No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Conceal Carry Guys [Re: HayDay] #7635573
07/26/22 01:01 PM
07/26/22 01:01 PM
Moved to Fbks, Ak.
M
martentrapper Offline
trapper
martentrapper  Offline
trapper
M

Moved to Fbks, Ak.
In Alaska you have to immediately notify an officer of your firearm if your pulled over or stopped on the street, etc. The officer has the right to remove the gun from your possession while interacting with you. Have heard a few stories of those carrying being treated rudely by Leo.
Fairbanks Alaska isn't a regularly criminal activity town. There are parts of town where crime is more prevalent and not too hard to avoid those places. Anchorage is a different story.
We carry in the truck when we go out in the country, bear protection, and when we travel any distance from home. I have never been in a situation where I needed a firearm except for out hunting.

Re: Conceal Carry Guys [Re: HayDay] #7635588
07/26/22 01:24 PM
07/26/22 01:24 PM
Peoria County Illinois
Larry Baer Offline
trapper
Larry Baer  Offline
trapper

Peoria County Illinois
I have used mine 3 or 4 times here. All have been for nuisance control work. I got mine primarily for that -so I can carry and not have to load / unload between stops as the law here says to do. Our police know you have CC as soon as they run your plate here.

I did have one time I had to pull a gun on someone. I was home sleeping. A vehicle pulled up to my house - right by the head of our bed. I got the 12 ga pump out and walked outside to see two dirt bags loading up my aluminum siding I was working on . I yelled at them. One guy looked like he crapped his pants. The other acted like my best friend. I just stood there with the 12 ga over my shoulder getting ready to smacked my new friend in the forehead if he got too close. I could smell beer 20 feet away form them. I got their license number and told them to wait there for me. So they took off as soon as I was in the house. They got fired the next morning aft I called the concrete finisher they worked for. I had him finish my driveway and they were his employees. i so wish i had given the friendly one a Winchester tattoo on his forehead though. I live on a farm. Things are getting rough here too- Lots of shooting at signs out on the road now. I mean a lot!

Just passin through
Re: Conceal Carry Guys [Re: HayDay] #7635590
07/26/22 01:25 PM
07/26/22 01:25 PM
SW Georgia
W
Wanna Be Online content
trapper
Wanna Be  Online Content
trapper
W

SW Georgia
Pulled once, just had to lift my shirt for the only other time.

Wife on the other hand pulled and held a guy at gunpoint until security and police arrived. He picked the wrong lady to stalk at a Mall and wouldn’t listen when advised to leave after following her to her car. Apparently he didn’t even notice her calling police and Mall security as she was trying to leave. She gave detailed descriptions of herself and the man and even where she was parked and what kind of vehicle she had. Don’t know if the fact she told them she had a weapon and wasn’t afraid to use it prompted their response or not, but she said it was less than a minute from the time she pulled her gun until they rolled up. Ole boy had warrants and had already been called about stalking other women that night.

Re: Conceal Carry Guys [Re: Law Dog] #7635616
07/26/22 02:06 PM
07/26/22 02:06 PM
Southaest Kansas
C
Coyote Clayton Offline
trapper
Coyote Clayton  Offline
trapper
C

Southaest Kansas
Originally Posted by Law Dog
Weather you know it or not it will have a impact on your confidence making you less likely to be targeted by the bottom feeders.

That right there.

Compulsive Coyote Washer
Re: Conceal Carry Guys [Re: HayDay] #7635634
07/26/22 02:47 PM
07/26/22 02:47 PM
SW Pa
B
Bob Jameson Offline
trapper
Bob Jameson  Offline
trapper
B

SW Pa
Sure have, pulled and pointed. Exchanged words with two young would be truck jackers in local Walmart parking lot a few years back in the spring. Dark skinned, hooded early 20's.

They said they needed a ride, I said no, I don't give rides to strangers. I said you will have to ask someone else here maybe you can find someone.

I am not going that way anyway. They said we need a ride now, I said sorry, I am not going to do that.

One said we are just going to take your truck then. I said, that wouldn't be a good idea.

At that point they were standing about at my tailgate/tail light area of my truck. I was at my drivers door with it open. About 10 ft. distance I would estimate. The first step they made towards me I drew, chambered a round very quickly and pointed at the closer target, The second perp was slightly behind and to the right side of the first.

It appeared they were about to rush me together is what my instincts told me.

They heard the racking noise obviously and saw the movement that I made. It was dark except for one lot light that I noticed behind them. It helped to illuminate them better.

I could see behind them to the next parked vehicle row enough to determine if there was anyone behind them going to their parked vehicle. This all happened quickly it seemed much longer then it really was.

I was a split second from firing on the first perp, and getting a mental sight picture and position of the second perp. There was a parked vehicle on the side of us so there was only about 3 -4 feet between the two vehicles.

They stopped immediately when they heard and saw what I did. Then the one perp said , Aw man we were just fooling you bro, the other said yeah man we weren't going to do nothing . I said some bad words that I don't normally use to them and they backed up and took off running.

I said you are a couple of darn lucky #### to be able to go home tonight.

Re: Conceal Carry Guys [Re: Strut10] #7635636
07/26/22 02:50 PM
07/26/22 02:50 PM
KY
I
ILcooner Offline
trapper
ILcooner  Offline
trapper
I

KY
Originally Posted by Strut10
I've drawn mine 3 times on human being in sketchy situations. In none of those situations did the person know............and in all three situations, nothing escalated.

Both my Mrs and I were drawn one morning while scouting for turkeys. We were being aggressively advanced upon by a pair of large feral dogs. We were gonna get bit. One of the dogs didn't survive it. The other saw better of his mistake. Forever grateful we were both carrying that morning. It woulda been bad...........

you had shotguns and pulled pistols?

Sorry missed it, thought you said turkey hunting....

Last edited by ILcooner; 07/26/22 02:50 PM.
Re: Conceal Carry Guys [Re: GREENCOUNTYPETE] #7635641
07/26/22 03:06 PM
07/26/22 03:06 PM
MN, Land of 10,000 Lakes
T
Trapper7 Offline
trapper
Trapper7  Offline
trapper
T

MN, Land of 10,000 Lakes
Originally Posted by GREENCOUNTYPETE
Originally Posted by Trapper7
It has to be a last resort to shoot someone. But, as in the case of the person who shot the person who was killing people in the mall, it was a good choice.

I saw a show last night where some years ago, a woman's husband was kidnapped. The kidnapper came to her door to collect a ransom. She reached into a dresser drawer pretending to be getting the money for him. Instead, she pulled a 38 and shot the man. Turns out he was a career criminal who had been in and out of prison. She was arrested and ended up doing 3 years in prison. Her husband was never found and was assumed dead. This was supposedly a true story.

Every time you renew your CC permit, you have to take a class. The emphasis always is, if you shoot someone, regardless of the situation you will be arrested until they can iron things out. One class I took the instructor said, unless the situation is a direct threat to you, it's in your best interest to walk away from all possible confrontations. If the person who killed the mall shooter had walked away a lot more people would have died that day.

it is a decision everyone needs to work out for them something they should contemplate before the time of the need

I agree strapping on a gun absolutly does not mean your going looking for the trouble or the fight and it is the last thing you want to do to have to use it , that is a solid mind set.

where you have to figure out where your line is , is can you live with yourself if you didn't step in , are you a Dickens or a Uvalde PD. how do you sleep at night?

in WI your hunters ed from 1989 works as your proof of training , as does a DD214 so most of us need to never take a class and nothing for a renewal but your 22 dollars for your background check , card printing and postage every 5 years.

Wow! In MN to renew your permit they do a background check every time and charge around $75 and you have to take a certified class which costs another $75.
Somebody once said, "The state bird in MN is the loon. They ought to name the state insect the wood tick. Then they could call MN the Loon-a-Tick state."

The difference between animals and humans is that animals would never let the dumbest ones lead the pack.
Re: Conceal Carry Guys [Re: HayDay] #7635714
07/26/22 04:57 PM
07/26/22 04:57 PM
Indiana
P
Providence Farm Offline
trapper
Providence Farm  Offline
trapper
P

Indiana
Trapper 7 we no longer need a permit to carry concealed. Our lifetime permit is $125 and I think out 4 year permit is free. No classes required.

Re: Conceal Carry Guys [Re: Bob Jameson] #7635721
07/26/22 05:03 PM
07/26/22 05:03 PM
Minnesota
330-Trapper Online content

trapper
330-Trapper  Online Content

trapper

Minnesota
Originally Posted by Bob Jameson
Sure have, pulled and pointed. Exchanged words with two young would be truck jackers in local Walmart parking lot a few years back in the spring. Dark skinned, hooded early 20's.

They said they needed a ride, I said no, I don't give rides to strangers. I said you will have to ask someone else here maybe you can find someone.

I am not going that way anyway. They said we need a ride now, I said sorry, I am not going to do that.

One said we are just going to take your truck then. I said, that wouldn't be a good idea.

At that point they were standing about at my tailgate/tail light area of my truck. I was at my drivers door with it open. About 10 ft. distance I would estimate. The first step they made towards me I drew, chambered a round very quickly and pointed at the closer target, The second perp was slightly behind and to the right side of the first.

It appeared they were about to rush me together is what my instincts told me.

They heard the racking noise obviously and saw the movement that I made. It was dark except for one lot light that I noticed behind them. It helped to illuminate them better.

I could see behind them to the next parked vehicle row enough to determine if there was anyone behind them going to their parked vehicle. This all happened quickly it seemed much longer then it really was.

I was a split second from firing on the first perp, and getting a mental sight picture and position of the second perp. There was a parked vehicle between us so there was only about 3 -4 feet between the two vehicles.

They stopped immediately when they heard and saw what I did. Then the one perp said , Aw man we were just fooling you bro, the other said yeah man we weren't going to do nothing . I said some bad words that I don't normally use to them and they backed up and took off running.

I said you are a couple of darn lucky #### to be able to go home tonight.

Way to go Bob

NRA and NTA Life Member
www.BackroadsRevised@etsy.com

Re: Conceal Carry Guys [Re: 330-Trapper] #7635737
07/26/22 05:29 PM
07/26/22 05:29 PM
SW Pa
B
Bob Jameson Offline
trapper
Bob Jameson  Offline
trapper
B

SW Pa
I think of that incident every time I go to Walmart. What a life changing event that could have been that night for me and those young men.

I am surprised they didn't complain to LEO that I brandished a firearm towards them. Didn't know if they were carrying guns / knives or just bluffing.

Re: Conceal Carry Guys [Re: HayDay] #7635745
07/26/22 05:55 PM
07/26/22 05:55 PM
Indiana
P
Providence Farm Offline
trapper
Providence Farm  Offline
trapper
P

Indiana
Anyone else waiting for our favorite Canadian to ask what your afraid of?

Re: Conceal Carry Guys [Re: HayDay] #7635768
07/26/22 06:30 PM
07/26/22 06:30 PM
The Hill Country of Texas
Leftlane Offline
"HOSS"
Leftlane  Offline
"HOSS"

The Hill Country of Texas
He will tell us to use a beaver snare LOL

“What’s good for me may not be good for the weak minded.”
Captain Gus McCrae- Texas Rangers

Re: Conceal Carry Guys [Re: Providence Farm] #7635772
07/26/22 06:38 PM
07/26/22 06:38 PM
Minnesota
330-Trapper Online content

trapper
330-Trapper  Online Content

trapper

Minnesota
Originally Posted by Providence Farm
Anyone else waiting for our favorite Canadian to ask what your afraid of?

No

NRA and NTA Life Member
www.BackroadsRevised@etsy.com

Re: Conceal Carry Guys [Re: HayDay] #7635782
07/26/22 07:04 PM
07/26/22 07:04 PM
Wisconsin
B
Bear Tracker Offline
trapper
Bear Tracker  Offline
trapper
B

Wisconsin
I was with my buddy in NW Ontario one fall. A former disgruntled employee of his came into the restaurant we were in, flipped my buddy off, mouthed off, fu, etc. He did not respond, we got up to leave and pay the bill, my buddy is not very big. The other guy came up to the cash register and started mouthing off, swearing, and threatening him and his wife, as he came around the corner of the cash register I reached for my hip but empty no carry no defense. Now I've been in plenty of fights and stepped in between, thought oops going to jail and getting deported. LOL he backed down but never felt so naked.

The threats to my wife and children were and are real. I hope to never but will defend them at all costs and want the ability to do so.

Re: Conceal Carry Guys [Re: HayDay] #7636299
07/27/22 02:08 PM
07/27/22 02:08 PM
Mn
N
nightlife Offline
trapper
nightlife  Offline
trapper
N

Mn
Originally Posted by HayDay
I don't, and in my entire lifetime, can't think of a single situation when I felt I would have needed a piece. That may change tomorrow.

But for those of you who do........have you ever needed it? Or situations you know of where a piece was needed. Pulled or not. LEO don't count......that's a given.....like breathing.

Have had to pull mine 3 times involving people and 2 with dogs of those I had to shoot one time where it involved people, thankfully no one died that I know of, pretty sure I hit at least one but no one ever turned up at any local hospitals for treatment

The last time I was just off work and decided to stop at Burger King because it was late and I was tired and not wanting to have to go home and cook something, I placed my order and ate it there and left just as they were locking the lobby door, as soon as I stepped out onto the sidewalk two Somolie guys came around the corner of the building, I stepped down off the curb and between two cars that were parked there figuring if they came at me it would have to be one at a time, one of the men walked on past and stopped about 20 feet or so down the sidewalk and the other at the opening between the cars, the one between the cars asked me what time it was and I told him 10 o’clock, he asked me if I could check my phone and i replied I didn’t have a phone, wereupon he look at the guy further down the walkway then back at me and asked me again if I could check my phone for the time and I told him again I didn’t have one but since they had just closed it had to be 10 or a little later

I could see the guy was getting agitated and he kept looking down the sidewalk at the other guy then said something in Somoli as he suddenly reached for his wasteband, at which my gun came out and pointed at where he had been standing just seconds before but he wasn’t there, I swear I have never seen someone run so fast, by the time my gun came out both of them were down the sidewalk and hitting the parking lot, police showed up about 10/15 minutes later, seems one of the patrons in the restaurant seen what was happening and called it in

Nothing ever came of it that I know you of

�Everything in excess! To enjoy the flavor of life, take big bites. Moderation is for monks.�
― Robert A. Heinlein
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread