No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Re: Dinosaur [Re: nate] #7656591
08/23/22 08:37 PM
08/23/22 08:37 PM
Alaska and Washington State
W
waggler Offline
trapper
waggler  Offline
trapper
W

^^^^^
Walleye101
I think it is good to have honest debates (among believers) about "open-handed" issues; after all "iron sharpens iron". But when a few prominent people get dogmatic on an issue that can't be supported biblically it just makes all of us look foolish. I think we can agree on that.

Definitions;
Open-handed issues.
Things like; the age of the earth, predestination vs freewill, cultural issues on things that are not biblically prohibited, etc..

Close-handed issues, God is the Creator, Jesus is God incarnate, Jesus took the penalty of our sins upon himself, Jesus rose from the dead, etc..

Last edited by waggler; 08/23/22 08:40 PM.

"My life is better than your vacation"
Re: Dinosaur [Re: nate] #7656620
08/23/22 09:19 PM
08/23/22 09:19 PM
Virginia
52Carl Offline
trapper
52Carl  Offline
trapper

Virginia
Originally Posted by nate

I understand they carbon dated snails to be thirty thousand years old, and the place knew they were less than 30 years old. LoL

They carbon dated a fresh killed seal to be 1600 years old. ( Antarctic Journal of United States Volume 6 Oct. 1971)

Depending on the method used, Those results may be within the margin of error the given method.
You don't see carbon dates reported as a number like 33,450,012 years.

Re: Dinosaur [Re: nate] #7656632
08/23/22 09:33 PM
08/23/22 09:33 PM
KY.usa
rex123 Offline
trapper
rex123  Offline
trapper

KY.usa
I should not ask this but I will anyway. When people talk about the ark they always talk about animals by twos but I am pretty sure there was a different count for a different type of animal? I am speaking of clean and unclean.

Re: Dinosaur [Re: Bigbrownie] #7656641
08/23/22 09:43 PM
08/23/22 09:43 PM
mo.
N
nate Offline OP
trapper
nate  Offline OP
trapper
N

mo.
Originally Posted by Bigbrownie
How was Noah able to wrangle up two Bigfoots for the Arc? We can’t even find one.

Did you not read the Bible, anything is possible with God!!

It's easier to thread a camel through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to get to heaven, but anything is possible with God.

Re: Dinosaur [Re: stinkypete] #7656649
08/23/22 09:54 PM
08/23/22 09:54 PM
Maine, Aroostook
Posco Offline
trapper
Posco  Offline
trapper

Maine, Aroostook
Originally Posted by stinkypete
X2 Charles. I was told long ago. Cant mix science and faith. Neither can support the other. But you can believe in both. No wrong in that.

The Bible is never wrong where it touches on science. Not in hydrology, biology, cosmology or anything else it touches on.

Re: Dinosaur [Re: waggler] #7656864
08/24/22 08:55 AM
08/24/22 08:55 AM
Hancock Co., Indiana
Kart29 Offline
trapper
Kart29  Offline
trapper

Hancock Co., Indiana
Originally Posted by waggler
I asked him why God would do such a thing; his reply was "to confuse the foolish". My reply to him was, "God is not a God of confusion..." 1 Corinthians 14:33.

True. But then, on the other hand, Jesus did say that he spoke in parables so that people on the outside would NOT understand what He was saying, otherwise they mihgt believe and repent.
‘Be ever hearing, but never understanding;
be ever seeing, but never perceiving.’
Make the heart of this people calloused;
make their ears dull
and close their eyes.
Otherwise they might see with their eyes,
hear with their ears,
understand with their hearts,
and turn and be healed.”

What from Christ that soul can sever,
Bound by everlasting bands?
None shall take thee
From the Strength of Israel's hands.

Re: Dinosaur [Re: nate] #7656874
08/24/22 09:18 AM
08/24/22 09:18 AM
Hancock Co., Indiana
Kart29 Offline
trapper
Kart29  Offline
trapper

Hancock Co., Indiana
I too have doubts about a lot of what is put forth as fact about dinosaurs. It often seems to me that I'm given lots of information about a particular species of dinosaur - when it lived, what it ate, how it reproduced, how its skin was textured and how fast it could run. I'm shown a graphic model of it in a dioramic setting to show what color it was and the habitat in which it lived. Then when I read more about the details I find out that they extrapolated all this from three small pieces of fossilized bone. crazy Things like that make me very skeptical!

I know there's a lot of very smart scientists out there. But I believe a lot of them (even "intelligent design" or "young earth" proponents) speculate about things and then put forth their conclusions as irrefutable fact. Anyways... dinosaur fossils are interesting and worth exploring. But, they really aren't that important to modern existence or our way of life. It's quite amusing, but none of it really makes any difference to what I'm going to do today or tomorrow.

What from Christ that soul can sever,
Bound by everlasting bands?
None shall take thee
From the Strength of Israel's hands.

Re: Dinosaur [Re: nate] #7656889
08/24/22 09:48 AM
08/24/22 09:48 AM
Peoria County Illinois
Larry Baer Offline
trapper
Larry Baer  Offline
trapper

Peoria County Illinois
I'm a young earth believer. There is so much unexplained. When the flood happened if you take the Bible literally there was world wide cataclysmic happenings. It says mountains were made flat and flat places were raised up. I believe the world was very different than it is now. I believe in dinosaurs - I just think they were left on the earth by God instead of having them enter the ark or maybe they were on the ark but did not survive long afterword. There's a stone river bed out west that has dinosaur tracks and human tracks together petrified into the stone. Why not? We accept the people who say '' millions and millions of years ago'' but when someone like me says they think the earth is not that old we are called crazy. In my onion it is all about faith. You can have faith in God or faith in nature or faith in your own ideas. I look at the piles of dead dino bones in the west as proof of a great flood drowning them. People studying them say it looks like they were all washed there at the same time. As trappers we see all the secret places and things others do not get to see. We are part of nature. We are the top preditor. I just believe God is in charge of it all.

This is like the big bang theory; What went bang?

Just passin through
Re: Dinosaur [Re: Larry Baer] #7656911
08/24/22 10:28 AM
08/24/22 10:28 AM
W
waggler Offline
trapper
waggler  Offline
trapper
W

Originally Posted by Larry Baer
I'm a young earth believer. There is so much unexplained. When the flood happened if you take the Bible literally there was world wide cataclysmic happenings. It says mountains were made flat and flat places were raised up. I believe the world was very different than it is now. I believe in dinosaurs - I just think they were left on the earth by God instead of having them enter the ark or maybe they were on the ark but did not survive long afterword. There's a stone river bed out west that has dinosaur tracks and human tracks together petrified into the stone. Why not? We accept the people who say '' millions and millions of years ago'' but when someone like me says they think the earth is not that old we are called crazy. In my onion it is all about faith. You can have faith in God or faith in nature or faith in your own ideas. I look at the piles of dead dino bones in the west as proof of a great flood drowning them. People studying them say it looks like they were all washed there at the same time. As trappers we see all the secret places and things others do not get to see. We are part of nature. We are the top preditor. I just believe God is in charge of it all.

[b][/b]
I mentioned it way earlier in this thread, but this story of human and dinosaur track together has been debunked. The person who originally "found" them admits that he chiseled their outlines a bit in order to make them "easier to see".

Furthermore, and to his credit I might add, John D. Morris - son of the late Henry Morris (Institute of Creation Research) - agrees that those are not human tracks in what has become known as the "Paluxy River foot prints" .
here's a link.
https://drmsh.com/those-alleged-human-footprints-mixed-with-dinosaur-tracks-in-paluxy-tx/

"My life is better than your vacation"
Re: Dinosaur [Re: nate] #7656949
08/24/22 11:26 AM
08/24/22 11:26 AM
Maine, Aroostook
Posco Offline
trapper
Posco  Offline
trapper

Maine, Aroostook
If you believe the creation account in the Bible, you're forced to believe Adam walked with dinosaurs. There was no death before Adam sinned.

Re: Dinosaur [Re: Posco] #7656979
08/24/22 12:00 PM
08/24/22 12:00 PM
Northern Minnesota
BernieB. Offline
trapper
BernieB.  Offline
trapper

Northern Minnesota
Originally Posted by Posco
If you believe the creation account in the Bible, you're forced to believe Adam walked with dinosaurs. There was no death before Adam sinned.

Exactly. And there is PLENTY of scientific evidence that humans and animals were on the earth at the same time.

Re: Dinosaur [Re: BernieB.] #7656991
08/24/22 12:17 PM
08/24/22 12:17 PM
Maine, Aroostook
Posco Offline
trapper
Posco  Offline
trapper

Maine, Aroostook
Originally Posted by BernieB.
Originally Posted by Posco

Exactly. And there is PLENTY of scientific evidence that humans and animals were on the earth at the same time.

I believe the Bible. All of it.

Re: Dinosaur [Re: nate] #7657011
08/24/22 01:02 PM
08/24/22 01:02 PM
Southern Illinois
F
Foxpaw Offline
trapper
Foxpaw  Offline
trapper
F

Southern Illinois
Why if everything is predestined would sin matter.
Maybe God created and destroyed those dinosaurs on one of those 24 hr days the sun wasn't yet.

We are forced to believe? I guess Calvin had scripture that forced babies to be baptized and ended up in some men getting hanged?

Re: Dinosaur [Re: waggler] #7657066
08/24/22 02:53 PM
08/24/22 02:53 PM
Peoria County Illinois
Larry Baer Offline
trapper
Larry Baer  Offline
trapper

Peoria County Illinois
Originally Posted by waggler
Originally Posted by Larry Baer

[b][/b]
I mentioned it way earlier in this thread, but this story of human and dinosaur track together has been debunked. The person who originally "found" them admits that he chiseled their outlines a bit in order to make them "easier to see".

Furthermore, and to his credit I might add, John D. Morris - son of the late Henry Morris (Institute of Creation Research) - agrees that those are not human tracks in what has become known as the "Paluxy River foot prints" .
here's a link.
https://drmsh.com/those-alleged-human-footprints-mixed-with-dinosaur-tracks-in-paluxy-tx/

Oh Man! The lengths people go to! Thanks!

Just passin through
Re: Dinosaur [Re: nate] #7657108
08/24/22 04:10 PM
08/24/22 04:10 PM
S/W Wisconsin
rpmartin Offline
trapper
rpmartin  Offline
trapper

S/W Wisconsin
This is what really happened
[Linked Image]

Life member,
NRA, NTA, RMEF, Pheasants Forever.
WTA,TTA,FTA,SA,GOA, member

Re: Dinosaur [Re: Foxpaw] #7657173
08/24/22 05:53 PM
08/24/22 05:53 PM
Maine, Aroostook
Posco Offline
trapper
Posco  Offline
trapper

Maine, Aroostook
Originally Posted by Foxpaw
Why if everything is predestined would sin matter.

Salvation wouldn't be an issue if not for sin. The doctrine of election scares the daylights out of some and brings great comfort to others. I'm in the latter.

Re: Dinosaur [Re: nate] #7657215
08/24/22 06:30 PM
08/24/22 06:30 PM
Montana
D
D.T. Offline
trapper
D.T.  Offline
trapper
D

Montana
Problems with theory of evolution

Not entirely on the subject, but a great talk i lessened to while fletching arrows on how the theory of evolution has many problems. I never heard this before, but I might of had my mind changed. Lots to learn.

Re: Dinosaur [Re: nate] #7657278
08/24/22 07:50 PM
08/24/22 07:50 PM
Alberta
N
Norwestalta Offline
trapper
Norwestalta  Offline
trapper
N

Alberta
I don't really beleive in much these days. I do beleive in dinosaurs though and I have a hard time wrapping my head around God when it means different things to different people and cultures. I've started in the AA program many years ago and they talk of a higher power. Being non religious I have a hard time understanding this and instead quit drinking by believing in myself. So far so good.

Re: Dinosaur [Re: nate] #7657309
08/24/22 08:30 PM
08/24/22 08:30 PM

M
Mark June
Unregistered
Mark June
Unregistered
M

Wayne,
You have quite a negative opinion on the providence and sovereignty of God. We all do until the day we're called and born again.
As a chaplain who deals with all sorts of grave situations, I'd guess you have some junk in the trunk that is flavoring your opinion, which is not atypical.
In fact, it's rather commonplace.

As far as Dinosaurs, I never met one and I don't care. From so long ago and yet people still argue about who/what/when.

As far as scientific evidence being found in the Bible, that's not what the Special Revelation from God for us was meant for.
It's inspired and authored to reveal the Story and Character of God.

Blessings,
Mark

Re: Dinosaur [Re: nate] #7657375
08/24/22 09:46 PM
08/24/22 09:46 PM
W
waggler Offline
trapper
waggler  Offline
trapper
W