No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Re: Christianity Rapidly Dying Out in US [Re: Fisher Man] #7673038
09/16/22 10:18 PM
09/16/22 10:18 PM
Armpit, ak
D
Dirt Online content
trapper
Dirt  Online Content
trapper
D

Armpit, ak
Originally Posted by Fisher Man
You Mark are exactly what I'm talking about. Your posts turn me off!

There won't be so much" in your face" preaching in 2045. Hopefully, you live long enough to enjoy it. smile

Last edited by Dirt; 09/16/22 10:20 PM.

Who is John Galt?
Re: Christianity Rapidly Dying Out in US [Re: KeithC] #7673048
09/16/22 10:36 PM
09/16/22 10:36 PM
Ohio
W
Willy Firewood Offline
trapper
Willy Firewood  Offline
trapper
W

Ohio
It is dying out because we as Christians are dying out.
Young people are believers in the church of the trendy nonsense.
Yes, I am generalizing based upon my actual experiences.

FRAC LIVES MATTER
Re: Christianity Rapidly Dying Out in US [Re: KeithC] #7673064
09/16/22 10:58 PM
09/16/22 10:58 PM
Northern Nevada
B
Bob Offline
trapper
Bob  Offline
trapper
B

Northern Nevada
I was raised Catholic. We went to church several times a week, to this day I could probably recite Latin mass from memory if I tried. I’ve not been to church in quite a few years. It’s not that I don’t believe. I have many reasons for not going, one of which being I hate socializing. I also can’t stand the hypocrisy of the church. The Catholic Church, and really all major sects of Christianity at one point or another, have done atrocious things “in the name of God” and I just can’t sit there and be preached at about sin by someone who would associate themselves such hypocrisy. Not just talking about the crusades here, either. There have been many incidents in my lifetime that put a bad taste in my mouth for organized religion.

I also have trouble with the fact that according to Christianity, God has certain rules for man that just don’t seem to make sense. They only really make sense if man made those rules and then said they were Gods rules to frighten people into following them.

"I have two guns, one for each of ya."
Re: Christianity Rapidly Dying Out in US [Re: KeithC] #7673071
09/16/22 11:04 PM
09/16/22 11:04 PM
Central, SD
Law Dog Offline
trapper
Law Dog  Offline
trapper

Central, SD
Don’t harm others, don’t let others harm you and try to be a better person everyday.

Was born in a Big City Will die in the Country OK with that!

Jerry Herbst
Re: Christianity Rapidly Dying Out in US [Re: KeithC] #7673074
09/16/22 11:06 PM
09/16/22 11:06 PM
Alaska and Washington State
W
waggler Offline
trapper
waggler  Offline
trapper
W

Alaska and Washington State
I sort of doubt that there are less (percentage wise) true believers than there have been in the past; in fact it wouldn't surprise me if the number is actually up.

What I don't doubt is that there are many fewer "cultural Christians" that there were in the past. But that number is pretty much meaningless anyway.

These polls and studies are pretty much worthless.

"Not everyone who says to me, Lord, Lord will enter the Kingdom of heaven, but only the those who actually do the will of my Father in heaven will enter".
"Enter by the narrow gate, for wide is the path that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. But small is the gate and narrow is the path that leads to eternal life, and only a few find it".
Quotes by Jesus

"My life is better than your vacation"
Re: Christianity Rapidly Dying Out in US [Re: KeithC] #7673085
09/16/22 11:20 PM
09/16/22 11:20 PM
montana
R
red mt Offline
trapper
red mt  Offline
trapper
R

montana
We are all hypocrite's believe or not ,,,because no one is good no not even one.
Not harming one a other is that by word or by deed????
The better person thing is great but is humanism in approach or is it approval we seek ????
Or is it love our neighbor ????BUT in order to do that in it's fullest not that any do that very well without some kind of benefits,,,,, I would say love GOD first and his rightousness then we have a chance ,,, a chance

Kenneth schoening
Re: Christianity Rapidly Dying Out in US [Re: charles] #7673088
09/16/22 11:22 PM
09/16/22 11:22 PM
Oakland, MS
yotetrapper30 Offline
trapper
yotetrapper30  Offline
trapper

Oakland, MS
Originally Posted by charles

Politics is also dividing us as a people, in so many ways. Hatred is everywhere you look.

I think that depends on where you look. It's exceedingly prevalent online, and on the news. But I've found the opposite to be true in real life. I work in a store with quite a few employees, but my team consists of only about 10. There are lesbians, California democrats, blacks and I believe a closeted gay man on my team along with several die hard conservatives ... but we all get along great. You know why? Because none of us shove our beliefs down each others throats. Does it come into conversation now and then? Of course. Otherwise I wouldn't even know who is who. But we don't try to change each others beliefs because what would be the point? One of my favorite coworkers is a lesbian. I'm pretty sure she knows I think she's going to hades, but I never told her so, and she never asked. If she did, I would tell her so... as I did another lesbian I was friends with years ago. Surprisingly, after I told that one my thoughts when she asked, we remained friends and a year later she turned straight, got married, and had kids. So much for it not being a choice, huh?

~~Proud Ultra MAGA~~
Re: Christianity Rapidly Dying Out in US [Re: KeithC] #7673092
09/16/22 11:26 PM
09/16/22 11:26 PM
North East Kansas
Marty Offline
trapper
Marty  Offline
trapper

North East Kansas
All it is gonna take is one major event and things will turn upside down. We are at the precipice....that is just the way it is. Evaluate things and be honest with yourself about the way it is...The hate is deep.

E
'Honey Badger Militia'
Sleep, the anti woke adote.
Re: Christianity Rapidly Dying Out in US [Re: KeithC] #7673206
09/17/22 07:42 AM
09/17/22 07:42 AM

M
Mark June
Unregistered
Mark June
Unregistered
M

Western civilizations, from Europe to the Americas is said to have been changing since the Renaissance of few centuries ago, to the Enlightenment period of a couple centuries ago, to the modern era as anthropologists and philosophers and historians label it.... to our current post-modern era.

Why do the scientists and scholars draw demarkation lines during these blocks of time?
Largely on the basis of the human philosophies during these eras.... not on the advances of human endeavors during the same time.

The most drastic change in human philosophy of this more than 500 years is that theology (the study of God) has been replaced as the over arching category, under which all other categories fall by anthropology (the study of man and woman). Humanism has emerged, grown in dominance, and has eclipsed theism in all the Western nations, including ours.

So;
instead of asking "Where is God in all this?"
we as a Western people ask, "What am I in all this?"
instead of asking "What would a Righteous God's Will be in this?"
we say, "What do I think about all this?"
instead of humbling ourselves to the point of repentance when our God given conscience convicts us to do so,
we say, "Ain't nobody gonna tell me what to do, especially you Bible thumpers who are relics from a time that is obsolete in my worldview."
instead of seeking to love others because a compassionate, gracious, loving God first loved us,
we say, "Screw my neighbor who doesn't look like me, think like me, and act like me.
And screw anyone who tells me to love others like a clergy or their God."

So we Westerners live during a time when humans have declared that they are the gods in the room and all that goes along with that false philosophy.
Is it any wonder that so many people take drugs to cope, seek medical reasons for their misery, abuse those around them because their junk in the trunk steers their car, scream leave me alone, or get outta bed one day and decide how to leave this world forever.

I'll tell y'all something in earnest because we're all trapping brothers and sisters.
Whether you realize it or not, the compassion givers who bless us with their efforts are getting tired. It's getting to be too much. All the humanism turning to prideful hatred.
The philosophy of the Western people is inundating the doctors, the nurses, the EMTs, the firefighters, the therapists, the counselors, the teachers, the clergy and all the compassion givers in the land.
The people are becoming more hard-hearted, not less.
And human history shows that when the hard-hearted overwhelm those who are attempting to give compassion, the system implodes.

As a scientist and a theologian, I realize the complexity in all of it, but I know which category is our hope.
It's not me. It's not the people of the world. And it sure isn't the enemy who schemes and lies to keep people thinking bottom line thoughts rather than top line thoughts.
The enemy keeps people bound up in questions, questions, questions and woulda, coulda, shoulda, so that fellowship with God now and forever is sucked right outta people.
The enemy has some pretty good momentum but does not win.

I remember this every single time I sit with yet another family, and the numbers are becoming overwhelming, whose young person has decided that this world is not worth living in anymore.

Teach Truth. Love Well.
It's the only hope we have.

Blessings,
Mark

Re: Christianity Rapidly Dying Out in US [Re: Marty] #7673233
09/17/22 08:09 AM
09/17/22 08:09 AM
Eastern Shore of Maryland
HobbieTrapper Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"
HobbieTrapper  Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"

Originally Posted by Marty
All it is gonna take is one major event and things will turn upside down. We are at the precipice....that is just the way it is. Evaluate things and be honest with yourself about the way it is...The hate is deep.

A major event in the past would unite the country, I believe that is no longer the case.

-Goofy-
Re: Christianity Rapidly Dying Out in US [Re: KeithC] #7673244
09/17/22 08:19 AM
09/17/22 08:19 AM
williamsburg ks
D
danny clifton Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
danny clifton  Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
D

williamsburg ks
IF christianity is in decline its because educated people question stories about a man surviving for 3 days in a fish’s belly for example.

Those who would give up essential liberty, to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)
Re: Christianity Rapidly Dying Out in US [Re: KeithC] #7673247
09/17/22 08:23 AM
09/17/22 08:23 AM
williamsburg ks
D
danny clifton Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
danny clifton  Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
D

williamsburg ks
I think many people have always questioned christianity but used to stay quiet. To speak up carried to many consequences from the believers. Even today believers get angry and immediately marginalize anyone who expresses doubt. Then denies they are angry and insulting the nonbeliever

Those who would give up essential liberty, to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)
Re: Christianity Rapidly Dying Out in US [Re: danny clifton] #7673257
09/17/22 08:37 AM
09/17/22 08:37 AM
Central montana
.204 Offline
trapper
.204  Offline
trapper

Central montana
Originally Posted by danny clifton
IF christianity is in decline its because educated people question stories about a man surviving for 3 days in a fish’s belly for example.

I dont know Danny, there are educated people out there claiming the entirety of all that is created itself.
Which is the greater miracle?

And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgement!
Re: Christianity Rapidly Dying Out in US [Re: danny clifton] #7673259
09/17/22 08:38 AM
09/17/22 08:38 AM
Central montana
.204 Offline
trapper
.204  Offline
trapper

Central montana
I think many people have always questioned christianity but used to stay quiet. To speak up carried to many consequences from the believers. Even today believers get angry and immediately marginalize anyone who expresses doubt. Then denies they are angry and insulting the nonbeliever

I kinda think that might go both ways, You?

And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgement!
Re: Christianity Rapidly Dying Out in US [Re: KeithC] #7673264
09/17/22 08:43 AM
09/17/22 08:43 AM
williamsburg ks
D
danny clifton Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
danny clifton  Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
D

williamsburg ks
The question was asked and I answered from my perspective Jwill.

Last edited by danny clifton; 09/17/22 08:43 AM.

Re: Christianity Rapidly Dying Out in US [Re: KeithC] #7673265
09/17/22 08:44 AM
09/17/22 08:44 AM
Southern Illinois
F
Foxpaw Offline
trapper
Foxpaw  Offline
trapper
F

Southern Illinois
Where is God ?

Two boys who were always getting into trouble had about drove their parents and anyone they came came into contact with "nuts". If there was anything went awry those 2 boys were usually involved. In desperation the parents decided to seek help from clergy. So they went to seek help. The counselor wanted to separate them and chose to see the younger first. So the parents took him to see the clergyman.

The clergyman sat the boy down and asked where is God? The boy made no response, so the clergyman repeated the question in an even sterner tone, 'Where is God?' Again the boy made no attempt to answer. So the clergyman raised his voice even more and shook his finger in the boy's face, 'WHERE IS GOD?'

At that the boy bolted from the room and ran directly home, slamming himself in the closet. His older brother followed him into the closet and asked what had happened. The younger brother replied, 'We are in BIG trouble this time. God is missing and they think we did it.'

Re: Christianity Rapidly Dying Out in US [Re: KeithC] #7673273
09/17/22 08:47 AM
09/17/22 08:47 AM
Iowa
T
trapdog1 Offline
trapper
trapdog1  Offline
trapper
T

Iowa
Thanks, Foxpaw! grin

Re: Christianity Rapidly Dying Out in US [Re: .204] #7673285
09/17/22 08:58 AM
09/17/22 08:58 AM
HobbieTrapper Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"
HobbieTrapper  Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"

Originally Posted by jwill

I kinda think that might go both ways, You?

Not so sure those “consequences” were all from believers. lol

-Goofy-
Re: Christianity Rapidly Dying Out in US [Re: danny clifton] #7673301
09/17/22 09:18 AM
09/17/22 09:18 AM
Maine, Aroostook
Posco Offline
trapper
Posco  Offline
trapper

Maine, Aroostook

How does a marginalized group marginalize anyone? Christians are probably the most maligned and marginalized group of people in the country...or the world for that matter.

Re: Christianity Rapidly Dying Out in US [Re: KeithC] #7673302
09/17/22 09:23 AM
09/17/22 09:23 AM
williamsburg ks
D
danny clifton Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
danny clifton  Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
D

williamsburg ks
Charley Brown is just a cartoon

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread