No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Kids drive Tractor to school / cops impounds [Re: 330-Trapper] #7656937
08/24/22 11:13 AM
08/24/22 11:13 AM
Southern Illinois
F
Foxpaw Offline
trapper
Foxpaw  Offline
trapper
F

Southern Illinois
I like that "When two worlds collide" HayDay. I'm thinking with the upcoming changes we have ahead of us we are going to see more of that. I've thought a lot about whether I can bend enough to keep from breaking. Sometimes I think its kinda like the Jews being taken to Babylon. They planted gardens and vineyards because they was going to be their awhile. I feel the change we have coming is going to be here a long time. In fact no longer than I have, I figure if I plant potatoes in the spring, I am blest just to live long enough eat them, lol.

My best friends grandpa was a one legged preacher. He lost his leg hopping a train. Anyway when tractors were just coming on the scene one family bought one. Their problem was their old mule was a pet, so they didn't want to skin him out, but they didn't want to have to buy his feed either. So they decided they would give him to the preacher and let him feed it. Well that spring the one legged preacher used the mule plow his land and planted his corn. Then that fall he used the old mule to pick his corn.
In the meantime the preacher thought about how nice (being in his crippled condition) it would be if he just got one of them new tractors. So he killed the mule and got a few dollars for his hide. The family that had given him the mule was furious that he did such a thing. That was their pet mule after all !

Yep,"When two worlds collide".

Re: Kids drive Tractor to school / cops impounds [Re: whartonrattrappe] #7656969
08/24/22 11:47 AM
08/24/22 11:47 AM
NY
R
Rat_Pack Offline
trapper
Rat_Pack  Offline
trapper
R

NY
Originally Posted by whartonrattrappe
Originally Posted by Rat_Pack
10 to 1 the (This word is unacceptable on Trapperman) cop was from outside the area. Norwich is a rural farming community where you're as likely to see a tractor as any other vehicle

I usually stay out of the cop threads, but since I live within 10 miles I can tell you the cop"s here are no different. They stoke their ego's on crap like this. I have know a half dozen of the sheriff's in Chenango county before, and after they were county sheriff's. They are totally different people now for whatever reason. I suspect it's the training because the State troopers don't act like that unless you give them a reason.

That sucks. You'd think if they were from the area they'd get it

Re: Kids drive Tractor to school / cops impounds [Re: BigBob] #7657005
08/24/22 12:49 PM
08/24/22 12:49 PM
Tug Hill, NY
S
Squash Offline
trapper
Squash  Offline
trapper
S

Tug Hill, NY
[quote=BigBob]Cop stupidity??? What about that dipwad punk driving around town causing backups and potential acidents?[/quote

Yup, cops better spend their time and taxpayers dollars cracking down on students driving a farm tractor to school, much worst than people driving under the influence of drugs and alcohol. And then there’s the “dip wad” Amish ,”causing backups and potential accidents.”
Norwich, NY is a rural farm community in upstate NY, farm equipment on the public roads are common. I say again dumb a_ _ stupid local cop.

Re: Kids drive Tractor to school / cops impounds [Re: 330-Trapper] #7657016
08/24/22 01:13 PM
08/24/22 01:13 PM
rogers city mi.
J
jeff karsten Offline
trapper
jeff karsten  Offline
trapper
J

rogers city mi.
Cops probably got dozens of calls from people that couldn't go as fast as they like

olden tyred
Re: Kids drive Tractor to school / cops impounds [Re: 330-Trapper] #7657045
08/24/22 01:55 PM
08/24/22 01:55 PM
NC - Here there and everywhere
C
coondagger2 Offline
"Brat"
coondagger2  Offline
"Brat"
C

NC - Here there and everywhere
This reminds me of that Craig Morgan song...

Gotta live up to the nickname...
Re: Kids drive Tractor to school / cops impounds [Re: 330-Trapper] #7657106
08/24/22 04:08 PM
08/24/22 04:08 PM
Missouri
O
Osagian Offline
trapper
Osagian  Offline
trapper
O

Missouri
I was driving through Iowa in the late 70s. Late evening, mid July, Friday night, right before dark, hot night, some little town north on Des Moines on 2 lane US 65 Highway. Anyway,,,,I was passing a drive-in theater and backed up waiting to get in were a line of farm kids on tractors with their girl friends sitting on the fender. As I remember the line was about half cars and half tractors.

Daughter in-law is a high school teacher in a small Western Missouri farming town. Big farms. It's common there to see the farm kids run their tractors to school in the spring planting and fall harvest time of year. That way they can go straight from school to the field. And I'm sure they think it's cool to run their tractor to school. Some of them are under 16 so couldn't run a machine on the roads otherwise.

Re: Kids drive Tractor to school / cops impounds [Re: 330-Trapper] #7657127
08/24/22 04:40 PM
08/24/22 04:40 PM
NWT
Ryan McLeod Offline
trapper
Ryan McLeod  Offline
trapper

NWT
If the law says no tractors on the roads then yeah he shouldnt be driving tractors on the roads. Rules are rules right? Or did you all forget the Britney Griner threads already?

If you take care of the land the land will take care of you
Re: Kids drive Tractor to school / cops impounds [Re: Ryan McLeod] #7657131
08/24/22 04:44 PM
08/24/22 04:44 PM
Indiana
P
Providence Farm Online content
trapper
Providence Farm  Online Content
trapper
P

Indiana
Originally Posted by Ryan McLeod
If the law says no tractors on the roads then yeah he shouldnt be driving tractors on the roads. Rules are rules right? Or did you all forget the Britney Griner threads already?

That's the point tractor ARE legal on the road. The cop had zero authority or justification. That's why he was fired.

Funny I bet all those in jail for pot are pretty mad what they see the government trying to get her free for breaking another xxciuntyies drug laws.

Re: Kids drive Tractor to school / cops impounds [Re: 330-Trapper] #7657178
08/24/22 05:55 PM
08/24/22 05:55 PM
N Central Kansas
Z
ZionHeritageFarm Offline
trapper
ZionHeritageFarm  Offline
trapper
Z

N Central Kansas
If a tractor on the road bothers you then certainly don’t come to my area. Tractors pulling planters, combines, sprayers, run the roads and state highways daily. Just wait about a month til harvest starts.. that would kill you lol

From Zion, perfect in beauty, God shines forth. Psalms 50:2
Re: Kids drive Tractor to school / cops impounds [Re: 330-Trapper] #7657193
08/24/22 06:11 PM
08/24/22 06:11 PM
Missouri
H
HayDay Offline
trapper
HayDay  Offline
trapper
H

Missouri
Or get behind a mile long tractor parade in Iowa.

Last edited by HayDay; 08/24/22 06:17 PM.
Re: Kids drive Tractor to school / cops impounds [Re: 330-Trapper] #7657194
08/24/22 06:12 PM
08/24/22 06:12 PM
Louisiana
M
MattLA Offline
trapper
MattLA  Offline
trapper
M

Louisiana
This is actually outrageous, Norwich is a farm community tucked in the Southern Tier. There are a large amount of tractors, farm equipment and other stuff that nature, and everybody knows everybody. Disappointing to say the least.

Re: Kids drive Tractor to school / cops impounds [Re: Providence Farm] #7657240
08/24/22 07:12 PM
08/24/22 07:12 PM
Ne pa
J
Jerry Jr. Offline
trapper
Jerry Jr.  Offline
trapper
J

Ne pa
Originally Posted by Providence Farm
Good point diggerman . I sure pay taxes on half the road of that half mile of frontage on my farm. Deed says I own it it's included in the footage in the survey I do believe.

Are you talking about a township/state road or are you talking about a ROW? Here, the township owns the township roads and the state owns the state roads. We own the ROW's. We do pay taxes on them, but, we also get to collect the gas money off of them.

Time is more precious than gold if you know how to spend it
.... but what do I know, I'm just a dumb farmer.~My Dad
NRA LIFE MEMBER, Endowment Member
Re: Kids drive Tractor to school / cops impounds [Re: Ryan McLeod] #7657247
08/24/22 07:15 PM
08/24/22 07:15 PM
Over there.
F
Flicker Shad Offline
trapper
Flicker Shad  Offline
trapper
F

Over there.
Originally Posted by Ryan McLeod

What does the law say?

Re: Kids drive Tractor to school / cops impounds [Re: MattLA] #7657271
08/24/22 07:40 PM
08/24/22 07:40 PM
NY
whartonrattrappe Offline
trapper
whartonrattrappe  Offline
trapper

NY
Originally Posted by Tofan
This is actually outrageous, Norwich is a farm community tucked in the Southern Tier. There are a large amount of tractors, farm equipment and other stuff that nature, and everybody knows everybody. Disappointing to say the least.

Tofan, I remember you were missing the southern tier, and thinking of moving back,I also kind of remember you were in law enforcement, you're spot on, most of the kids in school have more road miles on a tractor then they do their jacked up coal rolling trucks.

Re: Kids drive Tractor to school / cops impounds [Re: 330-Trapper] #7657510
08/25/22 05:52 AM
08/25/22 05:52 AM
Greene County,Virginia
R
run Offline
trapper
run  Offline
trapper
R

Greene County,Virginia
That's cool that you have mile long tractor parades in Iowa. Pretty rare in my part of Virginia.

Last edited by run; 08/25/22 05:52 AM.

wanna be goat farmer.
Re: Kids drive Tractor to school / cops impounds [Re: run] #7657525
08/25/22 06:06 AM
08/25/22 06:06 AM
Iowa
T
trapdog1 Online content
trapper
trapdog1  Online Content
trapper
T

Iowa
Originally Posted by run
That's cool that you have mile long tractor parades in Iowa. Pretty rare in my part of Virginia.

There are several big tractor rides every summer. They are cool to see, but not so fun when you get caught up in one while in a hurry. grin

Re: Kids drive Tractor to school / cops impounds [Re: Jerry Jr.] #7657531
08/25/22 06:25 AM
08/25/22 06:25 AM
N Central Kansas
Z
ZionHeritageFarm Offline
trapper
ZionHeritageFarm  Offline
trapper
Z

N Central Kansas
Originally Posted by Jerry Jr.
Originally Posted by Providence Farm
Good point diggerman . I sure pay taxes on half the road of that half mile of frontage on my farm. Deed says I own it it's included in the footage in the survey I do believe.

Are you talking about a township/state road or are you talking about a ROW? Here, the township owns the township roads and the state owns the state roads. We own the ROW's. We do pay taxes on them, but, we also get to collect the gas money off of them.

If it’s like my situation, the county roads ( township roads ) my property line is at the middle of the road. It is figured into my total acreage and I pay taxes on it. The county maintains it ( sort of ). State roads the state owns the right of way. So depending on ROW width at that particular stretch of road, say 30’ each side of centerline, that is state property.

From Zion, perfect in beauty, God shines forth. Psalms 50:2
Re: Kids drive Tractor to school / cops impounds [Re: 330-Trapper] #7657533
08/25/22 06:27 AM
08/25/22 06:27 AM

M
Mark June
Unregistered
Mark June
Unregistered
M

This country has changed from rural based to urban based and tractors, which I REALLY like seeing out in farm fields, are associated with "those people."
"Those people" are the finest salt of the earth types, of which I've been blessed beyond measure to know, ask permission to trap from, and shake their hand on a "deal."
Plus, I like grains. Breads. Tortillas. Lots of it. And breads/grains don't come from the grocery store, they come from the earth courtesy of those who drive tractors.

Follow that popo and the first time he sits down to a table with beef, chicken, turkey, ham, potatoes, tomatoes, carrots, or breads....
take 'em all away from him until he kisses a farmer on the cheek and says "I appreciate you!"

Cause we all should say thanks to those who are the salt of the earth >>>>. Preserving it. Flavoring it and so much more.
God Bless them tractor drivers, every one!

Blessings,
Mark

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread