No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 7 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Re: Dinosaur [Re: D.T.] #7657380
08/24/22 09:51 PM
08/24/22 09:51 PM
Southern Illinois
F
Foxpaw Offline
trapper
Foxpaw  Offline
trapper
F

Southern Illinois
Originally Posted by D.T.
Problems with theory of evolution

Not entirely on the subject, but a great talk i lessened to while fletching arrows on how the theory of evolution has many problems. I never heard this before, but I might of had my mind changed. Lots to learn.

Glad I listened to the whole thing. I particularly liked the part about how long does it take 1 million monkeys on 1 million typewriters at random before you get Shakespeare, lol.

Re: Dinosaur [Re: nate] #7657402
08/24/22 10:21 PM
08/24/22 10:21 PM
Alaska and Washington State
W
waggler Offline
trapper
waggler  Offline
trapper
W

I don't care how many monkeys on type writers you have, or for how many years. You still can't generate life from non-life.
Just ask an evolutionist what they think about the idea that used to be accepted as fact; that flies spontaneously generated from garbage. Evolutionist (not mutationists) laugh at the idea of spontaneous fly generation, however, that is essentially what they believe if they believe that life came from non-life.

"My life is better than your vacation"
Re: Dinosaur [Re: nate] #7657406
08/24/22 10:26 PM
08/24/22 10:26 PM
Southern Illinois
F
Foxpaw Offline
trapper
Foxpaw  Offline
trapper
F

Southern Illinois
Yeah, I always hated to swallow a hair because hair turns to worms.

Re: Dinosaur [Re: nate] #7657455
08/24/22 11:27 PM
08/24/22 11:27 PM
Montana
D
D.T. Offline
trapper
D.T.  Offline
trapper
D

Montana
Its a good talk that challenged my past beliefs. I still believe in dinosaurs. Ive found a few fossils and seen other big bones found in my state, but its hard to think of something natural not being the way you assumed it was your whole life. Honestly, it made me feel of earth as an experiment if you remove evolution.

The argument then stays the same. You can't generate life from non-life. So did god just play dinosaur for millions of years before he decided to play human? I mean no offense, just adding to good conversation.

Re: Dinosaur [Re: waggler] #7657491
08/25/22 02:27 AM
08/25/22 02:27 AM
Virginia
52Carl Offline
trapper
52Carl  Offline
trapper

Virginia
Originally Posted by waggler
I don't care how many monkeys on type writers you have, or for how many years. You still can't generate life from non-life.
Just ask an evolutionist what they think about the idea that used to be accepted as fact; that flies spontaneously generated from garbage. Evolutionist (not mutationists) laugh at the idea of spontaneous fly generation, however, that is essentially what they believe if they believe that life came from non-life.

The part about where did "life" come from is a major blockage in my scientific approach. Makes me think that I orta get Jesused up before judgement day comes. How much longer do I have?

Re: Dinosaur [Re: 52Carl] #7657554
08/25/22 06:49 AM
08/25/22 06:49 AM

M
Mark June
Unregistered
Mark June
Unregistered
M

Originally Posted by 52Carl

The part about where did "life" come from is a major blockage in my scientific approach. Makes me think that I orta get Jesused up before judgement day comes. How much longer do I have?

The "where?" is part of the "how" of which all the ologies have debated for some time.
The key however, is in the "why?" as in "why are we here?"
Evolutionary theory, which has bolstered the atheistic worldview, giving it a solid foundation on which to claim "where/how" life began doesn't have an answer for "why" life began?
Which is a very important question to all humans.
Very important indeed. As a pastor who supports people in grave situations I can tell you that when all else is boiled down to what matters and what doesn't, people tell me that WHY they're even here is a main concern they think about. And if they can't' come up with a good reason, everything from aggressive behaviors to suicides are a concern for us in compassion care as it's now known.
People don't care about the HOW they got here when a mother of toddlers is told her cancer is spreading or when a dad is shot in a deal gone bad, or 1000 others scenarios.
They tend to think only about the WHY.

Isn't that interesting and I learn MUCH from those on death's doorstep. I listen more than I speak. My role isn't to save, heal, fix, or rescue anyone in pastoral ministry so I play the role of Job's friends in the first chapters of that Book, and sit with people in support.

From the Christian theology perspective there is a Hope interwoven in the "why?" The Hope of today and the Hope of tomorrow.
For the atheist, without a "why" we're all here, there is a lack of a vital component that feeds us emotionally, relationally and even spiritually.
We are no longer a Christian nation at our core and if we look around, we see what that means in the statistics we're experiencing in categories of drug use, medical diagnoses, and suicide rates that are ever increasing.

Hug your kids and grandkids y'all and tell them precisely "why" they're here.
Not as some ape descendent headed to a better/progressive version of human someday in the future...
but rather fearlessly and wondrously made by God whose known them from before they even were.

Blessings,
Mark

Re: Dinosaur [Re: nate] #7657849
08/25/22 01:36 PM
08/25/22 01:36 PM
pa
H
hippie Offline
trapper
hippie  Offline
trapper
H

pa
Alot of good ideas and excuses on this thread, but in the end, its hard to ignore there were dinosaurs and it was longer ago than we want to believe....imo of course.

Re: Dinosaur [Re: Swamp Wolf] #7657865
08/25/22 02:08 PM
08/25/22 02:08 PM
Minnesota
330-Trapper Offline

trapper
330-Trapper  Offline

trapper

Minnesota
Originally Posted by Swamp Wolf
Originally Posted by nate
One of science biggest lie's to discredit creation.

Lol

So, all those bones are fake? Ahh, you're just trying to start a long thread...

Hahaha well, it worked.

NRA and NTA Life Member
www.BackroadsRevised@etsy.com

Re: Dinosaur [Re: nate] #7657867
08/25/22 02:12 PM
08/25/22 02:12 PM
pa
H
hippie Offline
trapper
hippie  Offline
trapper
H

pa
LOL, anything Bible related goes good because even the Bible scholars can't agree on what it means!

Re: Dinosaur [Re: nate] #7657957
08/25/22 04:05 PM
08/25/22 04:05 PM
Indiana
P
Providence Farm Offline
trapper
Providence Farm  Offline
trapper
P

Indiana
I have not read all the post since it opened on the last page but I get the general direction this is going. Science says the earth is 300million years old. The Bible around 6000. Just look at the fossils.

Carbon dating is only good for about 2500 years from what I have read. After that they said ther is not enough left to get accurate readings.

When Mount St Helens exploded the results were tons of rocking flooding and movement around. We have no discrepancies on the exact date on when that occurred 20 or 30 years later some fossils were sent in to be dated and they came back 25 million years old. Shoots a hole right through their science and dating.

The creation museum has some very good displays that answer these questions.

Last edited by Providence Farm; 08/25/22 05:05 PM.
Re: Dinosaur [Re: wildlifeartist1] #7657961
08/25/22 04:12 PM
08/25/22 04:12 PM
Central montana
.204 Offline
trapper
.204  Offline
trapper

Central montana
Originally Posted by wildlifeartist1
first off let me apologize for coming across so negative toward the bible and christianity
in general that is not and wasn't my intent
I'm a overly happy and optimistic person at hand 43 years of marriage and 5 children make me that way
i was a christian for 30 years and have studied the bible intently still ongoing for the past 10 years
trying to find out pors/cons
doing so i have come away with many... things i couldn't reconcile to numerous to go in here but eye opening nonetheless
that is why i feel the bible is a book of ancient myths and story's gathered from other cultures brought together to try to make sense and structure
in the lives of the israelites

staying with the bible and a trapping theme
who's the best trapper in the bible ... samson he caught 300 foxes alive tied their tails together with torches lit them on fire and let them run through his neighbors grain fields orchards and vineyards
seem believable?
I'm sure he had all the cages food and water all set up before going after them

When you say you were a Christian, what does that mean. I mean what, In your mind defines a Christian? And when you say you have studied intently for 10 years, under who's tutelage, what types of learning materials. I am just trying to get a feel for where you are coming from. There was a guy on here a few years ago and he only quoted very liberal theologians. It is like looking at the constitution 200 years ago from our time. You will get a very different viewpoint from a liberal vs conservative. So who did you sit under?

And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgement!
Re: Dinosaur [Re: D.T.] #7658054
08/25/22 05:26 PM
08/25/22 05:26 PM
Central Texas
C
Chancey Offline
trapper
Chancey  Offline
trapper
C

Central Texas
Originally Posted by D.T.
Its a good talk that challenged my past beliefs. I still believe in dinosaurs. Ive found a few fossils and seen other big bones found in my state, but its hard to think of something natural not being the way you assumed it was your whole life. Honestly, it made me feel of earth as an experiment if you remove evolution.

The argument then stays the same. You can't generate life from non-life. So did god just play dinosaur for millions of years before he decided to play human? I mean no offense, just adding to good conversation.

Excellent video you posted D.T. Thank you for sharing. I first heard of two of those guys in Ben Stein's movie called Expelled: No Intelligence Allowed. Its a good watch as well.

My personal belief is that God did not create dinosaurs, but they were here on earth during the days of Noah. Not only was sin awful during that time, but ALL flesh had been corrupted. If one puts value into the Dead Sea Scrolls, many of the fragments support this viewpoint. Very controversial topic however; too hard to swallow.

Resident Conspiracy Theorist
Accused Moron, Nazi, Low IQ, and Putin Fan Boy
Re: Dinosaur [Re: nate] #7658059
08/25/22 05:33 PM
08/25/22 05:33 PM
Indiana
P
Providence Farm Offline
trapper
Providence Farm  Offline
trapper
P

Indiana
Originally Posted by nate
Originally Posted by Bogmaster
Last period of the dinosaurs was the period-ending around 70 million years ago--long before man.
I have bone chips from the triceratops that is in the mn. science museum.Given to me by the paleontologist 57 years ago,when I interviewed him for a mschool project I was doing.
This was the period in which the T Rex was the big shooter.
Tom

Glenn RoseTexas and dinosaur state park, dinosaur tracks and human tracks are fossilized in the same fossils which would have happened in a very short period of time as in weeks.

Marco polo clearly describes dinosaurs and how the locals where he was learned to kill them by putting sharp stick in the ground by the water where they slid on their bellies to drink impelling themselves on their soft belly on the stakes.

Re: Dinosaur [Re: nate] #7658131
08/25/22 07:14 PM
08/25/22 07:14 PM
KY.usa
rex123 Offline
trapper
rex123  Offline
trapper

KY.usa
Marco polo also describes a tribe of men with faces and features like dogs, another tribe with tails like palms, and certain historical facts that happened before he was there or after. But because of peoples bias on subjects on both sides of any question people will belief what fits their version of the facts.

Re: Dinosaur [Re: nate] #7658145
08/25/22 07:44 PM
08/25/22 07:44 PM
Maine, Aroostook
Posco Online content
trapper
Posco  Online Content
trapper

Maine, Aroostook
jwill asked a very pertinent question I'd be interested in seeing an answer (or many) to. Mark June mentioned the word "Christian" is mentioned just three times in the NT and as a term of derision. Mark liked using "disciple" in its place. There were disciples who turned and went back proving they were never regenerate.

Saint is used many times in the NT and never refers to the unregenerate. What separates the wheat from the tares while they're alive here on earth?

Re: Dinosaur [Re: Providence Farm] #7658269
08/25/22 10:38 PM
08/25/22 10:38 PM
W
waggler Offline
trapper
waggler  Offline
trapper
W

Originally Posted by Providence Farm
I have not read all the post since it opened on the last page but I get the general direction this is going. Science says the earth is 300million years old. The Bible around 6000. Just look at the fossils.

Carbon dating is only good for about 2500 years from what I have read. After that they said ther is not enough left to get accurate readings.

When Mount St Helens exploded the results were tons of rocking flooding and movement around. We have no discrepancies on the exact date on when that occurred 20 or 30 years later some fossils were sent in to be dated and they came back 25 million years old. Shoots a hole right through their science and dating.

Source please.

"My life is better than your vacation"
Re: Dinosaur [Re: Posco] #7658288
08/25/22 11:04 PM
08/25/22 11:04 PM
Central Texas
C
Chancey Offline
trapper
Chancey  Offline
trapper
C

Central Texas
Originally Posted by Posco
jwill asked a very pertinent question I'd be interested in seeing an answer (or many) to. Mark June mentioned the word "Christian" is mentioned just three times in the NT and as a term of derision. Mark liked using "disciple" in its place. There were disciples who turned and went back proving they were never regenerate.

Saint is used many times in the NT and never refers to the unregenerate. What separates the wheat from the tares while they're alive here on earth?

I will answer to the best of knowledge in respect to my walk Posco.

I don't like the word Christian. I think it just brings more division as its purpose in the first place by agnostics, theologians, and mainstream woke preachers. IMO Jesus Christ was the most anti-religious person to ever walk the face of the earth. He denounced all the mainstream believers of His time and also let us non-stream believers have it too.

Jesus Christ did NOT come down here to form some sort of religion known as Christianity; but rather He came to save mankind from their sins so that they will have eternal life with Him. It was never about religion when Jesus spoke, but rather right and wrong in light of the Creator's vision and grace to help us in the predicament that we are all in. Everyone one of us are sinners and the wages of sin is death.

Since we are all sinners, we are dead unless we are are covered and forgiven. Jesus Christ, pure of heart and the only innocent human ever to walk the earth, fit the bill. Yes, I believe He was both human and a God at the same time. The shedding of His innocent blood on the cross covered every man, woman, and child that has faith in HIM as the redeemer.

Jesus Christ is our Passover, He IS the voice in the burning Bush, and He was at the battle of Jericho, and He will reign again on this earth in Jerusalem.

Re: Dinosaur [Re: nate] #7658298
08/25/22 11:39 PM
08/25/22 11:39 PM
Central Texas
C
Chancey Offline
trapper
Chancey  Offline
trapper
C

Central Texas
To get back on topic of the original post.....

Take a look with a magnifying glass or hand lens of the details of a lizard when you catch it; especially a horned lizard or if in Australia, a thorny devil. Look at the scale placement, the scales around their eyes, and especially their teeth! Teeth say a lot. It is identical to many of the specimens shown on a large scale at the Smithsonian and other natural history museums. There are outliers though, Trex etc., where hybridization across species can result in abhorrent things. All biologists know that cross species can result in gigantism.........give you Tigon, Ligers, etc. Why would crossing species across genera be any differnet?

The replications and fossils we have to go on about dinosaurs are nothing more than bigger and more prominent forms of many of the reptiles we see today. Thank God, they are not big these days though, or we would all be in a mess! Furthermore, none of the genetics, fossil records, are anything suggest a timely ordinance of primitive to more advanced life; but rather everything they look at was all screwed up. There were mammal like dinosaurs, reptile like birds, etc. Science to this day cannot explain away the fact that mammals (supposedly came after dinos) seem to be very apparent in the geologic timeframe. Synapsids I think they call them.

There is much more to this story than mainstream academia suggests. We as a society need to continue prodding.

Re: Dinosaur [Re: waggler] #7658309
08/26/22 12:00 AM
08/26/22 12:00 AM
Indiana
P
Providence Farm Offline
trapper
Providence Farm  Offline
trapper
P

Indiana
Originally Posted by Providence Farm

Source please.

It was all listed on a display and video at the creation museum. It's been a few years so I don't rember them

Re: Dinosaur [Re: nate] #7658315
08/26/22 12:08 AM
08/26/22 12:08 AM
Central Texas
C
Chancey Offline
trapper
Chancey  Offline
trapper
C

Central Texas
mainstream science has no appetite for upsetting the current dogma?

Page 7 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread