No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 8 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Re: Anti woke culture [Re: hippie] #7671190
09/14/22 09:06 AM
09/14/22 09:06 AM
Minnesota
330-Trapper Offline

trapper
330-Trapper  Offline

trapper

Minnesota
Originally Posted by hippie
Well ya can't knock them on their rear anymore, which is why they're that way to begin with.

True

NRA and NTA Life Member
www.BackroadsRevised@etsy.com

Re: Anti woke culture [Re: Wolfdog91] #7671200
09/14/22 09:22 AM
09/14/22 09:22 AM
Minnesota
330-Trapper Offline

trapper
330-Trapper  Offline

trapper

Minnesota

NRA and NTA Life Member
www.BackroadsRevised@etsy.com

Re: Anti woke culture [Re: VaBeagler] #7671217
09/14/22 10:15 AM
09/14/22 10:15 AM
La Crosse, WI
Macthediver Offline
trapper
Macthediver  Offline
trapper

La Crosse, WI
Originally Posted by VaBeagler
Originally Posted by Wolfdog91
Your not the kinda person I'm talk....... Christ I'm done I'm just done .........

Re-read my post above. It's hard to explain your true feelings on a message board. It's easy to be mis interpreted.
You are good, let's move on.

Yeah Wolfie move on. You belong here as much as anyone else.
I don't like the woke crowd crap. Don't like Trump either. So as a professed moderate. I'm hated and not trusted by either side. Not my problem I go campfire by myself talk to the trees.

There been plenty times I wanted to take my bat and ball and go home. But then where would there ever be someone try to inject moderation into this grumpy old bunch knuckle heads? Got to have a devil's advocate once In a while.

Mac

"Never Forget Which Way Is Up"

Re: Anti woke culture [Re: Wolfdog91] #7671277
09/14/22 12:23 PM
09/14/22 12:23 PM
North East Kansas
Marty Offline
trapper
Marty  Offline
trapper

North East Kansas
wolfie's gone woke? say it ain't so..... smile

E
'Honey Badger Militia'
Sleep, the anti woke adote.
Re: Anti woke culture [Re: Wolfdog91] #7671292
09/14/22 12:59 PM
09/14/22 12:59 PM
Carroll County Va
R
red webb Offline
trapper
red webb  Offline
trapper
R

Carroll County Va
You seen that shirt he had on in his night set up video.

Re: Anti woke culture [Re: 330-Trapper] #7671297
09/14/22 01:19 PM
09/14/22 01:19 PM
Aliceville, Kansas 43
Yukon John Offline
trapper
Yukon John  Offline
trapper

Aliceville, Kansas 43
Originally Posted by 330-Trapper

When did sleepy Joe grow a beard? Lol

Act like a blank, get treated like a blank. Insert your own blank!
Re: Anti woke culture [Re: Yukon John] #7671321
09/14/22 02:09 PM
09/14/22 02:09 PM
Indiana
P
Providence Farm Offline
trapper
Providence Farm  Offline
trapper
P

Indiana
Originally Posted by Yukon John
Originally Posted by 330-Trapper

When did sleepy Joe grow a beard? Lol

Uts his speech writer.

Re: Anti woke culture [Re: Providence Farm] #7671350
09/14/22 03:15 PM
09/14/22 03:15 PM
Eastern W by God V
Crowfoot Online content
trapper
Crowfoot  Online Content
trapper

Eastern W by God V
Originally Posted by Providence Farm

Its his speech writer.

.. also doubles as his voice coach and speech therapist.
Assists the press sec. as well smile

Re: Anti woke culture [Re: Wolfdog91] #7671393
09/14/22 04:30 PM
09/14/22 04:30 PM
KY.usa
rex123 Offline
trapper
rex123  Offline
trapper

KY.usa
Face it folks religion, politics, or conservative and liberal nobody is going to change their minds because everybody is right and everybody is wrong. There is no give or take my way or the highway so before it gets worse how about this post goes to bed and be done. There are a lot of good people on here that are getting a little on the warm side.

Re: Anti woke culture [Re: Wolfdog91] #7671433
09/14/22 05:41 PM
09/14/22 05:41 PM
Eastern W by God V
Crowfoot Online content
trapper
Crowfoot  Online Content
trapper

Eastern W by God V
I sort of agree with that.
You are either :

Woke
Asleep
or
Awakened.

(unless you are a child at a very impressionable age in an indoctrination program)

Hold you ground, steer your youth in the proper direction. They are the future.

Re: Anti woke culture [Re: MattLA] #7671449
09/14/22 06:12 PM
09/14/22 06:12 PM

M
Mark June
Unregistered
Mark June
Unregistered
M

Originally Posted by Tofan

Politics = rule of law in the USA and everywhere else. America wasnt founded in the name of Jesus, quite opposite, religion ruling politics is what made "us" breakaway from England to begin with.

^^^^^ 100% falsehood. You rewriting history as the liberalists do all the time?
The Puritans devotion to the Christian faith is well documented and their social structure was founded entirely upon and around it.
I know of no credible source that says otherwise.

Blessings,
Mark

Re: Anti woke culture [Re: Wolfdog91] #7671462
09/14/22 06:23 PM
09/14/22 06:23 PM

M
Mark June
Unregistered
Mark June
Unregistered
M

jht,
Solid posts but you realize most chose to lean on their own understanding - like the report from the battlefield to king David that Saul had killed himself by leaning on his sword.
1 Samuel 31:4; Then Saul said to his armor bearer, “Draw your sword and pierce me through with it, otherwise these uncircumcised Philistines will come and pierce me through, and abuse me.” But his armor bearer was unwilling, because he was very fearful. So Saul took his sword and fell on it.

Some, as Solomon wrote to his children, will trust in the Lord with all their heart.

Trust >>>> and where we place it, is the key.
Arguing about untrustworthy sources is as old as the dirt (adam in Hebrew)

Blessings!
Mark

Re: Anti woke culture [Re: Wolfdog91] #7671484
09/14/22 06:45 PM
09/14/22 06:45 PM
ohio
Ohio Wolverine Offline
trapper
Ohio Wolverine  Offline
trapper

ohio
Originally Posted by Wolfdog91
Originally Posted by Tofan
@Wolfdog91, Dont give up now, stand up for the point you were trying to make or did make. You can argue the complaint of tactics getting used, but being polite and trying to be political hasnt worked.

I will give you a prime example and ask you a question. This is purely hypothetical, it wont ever happen. Say that there is a business that sells trapping gear and they say that their trapping gear has had the most success by white trappers. Surely somebody is going to complain about that statement, but how should the business respond? Should it respond to the 10 vocal customers, OR should it take the lack of communication from the majority of customers as approval of their statement?

Yeah no , I know how this whole song and dance works. People are gonna take what I'm trying to say and make it ton what they want regardless of what I try and say or explain. I've explained in detail the kind of people I'm talking about but seems everyone wants to put on their shoes and go " hay thats me ! " Even though I doubt their the kind of person I'm talking people either want to over simplify or over complicate what I'm talking about. Really I'm basically only talking about keyboard warriors and people are trying to get me to drop names of folks in Congress and stuff even though that's not what I'm talking about.Regardless of what I say I'm just gonna get dog piled on and badgered into a corner and .I said something bad about conservatives so I must be talking about the whole and I must be SILENCED. Just like if I said something about a certain group of liberals I must be talking about the whole. Some people get me , some people just wanna be victims.That's just how it works now days and honestly it's tiring.

Made a post like three years back when I said people on both sides who don't know jack Diddy about their sides political views but still wanna be in your face trying to convert you are equally annoying. Explained in depth, tried to make it as cut and dry as possible and peoel where still going saying I was a liberal,I hated trump and America so on and so forth. Peoel are gonna make things what they want.

And tofan just to humour you if I was the business I'd just looki at it and say hay what our demographics? O 98% of the trappers using our products are white ? Are all the guys using them highly skilled ? Yes ? Welp.....there ya go.

That's not what I was referring to

Now if that company went and stared trolling the pages of those 10 vocal people like a 12 yr old that would be what I'm talking about.

Sorry , but I can't help to wonder who's words you're copying and pasting.I've read enough of your posts to know that, that's not how you talk or spell.Just be you , not who someone thinks you should be.Everyone likes you here.I read every post you post , you have some interesting ideas.This post makes me wonder. We just are beginning to wonder who is influencing you. I personally don't like Trump as a person , because he's arrogant , and when he was on TV I didn't watch for that reason .When he first announced he was running for president , I was thinking what? Then as he moved through the primaries,started to watch what he had to say.What he did and said was just the opposite of where our country was heading.Remember he was a Democrat and backed Hillary for years.Then my guess is he found out something .He was smart enough to know it would be hard to beat Hillary as a democrat.So it was either as an independent  or get Republican backing.He barely won, but funny how he got 12 million more votes the second time.Now remember how Hillary cheated on debate questions?Remember how she cheated Bernie in the primaries?Sorry , just had to point some facts out.You want to be woke, then wake up to true facts,not what MSM  tells you.Show me one accusation that stuck against Trump !I can show you plenty against any politician in office today and 60 years ago.That's why both parties hate him , he's not one of them.

Last edited by Ohio Wolverine; 09/14/22 06:51 PM.

We have met the enemy and the enemy is us!
Re: Anti woke culture [Re: Wolfdog91] #7671562
09/14/22 08:56 PM
09/14/22 08:56 PM
williamsburg ks
D
danny clifton Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
danny clifton  Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
D

williamsburg ks
I am not sure how the cultists known as Puritans, the folks who liked to torture people who were accused of witchcraft, got brought into the topic of "woke" verses "not woke", but somehow it seems to be the soup de jour anymore.

Those who would give up essential liberty, to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)
Re: Anti woke culture [Re: danny clifton] #7671577
09/14/22 09:23 PM
09/14/22 09:23 PM

M
Mark June
Unregistered
Mark June
Unregistered
M

Originally Posted by danny clifton
I am not sure how the cultists known as Puritans, the folks who liked to torture people who were accused of witchcraft, got brought into the topic of "woke" verses "not woke", but somehow it seems to be the soup de jour anymore.

I was answering the inaccurate knowledge that Tofan submitted and I can do the same for you danny. All of human history has had examples of human mistakes and we are lax when we use myopic glasses to peer into a vast subject and "pluck" a sinful human endeavor and then paint all of that tradition with the same brush strokes. Example: Person kills a dog in a 220 coni and ALL trappers are labeled as murderous killers who don't respect animals. Too big a canvas and an ignorant brush to make that assessment, right? Yet, you often do the same when it comes to other topics, notably followers of Christ.
The Puritans were key to the development of the fabric of this nation and that fact is well grounded in theology, philosophy, anthropology, and more.

Jonathan Edwards, arguably the most gifted theologian and philosopher in American history, who lived in the 1st half of the 1700 was a MAJOR influence for America's Founding Fathers! Edwards writings and sermons are still revered. He is the Father of the "Great Awakening" in America, which was a Reformed British American Puritanism, which came some decades after the one year Salem trials.

I'm reading passages from Edward's book, The Religious Affections, for an upcoming sermon message I'll be preaching to our church. Pastors today routinely refer to his exceptional writings from 300 years ago, just as many of the statesmen certainly did who lived during his time.

Helping you with historical facts for proper context.
Blessings,
Mark

Re: Anti woke culture [Re: Wolfdog91] #7671584
09/14/22 09:30 PM
09/14/22 09:30 PM
minnesota
M
mnsota Offline
trapper
mnsota  Offline
trapper
M

minnesota
If you believe in something,.support it.
If you disagree with something oppose it.

Re: Anti woke culture [Re: Wolfdog91] #7671594
09/14/22 09:40 PM
09/14/22 09:40 PM
williamsburg ks
D
danny clifton Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
danny clifton  Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
D

williamsburg ks
I am not 100% sure what woke is. I know I want to be left alone. I dont tell others how to live and won't let them tell me. I can abide most anything from others except theft assault and telling me how to live. I wont disarm, I wont quit killing animals, I wont ask permission to use my property. I liked this song the first time I heard it. Kinda adopted it as my anthem

Those who would give up essential liberty, to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)
Re: Anti woke culture [Re: ] #7671598
09/14/22 09:42 PM
09/14/22 09:42 PM
Louisiana
M
MattLA Offline
trapper
MattLA  Offline
trapper
M

Louisiana
Originally Posted by Mark June
Originally Posted by danny clifton

I was answering the inaccurate knowledge that Tofan submitted and I can do the same for you danny. All of human history has had examples of human mistakes and we are lax when we use myopic glasses to peer into a vast subject and "pluck" a sinful human endeavor and then paint all of that tradition with the same brush strokes. Example: Person kills a dog in a 220 coni and ALL trappers are labeled as murderous killers who don't respect animals. Too big a canvas and an ignorant brush to make that assessment, right? Yet, you often do the same when it comes to other topics, notably followers of Christ.
The Puritans were key to the development of the fabric of this nation and that fact is well grounded in theology, philosophy, anthropology, and more.

Jonathan Edwards, arguably the most gifted theologian and philosopher in American history, who lived in the 1st half of the 1700 was a MAJOR influence for America's Founding Fathers! Edwards writings and sermons are still revered. He is the Father of the "Great Awakening" in America, which was a Reformed British American Puritanism, which came some decades after the one year Salem trials.

I'm reading passages from Edward's book, The Religious Affections, for an upcoming sermon message I'll be preaching to our church. Pastors today routinely refer to his exceptional writings from 300 years ago, just as many of the statesmen certainly did who lived during his time.

Helping you with historical facts for proper context.
Blessings,
Mark

Mark,

There is a reason that Jefferson refers to the 1st amendment as a wall of separation of church and state. If the USA was founded and the law of the land had religious principals intertwined, it would have been the same oppression of individual liberties that happened in England. The Puritans wanted religious freedom to practice their religion without being encumbered to support somebody elses. In saying that I am not demonizing, or criticizing any religion, I support your freedom to practice whatever religion you see fit.

Re: Anti woke culture [Re: Wolfdog91] #7671606
09/14/22 09:55 PM
09/14/22 09:55 PM

M
Mark June
Unregistered
Mark June
Unregistered
M

Nope, the Puritans wanted.... as about 98% of the Tman'ers comment all day, every day on here - to be FREE FROM the state.
Read the comments on other threads on this site and you'll see comment after comment for the gubmint to "LEAVE ME ALONE."
Same philosophy.
Then: to be free of George III
Now: JB.
Just click 300 years on the date clock is all.
Same desires of the people.

And just where do individual liberties emanate from?
God
or men?
The JackBoots said the Empire of Great Britain mostly and the Puritans and others who forged this nation said, nope, think higher. As in HIGHER.

It's a deep philosophical question and praise be to God that our founding founders were heavily influenced during their time in the 1700's by great theologians like Jonathan Edwards, who died of a smallpox injection in his mid-50's just as he began to lead Yale. His ministry efforts would be harpooned by the immoralists in America today because self-rightessness despises the teaching of the only Righteous One.

But that's ok. In Him was life and the life was the Light of men and women.

Blessings,
Mark

Re: Anti woke culture [Re: Wolfdog91] #7671634
09/14/22 10:45 PM
09/14/22 10:45 PM
minnesota
M
mnsota Offline
trapper
mnsota  Offline
trapper
M

minnesota
You want freedom Danny,..most citizens of this great nation request the same,..I do

Page 8 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread