No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Loaded question On atrial ablation. wwyd #7640595
08/02/22 03:52 PM
08/02/22 03:52 PM
Northeast Wisconsin
N
NE Wildlife Offline OP
trapper
NE Wildlife  Offline OP
trapper
N

Northeast Wisconsin
Soo a little history. Had afib/flutter for last few years. Did
An ablation in December, seemed it took care of the afib
But not the flutter(150bpm) heart rate.
So on medication that was recently upped to help control
It and it has in the last month or so. Anyway had my second ablation today to try and
Fix it. However after going in on the right side of heart and Both groins with catheter
They didn’t go into left side of heart because they couldn’t get it to go into flutter when
They were in there. Dr came out and told my wife that there should have been a note to stop the
Medication to keep it in rhythm however there wasn’t any Instructions to stop that medicine and
Only to stop the blood thinner.
Soo now they are having me stop the medication and re do the ablation in the future.
Do you think I should have to pay for both these dam surgeries not to mention all the preparation
Baby sitters, time off work, stress on my wife and parents.
How would you proceed? Also think It’s time to switch hospitals but not much for options up here.

Re: Loaded question On atrial ablation. wwyd [Re: NE Wildlife] #7640635
08/02/22 04:43 PM
08/02/22 04:43 PM
Three Lakes,WI 72
C
corky Offline
trapper
corky  Offline
trapper
C

Three Lakes,WI 72
I had a pacemaker/defibrillator installed in Wausau. They forgot to take me off blood thinners even though I brought it to their attention twice pre-surgery. Doctor proceeded anyway. Luckily there were no complications except bigger bruising. Maybe we had the same doctors? LOL

Re: Loaded question On atrial ablation. wwyd [Re: NE Wildlife] #7640647
08/02/22 04:51 PM
08/02/22 04:51 PM
Green County Wisconsin
G
GREENCOUNTYPETE Offline
trapper
GREENCOUNTYPETE  Offline
trapper
G

Green County Wisconsin
you should let your insurance know they screwed up at the hospital they have a lot more leverage to get the bill reduced and make your bill less

my daughter was just in the hospital a total of 9 days over 2 weeks , gal bladder and issues with it's removal

we would have been out in 4 days and done if they had done the procedure they wanted , but couldn't do it at that hospital and all the area hospitals that could were full enough they wouldn't take it on without her being an emergency.

guess what it was 2 days after they took the gal balder out without taking the blockage out of the bile duct first back to the ER and finally got it fixed but then after all that had to be watched for 3 more days because of the mess it caused.

done right the first time would have been 2 days , limitations , broken machines , so frustrating

America only has one issue, we have a Responsibility crisis and everything else stems from it.
Re: Loaded question On atrial ablation. wwyd [Re: NE Wildlife] #7640651
08/02/22 04:55 PM
08/02/22 04:55 PM
Asheville, NC
C
charles Offline
trapper
charles  Offline
trapper
C

Asheville, NC
I had flutter. Ablation fixed it. Before that, I had AFIB. Shock paddles and meds fixed that. Been lucky so far. About three years of success now.

Re: Loaded question On atrial ablation. wwyd [Re: corky] #7640661
08/02/22 05:24 PM
08/02/22 05:24 PM
Northeast Wisconsin
N
NE Wildlife Offline OP
trapper
NE Wildlife  Offline OP
trapper
N

Northeast Wisconsin
Originally Posted by corky
I had a pacemaker/defibrillator installed in Wausau. They forgot to take me off blood thinners even though I brought it to their attention twice pre-surgery. Doctor proceeded anyway. Luckily there were no complications except bigger bruising. Maybe we had the same doctors? LOL

Well hopefully don’t have to go the pacemaker route as I’m only 35 and they probably don’t
Last real long. Mine was done at bellin in Green Bay, at least they knew to take me off the blood
Thinner. Good thing that came out of this is that I don’t have to go back on the thinner anymore.

Re: Loaded question On atrial ablation. wwyd [Re: NE Wildlife] #7640693
08/02/22 06:14 PM
08/02/22 06:14 PM
East-Central Wisconsin
B
bblwi Offline
trapper
bblwi  Offline
trapper
B

East-Central Wisconsin
It does not matter much what we think. The result or results will be what you can negotiate with the health care providers.

Bryce

Re: Loaded question On atrial ablation. wwyd [Re: NE Wildlife] #7640736
08/02/22 07:25 PM
08/02/22 07:25 PM
Oregon 66
bfflobo Offline
trapper
bfflobo  Offline
trapper

Oregon 66
The patient is third in line of importance, after the hospital or clinic and doctor.
Same as stock brokerage house, broker, then you.
Pharmaceutical company, pharmacy, then you.
Could go on but you get then point.
OH, then there is insurance companies.

Clean traps,tight lines,straight shooting
http://i.imgur.com/3sawxE9m.jpg
Re: Loaded question On atrial ablation. wwyd [Re: NE Wildlife] #7640877
08/02/22 10:07 PM
08/02/22 10:07 PM
Virginia
52Carl Offline
trapper
52Carl  Offline
trapper

Virginia
I'd start from scratch with a new doctor. They screwed up. You ain't playing patty cakes or tiddly winks here.
It is not uncommon to have to go back in to find the right cable to eliminate to fix the problem. They can't just go in there and cut a bunch of wires all at once. One of those wires in there is what keeps you alive.

Re: Loaded question On atrial ablation. wwyd [Re: NE Wildlife] #7640922
08/02/22 11:06 PM
08/02/22 11:06 PM
NC, Orange Co.
QuietButDeadly Offline
trapper
QuietButDeadly  Offline
trapper

NC, Orange Co.
I had the ablation procedure several years ago. I was not on blood thinner but was no Tikosyn. Before they would do the procedure, they put me on blood thinner and got it stabilized but they did not take me off Tikosyn which is a heart rhythm drug. The procedure solved my issues and a few weeks later they took me off the blood thinner and the heart rhythm meds. Nary a problem since. Mine was done by the head of the EP Lab at Duke University.

To the OP......I hope you can get your problem addressed and under control. I would provide the data you have to your insurance and let them sort that out. Your other option might be an ambulance chasing lawyer if you wanted to go that route.

Life Member: NCTA, VTA, NTA, TTFHA, MFTI
Member: FTA NRA NWTF
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread