on the religion. People who label themselves as Christians get divorced more. Other religions, such as Orthodox Catholics, get divorced less. Regular Catholics and Lutherans get divorced at the same lower rate as atheists

Only 36% of atheists get married, which reflects in their lower divorce rate. You can't get divorced, if you were never married.

https://www.pewresearch.org/fact-ta...ries-widely-across-u-s-religious-groups/

Overall, the earlier people marry, the less likely they are to get divorced.

Keith

Re: #1 reason for so much divorce [Re: danny clifton] #7630410
07/19/22 02:42 PM
07/19/22 02:42 PM
Northern Minnesota
BernieB. Offline
trapper
BernieB.  Offline
trapper

Northern Minnesota
Several things are at play. The lack of personal responsibility and commitment for one. People think sex equals love for another so they get married for the wrong reasons. Men have been beaten down by the culture to the point that Men don't know how to be men and women have to keep looking until they find one; most never do. There are more of course. These days most people quit before it really gets good.

Meanwhile the kids get run through the wringer and end up not really having any idea how to have a quality marriage because they have not seen one for themselves.

Re: #1 reason for so much divorce [Re: danny clifton] #7630439
07/19/22 03:35 PM
07/19/22 03:35 PM
williamsburg ks
D
danny clifton Offline OP
"Grumpy Old Man"
danny clifton  Offline OP
"Grumpy Old Man"
D

williamsburg ks
I said even though 80 percent of divorces are filed by women its a mans fault for not being a man. Women lose respect for sandle wearing skinny jean dope smoking cry babies

Those who would give up essential liberty, to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)
Re: #1 reason for so much divorce [Re: danny clifton] #7630446
07/19/22 03:45 PM
07/19/22 03:45 PM

M
Mark June
Unregistered
Mark June
Unregistered
M

My question is, where are all the young men?
You see women being the fastest growing segment in so many areas.... including trapping.

Re: #1 reason for so much divorce [Re: danny clifton] #7630447
07/19/22 03:47 PM
07/19/22 03:47 PM
M.T.V. Alaska
Y
yukonjeff Offline
trapper
yukonjeff  Offline
trapper
Y

M.T.V. Alaska
In the Philippines divorce is illegal. The new incoming president just recently rescinded the law and made divorce legal.

I can imagine being stuck with a person you don't like for eternity.

Re: #1 reason for so much divorce [Re: danny clifton] #7630501
07/19/22 04:56 PM
07/19/22 04:56 PM
Peoria County Illinois
Larry Baer Offline
trapper
Larry Baer  Offline
trapper

Peoria County Illinois
I was married to an evil person for 25 years. It all started nice enough but after a while it all went down hill. One of you put something on about women not letting the man be in charge? That was mine. I went to biblical counseling for 5 years.... alone. She said it was my problem. Church said it was too. I didn't know she was whispering in their ears about me. I tried to ''die to self'' and all it did was hurt my health. Both knees shot, two smashed discs, couldn't feel my feet, chest pains, pains down both arms, hair falling out. I lost 45 lbs the month I decided to divorce instead of eating a bullet. Church called me out from the pulpit. All based on what she told them. Then it all blew up at church. So, yep, I'm that Christian guy. I tired and failed.
Mark is right - that was all me but I God forgives. And he forgives completely.

Now I met and married a wonderful Christian woman who supports me and loves me the way I am. God made it all possible. God saved me. Every day is a gift from him now. No more back issues, no chest pains, arm pains are gone, hair is coming back brown, still have kept the weight off and I am happy. We are expecting a baby Sept 30th also. I praise God every day for the love he gives me and the love he gave my wife and me to share. I never thought I would be a dad and now I get a chance to be. First wife said '' no kids ''. First wife said she had better ideas than I did and she would tell me all the time what I was doing wrong. My 2nd wife is a good woman and helps me do what needs to be done every day. We talk about EVERYTHING. She knows God put me in charge of the family and she wants me to lead her. I'm responsible for her spiritual health and I take it seriously because God holds me accountable for that. She knows that and helps me keep up with daily bible studies and praying for people and things that come up. We both like the same things so it works out well to work together. I want to work my (This word is unacceptable on Trapperman) off for her because she works hers off for me. She wants me to trap, hunt and fish. She appreciates the work I do and tells me I work hard for her. How hard is it to be nice to each other?

Some people are just plain bad. Like Yukonjeff said - ''I can't imagine being stuck with a person you didn't like for eternity''. If I had it to do over I would have sought God's will for my first marriage and I I felt he did not want me married I would not have gotten married. My first marriage started wrong because I did not seek his will. It was torture in so many ways. It was bad every day. Even thought my only way out was death. Glad I didn't do that. Divorce is wrong. I was wrong in doing it. I was wrong in getting married to my first wife in the first place but it was wrong to divorce her too. God makes all things possible- but that's a whole nother story.

I'd say my reason for divorce was I could not handle the fighting any more. The fighting was caused by a critical wife and me trying to please someone who could never be happy with herself.

Mark- I wonder that too. Where are all the young men? We need some MEN to take our place. My boy is going to be a trapper. I already have his traps ready and waiting.

Just passin through
Re: #1 reason for so much divorce [Re: danny clifton] #7630530
07/19/22 05:30 PM
07/19/22 05:30 PM

M
Mark June
Unregistered
Mark June
Unregistered
M

Larry,
I believe this is one of the best posts I've ever read on Tman.
Thank you for sharing.

Blessings,
Mark

Re: #1 reason for so much divorce [Re: ] #7630565
07/19/22 06:29 PM
07/19/22 06:29 PM
East-Central Wisconsin
B
bblwi Offline
trapper
bblwi  Offline
trapper
B

East-Central Wisconsin

The link below shows the states with the highest and lowest divorce rates based upon divorced females

Bryce
https://www.usnews.com/news/best-states/articles/states-with-the-highest-divorce-rates

Re: #1 reason for so much divorce [Re: danny clifton] #7630580
07/19/22 06:59 PM
07/19/22 06:59 PM
Northeast Oklahoma
M
Mike in A-town Offline
trapper
Mike in A-town  Offline
trapper
M

Northeast Oklahoma
The #1 cause of divorce is... Marriage.

C'mon! You knew someone was going to say it.

Mike

One man with a gun may control 100 others who have none.

Vladimir Lenin
Re: #1 reason for so much divorce [Re: danny clifton] #7630581
07/19/22 07:00 PM
07/19/22 07:00 PM
williamsburg ks
D
danny clifton Offline OP
"Grumpy Old Man"
"Grumpy Old Man"
D

williamsburg ks
My ex wife became evil. Decided to try meth. Gave me our kids in mediation. So I came out ok. Kids were better off too. Got a wonderful wife now. Ex wife was murdered by one one of her boyfriends some years after our divorce. Rough as she was that bother's me. I remember still the girl I married and she did not deserve an end like that.

Those who would give up essential liberty, to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)
Re: #1 reason for so much divorce [Re: danny clifton] #7630584
07/19/22 07:04 PM
07/19/22 07:04 PM
Pottsboro TX Grayson county
J
Jiggamitch Offline
trapper
Jiggamitch  Offline
trapper
J

Pottsboro TX Grayson county
Maybe I missed someone saying it, but I read that Facebook is the number one lister reason for divorce. Never had FB, so I don't really know much about it. I guess you just got a bunch of ex's sending messages or whatever and then getting caught?

Re: #1 reason for so much divorce [Re: danny clifton] #7630597
07/19/22 07:14 PM
07/19/22 07:14 PM
williamsburg ks
D
danny clifton Offline OP
"Grumpy Old Man"
"Grumpy Old Man"
D

williamsburg ks
[Linked Image]

Think this mans wife still respects him? Maybe if he doing her a favor because he loves her. If thats his "assigned" chore I guarantee you she doesn't

Re: #1 reason for so much divorce [Re: danny clifton] #7630653
07/19/22 08:20 PM
07/19/22 08:20 PM
Northern Nevada
B
Bob Offline
trapper
Bob  Offline
trapper
B

Northern Nevada
I don’t wear the apron and gloves, but I help out around the house a lot, with laundry, dishes, etc. I share the burden so that she doesn’t have to do it all. She also works, because we could use the money. We share responsibilities as much as we can. Obviously I don’t get up at night with the newborn because I don’t have the equipment to feed him, and she has a job that allows her to bring the kids with and clock in and out as needed to take care of them, while I work a regular job. She puts in less hours at her job and more hours at home, and I do the opposite. I change a lot of diapers.

But maybe the fact that I was a single dad at one point and had to do it all by myself has something to do with it. When my youngest son was 3 months old and my oldest was 1 and a half their mom texted me that she wanted a break and two days later she was on a plane and gone, leaving me with 2 infants and a 60+ hour a week oilfield job. I pleaded and begged her to come home and make it work for months, but eventually I got a lawyer and filed for divorce. Mostly because so long as we were still married she could come get the kids and leave with them and there wouldn’t be a thing I could do about it. If we were divorced there would have to be a custody order in place, and she wouldn’t be able to do that. Divorce was the best, and really only, option for me and my boys, she wasn’t fit to be a wife or a mother. It’s been twelve years and custody battles have been never ending, I even had to get CPS involved and they removed her from them forcibly because she was on meth. Her landlord contacted me after she was kicked out of her place because he had found my boys birth certificate and the footprint keepsake the hospital does in some trash in the alley. I could go on for several pages about the things she’s done to me and the kids, like when she dropped them off to me in 10 below zero weather wearing nothing but a diaper and a coat. But you get the point.

Divorce is a good thing, you can’t convince me otherwise.

"I have two guns, one for each of ya."
Re: #1 reason for so much divorce [Re: danny clifton] #7630661
07/19/22 08:29 PM
07/19/22 08:29 PM
james bay frontierOnt.
B
Boco Offline
trapper
Boco  Offline
trapper
B

james bay frontierOnt.
^^^ thats why hitmen are still in demand.

Forget that fear of gravity-get a little savagery in your life.
Re: #1 reason for so much divorce [Re: danny clifton] #7630671
07/19/22 08:42 PM
07/19/22 08:42 PM
Surry county, NC
G Hose Offline
trapper
G Hose  Offline
trapper

Surry county, NC
Ever heard the saying “love is an imaginary thing between two fools”?

Re: #1 reason for so much divorce [Re: danny clifton] #7630702
07/19/22 09:29 PM
07/19/22 09:29 PM
Beatrice, NE
L
loosegoose Offline
trapper
loosegoose  Offline
trapper
L

Beatrice, NE
Originally Posted by danny clifton
[Linked Image]

Think this mans wife still respects him? Maybe if he doing her a favor because he loves her. If thats his "assigned" chore I guarantee you she doesn't

If you do that for your wife, there's this awesome thing she'll do for you......just sayin.

Re: #1 reason for so much divorce [Re: danny clifton] #7630734
07/19/22 10:03 PM
07/19/22 10:03 PM
Champaign County, Ohio.
K
KeithC Offline
trapper
KeithC  Offline
trapper
K

Champaign County, Ohio.
Originally Posted by danny clifton
[Linked Image]

That man probably has a husband.

Keith

Re: #1 reason for so much divorce [Re: danny clifton] #7630741
07/19/22 10:15 PM
07/19/22 10:15 PM
ND
grumley701 Offline
trapper
grumley701  Offline
trapper

ND
I believe you're on to something Keith...

Pure Blood
Re: #1 reason for so much divorce [Re: Boco] #7630754
07/19/22 10:43 PM
07/19/22 10:43 PM
Northern Nevada
B
Bob Offline
trapper
Bob  Offline
trapper
B

Northern Nevada
Originally Posted by Boco
^^^ thats why hitmen are still in demand.

Don’t think I haven’t thought long and hard about that lol

"I have two guns, one for each of ya."
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread