No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Thives #7670160
09/12/22 09:00 PM
09/12/22 09:00 PM
Ontario, Canada
S
sweetwilliam Offline OP
trapper
sweetwilliam  Offline OP
trapper
S

Ontario, Canada
Wife caught a thief last night. Going through the car about 3am young girl about 17 she was set to give her a good tuning but the girl stayed put when she told her to. Long story short we were able to get our things and other people's stuff they had to someone got lucky as they had all their ID and banking cards. And a set of car keys hoo leaves that stuff in the car. Police new her and her boyfriend well lol..

Re: Thives [Re: sweetwilliam] #7670174
09/12/22 09:11 PM
09/12/22 09:11 PM
Green County Wisconsin
G
GREENCOUNTYPETE Offline
trapper
GREENCOUNTYPETE  Offline
trapper
G

Green County Wisconsin
you would be amazed the number of people who leave their purse , wallet , gas card , bank card, prescriptions.

they know they will be leaving home with their car any time they go any where , they think it is safe where they live.
leaving it in the console they don't clutter up the kitchen counter

America only has one issue, we have a Responsibility crisis and everything else stems from it.
Re: Thives [Re: sweetwilliam] #7670179
09/12/22 09:15 PM
09/12/22 09:15 PM
SW Georgia
W
Wanna Be Offline
trapper
Wanna Be  Offline
trapper
W

SW Georgia
Need to start cleaning your weapons outside for all to see. Seems to be a deterrent. I guess a sign stating cameras are in use helps as well, lol. Too many for anyone to think they could cover them without being seen, plus they record.

Re: Thives [Re: sweetwilliam] #7670183
09/12/22 09:17 PM
09/12/22 09:17 PM
Ontario, Canada
S
sweetwilliam Offline OP
trapper
sweetwilliam  Offline OP
trapper
S

Ontario, Canada
Our fault the car was unlocked we were cleaning it yesterday and she didn't lock it when done. I lock my truck at work and most of the time I'm not going to see anyone I'm so far out in the bush. Habits are good to have.

Re: Thives [Re: sweetwilliam] #7670192
09/12/22 09:23 PM
09/12/22 09:23 PM
Ontario, Canada
S
sweetwilliam Offline OP
trapper
sweetwilliam  Offline OP
trapper
S

Ontario, Canada
These are dope heads don't care if you have a camera cop said. The new policy since covid is catch and release. Drives me nuts aresst charge them and send them out to do it all over again. Sad times we are living in.

Re: Thives [Re: sweetwilliam] #7670200
09/12/22 09:31 PM
09/12/22 09:31 PM
Over there.
F
Flicker Shad Offline
trapper
Flicker Shad  Offline
trapper
F

Over there.
Originally Posted by sweetwilliam
Our fault the car was unlocked we were cleaning it yesterday and she didn't lock it when done. I lock my truck at work and most of the time I'm not going to see anyone I'm so far out in the bush. Habits are good to have.

Bs. It's not your fault. It's the criminals fault. The person you caught deserved a beat down before being released. Hard lessons are better teachers

Re: Thives [Re: sweetwilliam] #7670205
09/12/22 09:36 PM
09/12/22 09:36 PM
SW Georgia
W
Wanna Be Offline
trapper
Wanna Be  Offline
trapper
W

SW Georgia
Hogs man, hogs. The only thing they’re good for.

Re: Thives [Re: sweetwilliam] #7670227
09/12/22 10:05 PM
09/12/22 10:05 PM
Indiana
P
Providence Farm Offline
trapper
Providence Farm  Offline
trapper
P

Indiana

They really have you conditioned up there don't they, WOW!! Sure it's your fault someone broke into your car because it was un locked. Everyone knows if it's un loked it's OK to take what you want. After all if the owners wanted it they would have locked the car.

All a locked door will do is get your windows broken along with getting your stuff stolen if they want what you have.

Funny I don't often lock my house and I left my keys in my ignition for years. Never had a problem except once my gas tank was empty after I filled it up. A few weeks later I backed out of the drive and nearly ran a guy walking down the road with a gas cam over. He ran out on the hill below the house. I took a 5gal can and got him going. He said he had no money I told him it's OK no worries then he offered to give me his hand pump siphon. At that point it clicked who stole my gas. I told him a few weeks back someone stole the gas out of my truck and the dog elwas barking I should have let the dog loose. I said next time I will just light them up with this. As I pulled my stainless 7.5" rugger supper red hawk .44 mag out of my shoulder holster and muzzle sweep his head. His eyes buged out and I sent him on his way. Never had another issue.

Point is when If you didn't lock your door at night and you had home invader hold you at gun point while they had their way tith your wife would you blaim yourself becuse you did lock the door?

Locks won't keep anyone out if they want in just slow them down a little.

But sure blaim yourself for a criminals actions the government programing is working very well.

Re: Thives [Re: sweetwilliam] #7670236
09/12/22 10:14 PM
09/12/22 10:14 PM
Ohio
W
Willy Firewood Offline
trapper
Willy Firewood  Offline
trapper
W

Ohio
Be careful - the thief and boyfriend might retaliate.
They know your wife sent them up the river.

Why leave credit cards in the car? It is easier to just leave $5,000 in cash. The thieves need help too!

FRAC LIVES MATTER
Re: Thives [Re: sweetwilliam] #7670248
09/12/22 10:35 PM
09/12/22 10:35 PM
east central WI
K
k snow Offline
trapper
k snow  Offline
trapper
K

east central WI
Is it only catch and release if you're a dope head? Or are you allowed to tune then up with no repercussions?

Re: Thives [Re: sweetwilliam] #7670281
09/12/22 11:13 PM
09/12/22 11:13 PM
St. Louis Co, Mo
B
BigBob Offline
trapper
BigBob  Offline
trapper
B

St. Louis Co, Mo
These are dope heads don't care if you have a camera cop said. The new policy since covid is catch and release. Drives me nuts aresst charge them and send them out to do it all over again. Sad times we are living in.

You're lucky they don't just give them a participation trophy before they're let loose!

Every kid needs a Dog and a Curmudgeon.

Remember Bowe Bergdahl, the traitor.

Beware! Jill Pudlewski, Ron Oates and Keven Begesse are liars and thiefs!
Re: Thives [Re: sweetwilliam] #7670295
09/12/22 11:40 PM
09/12/22 11:40 PM
Louisiana
M
MattLA Offline
trapper
MattLA  Offline
trapper
M

Louisiana
You know, some people dont call the cops in that situation. Like one person on here said a long time ago, the best way to prevent a cat from going into a cage again is to shake the cage with cat in it hard and fast. The cat never wants to experience that again, problem solved.

Re: Thives [Re: MattLA] #7670309
09/13/22 12:18 AM
09/13/22 12:18 AM
Oregon
H
H2ORat Offline
trapper
H2ORat  Offline
trapper
H

Oregon
Originally Posted by Tofan
You know, some people dont call the cops in that situation. Like one person on here said a long time ago, the best way to prevent a cat from going into a cage again is to shake the cage with cat in it hard and fast. The cat never wants to experience that again, problem solved.

No point calling the cops here -- but we don't have much crime in our neighborhood either - not much happens here without one neighbor calling another to see if they are expecting that behavior. We are all good with making unwelcome visitors know that they are unwelcome.

Re: Thives [Re: Flicker Shad] #7670313
09/13/22 12:28 AM
09/13/22 12:28 AM
Central Oregon
AntiGov Offline
trapper
AntiGov  Offline
trapper

Central Oregon
Originally Posted by Flicker Shad

Bs. It's not your fault. It's the criminals fault. The person you caught deserved a beat down before being released. Hard lessons are better teachers

X2

Cop - why does this girl need medical attention ?
You - I don't know , must have fallen down , trying to run away

Report a post club - Non member

Re: Thives [Re: Providence Farm] #7670314
09/13/22 12:29 AM
09/13/22 12:29 AM
Champaign County, Ohio.
K
KeithC Online content
trapper
KeithC  Online Content
trapper
K

Champaign County, Ohio.
Originally Posted by Providence Farm

They really have you conditioned up there don't they, WOW!! Sure it's your fault someone broke into your car because it was un locked. Everyone knows if it's un loked it's OK to take what you want. After all if the owners wanted it they would have locked the car.

All a locked door will do is get your windows broken along with getting your stuff stolen if they want what you have.

Funny I don't often lock my house and I left my keys in my ignition for years. Never had a problem except once my gas tank was empty after I filled it up. A few weeks later I backed out of the drive and nearly ran a guy walking down the road with a gas cam over. He ran out on the hill below the house. I took a 5gal can and got him going. He said he had no money I told him it's OK no worries then he offered to give me his hand pump siphon. At that point it clicked who stole my gas. I told him a few weeks back someone stole the gas out of my truck and the dog elwas barking I should have let the dog loose. I said next time I will just light them up with this. As I pulled my stainless 7.5" rugger supper red hawk .44 mag out of my shoulder holster and muzzle sweep his head. His eyes buged out and I sent him on his way. Never had another issue.

Point is when If you didn't lock your door at night and you had home invader hold you at gun point while they had their way tith your wife would you blaim yourself becuse you did lock the door?

Locks won't keep anyone out if they want in just slow them down a little.

But sure blaim yourself for a criminals actions the government programing is working very well.

My next door neighbor, in Dayton, had a window broken and his stereo stolen 2 times out of his truck. Both times his truck was unlocked. He started leaving his windows down if it wasn't going to rain. Thieves stole his radio once more after that, but at least he didn't have to pay for another window.

Keith

Re: Thives [Re: sweetwilliam] #7670572
09/13/22 11:11 AM
09/13/22 11:11 AM
coastal ny
G
gcs Offline
trapper
gcs  Offline
trapper
G

coastal ny
Half the people here blame the car owner for not locking their cars when it's broken into, pathetic.. Cops don't care either, "well you should have locked it, here's your report" ....IF someone accidentally gets themselves arrested, they're back on the street before the cop finishes his paperwork.
The world has gone crazy....

Re: Thives [Re: sweetwilliam] #7670941
09/13/22 09:27 PM
09/13/22 09:27 PM
Ontario, Canada
S
sweetwilliam Offline OP
trapper
sweetwilliam  Offline OP
trapper
S

Ontario, Canada
To all the replies I have never locked up my vehicle until I moved to the city. I can't stand the place but need to stay there until the wife retire in a few years. If I had it my way I would put all these people in work camps for a year or two

Re: Thives [Re: sweetwilliam] #7670944
09/13/22 09:28 PM
09/13/22 09:28 PM
Ontario, Canada
S
sweetwilliam Offline OP
trapper
sweetwilliam  Offline OP
trapper
S

Ontario, Canada
Time for bed now I will check in around 4am.

Re: Thives [Re: sweetwilliam] #7670982
09/13/22 10:04 PM
09/13/22 10:04 PM
Manitoba
N
Northof50 Offline
trapper
Northof50  Offline
trapper
N

Manitoba
Are the windows in your bedroom left open .....so you can hear the thunk of the spark plug on a string swung against glass.
that porcelain sure does a number on tempered glass

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread