No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Re: Is the Global Warming Crusade a Scam? [Re: Finster] #7636844
07/28/22 09:17 AM
07/28/22 09:17 AM
Indiana
P
Providence Farm Offline
trapper
Providence Farm  Offline
trapper
P

Indiana
No amount off reasion, logic or fact can be used to dispute this with the true believers. They worship at the alter.

Never once can they answer the most simple question. So what caused the ice ages and the conclusion of the ice ages? Obviously man was not able to be responsible for any of that. So the climate changes rinse in cycles. Yes man can have a massive effect on the land just the same as a beaver can create lots of habitat. There is not a single chance not a study that can't be shot down that proves we are causing the climate change that's being pushed.

It's sad we are in such a poor state in this country with so many with no will or ability to think and question things for themselves.

Re: Is the Global Warming Crusade a Scam? [Re: Finster] #7636856
07/28/22 09:26 AM
07/28/22 09:26 AM
pa
H
hippie Online content
trapper
hippie  Online Content
trapper
H

pa
Global warming scam artists use local weather, and by local I mean the weather on our little patches of dirt on which human live. More severe storms ect.

We can and do have an impact on local weather and it can be seen in history from ancient civilizations such as the maya. The deforestation of what's now jungle again is highly believed to be their demise, yet they had no overall impact of world climate.

https://science.nasa.gov/science-news/science-at-nasa/2009/06oct_maya/#:~:text=A major drought occurred about the time the,for growing corn to feed their burgeoning
population.

Link failed, but if interested you can Google it. They caused their own drought.

Last edited by hippie; 07/28/22 09:29 AM.
Re: Is the Global Warming Crusade a Scam? [Re: Finster] #7636872
07/28/22 09:48 AM
07/28/22 09:48 AM
Southern Illinois
F
Foxpaw Offline
trapper
Foxpaw  Offline
trapper
F

Southern Illinois
What ever happened to acid rain? It was turning all the lakes acid, then somebody figured out scrubbers on the coal stopped acid rain, but some claim many of those acid lakes were already acid before white man came here due to runoff. We also heard a lot about the earth cooling off back in the 60's and 70's. Then we went thru the hole in the ozone phase and now here we are.

Re: Is the Global Warming Crusade a Scam? [Re: Finster] #7636883
07/28/22 09:56 AM
07/28/22 09:56 AM
NC - Here there and everywhere
C
coondagger2 Offline
"Brat"
coondagger2  Offline
"Brat"
C

NC - Here there and everywhere
I would bet that 90% of us on this forum have a carbon footprint much smaller than those that are proponents of global warming

There is nothing more sustainable than fending for yourself. Growing and killing your own food and trapping fur.

They shove the agenda of electric vehicles, "renewable" energy etc etc down your throat but in reality we know that this is all political and driven by money and greed

Let them continue to tell you how you should live while they take 15 minute plane rides across town because they don't want to sit in traffic.......lol

Gotta live up to the nickname...
Re: Is the Global Warming Crusade a Scam? [Re: Finster] #7636905
07/28/22 10:42 AM
07/28/22 10:42 AM
Oregon
beaverpeeler Offline
trapper
beaverpeeler  Offline
trapper

Oregon
To me it is surprising that so many fail to grasp the basic physics at play. Greenhouse gases including carbon dioxide, methane, etc are exponentially being released into the atmosphere. They act like a heat trapping blanket. Walk into a greenhouse....HEY, any warmer in there? Of course.

As far as the climate has always been changing talk...of course it has. Who says it hasn't? We've been way hotter and way colder many times over in the history of our planet. The difference now is the speed at which it is happening.

In the scientific community there is consensus that man's activities are causing this hyper speed change in the climate warming up. Anybody who says that there is not worldwide scientific consensus on this doesn't know what they're talking about. End of story.

I have looked into of a few of the fringe scientists claims refuting climate change by man and find that they are being financed that by the fossil fuel industry. How does their credibility look to you now?

My fear of moving stairs is escalating!
Re: Is the Global Warming Crusade a Scam? [Re: Foxpaw] #7636907
07/28/22 10:46 AM
07/28/22 10:46 AM
Georgia
warrior Offline
trapper
warrior  Offline
trapper

Georgia
Originally Posted by Foxpaw
What ever happened to acid rain? It was turning all the lakes acid, then somebody figured out scrubbers on the coal stopped acid rain, but some claim many of those acid lakes were already acid before white man came here due to runoff. We also heard a lot about the earth cooling off back in the 60's and 70's. Then we went thru the hole in the ozone phase and now here we are.

I remember a study done on the NATO training ranges of Europe during my time there, I was stationed at Graf, in the late 80s.

The premise was that acid rain was killing the conifer forests of Germany and constant use by military heavy vehicles on the ranges were adding insult to injury.
The findings were that the constant crushing and stirring of dust from the mostly limestone aggregate tank trails was spreading and settling on the forests was countering any acid rain effect.

[Linked Image]
Re: Is the Global Warming Crusade a Scam? [Re: beaverpeeler] #7636912
07/28/22 10:50 AM
07/28/22 10:50 AM
Fredonia, PA.
Finster Offline OP
trapper
Finster  Offline OP
trapper

Fredonia, PA.
Originally Posted by beaverpeeler

In the scientific community there is consensus that man's activities are causing this hyper speed change in the climate warming up. Anybody who says that there is not worldwide scientific consensus on this doesn't know what they're talking about. End of story.

I have looked into of a few of the fringe scientists claims refuting climate change by man and find that they are being financed that by the fossil fuel industry. How does their credibility look to you now?

NO, THERE IS NOT A CONSENSUS! That's the point! Do you ever bother to research anything or do you just believe what you are told? I even posted an article about it on the bottom of the last page. Did you bother to read it, much less have to bother to click a link?

Last edited by Finster; 07/28/22 10:59 AM.

I BELIEVE IN MY GOD, MY COUNTRY AND IN MYSELF.
Re: Is the Global Warming Crusade a Scam? [Re: beaverpeeler] #7636917
07/28/22 10:55 AM
07/28/22 10:55 AM
Indiana
P
Providence Farm Offline
trapper
Providence Farm  Offline
trapper
P

Indiana
To me it is surprising that so many fail to grasp the basic physics at play. Greenhouse gases including carbon dioxide, methane, etc are exponentially being released into the atmosphere. They act like a heat trapping blanket. Walk into a greenhouse....HEY, any warmer in there? Of course.

As far as the climate has always been changing talk...of course it has. Who says it hasn't? We've been way hotter and way colder many times over in the history of our planet. The difference now is the speed at which it is happening.

Actually got the last several year we have been cooling and the ice caps have been expanding but your free to believe what you chose.

Re: Is the Global Warming Crusade a Scam? [Re: beaverpeeler] #7636921
07/28/22 11:08 AM
07/28/22 11:08 AM
SE Iowa USA
A
AKAjust Offline
trapper
AKAjust  Offline
trapper
A

SE Iowa USA

Very well said.
thank you.
just

Re: Is the Global Warming Crusade a Scam? [Re: Providence Farm] #7636923
07/28/22 11:11 AM
07/28/22 11:11 AM
SE Iowa USA
A
AKAjust Offline
trapper
AKAjust  Offline
trapper
A

SE Iowa USA
Originally Posted by Providence Farm

Actually got the last several year we have been cooling and the ice caps have been expanding but your free to believe what you chose.

Not at all true.
just

Re: Is the Global Warming Crusade a Scam? [Re: beaverpeeler] #7636929
07/28/22 11:16 AM
07/28/22 11:16 AM
Georgia
warrior Offline
trapper
warrior  Offline
trapper

Georgia

And you have a PhD in what? Written how many peer reviewed research papers? Run how many double blind field experiments?

Or are you just doing as the rest of us and coming to conclusions based upon what the mass media are saying?

I've seen enough to definitively say the following.

Global Warming, inconclusive.
Man Made, inconclusive.
Politically Motivated, absolutely.
Proposed Responses, detrimental.

[Linked Image]
Re: Is the Global Warming Crusade a Scam? [Re: g smith] #7636931
07/28/22 11:18 AM
07/28/22 11:18 AM
Central Oregon
AntiGov Offline
trapper
AntiGov  Offline
trapper

Central Oregon
Originally Posted by g smith
Who needs a scientist to decide ? Common sense is sufficient . Cars ,pavement ,buildings ,chem fallow ,roads ,roofs and on and on . 2+ 2 is 5 Chimate change is REAL

That's the problem right there , 2+2 is 4 in my book

You climo worshipers make it up as you go

Report a post club - Non member

Re: Is the Global Warming Crusade a Scam? [Re: Finster] #7636950
07/28/22 11:53 AM
07/28/22 11:53 AM
Southern Illinois
F
Foxpaw Offline
trapper
Foxpaw  Offline
trapper
F

Southern Illinois
We had one little lady that preached that when the Russians sent up Sputnik it was causing our adverse weather and said the same after every other launch til she died. She also said when we got our first tv that the antenna on the roof was a scorpion tail talked about in Revelation.

Re: Is the Global Warming Crusade a Scam? [Re: beaverpeeler] #7636993
07/28/22 01:11 PM
07/28/22 01:11 PM
Barnum, MN
S
ScottW Offline
trapper
ScottW  Offline
trapper
S

Barnum, MN
Originally Posted by AKAjust
Here is something for you to think about. In 2010 there were an estimated 1 billion cars operating in the world.
According to Motor verso the exhaust from those billion cars is between 600 and 1800*F. Depending on operating time.

Thats not including diesel or coal fired power plants along with home and buisness heating.
that doesn't include the result of adding CO2 to the air.
To think WE don't make a difference is just plain foolish.
just

Well said. Many are turning it into a scam, but I believe the man made impacts on the climate are real. The truth is likely SOMEWHERE in the middle of the yay and nay sayers. Happy trapping! ScottW

Re: Is the Global Warming Crusade a Scam? [Re: Finster] #7636995
07/28/22 01:13 PM
07/28/22 01:13 PM
pa
H
hippie Online content
trapper
hippie  Online Content
trapper
H

pa
You can't make this stuff up...well democrats can because people are dumb enough to believe it.

New bill under the guise of slowing inflation (by wasting more money?) Is nothing but a wealth redistribution scheme being pushed right now. Money for electric cars, even more money dumped into the ACA debacle of Obamas that did nothing in the 12 years since past, and whatever other worthless program they can think of.

Now they say it will pay for itself via tax raises that they say won't effect anyone making under 400k. Sure, companies will just eat the loss instead of passing it on.
I guess that if you have a gullible audience they'll believe whatever you feed them.

Hope we survive until these thieves get thrown out of office!

Ps, at least the global activists are getting funded.

Re: Is the Global Warming Crusade a Scam? [Re: Finster] #7636997
07/28/22 01:16 PM
07/28/22 01:16 PM
Wheaton Ks
L
lee steinmeyer Offline
trapper
lee steinmeyer  Offline
trapper
L

Wheaton Ks
Another one breaks wind!
Not you hippie, the one above you! grin

YOU CAN IGNORE REALITY, BUT YOU CANNOT IGNORE THE CONSEQUENCES OF IGNORING REALITY.

http://www.lptraplinesupply.com
Re: Is the Global Warming Crusade a Scam? [Re: Finster] #7637129
07/28/22 05:09 PM
07/28/22 05:09 PM
Iowa
T
trapdog1 Offline
trapper
trapdog1  Offline
trapper
T

Iowa
So the left wants to spend billions to "combat climate change". This simply means those billions will get shoveled into select pockets and NOTHING WILL CHANGE.
Prove me wrong.

Re: Is the Global Warming Crusade a Scam? [Re: Finster] #7637132
07/28/22 05:24 PM
07/28/22 05:24 PM
Southern Illinois
F
Foxpaw Offline
trapper
Foxpaw  Offline
trapper
F

Southern Illinois
Most of those type energy schemes is at best break even. What they save in gas they will add other crap in the environment mining and making and recharging the batteries.

Maybe Al Gore will get a patent on a perpetual motion machine, after all, he did so well inventing the internet !

Many believe if your feet get cold because your blanket is too short. Then cut a foot off the top and add it on the bottom.

Re: Is the Global Warming Crusade a Scam? [Re: Finster] #7637250
07/28/22 08:08 PM
07/28/22 08:08 PM
Oregon
beaverpeeler Offline
trapper
beaverpeeler  Offline
trapper

Oregon
[Linked Image]

I stand by my earlier post. Don't need a phD to understand it's warm inside a greenhouse and cooler outside of it.

Last edited by beaverpeeler; 07/28/22 08:10 PM.

My fear of moving stairs is escalating!
Re: Is the Global Warming Crusade a Scam? [Re: Finster] #7637251
07/28/22 08:09 PM
07/28/22 08:09 PM
Georgia
warrior Offline
trapper
warrior  Offline
trapper

Georgia
But I saw it on the internet, so it must be true!

ROFLMAO

[Linked Image]
Page 5 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread