No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Chinese language and Scripture #7662459
09/01/22 06:38 AM
09/01/22 06:38 AM

M
Mark June OP
Unregistered
Mark June OP
Unregistered
M

I enjoy history. Always have.
Mostly American Frontier and Ancient History.
It's rather interesting to ponder the life of those who made projectiles we find as we trap different areas and realize >>>>> we don't have life anywhere near as harsh as those who long ago camped on a hill top to keep a sharp eye out for "trouble."
Or to ponder the history of humanity that brought us to the blessings of life in our time in this land of the Americas.

I find the debate on whether or not the ancient Chinese language, the oldest language in human history at ~ 6,000 years old, refers to the writings of God's 1st prophet Moses in the first chapters of Genesis fascinating also. The Chinese language pictographs are straight forward and seem rather clear that those who developed the language to begin with had intimate knowledge of Genesis but scholars are divided on this of course with atheists considering that thesis hogwash and conservative theologians accepting it as valid.

For instance, the Chinese language pictographs contain words like;
Garden which seems to refer to Eden.
[Linked Image]

Create which seems to refer to a Creator from Scripture
[Linked Image]

Flood which seems to point to the entire earth being involved
[Linked Image]

Boat which seems to refer to the eight aboard Noah's Ark
[Linked Image]

Covet (which is sin) seems to refer to the Fall of man
[Linked Image]

Righteousness seems to refer to refer to a people covered by the blood
[Linked Image]

History is fascinating and we should not ignore it because those who went before us were not less than us, as modern humanists claim.
Rather, they were just like us >>>> that ancient sitting while tooling keeping on eye out
or the Asian trying to precisely express the first human language in written form.

I enjoy history.

Blessings,
Mark

Re: Chinese language and Scripture [Re: ] #7662906
09/01/22 06:30 PM
09/01/22 06:30 PM
Greene County,Virginia
R
run Offline
trapper
run  Offline
trapper
R

Greene County,Virginia
I enjoy learning about China too, Mark. Thank you for sharing.

wanna be goat farmer.
Re: Chinese language and Scripture [Re: ] #7662973
09/01/22 07:46 PM
09/01/22 07:46 PM
Northern lower Michigan
Feedinggrounds Offline
trapper
Feedinggrounds  Offline
trapper

Northern lower Michigan
Yes, I found it interesting also.

you're only allowed so many sunrises... I aim to see every one of them!
Re: Chinese language and Scripture [Re: ] #7663059
09/01/22 09:55 PM
09/01/22 09:55 PM

M
Mark June OP
Unregistered
Mark June OP
Unregistered
M

History is fascinating is it not.
We'd be a wiser people if we knew more of where we have come from rather than discounting it as humanists mandate.

Blessings,
Mark

Re: Chinese language and Scripture [Re: ] #7663070
09/01/22 10:13 PM
09/01/22 10:13 PM
South Ga - Almost Florida
S
Swamp Wolf Offline
trapper
Swamp Wolf  Offline
trapper
S

South Ga - Almost Florida
That's interesting. And seems clear to me.

Thank God For Your Blessings!
Never Half-Arse Anything!

Resource Protection Service

Re: Chinese language and Scripture [Re: ] #7663075
09/01/22 10:24 PM
09/01/22 10:24 PM
minnesota
M
mnsota Offline
trapper
mnsota  Offline
trapper
M

minnesota
We escaped through the Caucasus mountains.,..we gathered in a new Jerusalem,..a land of milk and honey,..a destiny foretold?
We built that up,..it's destiny foretold we would enumerate,..that has happened.What response would should we be aware in the sense that we would fray from that commitment.

Re: Chinese language and Scripture [Re: ] #7663139
09/02/22 02:58 AM
09/02/22 02:58 AM
Champaign County, Ohio.
K
KeithC Offline
trapper
KeithC  Offline
trapper
K

Champaign County, Ohio.
Mark, the Hebrews borrowed and interpreted the first that part of Genesis from people who lived on the Central Asian Steppes.

https://www.haaretz.com/jewish/2015...rom/0000017f-e5be-d97e-a37f-f7ffcefd0000

The Chinese wrote their pictographs based on information from their contact with the people from the Central Asian Steppes.

Most of our religious beliefs were passed down from those people from the steppes as they spread out in waves of migration populating the Western part of Asia, the Middle East, Europe and now North America and Australia. There may be no truly new ideas from the Jews in the Old Testament at all.

Keith

Re: Chinese language and Scripture [Re: ] #7663160
09/02/22 06:10 AM
09/02/22 06:10 AM
perry co.Pa
wetdog Offline
trapper
wetdog  Offline
trapper

perry co.Pa
Why do Chinese deities have Blue eyes and Blonde hair?
And why did they use the swatica as a religious symbol?
And everything written in the Holy Bible is the 3rd or 4th telling of those epic tails
Just a small number of the questions I have when I study the past.

Re: Chinese language and Scripture [Re: KeithC] #7663208
09/02/22 07:42 AM
09/02/22 07:42 AM

M
Mark June OP
Unregistered
Mark June OP
Unregistered
M

Originally Posted by KeithC
Mark, the Hebrews borrowed and interpreted the first that part of Genesis from people who lived on the Central Asian Steppes.

https://www.haaretz.com/jewish/2015...rom/0000017f-e5be-d97e-a37f-f7ffcefd0000

The Chinese wrote their pictographs based on information from their contact with the people from the Central Asian Steppes.

Most of our religious beliefs were passed down from those people from the steppes as they spread out in waves of migration populating the Western part of Asia, the Middle East, Europe and now North America and Australia. There may be no truly new ideas from the Jews in the Old Testament at all.

Keith

As a theologian whose studied ancient history (and still do) I don't agree with modern scholars arguing that Hebrew Scripture copies Meso and other prior creation myths and so is just another in a long line of mythical narratives. I am in the camp of those who believe it is the other way around. The ancients knew the story of Genesis, the Garden, the Flood and all that Moses would write down later, because they ALL were descendants of those who walked from the Garden towards the East.
You see, I'm not a Baal worshipper, although as a Gentile, I should be.
And I too am a descendent of those who walked out of fellowship with God towards the east.

But, there was one event in history - ONE - that sifted through all the human efforts to discount, discredit, fool, and despise what is Truth.
It's called the Resurrection of the Son of God.
Who said Himself that He came not to destroy Rome and the pagans at that time, but to fulfill the Law (God's instruction to keep people from killing themselves off) and the SCRIPTURES.
And the Scriptures that the only person to rise from the grave after being dead was not the Baal, Meso, Egyptian, or any other writings.
It was the writings of the Hebrews, inspired by God to write them as they did.

So now we have them, and we can choose to believe or not.
Praise God for the ability to be able to have a human will which we see is most often bent on itself.
And who would send their Son to die for people who hate Him anyway?
A God who is compassionate, gracious, slow to anger, abounding in lovingkindness and truth (Exodus 34:6-7) which has never been written in ANY ancient mythology.
Thanks be to God through His chosen Moses for that help.
Now we know.

Blessings!
Mark

Re: Chinese language and Scripture [Re: ] #7663215
09/02/22 07:58 AM
09/02/22 07:58 AM
Philippines, s.e. asia,ohio
west river rogue Offline
trapper
west river rogue  Offline
trapper

Philippines, s.e. asia,ohio
Whew,,whew,whew,,right over top of my head there folks!!!! grin
So I guess ill just go use the girls bathroom and keep the fed money flowin!!!

Re: Chinese language and Scripture [Re: west river rogue] #7663225
09/02/22 08:10 AM
09/02/22 08:10 AM
Greene County,Virginia
R
run Offline
trapper
run  Offline
trapper
R

Greene County,Virginia
Originally Posted by west river rogue
Whew,,whew,whew,,right over top of my head there folks!!!! grin
So I guess ill just go use the girls bathroom and keep the fed money flowin!!!

Me too.

wanna be goat farmer.
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread